Pathmark Employee Reviews

Found 1,026 reviews matching the search See all 1,028 reviews
Good place to work with benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Rockaway, NYSeptember 20, 2018
Pathmark was the best job I've ever had. It meant alot for me to work there. I made a big name for myself because of all the respect I develop working with my co-workers and customers,we were union as well soo they helped our co-workers who got hurt or sick. It was like a home to me
Pros
Union they covered us were we needed medical help
Cons
Put you around the clock
Great entry level positions
Cashier/ Maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 20, 2018
Gainful employment. takes a while to advance there but if you have the time and dedication its not a bad place to stay. Flexible shifts. Understanding management.
Pros
hour lunch breaks
Cons
not many
bad job
Retail Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2018
Underlying racial tension in the heart of south philly. There's always an air of disgust between employees and employers alike. The departments were very close-knit and competitive with one another.
Pros
Food discounts for employees
Cons
no advancement
Great
Deli Clerk-Dish washing (Porter) prepping skills (Former Employee) –  Queens Village, NYSeptember 18, 2018
Would love to work back with Pathmark, love the customers, enjoyed working with the people, also doing my job completing my task on time,and also training other employees.
Pros
No free, lunch, just discounts
Cons
15 minute breaks two, I half hour lunch
Deli Section at Pathmark
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Belleville, NJSeptember 18, 2018
The work environment was fast and friendly. It's a great place to work if you're in school or need a second job to balance your income and the hours are flexible.
It was ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 17, 2018
Don't really remember to much it was a part time job at a grocery store. Part was on and the work want difficult. They hired me m quickly and I worked there for about a year
fun and busy work environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ozone Park, NYSeptember 15, 2018
A typical day at work would be fast paced and customer service based. I learned to work as a team as well as take criticism from co workers. The management was excellent and always ready to assist. Our work place culture was always friendly and busy. In the deli there were many tasks and you had to learn how to work fast. I never met a friendlier bunch of coworkers.
Not bad
Produce Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Islip, NY 11751September 13, 2018
The hardest part of the job was breaking down the load which came 4 times a week. If you couldn't lift much this wasn't the job for you. For the most part the employees got along
pathmark cashier/customer service clerk
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kinnelon, NJSeptember 9, 2018
I started working for Pathmark when I was 15 years old to begin gaining professional experience. I enjoyed working the customer service desk the most.
Good fast paste job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 4, 2018
I really liked working for pathmark. It wasn’t to far from my house I wanted full time but people who were there longer got first choice. I knew everybody but I had a stillborn and went into depression.
Pros
Very intact
Cons
You have to be able to multi task
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 27, 2018
Pathmark was a fun place to work. The hours were flexible. and when I started a medical job they allowed me to work there by giving me hours that worked.
I still am friends with some of my co-workers but since the company went out of business and we moved, seeing them is harder and harder.
I left on good term with the company. But it is a shame they went out of business!
Pros
flexible hours. easy commute
Cons
stressful. fast paced.
Pathmark employies were like my second family. We all worked together to achieve our goal.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Ozone Park, NYAugust 27, 2018
Every day was different when you walked in .I was in charge of a crew of approximately 20 to 25 people. My day would start around 7am and end around 3:30pm, some days later. Some of my daily activities would include customer service, ordering, supervising, cleaning, food safety, scheduling, budgeting, keeping the sales floor full and neat, sales planning, receiving and processing a delivery, billing and accountability for the money spent at the end of the month. Best part of my job was helping my customers.
Pros
Very fast paced
easy work place
clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 26, 2018
i worked for pathmark for a few months it was ok, i was a stocker a cleaner and a cashier i did like it there cause i was around food lol, i would stock the merchindise in the freezer for the team leader and then clean the store by sweeping up trash and mopping up spills
Pros
i always got to buy lunch
Cons
low pay
professional
Receiver/Unloader/ plain close security (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 25, 2018
professional work environment equal opportunity employee help each other management always there to answer a question receiving area always clean relaxed feeling
Fun
Deli Worker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2018
Working at pathmark allowed me to do different jobs from cashier to cleaning etc. I became a front end supervisor and was giving the responsibility to assign cashiers to station and make sure money was correct in cash registers. Also I had to assist cashiers with customers disputes.
Pathmark
Clean Associate break and lunch areas (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 21, 2018
Working for Pathmark was a true learning experience, friendly working atmosphere. There was always room for growth and diversity. I would strongly recommend working in a large grocery store.
Great experience
Staff RPh (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 19, 2018
A good experience that gave me the confidence to deal with any situation. I can comfortably handle any situation that arises... I am great at diffusing problems between patients, employees, and management..
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
No techs or cashiers for work load
Not enjoyable
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 18, 2018
Working here wasnt a great choice limited hours expected to do everyones job for not enough pay. The only good part about this job was my coworkers iv made some really great bonds but aside from that it was terrible.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough hours, no advancement, poor management
Fun job
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 11, 2018
Pathnark went under and now are Acme stores.

I left right before the company went under.

I was a grocery manager I did the displays and the orders.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Pathmark is out of business.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Edgewater Park, NJAugust 10, 2018
All Pathmark stores are permanently closed down. This is because the parent company, The Great Atlantic And Pacific Tea Company liquidated all Pathmark assets before it went into bankruptcy itself.