Pathfinder Employee Reviews

Excellent vision for creating future success
Manager (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCApril 24, 2018
Important work, with tangible results.Talented and concerned employees making a difference in the future lives of veterans. I began this job without any formal education; since, I have completed both my Bachelor and Master's Degrees.
Pros
Work enviroment
Cons
Advancement
An interesting and challenging work environment. Great people.
Partner/Owner (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 8, 2018
A terrific problem solving environment working for Fortune 500 clients. Fun travel and client relationships make up for the long hours and detailed client deliverables.
A Roller Coaster
Project Management and Project Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 30, 2018
The work varies from a slow paced environment to a very quick paced one sporadically. It depends entirely on how much work we get. When it is fast paced, everyone is desperate to get assistance to meet deadlines.
Pros
Reimbursed Travel
Cons
Long work hours
Directional Driller (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 7, 2018
Pathfinder is a great place to work. The office lets you do your job and doesn't interfere. The coordinators were professional and helpful. would love to work for them again. the only reason I left was because of slowdown.
Pros
great people
Cons
n/a
good place to work at
SEISMIC SURVEYOR (Former Employee) –  Spring, TX 77379December 7, 2017
it is a good place to work at if you are responsible. i would recommend for persons that have a girl friend or family to try something else. for the most part you are out of town . you work 6 weeks and get one off.
Pros
good pay
Cons
time away from home
Great Experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJNovember 6, 2017
A good company to start a career at. A people oriented company that prides itself on their community involvement. Good management and thorough training.
excellant clinicians
Staff Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXOctober 27, 2017
A good agency with excellent clinicians and office staff. Clinical staff very caring for their patients and go above and beyond. Upper management apparently made some bad decisions that have resulted in closing the local office due to having to return reimbursement to third party payors. Patients, families, and referral sources are going to miss this agency.
Was awesome place
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Best place you could ever work. There was a spot for everyone. excellent training. Understanding administration. Good enough for the lifers an welcoming to the new comers.
Pros
it was pathfinder
Cons
it became schlumberger
Pathfinder/A Schlumberger Co.
Department Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 13, 2017
I truly enjoyed my 8 years working for Pathfinder/A Schlumberger Co.
I learned so much and the experience I received while working there was amazing. I worked with such marvelous folks. Productive environment . The oil & gas a very fascinating job people oriented,
Not a good work place to much confusion with current workers
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARMay 23, 2017
Never knew what or where you would work
Ethat mployees very unfriendly
Management was all family
Very rude to the children and adults that were being transported
Productive and fun
Mission Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 27, 2017
Volunteer experience in which I learned Alot. Environment where positivity is prominent. The staff of volunteers were veyr efficient in their mission statement and was happy, which rubbed off on me.
Commercial electronics (Oil field exploration
Sr. PCB Designer Commercial (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2017
working as a librarian, and designing multi-layer, high-density printed circuit boards using SMT and mixed technology, up to 6layer, with complex routing requirements , fine pitch microprocessors QFP, PLCC with gull-wing and J-leads.
great company that no longer exists.
MWD Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 16, 2016
Not sure why i am being forced to write a review of a company that no longer exists and then being required to write a non existent company review with 150 character minimum. Not very useful.
Productive in Substance Abuse Recovery
Supervisor Madge (Former Employee) –  Castalian Springs, TN 37031May 16, 2016
Enjoyed the team work that came together to assist the individuals seeking treatment. I felt I was a team member and worked well with my team members.
Making a Difference.
Art Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARApril 11, 2016
I worked with 200 individuals a day. My work as a Program Skills Instructor was rewarding. example: To see a individual accomplish their goals was rewarding to me. Patience and understanding are a virtue in this field of work. My passion, skills and experience make a positive difference in their lives. Makes my work meaningful energizing and building relationships. Has a Team player with my co-workers we were able to make a difference in the individual's life.
Pros
Meaningful. Respect, Trust
Cons
challenging
Office setting, out lying offices, workshops, homes, apartments, etc.
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARApril 11, 2016
It is an organization that works with individuals from birth through adult-hood with special needs. It can be rewarding and flustrating as well. I do not personally work hands on with the individuals being in HR and training, but do see the hardships that arise with the programs as with any programs that are effected with budget cuts. We have great programs, and some really great people, at times we hit the bottom as people also get flustered with pay and fighting the red tape, but without this company and those who put their hearts before their pay-checks so many individuals would not have the love, homes, and hope as many do now and excel where if not had the opportunity would never amount or think they amount to anything. I worked for the Veterans Administration, and the same thing with the budget cuts, we recruit them, send them to fight for our country, promise them the world and then pull the carpet out from under them when are no more use to us. This is only how I think most of our Veterans and individuals with disabilities feel and fight for everyday, to feel productive and important. Our Nation should work just as hard for those whose who have served us with Freedom, and those who want to serve if just with a smile, we so judge a book by its cover.
Pros
Variety of positions, full and part-time.
Cons
Some benefits, but not good affordable health plans, leave plans.
good place to get a start.
Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 10, 2016
in the last 13 yrs. the company has grown. but the management has not. they need to work on there inner personal.there headed in right direction.
Productive and high responsibilty
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARFebruary 17, 2016
The mission of Pathfinder is what I appreciate the most, It promotes the ability for person who have Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities the opportunity to obtain some type of independence. While they live here they are learning how to do daily life skills, and one day may be able to live a productive life on their own. My typical day at work is to make sure all IPP's are complete, and state and federal paperwork is completed. Pay any outstanding bills our residents may obtain from doctor visits. Make sure all state and HUD regulations are rendered within files and the facility. The most enjoyable part of the job is the residents that have these disabilities. You began to love them as family and they began to as well. I work with very limited supervision. I also work along side a house manager and we have to communicate in order to keep the facility running in compliance, which we have done for over several years. The hardest part of the job is being the best role model for our residents, while maintaining your job responsibilities and a good rapport with your superior.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
minimal job advancement
Great learning environment for an up and coming worker
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 3, 2016
My experience in two summers at Pathfinder were very valuable towards my future. I had the pleasure of working with very friendly co-workers, learning first hand how to properly communicate with professionals, and gain incite to different online programs. The most enjoyable part of the job was doing research in different fields and learning about all of the decisions and factors that go in to making these types of project management decisions. The hardest part of the job was on occasion there were some slow work days where I was left trying to find something productive to do.
Pros
Friendly workers, reasonable driving distance, great learning experience
Cons
Occasionally slow work days
Loved the career.
QDDP/Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INJanuary 11, 2016
Worked at Pathfinder Services for 27 years. Enjoyed working with clients with intellectual and physical disabilities. Worked mostly out of a central office and traveled to another county directly supervise staff and monitor client progress. My supervisor taught all office staff how to operate computers including Office, Lotus and Citrix. Wrote behavior programs, goals, monitored client progress. In charge of and attended all meetings then wrote up resulting reports. Responsible to address any ISDH, BQIS or CMS concerns through surveys. The 2 group homes I was responsible for had 7 straight years of citation free surveys. This was due to the incredible work of the Residential Managers and the direct support professionals.