Pathway Mortgage Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

I never worked there
Closing and Pre-Closing Manager and Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 11, 2019
I never worked there. Not sure why I have to answer this. I never worked at pathway mortgage. I don't know what else to put here. Not even sure why this is required.
Good benefits
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 10, 2019
Benefits are good and decent priced. Decent set of software. They do provide concierge assistance after you get hired. My local manager was a great guy but promoted his family members and friends before others.
Great Place
Senior Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaApril 16, 2019
Most management is great to work with. Every team is different from the next. But over all a great place to work, I would highly recommend it, culture is something other companies should learn from.

Comment – April 17, 2019

Thank you for your review! We are glad you are benefiting from our unique culture and are spreading the word! We appreciate you - keep up the good work!

Work place /Culture
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaApril 13, 2019
It started out being a great place to work but then the culture changed, it seem like they didn't care as much about the people and showed favoritism. There were two big layoffs in 2018 and I was in the second one in October 2018. I think they over projected what they were going to bring for the year and they had to cut back. So there were several people affected by it. But that's business you have to step out on faith to see if things work and that's life and that's business.
Pros
Free breakfast every Friday
Cons
Need to pay more

Comment – April 15, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. 2018 brought a difficult market to navigate and we unfortunately had to make some tough decisions and say good-bye to some valuable team members. We have learned some valuable lessons that we intend to apply moving forward. We appreciate your time with us and wish you the best in the future.

Good company fot the right people
LOAN TRANSACTION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAApril 5, 2019
I enjoyed working at Movement Mortgage, but recent benefits changes and lay offs made the working environment stressful and unpleasant. I did greatly appreciate my loan processing team and cultivated amazing and professional friendships.

Company does provide amazing support program called "Love Works" to employees in financial need. That was one of the great things working for the company.
Pros
Amazing operations team
Cons
No job advancement opportunities, horrible commute

Comment – April 8, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Navigating a challenging market in 2018 made it a difficult year for everyone in the industry. While we had to make some tough business decisions, we are confident those decisions will allow us to successfully move forward in 2019. Good luck to you in your next step.

Average work place, pay is low
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 4, 2019
Company is not what it claims to be. Company had a lot of lay offs and those affected are the ones that helped the company succeed from the beginning.

Comment – April 8, 2019

Thank you for your review. We had to make some difficult business decisions last year and were sorry to say good-bye to some of our team members. We are hopeful that those decisions will result in a successful 2019. We suggest that you reach out to your direct supervisor if you have more specific concerns that we can address. Thank you for all that you do.

Wonderful company to work for
Post-Closing QC Reverification Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indian Land, SCMarch 31, 2019
I loved working at Movement Mortgage. The companywide layoffs were disappointing since they promised job stability when I was hired. I feel they promoted the company falsely when they couldn't afford to keep so many people
Pros
$10 per month to spend in the onsite cafe
Cons
no stability

Comment – April 1, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We had to make some difficult business decisions last fall and were sorry to say good-bye to some of our team members. We wish you the best in your next step!

Laid off
Closer/Funder (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 25, 2019
I was hired in March of 2018 and was told in my interview that the company didn't lay-off employees. Then in Oct 2018 I was laid off. If I had knew they only hired me to help out with their loans for the summer I would have accepted another offer I had in March. MoveMement Mortgage is a bunch of Crooks & Liars. Do not go to this company they will work to death and then lay you off.
Pros
Cons
High culture of Nepotism

Comment – March 26, 2019

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, difficult business decisions had to be made over the past year to navigate a tumultuous marketplace and we were forced to let go of a number of our valuable teammates. We are sorry you felt misled - that was never our intention - and wish you the best in the future.

Work from home
Underwriter III (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 18, 2019
Typical day consist of managing pipeline and prioritizing loans for funding. Income calculation including paystubs, W2's personal and business returns, review of credit and asset statements. training and assisting loan processors and loan officers on loan programs and income guidelines.
Pros
Ability to prioritize workload and work independent of management
Cons
constant disruptions from processors and loan officers

Comment – March 20, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you and your contributions to Movement!

