Patelco Credit Union

Patelco Credit Union Employee Reviews

United States89 reviews
Management was not supportive. They give you false hope of job security. They criticize you for helping your members in any way you can. They criticize you for your call lengths even when you are actually helping your member. Ridiculous
Pros
Coworkers are awesome
Cons
Poor employee support
I was a representative for 8 months I was very happy with my job. The training was great and the co workers were very. I love my sipervisor. I left the job do to a risky pregnancy.
Pros
Hours were good.
Cons
Lots todo in 4 hours
I was a temp worker assignment was 90 days. My direct manager was a spaz so I was okay when assignment ended. If I had a different manager I would like to continue working there.
Pros
Kerig machine with 20 kcups
Cons
Manager was spaz
Company treats everyone equally. They have an amazing tram that trains you and they have constant training. The work environment is great everyone is so friendly.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Working saturdays
Patelco constantly strives to do the best they can for their membership and encourage their team members to go out of their way in order to achieve this goal.
Pros
Discounts on financial services
Cons
Shifting Management Goals
Patelco has an amazing mission statement that i could get behind but they're becoming more corporate in a way that sort of defeats the purpose of it all for me. Good benefits and decent pay with a good work life balance, u never work late hours and get sundays off.
good company to work , work life balance , good culture, good people and new technologies. vendor driven and good learning. I have truly enjoyed my time here
I enjoy helping my members and offer best in class customer service to our members,
I like to handle complex accounts and transactions, transfer wire, cashier check and cash handling. Converse with members to assess their known and unknown needs and identify the appropriate product, solutions and service.
I was a remote workers so these questions are not applicable to me. What I do know is that the people I did work with were professional and very nice.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Patelco Credit Union?
Work environment at Patelco is stressful. It’s hard to take time off. Benefits are good. Members are not happy all time expect to get a lot of very unhappy ones. Work environment are not supportive.
Good company to work for. Job comes with perks such as free meals and other snacks, company events and lots of free t-shirts. Likeability of management varies from branch to branch but overall this is a good company. The CEO cares about employees but HR is a nightmare. Overall I would work there again and would recommend to a friend.
Patelco is stuck in old ways. With formal dress code, the CEO hates jeans. The CEO also will not allow for employees to work from home. Part time employees also don’t receive family benefits, only full time employees receive full family benefits. Live at work or don’t work here. It’s also hard to get promoted so people have to leave for better job opportunities.
Pros
Benefits are affordable
Cons
Dress code, does not allow working from home and part timers don’t receive full benefits.
No room to advance. Specifications on your employment are not listed in the job description. You are hired on through a temp agency and will stay a temporary agent until a new position opens up (rarely). While you are a temp you receive no benefits and are expected to participate in the companies activities but will not receive the “reward” unless you are a permanent agent.
This company is trash. Nothing but politics. Management is a joke. They like to pretend they have your back when they don’t. You’re better off at another credit union or bank. The pay is low for the work flow. They say they’re not sales oriented but they are. Don’t let them fool you. Don’t get me started on HR. They’re even a bigger joke.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Micro management, low pay
It’s a company where you succeed by demoralizing your peers, the upper management teamwork is horrible. From the CEO, the insulting culture starts. It’s all about sales, no family life, and working crazy hours
Typical day, you have all your programs ready and answer account inquiries, transfer funds and take payments. Sometimes you get complicated questions about Trusts and retirement accounts. You just ask for assistance. Everything is timed, so you learn to manage your time. Everything is recorded, so you learn to be professional and stay cool. The most hardest part of the job is dealing with the tension and stress of the demands. When you're unsure of what to do or dont like this type of work it's a lot of pressure. You either push through or you quit. The most enjoyable is events and getting paid consistently.
Pros
Consistent hours, good training
Cons
Stressful, rude old members
You get 5 weeks of training to learn how to handle inbound calls about banking, Federal Regulations and guidelines, and basic customer service. Then you have to take calls and use multiple systems and make sure that you provide excellent customer service in a timely manner (6-8 mins is the expected call length time). The job itself is good, co-workers make it more enjoyable, but the management and the way that guidelines change is ridiculous. The members would be calling in about changes or issues before the representatives knew. Not enough coaching or time to speak about issues with supervisors (only "team meetings" once every 3 weeks on Saturdays), and any coaching was when something was done incorrectly and needed to be changed immediately. There was no room for advancement within the company unless you have been there for years, or if you were friends with someone in another department within the call center.
If you have good customer service skills and you're a go getter to get members to good financial health, this is an excellent place to work. The benefits are excellent but pay needs to improve.
It was obvious that the main focus was on the shareholders and that was refreshing. Many opportunities to learn and advance. I gained valuable experience as well as several life-long friends.
The only great thing about Patelco are the people who work there. Those non-managerial, non executive hard-working workers who never get promoted. The managers barely work half a day if executives aren't around to babysit or keep an eye on them. Managers and VPs are also synonymous with watching tv, surfing the web or sleeping at their desk. If you are a Manager, Director, VP or Executive at Patelco you have it made! CEO says no one can work from home except for the VPs who sometimes don't show up at the office for weeks.

In certain departments it's easy to get time off and that's because the managers are rarely mentally present to object or care. Patelco offers zero opportunities for growth and would rather hire interns and temps then to promote from within. Talent at Patelco is not recognized, valued or promoted. All permanent hard-working non managerial employees should leave so interns, temps, managers and executives can run the company as those are the only people who seem to matter here!
Pros
None!
Cons
No career growth, pay scale is from the dark ages!
The work is not stressful. However, the high turnover makes it very difficult to keep track of who does what and there are many holes in policies and procedures due to one person know their position and then that person leaves and everyone is clueless on a procedure. That is the biggest issue I saw.