Patelco Credit Union Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Service Represntative
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 31, 2018
As a normal teller at a credit union the environment is more relaxed when compared to major banks. There would be days where a few members would need assistance and others where it would be busy for a few hours. It is a great place for a student to work at while they are in school. There are opportunities to advance within the credit union, but only after you have been there a significant amount of time.
Pros
Sundays off, bonuses, flexible, no sales goals
Cons
n/a
Great Working Environment to Become Part of
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 19, 2018
One of the highlights of my career was collaborating with my teammates and interacting with members. This company is poised for continued growth and always looking for whats best for the member. I truly enjoyed my tenure and I wish every member to succeed financially.
ok
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 17, 2018
not the best...constant "pot lucks" and other wastes of time are sponsored by HR...contests that they often win themselves. ELT keeps layering and consolidating within themselves but no advancement for mid folks
Good Company
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 13, 2018
I was only there for a short time due to company relocation. Also was a temp position. However, I was happy with my role and how I was treated. Management provided lunch at least once a week.
Pros
Good Group of people
Cons
Most are Temp to hire job to start
No Advancement, and top performers were put on the back burner.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  East Bay, CAMarch 16, 2018
there was no sales culture at patelco when I started, not even a culture of good customer service. there was a bit a favoritism. achievers were not rewarded. at some point things changed, and Patelco new management started focusing on sales, at point it became a cut throat place.
I tried to go back office jobs, and I was always denied. I finally got a position much better at another credit union, and left.
management were unfair, and Patelco lost a lot of good employees to other financial institution. Also Patelco paid less than what its peers did.
I worked at the branch level, and I had to wear many hats. That was a good experience which made me successful in all banking jobs I held.
Pros
learn multiple aspect of banking.
Cons
pay, no advancement.
Best Job Ever
Member Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAMarch 1, 2018
I really enjoy working for Patelco. It’s a wonderful place to work your voice is heard and opinions are taken into consideration. The CEO is amazing I’ve never worked anywhere that I’ve been able to meet and speak to the CEO of the company. Like I said wonder place to work and great team to work with.
Pros
Great Team Amazing Communicate
good company
Member Service Rep/Teller (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CA 94534December 6, 2017
members come first. serve members service accounts etc teller trabsactions, route to lobby ans specialist , note complains, issue debit credit cards greet members refer to loan and investment specialists
Pros
good manager
Cons
strict managemnet
Strong Community Oriented Credit Union
DOCUMENT IMAGING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 18, 2017
The workplace environment is much like those of a normal corporate home office. We go to work in our low walled cubicles, which is nice because we can maintain a friendly work environment with our co-workers. In my department we keep constantly busy scanning, indexing, and archiving documents. We also are responsible for maintaining our ATM network. Taking both service calls and scheduling duties for our ATMs.
Career Starter
DMV/Title-Specialist III & Trainer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 2, 2017
If you are new to the industry and want to get experience this is a great place to start. The benefits are great but the pay could be better. Not very many management positions available in the head quarters but tons of openings in the branches.
Dream job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 7, 2017
Excellent management, very good workplace culture, the typical day at work involves enjoying a collaborative work environment with excellent teammates. The excellence starts at the top!
over worked and under staffed
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Bruno, CAAugust 2, 2017
Patelco has some great health benefits and 401K. We're always understaffed. They want us to learn everything and were under paid for all the work we do.
Benefits
Cons
over worked and understaffed
Phone Teller
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Atwater, CAJuly 25, 2017
I really enjoyed this job working on the phone with customers. I also really enjoyed the environment. I worked for the same manager I had at Merco Credit Union. I loved her she was a really great manager.
It has its ups and downs
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 21, 2017
The main reason I am not giving this a great review is because call center work is very bland. Other than that this job is great. It pays well for an entry level position and has great feedback to improve, awesome incentives and employee appreciation. Does not seem to have very quick advancement options though.
Financial workplace, at times strenuous.
Card Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Call Center and Corporate HeadquartersJuly 17, 2017
Financial workplace, at times very strenuous. The workplace culture is member centric. Always being an advocate for a positive member experience with a good turn around to resolution.
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 26, 2017
Patelco treats it's employees really well. The CEO host monthly meetings at the corporate office open to everyone. Patelco is transparent about everything.
Pros
Happy employees, open door policy, great benefits.
Cons
Technology out of date
Mellow work environment
Senior Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAJune 6, 2017
It is a great financial institution if you are looking to start a career in finance. Some branches are a little slower than others and can get a little boring. Work is a little repetitive but that comes with the job of a teller. Hardest part of the job would be the downtime, not a lot of stuff to do in between helping clients. Best part is getting to know the people and helping them with their financial lives.
Regional Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 1, 2017
CEO is amazing, the work is fun and challenging. Benefits are outstanding, Lot of room for advancement. Long hours, low pay. Great staff, amazing members.
Pros
members
Cons
district managers
Good Job to Start Out in Banking
Level 5 Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 19, 2017
Job was great to start out in the Banking industry. Advancement was easy and quick. Management was hit or miss, it really depended on what branch you were at.
Overall good company to work for and get started in the banking industry. I left the company with a lot of good skills I could use going forward.
Place
Member Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, CAApril 14, 2017
Patelco is about helping members and improving their financial lives. Management is very caring and professional. They help employees grow and move up. Work place is safe and respectful and ethics are followed by employees. The most enjoyable of part of the job is having a supportive and respectful team who cares about each other. The hardest part of the job is not having enough employees as needed. So, the rest of the crew have to work harder to fill that gap. Also, when it comes to promotion and raise, the company doesn't pay much., Employees dont get paid enough compare to the hard work they do every day. In general, a great company but not a good place if you want a descent income.
Well-paying parttime job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Pros: Gives great money saving/investment experience. Even if you just work as a teller. Great leadership in the corporate office. Very customer friendly. Great job for students.

Cons: Machines often break down. Middle management could
Use some improvement when it comes to keeping employee morale up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patelco Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight