Pasternack Tilker Ziegler Walsh Stanton & Romano LLP Employee Reviews

Productive and positive work environment
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYFebruary 25, 2019
Working at Pasternack, Tilker, Walsh, Stanton and Romano, LLP, the last five years, has been an enjoyable experience. My day starts at 8:30 am and the job that I hold as a intake specialist would consist of checking my daily calendar, print it and review my case load. I see clients everyday and discuss their Workers' Compensation cases and refer them to doctors, if need be. My office manager has taught me how to do my job efficiently. I could not ask for a more positive and helping manager then the one I work with. The office atmosphere feels like a "family" unit. The staff is willing to help each other out. The hardest part of my day is, not able to help out a client. If a client has a workers' compensation case and came in and is outside the guidelines, we unfortunately have to turn them away. I can say for myself, working at Pasternack has been a positive influence. I have grown within the company. Starting out as a receptionist and moved up to intake specialist. I am grateful that I have the opportunity to be part of this firm.
Not the place to work if you're looking to grow professionally
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 30, 2018
You'll work hard- it will never be enough for management. Caseload is very high. They need more paralegals. Would have liked to see less macromanagement and more appreciation.
Pros
Holiday Party
Cons
Large Caseload
Stressfull environment
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  BrentwoodNovember 25, 2018
Working with my other paralegals was awesome. We collaborated and always joked around- it's the best part of working there.
Management micro manages and stresses you out with contradictory mandates. Some also have no etiquette for communication.
Attorneys are condescending.
High case load, paid lower than similar firms, no raises.
Pros
Annual Mets game, christmas party
Cons
Too much micro management
Lucky to work here
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 7, 2018
Very happy and very comfortable. Management interested in us doing the best job for their clients but are also interested in their staff. Well trained and appreciated.
No room for advancement
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2018
There is no room for advancement. Pay is too little for the amount of work we do. Salary raises are very little. Case load is too much and clients are not understanding. Some coworkers are wonderful while some are very rude and unprofessional. Company provides little to no training, you are expected to learn on your own by asking questions as you go. You are being watch for everything you do and will only be blamed on for the bad and no compliments for the good.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Low pay, stressful
Great Place
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 10, 2018
Working at Pasternack Tilker you learn A LOT and they train you to be prepared for the work you are going to be doing. Great company, hires people without experience and trains them. I actually love my job but the MICRO MANAGEMENT is out of control. Also, pay is not the best and they DO NOT give raises which sucks.
Pros
Great training, Great opportunities, Flexibility
Cons
Sucky Pay, No Raises, Micro management
fast paced
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 23, 2018
really fast paced job the phones ring out of control the people are nice alot of irate customers and unprossional paralegals it could be better but not the worst
Heavy Workload
Worker's compensation paralegal (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYAugust 23, 2018
I really enjoyed the experience and am extremely grateful for the opportunity, I learned a lot about workers' compensation and employee rights. It is a very stressful environment however and there is very minimal room for growth.
Solemn environment
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 20, 2018
A decent place to work but nothing to brag about. A lot of favoritism and a military like environment. Not too much room for advancement opportunities and a very stressful uncomfortable environment.
Pros
Free coffee & tea
Cons
Cheap heathcare
Working at Pasternack, Tilker , Ziegler , Walsh Stanton and Romano has been completely rewarding
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMay 11, 2018
I have worked at this firm for over 10 years. Not only have I learned from some of the brightest people I have ever met, I feel like I have a rewarding career. Everyday is a challenge , but you are helping clients get their benefits in order to survive. Management pushes you to focus and work hard, but will be there for you the minute you have a problem or need them .
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Heavy case load
Great work environment
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2018
I loved working for this firm. I grew immensely and my co-workers were team players. They are fair and very dedicated to their employees training and knowledge of the business.
This place isn’t all Rainbow And Sunshine
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2018
I would like to first point out that the other reviews focused on positive. I became a negative person because of this place all I have to say. Fair warning.
Pros
Flexibility of hours (at times), staff is kind to one another (non-management)
Cons
Micro-management, way to much work for the pay, clients are abusive and not very understanding.
Positive
Associate Attorney (Current Employee) –  Associate AttorneyAugust 7, 2017
Good place to work.

Relaxed environment.

Minimal micro-management.

Long hours. Large case load. Positive supervisors and co-workers. Good working environment.
needs improvement
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, NYFebruary 8, 2017
I answered phones for the most part and during down time i sorted, scanned, and imported incoming mail and faxes into the corresponding client file then e-mailed it to the appropriate paralegal on file. I learned how to multi-task and prioritize my job responsibilities. Management needs to get in sync with each other because each one told me different rules. I felt that the staff didn't like doing their own job and always asked other co-workers to do it. The hardest part of the job was doubting myself as a good employee. I didn't feel valued because i was never praised. i was only told when i seemed help from my manager. I did however, enjoyed having little celebrations in the office for birthdays.
Pros
occasional free lunches, additional 15 minutes for break on pay day
Cons
no teamwork, no communication, lack of management
Becoming a family
Workers' Compensation paralegal (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2017
The best part of working with PTZWS&R are my coworkers. They became much more than just colleagues. They became family. We always look after one another. My colleagues remind me to take a breather and just laugh. I have learned so much throughout the years with the company, and I actually enjoy helping the claimants. It has its good side, and its bad side. This is an area of law that deals with clientele that is very vulnerable. And so, you need to keep reminding yourself that the claimants are on a tough road. I could go on about the firm, workers compensation, management, but I will not do so. I will stick to the positivity. I am glad that I had the opportunity to work with certain individuals in the firm.
Challenging, Productive, and family oriented.
Litigation Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2014
A typical day at the firm would begin by answering heavy phones while returning messages. I learned how to work with professional and succesful attorneys. I also learne dhow to wear many hats in the firm. My co-workers were excellent we all worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was handling tragic cases with out being too emotional. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything.
Pros
chanllenging cases and holiday parties.
Cons
tragic cases.
Friendly and supportive work environment
Social Security Medical Retrieval Paralegal (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2013
Employees are encouraged to provide the best support to all clients and to the respective attorneys. The environment is friendly and co-workers are always willing to assist each other.