Paséa Hotel & Spa Employee Reviews

Fun Place, great vibe.
Spa Director (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMay 21, 2019
Fun place to work. Work/life balance was tought, but what do you expect when opening up an amazing Hotel & Spa. Overall great experience, definitely learned a lot and met some really cool people.
Pros
Free Lunch, cool people, beautiful place.
Cons
Work-life balance was tough. Compensation was low.
Great place to work...If you are in the "Inner Circle"
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 14, 2019
8 times out of 10, you will have a good, typical day of work, that you would expect from a hotel. Pay is somewhat on par with industry standards, depending on your position, but getting an appropriate raise can be next to impossible. Hourly Staffing is seemingly kept to the barebones minimum so they can justify salaried wages for redundant positions and, as such, are constantly overworked. Executive management tends to discourage collaboration and idea development and will, at times, ignore suggestions from hourly employees, should those suggestions or ideas deviate from their agendas. Despite these short comings, the overall employee experience is enhanced by the family atmosphere of the hourly employees. The hotel is beautiful and the surrounding area is undergoing a great revitalization.
Pros
Hourly compensation, benefits, and familial culture of hourly staff
Cons
Lack of advancement and executive overreach
Fun workplace
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 26, 2018
Fun workplace, beautiful hotel and view of the ocean. Can be a little a stressful when restaurant is busy. Great hotel discounts. Fun coworkers and managers.
There is a huge opportunity for growth within the company
EXECUTIVE CHEF (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 29, 2018
Newer Hotel Management company heading in the right direction with a lot of opportunity for growth. Newer roles in corporate with a wealth of knowledge in Hospitality and Food and Beverage
Fun Workplace environment
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 28, 2018
I work overnight and I enjoy all the night shift personnel I am in contact with. They are welcoming and also hold a hard shell for the sole purpose of day clients are of different character (sober) as opposed to night time when its around the time where they return from bars and all. This hotel is intended to be a no party zone and how more comfortable can one be knowing most of all clients are there to enjoy time off at a resort. It is less busy in a sense of foot traffic but we are kept busy with our tasks. I am a full time student and have a second job, working over night here I was given the go by upper management to get some homework done when all work tasks are completed. This organization works around school schedules and very much so military friendly. I enjoy what I do and who I am with. Of course, there are downers, but I, myself need this second job to pay for school so I manage and I do all that I can.
Pros
free lunch, work around schedule, helpful management
Cons
shot break, expected to stand all shift, dont like their blazer lol, cold at night
Productive and fun place to work
VIP Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 8, 2018
Productive and fun place to work. Every hotel is pleasant. Great environment. Non-existant benefits. Great training and opportunities available for moving up in the company.
Very unstable
Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 8, 2018
Mgmt constantly changes , no one in same page. Customer service on property was poor. No support from management and set up to fail. Enjoyed many of my co workers and it’s a pretty hotel but no job security at all.
Pros
Pretty hotel
Cons
Lack of job security
Fast paced work environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 6, 2018
Fast paced work in a laid back luxury environment. Employees are expected to anticipate guest needs and ensure they are met in a timely manner. Provide guests a memorable experience.
Good place to work if you want to venture into different departments of the hotel.
hotel staff (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAApril 18, 2018
Laundry attendent is a high pace job which you'll need to become a custom too but at the end its an easy and simple job. Loading machines, washing, drying, ironing, drying, and distributing the linen to the housemen. Not much too it. Get to work around with amazing people and get to know them through short exchanges.
review of the pasea
Lead Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMarch 11, 2018
i enjoyed my time with the Pasea hotel and spa. The management is there to help you out as well as your co workers. it is slow pace in a fast paced environment, were guest go to hang 10 and enjoy the golden coast for California.
Not Supportive
FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMarch 8, 2018
The company is ran by investors and only care about money in their pockets. Management does not support employees when berated and harassed by guests. You can not eat at the restaurant or use spa services on days off. They do not own many properties and trying to visit other hotels with discount is difficult because they block a lot of dates and you can only visit M-Th.
Pros
Free lunch, beautiful views
Cons
management, short breaks
Fun and competitive front desk team
PBX Operator/Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 23, 2017
As a PBX operator, it was amazing for me to establish a relationship with the guests over the phone and be able to have the pleasure in meeting them in person as they always asked about me, MC (my nickname) to go to the front desk to meet them. I loved that so much. It said a lot of my customer service ability to make our guests happy. Well, some of the girls did not like that so much so that made it a little bit difficult for me to be able to grow and be myself.
I need a change to a place where team work is #1, where I can learn from others as well as teaching others my expertise.
Pros
Employee Discount on hotel rooms
Cons
benefits, late nights
Nice work life balance and bright place
Banquet Event Bartender (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 15, 2017
Plenty of sunlight, smiling faces, and fresh air. Brand new place so it's beautiful. Some high stress times but that's how any job worth it's time is. Some great personalities there but also some young people just looking to get through summer.
Pasea
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 27, 2017
Pasea is an alright place to work at. But just alright. Management is constantly coming and going and no one is ever on the same page. A lot of politics go on at this property. Working hard does not always benefit you at Pasea.
Pros
A lot of cool co-workers. Can be fun
Cons
Worst "lunch" (sometimes bugs), sexist management
New and needs a lot of work
Poolside waitress (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 20, 2017
There is a high turnover rate of employees and that includes management. There is no training implemented by some management on the restaurant side of the hotel. You are either overstaffed or understaffed. No one seems to really care to higher people with experience and a lot of teenagers with bad work ethics come and go. There is a lack of decorum by the younger staff and some management. When you are able to find them management, some just seem to do the bare minimum or just don't know how to improve a situation. The restaurant has great potential but they cannot seem to hire a manager that can turn the place around.
Pros
Discounts to other hotels, not the one you work at.
Cons
Poor staffing and management, shortage of supplies
Fun workplace with views of the ocean!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJune 22, 2017
Awesome company, that will give you nothing but the best. You cannot beat seeing the ocean everytime you work. Working at Pasea makes you feel like you're in a dream. The best part of the job is getting to stay at the beautiful sister hotels for a very awesome price. The workplace is fun and energetic. Expect to always have a good laugh while working.
Pros
free lunches, beautiful sister hotels to stay at, beautiful view of the ocean while at work
Cons
short breaks, unorganized management
Beautiful and fast paced environment on the beach of Huntington Beach, CA
F&B Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAApril 24, 2017
Pasea Hotel and Spa is a beautiful, modern and beach-y chic property with many opportunities to be exceptionally versatile in the hospitality industry for employees. Typically hourly employees at Pasea are eligible and encouraged to be "dual coded" and work a shift in another department. I really appreciate the ability to be able to experience another department.