Pasco-Hernando State College Employee Reviews

4.6
Ratings breakdown
Work in harmony with nature
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLJanuary 30, 2018
If you love nature and willing to work in place located in extremely beautiful natural landshaft - Pasco-Hernando State College - for you! The management of my Classes were well organized. I really always was enjoyed make a lectures for the students interested in learning and getting new knowledge.
Productive and Challenging
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Your day will go quick working here. It felt like a family environment and also they help with school funds. I learned how to use Microsoft Software and also how to budget money.
New building with decent technology availability
Professor of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJanuary 2, 2018
This job is basically a "learn as you go" position. There is no one to teach you the ropes or guide you when you first start. HR is disorganized and loses documentation on a frequent basis. The best part of the job is interacting with the students. The worst part of the job is that you make very little money for holding a higher level degree.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
Pay
I was just an Intern
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLDecember 23, 2017
I was just a Student Worker in one of the offices but it was a fun, relaxed environment with friendly staff and a reasonable workload. The pay was not fantastic and neither were the hours but they worked around my class schedule.
Family oriented fun and busy working environment
Maintenance mechanic 1 (Current Employee) –  Brooksville FloridaAugust 29, 2017
Typical day at Pasco-Hernando State College rounds in the morning check all HVAC equipment Chillers in charge of ice plant water softener chlorinator running the fire pump once a week PMS on school dude daily not including work orders was an electrician for 15 years done maintenance on the side learned a lot at Pasco-Hernando State College great place to work learn something new everyday
Pros
Was able to take lunch and break when needed
Cons
Poor management
Intern
Veteran Internship (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FL 34606August 8, 2017
I was an intern for Pasco-Hernando State College. This was an unpaid position, where I learned from professionals on a daily basis. This was a requirement of my AS.
Pros
All Pros
Cons
No Cons
Excellent
Pre-Collegiate Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLFebruary 16, 2017
Excellent place to work. I am proud to be there. The benefits are outstanding. Great place to advance your career. It is good for a family life.
Very productive relaxed family-oriented workplace
Maintenance mechanic 1 (Current Employee) –  Brooksville FloridaJanuary 25, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is customer service my responsibilities is maintenance mechanic responsibilities of the whole campus inside and out in control of Tracer Summit all Chillers, VAV's, air handlers, toilets, sinks, excetera. All skills of the construction field are put to the test daily. very friendly easy-going work environment also have to work with contractors of all trades also standing call For phsc.
Pros
Lunch and break whenever needed, plenty of student activities to be involved i, learn something new everyday
Community-oriented Employer with Genuinely Caring People
Director of Continuing Education (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJuly 17, 2016
As a multi campus state college, PHSC provides workforce education degrees and certifications as well as a fully transferable two-year associate's degree. Senior leadership is outstanding, and staff genuinely care about student success. It's a friendly place to work with excellent benefits.
Pros
Community service oriented, opportunities for advancement, great work culture
Cons
Program and policy changes can take a long time to happen
Excellent environment
Web Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FL 34654April 23, 2016
Love coming to work and facing new challenges. Cafeteria on site and great people to work around. Administration always willing to help.
Enrollment Management Representative (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMarch 29, 2016
A typical day is helping out students with registration or any questions they may have. I learned about financial aid and the registration process for classes. Management was great. Employees were very nice. There weren't any hard parts of the job. The enjoyable part was interacting with the students.
Office Assistannt
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLApril 11, 2015
on a day-by-day basis i worked with students to help them attain federal financial aid to help pay for courses and books so there education can continue
Pasco-Hernando Work Study Position
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FloridaSeptember 28, 2014
As a work study in two of the busiest departments on campus I had the opportunity to interact with people (young and old) on a daily basis. At different times of the day I was a receptionist, secretary, hand holder, research assistant, and community outreach coordinator.

In the Financial Aid Department I was part receptionist, part secretary, part research assistant, I assisted students in finding the websites necessary to apply for federal financial aid, student loans and scholarships.

The Encore Academy is a program that encourages 50+ adults to continue their education in order to make them more job ready.

Working in the Financial Aid Department and as the Assistant to the Encore Program Manager afforded me the opportunity to learn which websites needed to be filled out and what paperwork needed to be submitted for review by the advisers. When students received letters from the school asking for paperwork, I could often save them several hours of wait time by reviewing the letter and documents. If they had everything we asked for, we made copies for our file and the student could go home. If something was missing, we would explain what was still needed and asked them to return when they had everything.

The hardest part of the job was when I had to tell people that they didn't qualify for financial aid or scholarships. It never got easier.

The most enjoyable parts of the job were when I was able to give people like myself (50+) the courage to start college. When I was able to help them to take classes that would help them to obtain up-to-date college skills
Pros
Hours are based upon my school schedule, and it saves gas by working in the same place I go to school.
Cons
It is part-time work with no set amount of hours, some terms I've had 25 hours per week, some 15 hours and this semester only 10, there is no rhyme or reason to how many hours I'm allotted, as a part-time worker I don't get any benefits or paid time off.