Passavant Memorial Homes Employee Reviews

I would not recommend this company
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 16, 2019
The reason why I would not recommend this company is they do not stick up for their employees I understand they are are things that come up that actually happen but in my case they knew the trouble from this client's family and still be leaved the garbage that I was accused of.
Pros
The clients were super wonderful, most of them
Cons
You can be the star employee, and then go from star employee, to having no job at all for no reason at all.
easy going, enjoyable clients
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 14, 2019
A typical day at work depends on the client. Some clients are in home and some go out in the community. The hardest part is finding a client with full time needs to have a 40 hour work week. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and getting to know new clients and helping them thrive.
Nice place to work
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, PAApril 22, 2019
Passavant Homes provided a positive work place. Managers and staff worked together to make sure the Residents were provided with quality care. Passant provided a great benefit package.
No integrity
DSW Worker (Current Employee) –  Rochester, PAApril 13, 2019
This company DOES NOT support or value their employees AT ALL. Their main concern is how much money the consumer is generating for the company but in reality (NO INTEGRITY) could care less about the well being of the consumer.
Pros
The consumers
Cons
Everything else
Teacher counselor
Teacher/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 23, 2019
The facilities can be unsafe. fellow staff are nice. management is not helpful. Job feels like it has little purpose and its hard to make a difference or a change.
Sad company
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMarch 20, 2019
Poor upper management, pay rate sucks for the amount of work you have to do and the things you deal with. The only positive aspect about the job was working with the individuals.
Pros
Individuals
Don't Do It
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, DEMarch 19, 2019
No Management Support in DELAWARE...Director is all for self and the Pennsylvania office acts like we did not exist, or were competition instead of a team.
Pros
Excellent salary
Cons
No support
The company has gone down hill
House Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 26, 2019
We do not get paid enough. Expected to work everyday 12-18 hrs. Upper management and HR are rude and always miserable. No advancement unless you're family of the CEO or a major brown noser. No appreciation for staff that go above and beyond. No appreciation for staff in general. As a house Coordinator you are on call 24/7 for a whopping $1.65/hr more only when you're on the clock. No compensation for on call. Even if someone else takes call they still call you. There is zero work/life balance unless you can shut your phone off. No support from PDs. More and more work piled on with no cares. All in all I have been here for 13 years. They don't pay me enough to stay but they pay me too much to leave. If you can help it look elsewhere.
Pros
Pto for seniority
Cons
All of it
Would not recomend
PRN (Former Employee) –  Rochester, PAFebruary 11, 2019
I loved working with my consumers. However, co workers were a hit or miss. A lot of people who work there you can tell do not care at all about the person they're supposed to take care of. They do a really terrible bare minimum job for the most part or even worse are abusive. Then those who do care do double or triple the work. Those people were really nice people, but did not seem to last long unless they got into a good house which is rare. Since everything is done by seniority and not who is the best worker.The houses with available shifts were always the worst shifts, worst coworkers, house falling apart, and consumers that need lots of care. The hourly rate is a joke. For the amount of work you should be doing to take care of consumers. Then the amount of money you pay in union dues, physical, TB testing, fingerprinting, background check, and insurance you hardly even get a paycheck. If you needed anything from management you will never hear back from them. They don't return phone calls, they don't return emails, and they usually have an attitude. Management is by far the worst part of this entire job. It's not worth it at all. Go to school and get a health care degree it will be worth the extra hourly rate.
Pros
making anothers life better
Cons
everything aside from consumers
Company as a whole
House Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAFebruary 5, 2019
This company does not care about there consumers best interest nor their loyal staff. They are sneeky and have no remorse for it. Would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Management, Growth in the company
Benefits are crazy expensive
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 4, 2019
They won’t tell you how much you have to pay toward your health insurance until you have worked 90 days. It’s $850/month that you have to pay for the family plan. There’s no money left in your paycheck.
Got beat up
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Harmarville PAJanuary 26, 2019
Harmarville PA office
I was beaten up two nights in a row by clients. Police were called. The doctor at ER told me that I had to take a week off. Passavant REFUSED to pay me workers comp. Then they kept sending me the hospital bill. When I got back to work they told me that my job was being eliminated. Shame on them
Pros
Decent pay
Care for consumers
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Newton, PAJanuary 25, 2019
Care for consumers on a day to day basis. Assist them in performing every day tasks that they may struggle in doing independently, while still teaching them how to effectively do these thing. The end goal in mind is to give them the skills to one day live independently.
not a job for everyone
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, PAJanuary 16, 2019
They care about their cleints. They dont care if their clients hurt the people. And they dont fully explain what you are walking into until you are in the house
Basic
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 13, 2018
This is a fast pace job. Learn what you need to do by doing it often. Really like taking care of an adults. In a house setting which is calming for the consumers.
good working field
Residental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PANovember 8, 2018
liked the company good to working to start out fast paced need to be able to multitask and your on your feet a lot depending the home you work in

schedules are decent depending what you are looking for.
I love the type of work I do just not the way the company is managed
Resident Aid (Current Employee) –  Rochester, PANovember 7, 2018
The work with the individuals is extremely rewarding. The value of the individual employees who go the extra mile does not seem to be taken into consideration as far as compensation and salary.
Pros
Building relationships with the consumers and their families
Cons
An individual employee is not held at any higher value based on job performance
Being able to help people is rewarding
Teacher Counselor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 23, 2018
Helping people is very rewarding. But management like to throw you under the bus and blame you even in situations that you can't help.
Management does not like to listen to direct care staff especially on the specialize program.
Climbing up the ladder is only for the chosen few.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
no breaks, not being able to advance
Its a rewarding job but can be very stressful.
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, PAOctober 18, 2018
Passavant is only a good job for people who have patience. I love this job. I love my consumers. Most of the people i work with are great. Its not a terrible job.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
No breaks.
Very Rewarding Job
SUPPORT STAFF (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PASeptember 25, 2018
The company as a whole is great, but with these types of jobs your available hours to choose from can vary depending on what's going on at the state level and how many consumers that have hours that need to be filled.
Pros
Good Pay, Independent Small Business Owner setup

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Passavant Memorial Homes. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight