Patelco Credit Union

Patelco Credit Union Employee Reviews

Patelco Credit Union insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Great Work Atmosphere

The organization is great and has very strong leadership. They help train and teach you, and help you develop the skills to be excellent at your job. Management is very flexible with schedules and are helpful in supporting and accommodating employees.

Pros

Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules

Deadend stressful job

I worked at Patelco for about 2.5 years and I am extremely disappointed with there leadership and management. Your constantly being coached and cornered about things. Constantly worried about stats rather than the members.

Pros

Potlucks

Cons

Everything just about

Good pay and benefits but you’ll be miserable

Received decent pay and benefits, but I didn’t feel like I was making a difference in anyone’s life, you’re like a robot doing the same thing day by day. And everyone who works there doesn’t want to work there. Not the best environment.

Pros

Pay and Benefits

Cons

Discouraging environment, unfulfilling, same thing every day

okay.

great ceo, lack of management all around. A lot of tenure employees running the show with little to no room for development for those who wish to enter the trade

Productive and positive work environment.

Patelco is a good company to work for overall. Good culture of inclusiveness and excellent benefits. If you thrive in fast paced high stress environments this company is for you!

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Good: learn new things Bad: Management

Getting help can take over 20 min. Call volume is more than 1 hour, not enough, employees. Management keeps you based on their personal preference, not your skills. This makes it hard to secure your place as a regular. The CEO needs to be more involved in how the call center is being run. Don't ask any questions or ask for help, you would become a liability.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

All of the above

A stinky experience

A very unappreciative banking environment! Poor management and poorly trained co-workers lend to a feeling of hopelessness. Not very friendly to aging employees. A very unsatisfactory place to work. Members put your money elsewhere. Will blame employees for anything improper done by members.

Not a good work culture

Management was not supportive. They give you false hope of job security. They criticize you for helping your members in any way you can. They criticize you for your call lengths even when you are actually helping your member. Ridiculous

Pros

Coworkers are awesome

Cons

Poor employee support

Part time job

I was a representative for 8 months I was very happy with my job. The training was great and the co workers were very. I love my sipervisor. I left the job do to a risky pregnancy.

Pros

Hours were good.

Cons

Lots todo in 4 hours

I was a temp worker assignment was 90 days. My direct manager was a spaz so I was okay when assignment ended. If I had a different manager I would like to continue working there.

Pros

Kerig machine with 20 kcups

Cons

Manager was spaz

Great company to work for

Company treats everyone equally. They have an amazing tram that trains you and they have constant training. The work environment is great everyone is so friendly.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Working saturdays

A Growing Company With a Bright Future

Patelco constantly strives to do the best they can for their membership and encourage their team members to go out of their way in order to achieve this goal.

Pros

Discounts on financial services

Cons

Shifting Management Goals

OK work environment, not paid enough

Patelco has an amazing mission statement that i could get behind but they're becoming more corporate in a way that sort of defeats the purpose of it all for me. Good benefits and decent pay with a good work life balance, u never work late hours and get sundays off.

productive, training and learnings

good company to work , work life balance , good culture, good people and new technologies. vendor driven and good learning. I have truly enjoyed my time here

great place to work

I enjoy helping my members and offer best in class customer service to our members, I like to handle complex accounts and transactions, transfer wire, cashier check and cash handling. Converse with members to assess their known and unknown needs and identify the appropriate product, solutions and service.

Not applicable. i was a remote worker.

I was a remote workers so these questions are not applicable to me. What I do know is that the people I did work with were professional and very nice.

Stressful

Work environment at Patelco is stressful. It’s hard to take time off. Benefits are good. Members are not happy all time expect to get a lot of very unhappy ones. Work environment are not supportive.

Overall Good Place to Work.

Good company to work for. Job comes with perks such as free meals and other snacks, company events and lots of free t-shirts. Likeability of management varies from branch to branch but overall this is a good company. The CEO cares about employees but HR is a nightmare. Overall I would work there again and would recommend to a friend.

Stuck in old ways

Patelco is stuck in old ways. With formal dress code, the CEO hates jeans. The CEO also will not allow for employees to work from home. Part time employees also don’t receive family benefits, only full time employees receive full family benefits. Live at work or don’t work here. It’s also hard to get promoted so people have to leave for better job opportunities.

Pros

Benefits are affordable

Cons

Dress code, does not allow working from home and part timers don’t receive full benefits.

Fun workplace but very limited.

No room to advance. Specifications on your employment are not listed in the job description. You are hired on through a temp agency and will stay a temporary agent until a new position opens up (rarely). While you are a temp you receive no benefits and are expected to participate in the companies activities but will not receive the “reward” unless you are a permanent agent.

Steer Clear

This company is trash. Nothing but politics. Management is a joke. They like to pretend they have your back when they don’t. You’re better off at another credit union or bank. The pay is low for the work flow. They say they’re not sales oriented but they are. Don’t let them fool you. Don’t get me started on HR. They’re even a bigger joke.

Pros

Team members

Cons

Micro management, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patelco Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.9Personal Development
4.3Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight