Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 4,871 reviews matching the search See all 5,157 reviews
Not the best in my opinion
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJanuary 17, 2019
I worked here as a seasonal sales associate over the Halloween season. Besides myself, 2 others and the managers, it was all high schoolers. They grouped together and were not too inclusive. They also didn't understand that I have a phobia of heights and instead of being understanding, they had me do tasks that involved using ladders. I have anxiety and mental issues so by trying to make me do this work, I felt really uneasy going to work. They were flexible with the hours because I had another job but with the way they didn't understand my issues wasn't professional. Maybe others had a better experience there, this is just my story. They haven't called me back for another year of seasonal work and I'm glad.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Not very inclusive, didn't seem to understand my personal issues
It was terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJJanuary 17, 2019
coworkers were very rude! everyone was very lazy! nobody wanted to work, rude manager, theft from coworkers. very slow. not helpful. disrespectful as well.
party city life
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJanuary 16, 2019
Great family operated business. I had job security, loyal and honest employers. I worked there for six years. The hardest part of the job was trying to please every customer, which wasn't hard but everyone's different so it could be changeling . a typical day was placing orders on everyday merchandise to keep the store stocked. The best part of my day was helping customers to decorate and plan .
No sense of leadership
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAJanuary 16, 2019
From the time I started to the time I left I watched atleast 10 people quit including several managers. All the management does is shift the blame around when it comes to store issues. Hours are practically nonexistent despite the understaffed store. They also would randomly call you to come in on days off and if you didn’t show they’d right you up for skipping work even if you told them you couldn’t make it in on your day off. I’d be lucky to get 8 hours a week during any season other than Halloween. Seasonal workers got paid more than I did, I didn’t even make enough money to pay one bill. I was hired on as a stock worker because their back room was a mess as well as the store. Completely disregarded what they hired me for brought in an outside company to do it. Also they never trained me and stuck me with a Comdata card that would scam me out of money. When I asked to set up direct deposit they suggested I make an adp account when I tried it came up that I was never in the system. When I brought this up they told me they were to busy to deal with it.
Pros
Fun atmosphere during Halloween
Cons
Poor wages, poor hours, and poor management
It was a great opportunity to start my work experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 16, 2019
It was great opportunity and also in the area that I enjoy dealing with people and supporting them in there needs. This job experience was very enjoyable due to the nature of the sales.
Fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJanuary 16, 2019
The positon I held was front end cashier which helped me to have good customer service. This was a fast paced, fun environment, that allowed me to have multiple task
Never a dull moment
Executive Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  National City, CAJanuary 15, 2019
The store's layout is ever changing; which always keeps you busy. If you love people and love to work at a fast paced environment, this is for you. There are always many projects to do.
Pros
Benefits, experiences
creative
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 14, 2019
we were able o help customers with the idea of there costumes and help with parts. my favorite pat were the ballloons and how colorful it was in the store and how fun it was to be in everyday.
I love it here I would work here agin for another season
Cashier at Party City (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 14, 2019
Great energy very determined hard working lovely people.determined as a group open minded to new journeys the story face .great positively .give reasonable Hours and pay
Pros
Breaks and they paid great
Party City was a good learning experience.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Party City was a huge learning experience an it still mind boggles me how people feel so much pressure. The customers are a give or take, their either super understanding or the other way but it's no problem to me when a customer is upset their easy to calm down and talk to once you put things in their perspective. A typical work day I was a cashier. It was very easy and I quite enjoyed it.The hardest part of the job was the time crunches, but the mot enjoyable was the customers when they've found everything they've needed and are satisfied with their visit.
Fun work environment but not enough pay for sales associates.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 14, 2019
Sales associate are responsible for a lot of task for little pay. Good first job. If you love talking to customers and giving suggestions this is the place to be.
Terrible
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAJanuary 13, 2019
This place was just terrible I was over worked as a student and the sales associates and managers were always quitting so I was often doing manager jobs for no money! They paid 725 and you only get 10¢ a year raise! I was only making 7:45 after 2 years
It was a job.
Halloween City Associate (Former Employee) –  Papillion, NEJanuary 13, 2019
Party City was not the best company to be working through, but I am glad that I had the chance to progress my work history. The company gave us cards to use that benefited them, and taxed us. That sucked. Also, management sucked.
Pros
Relaxed setting
it fun work at
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2019
i love this place and fun place to work with fun place to i love it slow paces and also it very nice places and also very died sometime and also that it fun
Awesome Fellow Employees
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 12, 2019
Loved the environment and my fellow co-workers for everyday there was something new I could learn from my happy, positive, cheerful manager. If it had paid a little bit more, I would have stayed and made a career out of it. Helping people to throw party's, laugh, learn, and create life long friendships, and getting paid for it. There was nothing better.
Pros
Positive Environment, Professional Management, Friendly Employees
Cons
Wage, Benefits
Amzaming place to work at!!
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2019
Party City is a great place to work at the managers are awesome coworkers are great very friendly. Discounts on everything great environment I recommend anyone to work their. Would most definitely work with Party City again!!.
Pros
Great people, really good discounts
Cons
N/a
sales associate
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CAJanuary 11, 2019
party city can be a fun place to work if you make it one. Normally I had a good time working there especially during Halloween. I learned how to make balloon bouquets. Organized balloons and made a spreadsheet for the cashiers. Stock empty shelves and change prices when needed. Customer service was a top priority there. It is busy on weekends and holidays. I would answer phones, greet people, make balloon orders and cashier usually all at the same time with a smile plastered to my face. I loved it when it was really busy and when it was slow I cleaned or organized.
Pros
fun environment and nice people
Cons
when you first start as seasonal they pay you on a card and you usaully don't get your full amount, they do not or rarely ever promote within no matter how long you've been there
Corporate is oblivious to how thier poor decisions affect the stores
Operations Specialist/Manager (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 11, 2019
We are under constant stress of completing tasks in unreasonable time frames with bare minimum payroll hours to handle not only tasks but also provide customer service to the customers in the store. Most of our customer complaints come from a lack of help in the floor but we can't put people on the floor because of our lack of payroll to do so. Their breakdown of payroll hours show a complete lack of knowledge of how an actual store operates; we are give 8 hours a week dedicated to Balloon Counter, for example, which is by far our most time consuming area of the store and those 8 hours are spent on a Saturday alone, if not more during our busiest times.

Logistics is nearly as broken as payroll. We will receive 200+ piece trucks with absolutely no notice, which leads to no one to receive it and no where to put it. We will receive items that have no business being in the store so early that we then have to sit on for months. This year we received Easter mid December when we hadn't even gotten our New Years items yet!

And the worst of all? "Things will get better in the new year" they spouted. It didn't.
Pros
Staff at my current location
Cons
Awful Payroll Hours, Terrible Logistics for Freight, Total Lack of Empathy from Corprate
Workload vastly exceeds pay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Miami, FLJanuary 11, 2019
Overall the job is not bad. However, due to the small teams sizes, you are considerably overworked. Breaks are short and the pay does not reasonably match the position or workload.
Coworkers were all friendly and made it cool
Sales associate (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJanuary 10, 2019
It is mainly a part time work place unless you are a manager and I really only get to work 4 days out of each week, but during the Halloween season gou get a lot more hours, other than that you wouldn't get very much. I liked the flexible schedules and working with my coworkers made everything smooth and fun.
Pros
Discounts, flexible schedules, helpful co workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Party City Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K
41.5K
31.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Party City Corporation.

Powered by Comparably