PathGroup
59Below average

PathGroup Pay & Benefits reviews

United States118 reviews
The biggest issue is they way under pay, and give very few if any raises. I have been with the lab 3 1/2 years no write ups, or discipline and only got a 40 cent raise in 3 1/2 years. Almost a slap in the face. They will have a real issue when minimum wage goes up in a lot of states.
Cons
Low pay
The real problem with Pathgroup is the very low wages and the medical deductible is EXTREMELY high! And to add insult to injury, the deductible is crazy high, it's out of state for Georgians, and the insurance doesn't even cover preventative surgery. Local management is very supportive and so are my colleagues but, that just doesn't cut it.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Horrible pay and benefits!
If you just want to get your foot in the door and have job security in the laboratory, this is the place to be. Volumes are high and constantly growing. If you do just enough to get by, you're going to be paid the same as the most productive employees as there are no production bonuses and raises are meager. Health insurance plans are expensive and provide poor coverage (high deductible, then 70/30). Despite massive growth, there's limited advancement, so if you're productive and ambitious, look elsewhere.
My experience at PATHGROUP has been great! The pay is fair, the work environment is great and they are growing exponentially as a company! Regular raises and great benefits also.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great job ok benefits. Only thing you are inside an doctor office or where ever they place you. The job is easy most of all. Management can be very helpful to you.
NO time off. No Communication. Extr high job turn over in every dept. They use scare tactics & will write you up for anything. No incentives. Low pay.
I have worked with PathGroup for 3 years. The pay is good, could be much better for all of the work required on one person. You better start at a good rate, because you don’t get good raises. Hard to get coverage when you need off. You need to put in way in advance to get approved, an even then, it is very difficult.
Very productive company with great benefits, friendly and knowledgable staff, gain lots of experience with this company. Very understandable people when life events happen.
No trust within management. Very low salary. Be careful and don't settle. Promises not kept. Stand your gounds on your salary. Poor benefits. No extras
Initially you think this is a great job, until you realize just how poorly they communicate and allow other employees to make a toxic environment. Low pay based on experience and unfair holiday hour pay structure
Nice company. Down to earth. Laid back. Pay scale is low . Insurance is horriable. No perks to the company. I would like to have more benefits of a company.
Overall the company is a good company to work for. Good benefits, good learning opportunities. Always make sure you know exactly how to do your job. Make sure everything is up to date.
I as an employee process pap smears and body fluids. I process human fluids using centrifuges and pap smear machines. It can be somewhat stressful due specimens not arriving on time.
Pros
Great environment and balance ofwork and family
Cons
Specimens arriving late and amount of raises not that great.t
I have been an employee for 8 years. It’s a okay place to work. Management tend to micro-manage at times. Pay is good. Hard to get time off if you work in the Phlebotomy Department.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Work/Life balance cab e a challenge at times.
My #1 complaint is lack of advancement opportunity for people without degrees and compensation. They do offer vacation days, sick days, and health benefits. They are stuck in their ways and alot ot their methods for logistics are outdated. The lower management is not the best and they do not value their employees. I left for s better opportunity. If you are looking for a 40hr a week job with some overtime in a physically demanding fast paced environment that pays decent and has benefits, this is for you!
The only negative thing I can say about PathGroup is the benefits aren't that great. We have BCBS TN and a really high deductible. Management is great. I get along really well with my supervisor. She is caring and fair. I feel like she listens to us and is always available for questions. She's probably the best supervisor I ever had.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Insurance
I have only been with the company for 5 months, but I’m completely happy. Management is great and always happy to help. Everyone you talk to makes you feel as though they genuinely care about the company, patients, physicians and the employees.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Insurance
Good pay, really unpleasant people to work with. I don't know what else to say. The pay is good. I just decided I no longer wanted to work at this company.
Pros
pay, health benefits
Cons
Stress
Good place to work and offer great benefits. Management is fair and there is no micro management.The working hours are a plus along with not having to work weekends.
Our Director of Phlebotomy should be reviewed on his unprofessional behavior and his work ethics. He is not trust worthy, nor is he a Leader, that I would want managing employees and working for my company.
Benefits
Cons
Leadership
Overall, I was disappointed with the time I spent with this company. There was a lack of competent leadership in management. Management could also be cold and discouraging towards employees. The culture there was boring and antiquated. The hardest part of the job was the favoritism and blatant disrespect towards me and other coworkers. I feel as if I was treated unfairly and retaliated against. The most enjoyable part of the job was the paycheck.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Expensive benefits, Lack of progressive culture, Poor management