Pasadena City College Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Fun place to work in, must feel comfortable working with otherz
eCURe Internship (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 7, 2018
It is great to work here, nothing less or more, could not ask more for this job. I worked here as an intern under a professor who is more than willing to get out of her to help a person out.
productive and interactive
American Sign Language Tutor (ASL) (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 4, 2018
The workplace and environment is multi-cultural and very enjoyable working along different individuals with different backgrounds, personalities, subject of knowledge, etc...
Pros
the work hours works around your school schedule
Cons
not enough hours
I was just a TA
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 24, 2018
It was only a TA position to help fellow students. I've learned to be patient when students are not understanding how to code or debug. The environment was in a classroom.
workplace culture
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 3, 2018
Enjoy working at Pasadena City College. I enjoy working with my team and how diverse we are. The more brains we put together the work gets done easily done.
Difficult to Advance
College Assistant - Grant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 26, 2018
Very tough to obtain an opportunity to advance yourself in the workplace. Management at times blind to greatness. Good employees often overlooked by management.
Pros
Pay Rates and Benefits
Cons
Competitive environment; very difficult to advance
workplace swimming pools.
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 19, 2018
family work place, polite,curtious,hard working, fun,union outings,staffgatherings,and partys,meaningful meetings,loving and caring, excellent customer service, swimming pools, gym, track field.
Pros
free food for staff and employee's, complimentary snacks etc.
Cons
healthcare, paid vacations, sick time.
I was Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 17, 2018
Not applicable This site is asking the information as if I worked at the Pasadena College .

As A student I liked the campus and classes I attended. At the time a college president was not in office.

I have no opinion valid to access work conditions or any relationships.
Pasadena City College
Student (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 10, 2018
Did not work here. This is where I go to school. I am currently majoring in Kinesiology and Psychology. I would like to be a sports psychologist for a professional team.
Great
Welder (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 4, 2018
Awesome as can be!!! Super duper great, what can I say about my favorite welding school? It turned my whole life around. I would recommned it to everyone I can.
free of teaching style
lead adjunct assistant professor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 30, 2018
class lead instructor
I leaned all the time from my multicultural students and how to interact with diverse cultural co-workers in proper manner and their cultural and background need
the division is getting more organized and well managed after new dean hiring
very multicultural environment which I enjoyed the environment
finding full time job based on my need of leaving expenses , no guarantee for the upcoming semester work hours
working with the dean of the department and diverse students . a lot of resources available for students and offering them to the proper places to enhance their health and academic needs
Pros
not enough class for instructors to teach
Cons
enjoyable facility, no work office for the part time instructors
good college
Wr Coach (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 13, 2018
great junior college for academics and athletics, great place for a student or an athlete to transition into a four year university from, also a great location.
Pros
great school, location
Cons
more lively and younger coaches needed for sports program
It was a place where you had an opportunity to help students fulfill their dreams.
Secretarial Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at Pasadena City College. It was a work experience that felt rewarding. Being able to help someone's child fulfill their dreams or move onto their next educational goals.
Pros
Met students from around the world and work independently most of the time.
Cons
Not enough hours in the day to get work done.
Quiet, welcoming working environment
English & Writing Tutor (Current Employee) –  Rosemead, CAFebruary 10, 2018
Quiet, welcoming working environment. Not too many people in the Rosemead area, but students are nice, and the front desk staff is very helpful. Overall, a good place to work.
productive and good learning experience
Ujima Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 9, 2018
I learned how to manage people my own age and work with multiple different offices at once. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be interaction with people of all ages.
Great place to start a career
BROADCASTER/PLAY BY PLAY ANNOUNCER (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 1, 2018
No pay, but great experience.
You can choose your career field and take courses that lead to the opportunity for an internship. This insures you will enjoy the field of your choice.
Adjunct intstructor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 27, 2018
Of the many schools I taught at as an adjunct, PCC was one of the most communicative and collaborative. There were also some interesting professional development events that made this campus stand out.
Departments and divisions are better managed than the school as a whole
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 21, 2018
I get a free hand and lots of kudos for my work -- which is singular across the country.

I basically run the writing program in the Performing and Communications Arts division.

I like my peers and my students shower me with praise, but I need tto make more money than the school can afford to pay.
Pros
Academic freedom and self-management
Cons
The Board is not particularly wise, their misunderstanding of general management principles and practices hurts the school overall.
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 17, 2018
at least 1 class every weekday, learned basic educational items, hardest part is keeping focused, i enjoy the people and the professors are amazing...
Relaxed work env.
English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 7, 2017
This is a good job for PCC students, though compensation is low. I used it as a way to kill time on campus. Plus when there aren't students you can work on homework.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Low hourly
Fun teaching
Accounting Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 20, 2017
Fun teaching Fun teaching Fun teaching Fun teaching Fun teaching. It was Fun teaching. The students are amazing and the experience was valuable and the skills I learned were transferable.