Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 3,824 reviews matching the search See all 4,051 reviews
Pretty typical, but laid back sales environment
Cashier and Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Mundelein, ILAugust 15, 2018
this was a typical but laid back retail environment. Management were very laid back, rarely was stressful, and decent first work experience as a teenager.
Pros
laid back environment.
Cons
very low pay.
Stressful environment
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, NYAugust 15, 2018
Working at Party City was probably the worst thing I could ever do, which stinks cause its ironically the longest I have worked anywhere. I would typically be working up front with the registers even though I was not a cashier. I would constantly do stuff that were outside my work lines to pick up the slack from other co-workers/managers. The morale of the store was very low with co-workers spreading rumors and lies about each other. Not to mention half the staff were under 18. Our boss was a bit of a slob, doing chewing tobacco and spitting it into water bottles, then leaving said bottles around the store. I could go on about how much I hate this work place, but this is pretty much the gist of it.
Pros
the discounts
Cons
Co-workers, Managers, Customers
Productive and fun place to work.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILAugust 15, 2018
A typical day at work includes cashiering, zoning, fulfilling balloon orders, answering phone calls, training new employees, resetting displays and updating prices.
Pros
employee disocunt
Cons
short breaks, no break room
Fun place to work
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 14, 2018
It was fun to work at party city and the managers were great but very little pay and very little hours too many employees so hours weren’t shares eveningly.
Pleasant working experience
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, MDAugust 14, 2018
Was a pleasant working experience with excellent management and work environment. The only downfalls are the lack of hours available and the limited time period of the positions.
Great place to work, best job I've ever had!
CASHIER/TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNAugust 14, 2018
Very great staff and the manager is the best! The pay isn't the greatest, but the environment and regular customers make up for it. Also, Halloween time is the most fun!
Team member (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CAAugust 13, 2018
It was an overall really good experience, especially if you didnt have a job prior to this one. They took me right in without me having experience. They definately reached out for people who dont have experience.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Short breaks, not alot of benefits
Not a bad Partime Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYAugust 13, 2018
Not a bad place to work. Management too pushy on collection of email addresses and or phone numbers of customers. But if you like planning a party or throw lots of them this is the place to work.
Great first job and seasonal starting job
Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles CAAugust 13, 2018
Great 1st job to start with. Job environment is great as well and especially around the holidays. Positions besides management are cashiering and stocking.
Pros
Flexible hours, employee discount, great work environment
Cons
Hours and pay
Horrible!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 13, 2018
They don't appreciate hard work in any way shape or form. They overwork you more than what would be suggested. Any little mistake you made, instead of correcting you so it doesn't happen again, you get yelled at and scolded as if you were a child. NEVER work for this company.
Pros
Cons
all
Good for your first job
Winston Salem (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 11, 2018
This job is a good way to get your foot in the door to gain customer service experience but not something to make a career out of. It's a fast paced environment and gets really hectic around the holidays, especially during Halloween.
Fun fas going people there
Stalker (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 11, 2018
When I worked at party city I was happy it was a good job to start my career it was friendly there no drama at all .. the place was clean Always self stalked it was a good place too work at..
Pros
Yes free lunch
Cons
Good breaks
Friendly and lax workplace
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 10, 2018
Party City is a great starting job. They will work around your schedule to give you hours. Management and staff are extremely friendly. It a very simple place to work and only difficult around seasonal time. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job is working with customers. A good customer can make or break your experience here. Though it rarely happens. You can get some unruly customers from time to time. But minus those rare occasions most of the time customers are respectful and thankful for your help. This is a great place to start working if you are looking for something like a second job, or a part-time as it is not stressful or labor intensive.
Pros
Flexible hours, Nice environment, Friendly staff
Cons
Short breaks, Hours will vary
Awesome working with customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLAugust 10, 2018
A typical day consist of unpacking costumes and working the picture wall where the customers figure out what costumes they'd like.

learned to always know your stores inventory to the best of your knowledge.

Management was super cool and laid back. Great energies.

Remembering where all the items of the store belong when its time to do go backs.

Working with kids to set up the best event or find the best costume for them.
Very Fun , relaxing
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 10, 2018
I loved working at party city. My favorite was blowing up all the balloons For the customers . Saturday’s was our busiest day . I’ve also done cashiering and stock associate. So far party city was one of the best jobs I’ve ever had.
Pros
Discounts free snacks.
Cons
Short breaks sometimes no breaks.
stressful if a store manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAAugust 10, 2018
The job is stressful have to map out each seasonal set then figure out how to set and fill with limited payroll hours. It is a good job for some one going to school not a lot of hours for part time associates. Not a got job if you don't like to get dirty and perspire. You unload you own trucks sometimes by yourself.
Pros
good starting salarys as gm
Cons
work life balance, no payroll
fun
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 9, 2018
At party city I learned a lot of things keeping things organized having things cleaned up being able to communicate with customers helping people find out what they were looking for being able to work with balloons and I actually learned how to work with them inflated them tired of them and I also loved working with my coworkers they were nice people they treat you like if they’re your own family
Pros
10 min break
Rudderless.
Senior Creative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 9, 2018
See above. No-one has any idea whats going on anywhere. No vision. No strategy. No nothing. A bunch of idiot apes steering the company into oblivion. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
None.
Cons
All of them.
Stressful and minimal pay
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIAugust 9, 2018
Management within the overall corporation expected too much to get done without giving enough hours for such, and the pay hardly increased - in nearly four years I only received $1.80 total increase in my wage from what I started at and what I left at - and that was after a promotion two years ago - I still was not even making $10/hour being a member of management in my store.
Loved his place
Front End Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 9, 2018
I really enjoyed working here moved up very quickly by being a hard worker and proving that I wanted to work there. I had to relocate and couldn’t work there anymore but I really enjoyed it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Party City Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.2K
31K

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight