Pathfinder Pediatric Home Care

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment

You learn different job functions

I would love to work here if management was different training is not too good if you ask a question manager feels annoyed they expect you to know everything and not ask questions coworkers are helpful and want to show you no what they have learned mg only thing us management I haven’t taken a break since I started

Pros

One hr lunch

Cons

No breaks Poor management

Toxic Work Environment

If you’re thinking about working here, just don’t. The entire work environment is completely toxic. Management shows unbelievable favoritism. It does not matter how successful you are at your position, if management does not like you personally they will make you miserable. Professionalism is not a word in their working vocabulary. The pay is absolutely awful in comparison to the amount of work you are given. In the interview, the director will speak about room for advancement and quarterly bonuses, which both are complete lies. There is absolutely no room for advancement whatsoever. Majority of the employees are unhappy there but have stayed strictly as a matter of convenience. The turnover rate is completely out of this world. Workplace drama and pettiness is unimaginable. As I stated previously, if you’re thinking about working here, just don’t.

Pros

Nothing at all.

Cons

Everything.

Terrible management with a toxic work environment

Managers/leadership are often unavailable. Very little appreciation for hard working employees. A lot of gossip and unnecessary/false rumors and accusations are spread around the office. Very poor communication on updates or changes in daily tasks. Employees are expected to act and dress professional but management does not provide a good example of this. There are no performance reviews or any opportunities for advancement. Any ideas you have on how to improve work flow or work environment will be shut down. In this position you are expected to take on two jobs when the receptionist is absent with no assistance from your manager. Compensation does not match the heavy work load thrown at you. Training is very poor and you are expected to know everything after three days of being thrown out on your own. Asking questions is more of an annoyance than anything.

Pros

Flexible hours, benefits

Cons

Management, no growth opportunities

Flexible hours doing meaningful, fulfilling work

I enjoy my work and is very fulfilling. Coworkers in the field are encouraging, helpful and conscientious. Office staff has a lot of turnover which causes continuity of practices and knowledge of job such to suffer. Overall a good place to work.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Support staff turnover

Selective Inclusion

The job is rewarding as to the people we serve, but we are not compensated fairly for what we do. Turnover is high, due to lack of recognition and in some case micro-management. Pathfinder actively fights for the rights of children with special needs. This is what makes it a rewarding company for which to work.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Great Opportunity

A lot of encouragement from management and they are willing to teach and answer questions. I feel pushed and empowered. I'm learning and look forward to working with them.

They really let me down

I loved working for this company—at first. I soon realized that the administration is two faced and just care about money. They don’t care about their employees or their patients. Gossip is ridiculous. Pay was terrible. They hire you on full time, then take away the status if you don’t have enough visits per week even when it’s not your fault! cancel

Pros

Families of patients were amazing

Cons

Everything else was terrible

Poor Management

Poor Management skills High turnover employee ratio - ask as you go training - management plays favoritism in the office - Poor employee satisfaction

Okay work place

It was alright, management not the greatest. Learned a lot about insurance. Management worried more about making money than anything else. The direct manager wants to be in on the gossip, and things can get very petty. Huge turnover rate.

Fast paced, Fulfilling work place

They are fast paced with a lot of patients to be helped. Gives you a sense of job security. The owners/management really care about providing services to those in need. There's a lot of support from the office staff for all that needs to be done for the therapist.

A great place to work

I liked working here. You can choose flexible hours. The staff is very supportive. Good work environment. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a homecare job.

Not recommended

Management doesn't listen to employees needs , or professional opinions. Since it is privately owned they have their own rules and don't respect their employees as evidenced by how many people they fire, on impulse.

Company has no competent management

Seems like a company for people to go to when they have no managerial experience and have no where else to get it. I had such high hopes for this company, but I was greatly let down. If you work here you will work for managers and/or directors that have no idea how to work in those roles. Great for them to get the experience they need, but terrible for you if you ever need even the slightest bit of guidance. Unless you’re 60+ and just milking the system for a few more bucks, I suggest not working for this company. They value money not you or your patients.

Pros

Paycheck

Cons

Terrible leadership and support

Horrible management!!!!

I absolutely have no words for the company other than I stayed four years too long. Have husband and kiddos so was afraid to put in two weeks notice and be without a job due to such poor management that I was sure would have let me go on principle immediately.

Pros

Vacation pay

Cons

Horrible work environment, management and two people’s worth of work expected out of you for, barely, one persons pay!!

Very poorly managed and no consideration for employee stress and workload.

Not a place for anyone trying to work for a company that cares about you as an employee, allows for career advancement or furthering education opportunities.

Pros

Cons

management

Would not recommend a position at this company on any level

Great place to work if your only focus is work, poor ethics don't bother you, and you know how to manipulate the management to pay you more than your peers. Management is completely driven by money, and only 'care' about their therapists, staff and patients within that context. Management skills are poor at best, with an extremely high staff turn over on all levels.

benefits

Cons

horrible management, poor work environment, highly unethical practices

Great learning environment

The knowledge that I gained from working here as a student was extremely helpful in school and as developing myself into a professional within this profession.

Productive and Friendly Environment.

This is a home health environment. It is very flexible and I got to work with kids on a daily in their home/daycare/head start environment. The hardest part of the job is driving around and keeping a set schedule, due to unexpected cancellations from the parents.

Pros

Making our own schedules

Cons

Not having 40 hours guaranteed

stressfull job

Very stress full position, long driving area no raise after a year. Multi job titles under on title. No advancement opportunity.

A Great Company

This company seems to truly take an interest in the well being of their patient's. When I started with this company, they were in the process of growing VERY quickly. This company seemed to handle this challenge very well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pathfinder Pediatric Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5