The manager stole your leads and never kept his word
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 18, 2019
The manager was not helpful and only cared about himself / He would assign you a task and then take it away! He was not truthful in his actions or words towards his employees
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Comment – March 20, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are sorry you did not have a positive experience while at Movement. Good luck in the future!

Movement
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indian Land, SCMarch 18, 2019
This company started out to be the best workplace but in the last few years have really gone down they have laid off most of their workers and I feel they do not follow their mission statement.

Comment – March 20, 2019

Thank you for your review. We had to make some difficult business decisions while navigating a tough market but are committed to loving and valuing our employees as we move forward! Good luck in the future.

Lies From Beginning to End
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 13, 2019
Upper management is full of Good Ol Boys and Fake Plastics. They want you to be social but reprimand you for doing so. They laid off the hardest workers but keep the slackers because they arent paid as much. They lie on social media about how much they care, but do the complete opposite to their employees. I personally never had any issues, never written up, came in and produced and gave my all. Planned to be with the company until retirement, but did they care.....No ! In the end I was just a number to be discarded away to save pennys for the one percenters !!
Direct management didn't have our backs because they were trying to save their own backs.
This is a sinking ship per associates in Compliance and will end up becoming another Equifirst.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Was not a career.

Comment – March 15, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry your experience was not what you had hoped. While we recently had to make some difficult business decisions in a changing market, we are committed to loving and developing all of our employees and wish to provide the best opportunities for personal and professional growth for everyone. Best of luck in your next step.

Mentoring atomsphere
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMarch 11, 2019
Great place to begin your career. They take on people from diverse backgrounds and experiences and train from within. Experienced staff have the opportunity to mentor and assist new processors. closers, underwriters etc.

Mobility is there , but not always obtainable. Management works hard at mentoring staff and even distribution of work load. Benefits and bonus program are in line with other large mortgage companies

I would the opportunity to return

Comment – March 13, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad your experience with Movement was a positive one and appreciate your time with us. Good luck in the future - maybe our paths will cross again!

Inexperienced Staff, Managment inconsistent often non existent
Sales (Former Employee) –  SoutheastFebruary 25, 2019
I worked for this company over 4 years. Success is who you know, not what you know. Favoritism rampant, compensation is structured to reward blind incompetent staff who are under trained, under paid and under managed. Sales staff are choked off from self generated lead sources at a whim.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.

Comment – February 27, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We make every effort to love and value each of our employees and are committed to developing each employee, both personally and professionally. We are sorry you did not feel your experience at Movement was a positive one. Best of luck in the future.

My area needs a good manager
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  western USFebruary 19, 2019
On the average, Movement is a good company. The Production team is either GREAT or fair at best. The great ones....cannot be replaced.

Benefits are good, no issues there.

Local management is a mess. Cannot keep LO's to save their soul. Everyone leaves for the same reason. Lousy managers. Regional is aware. They have been trying to replace for months.

I finally had to leave. And I am sorry about that, The religious part..I ignore it. I am religious but in your face is not my style. The biggest example of that was the 20 minute religious preaching form the CEO at the Christmas party. Thought it was odd.
Pros
We got nothing free. Benefits were very good
Cons
management

Comment – February 20, 2019

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. We have been focusing on development of our leaders at all levels and will continue to do so to better serve our employees and, ultimately, our borrowers. We are sorry to hear that our culture was not the best fit for you. Good luck in your next step.

nice company
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  latham nyFebruary 14, 2019
My day would start with scrubbing loans, some purchases some refinances, a verity of loans. I would review all documents such as income, assets, contracts, credit send out the Consumer Explanation Letter to be filled in. I make sure that the loan is ready to proceed I calculate income; and review assets and submit the file to DU or LP for an approval.
I write a client a welcome letter introducing myself and letting them know what is missing. I like to give an explanation of what I am asking this way it will make sense to the client. I follow up by Email and by a phone call a day later. Once the items needed provided, I submit the loan into the System as Live or a TBD.
Once a contract is provided, I send the Bank Attorney the Fee Sheet so I can fill in the fees in the system, I re run the DU/LP with the subject property and the updates. Next I request the Initial Disclosures. I email the client with a reminder to look for the disclosures, once signed I order the Appraisal.
I Email the client to shop for their Home Owners Insurance and to give me the agent’s contact so I can call them and give them the mortgagee clause and if they may have any questions I can help with.
Once the Commitment arrives, I sent it out to all parties and I request for the title.
I go over the commitment one on one with my clients, once all conditions received I upload into the system and update my OneNote. I enter a date next to underwriter to review and clear, once cleared an email is sent out to all parties, I do my 10 day verbal VOE and file is sent to closing.
I set up a pipeline meeting
  more... with my Loan Officer twice a week so we are both on the same page. And I update the One Note every day so this way my Ops Manager is up to date.  less

