Pasco County, FL Employee Reviews

Teaching
State of Florida School Teacher, Alachua (Former Employee) –  Hernando County, FLNovember 25, 2018
I enjoyed teaching for the Pasco County School board. The salary was competitive and the people were great to work for. I would work there again if I moved back to Florida.
Fun work place
Pasco county schools (Current Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLNovember 13, 2018
Amaizng workers and loved the enviorment the hardest part of the job was when we didnt have an assignment for the kids and had to figure something out for them to do
Pros
Worked with kids
Cons
Didnt get paid holidays
Professional Place to work
IT Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dade City, FLSeptember 30, 2018
Great place to work, professional atmosphere, great work life balance, and good benefits. Great opportunity to learn new technologies. Newly implemented "flex schedule" allows for 4 day work weeks.
Pros
Work life balance
Great company to work for.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Richey, FLSeptember 23, 2018
Cares for their employees. Able to be involved in the community. Has two staff appreciation days a year. Great benefits. Alot of training opportunities.
Pros
Great benefits
good ole boys
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Pasco County, FLAugust 16, 2018
lousy enviroment to work in ,need to be in the bosses loop of friends or you are out.mechanics dont fix equipment properly,they are over-worked,and under staffed
Pros
steady hours
Cons
no breaks, low pay
nice place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLAugust 6, 2018
A lot of time on the phone. Putting in work orders and taking call from Pasco county residents. All the people are nice you would call them friends even meet after work for dinner.
Challenging & Interesting.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJune 1, 2018
I work in the Engineering Department. I find its very interesting, I work with different Agencies and Department to get to the goal of building roads and sidewalks for Pasco County infrastructure. From Route Study, Design to Construction Phase. Working with Consultants and Permitting Agencies. I am proud to say when I drive around town that I was involved in the roads that we drive on in a daily basis.

Pros
Benefits and retirement benefits which is seldom a Florida benefit.
Cons
Overall staff is friendly but there is favoritism.
Good place to build a career
Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMay 29, 2018
Definitely long term career to retire from. Good benefits, awesome sense of community, and good pay. Lots of room for growth which is highly desireable when seeking a new job.
Very fun internship.
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Pasco County, FLMay 7, 2018
I was able to get lots of hands-on experience in the field and worked with very kind people. They put effort into making my internship enjoyable and getting maximum experience.
Pasco county is a great place to work at, most of the staff are very well trained.
Transit Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLApril 13, 2018
First of all, I would say that PASCO's Human Resources Director M/s Barbara Hitzemann is quite a humble and talented professional. Having worked at a 20,000 employee hospital in Boston, I know what exceeding excellence is, this young lady has class. She was very easy to approach, and always willing to help. With regards to my immediate Supervisors, Managers & Directors? I will give them all an A-Plus.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Terrible experience
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Main StreetMarch 23, 2018
Director gets fired, staff can do as they please, unprofessional and viral work environment, liars, disrespectful to the public. Needs a good cleaning!
Pros
Cons
Not Cons, Con Artists
Relaxed Enviorment
RECREATION LEADER (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLFebruary 16, 2018
Great place to work, pays not great but makes up for it in benefits. If you want security this is the place to be. Work has its up and downs like any other job.
Pros
Relaxed Enviorment
Cons
Pay
Great teamwork
Customer Service/Field (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Good team effort to accomplish the set goals. Ability to learn new computer programs and to also develop customer service skills. Paid holidays, vacation and sick days.
Pros
Low supervision
Cons
Short breaks
one
Tax Collector (Former Employee) –  flJanuary 29, 2018
I worked only as a temp so i really cant say what a typical day at work is this system needs work i'm just trying to get this to stop asking me about jobs
Great job to work
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLDecember 7, 2017
Pasco County is a great place to work and has a lot of opportunities for different jobs.The benefits are awesome and covered by Blue Cross Florida.For family members too.
Disorganized with a Lack of Leadership
Inspector (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLDecember 3, 2017
Management is not involved in day to day operations. There does not exist a common goal or mission from management and there is very little support or feedback for employees. Because of the lack of leadership, there is a lot of talk about and between coworkers. People are not unified and there is no team work.

Systems put in placed will change from day to day, or week to week. There's really no point in learning how to do something a certain way, because the procedures won't stay in place for very long.
Pros
Steady work and decent pay
Cons
mismanagement, disorganization, stress, infighting and politics
Productive and Highly Motivated Work Enviornment
SUPERVISOR / MONITOR (Current Employee) –  Dade City, F.November 17, 2017
At this current moment I must say for the duration of this project.The bond and relationships that I have built with my co-worker's is Amazing.. Never have I felt like I belong as I do now with this company. I treat all co-workers like I would want to be treated. To the point where i consider them all to be family.
Pros
Meeting New People from diffrent cultures
Cons
Short Lunch Breaks, Should have atleast one off day
As a substitute teacher, I have no health insurance or paid vacations. I search a more permanent job.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  varyiing schools in Pasco CountyOctober 23, 2017
A typical day as a substitute teacher is to stay focused, keep an equilibrium in the classroom, report and joys or disappointments to the absent teacher and administrative staff. I ensure everthing is well organized for the returning teacher.
Productive if you have the right amount of employees
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLSeptember 26, 2017
I worked for facilities maintenance department in Pasco County. The job can be stressful In my eyes they just need 2 B better from the management side
Pros
Working alot by yourself
Cons
2 many chiefs and not enough indians
too much changeover
Emergency Communications Operator (Current Employee) –  Port Richey, FLAugust 6, 2017
Leads and Supervisors change regularly. Most step down because they are given no training or development. Very stressful on them, and to staff, because new supervisors step in who do not know what they are doing and are not helpful to employees. Mandated overtime is a constant. On call schedule has at least 6 days a month tied up. It is hard to do a great job when you are tired and burned out an no one every says thank you or good job.

Great insurance. Low pay. Lots of earned time off. Employee wellness clinic is free. Free uniforms. Paid training.