Comment – February 18, 2019

Thank you for your review. We trust that you enjoyed your time at Movement and wish you luck in your next step!

Bait and switch, workplace discrimination
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 12, 2019
They boast "Christian" culture but their behavior and business falls under cult-like culture. Employees who separated work and religion or who were atheist were shunned.

Loan officers were allowed insult and swear at operations and sales employees in a aggressive manor, without any repercussion. Alcohol was consumed in the office daily, clients were offered different interest rates and fees based on their socioeconomic status.
Pros
Free parking and nice business office
Cons
Abusive sales employees, managers and corporate looked the other direction as they were fully ware of the abuse towards staff

Comment – February 12, 2019

Thank you for your review. Movement is dedicated to providing a positive and inclusive work environment in which all employees feel loved and valued. We are sorry to hear that you felt your work environment was not to your liking. We wish you had raised these issues to a manager while still with us so we could work together to improve your experience. Regardless, we will keep your comments in mind as we always strive to improve our employee experience. Best of luck to you!

Poorly Managed
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 9, 2019
The office was lovely, and had a great staff kitchen which was always stocked with complimentary refreshments. The manager paid for everyone’s lunch on Fridays, which was nice. Generally everyone took a walk together after lunch, to get some fresh air, stretch our legs and socialize. What I didn’t like is that I was given specific instructions & expectations of me at the beginning (like dress code, for example), but my manager’s ideas abruptly changed, leaving me embarrassed and humiliated in front of my coworkers after she sent me home due to my attire. I was wearing grey yoga pants, a colorful non-offensive printed t-shirt and canvas TOMS brand shoes. I didn’t work directly with clients, and was at the back of the house, out of sight of clients that did come to the office. A manager from a different company spotted me in the staff kitchen, didn’t like what I was wearing & convinced my manager to send me home. I was so embarrassed that I never went back. It was handled distastefully & at only $9/hr, I didn’t exactly have the money for an entirely new wardrobe to fit the sudden & unexpected dress code expectation. Also, I was hired as a marketing assistant, but marketing only made up roughly 15% of my job. The majority of the time, I was a data entry clerk & it was terribly boring and not at all what I was originally hired for.
Pros
Free lunch Fridays, Great Staff Kitchen
Cons
Inconsistency, low wages, judgmental manager

Comment – February 12, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry you did not find job satisfaction at Movement. Perhaps a conversation with your manager could have improved your situation. Nevertheless, we appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and wish you the best in the future.

Excellent workplace culture
Builder Account Leader (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 5, 2019
Training is AAA+
Culture is amazing

The coaching staff is phenomenal for managers/sales
Builder Regional manager fabulous to work with

No assigned formal Regions
ML work against each other recruiting in the same marketplace

Loved the company, was disappointed they downsized our new builder division.

Comment – February 6, 2019

We appreciate your feedback and glad you benefited from our culture, training, and coaching during your time with us. Good luck to you in the future!

Working at the sales center was great!
LOAN OFFICER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 4, 2019
Great company culture

I enjoyed the sales center but a sales office got way to lonely - not my temperament.

The culture is by far the best thing about Movement. However, not everyone who is hired fits the culture, so keeping the culture will prove difficult if they are not careful.
Pros
great culture
Cons
Not everyone is on board with mission, Which would indicate that sales are more important than quality of one's character, If you are privileged to be an employee, then you represent your company, good or bad.

Comment – February 5, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. As you mentioned, culture is very important to us and continuing to instill that culture as we grow and improve is always a top priority. Good luck to you in the future!