Pathway Senior Living Employee Reviews

caregiver
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 15, 2018
dressed changed bathe med reminders transporter to the wellness o. tffice the meals helped served and cleaned the dining room.I learned employment at those places was a revolving door no job security. the most enjoyable time was recognition from the management and recieved awards.
Pros
lunches
Cons
health benefits
Decent atmosphere.
Not listing. (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 5, 2018
I wouldn't not recommend Pathways.

It's a stressful place, but then again, I've never worked somewhere that isn't stressful. I've only been here four months and the place has changed multiple times.

I like most of the managers, they're all trying to make it a better place to live for the residents and a better place to work. And to be completely honest, there is just a lot of drama going around everywhere.

The trouble, most times, comes from people not wanting to work. I can't give any examples other than housekeeping lately has been pretty much forced to take up culinary hosting because a lot of the people do not want to work. It forces more work stress on others.

If you're the type of person that isn't going to flake out and doesn't mind getting dirty, then I'd recommend Pathways.

But if you are the type of person who doesn't like to work and thinks of the place as a check, then don't apply. You're going to waste not only your time and energy, but everyone else's time and energy.
Pros
Decent atmosphere.
Cons
People calling in a lot, people not wanting to work.
They love residents and VIVA!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicagoland, ILJune 7, 2018
I love the company's VIVA! program. The things the residents get to do is fabulous and I'm allowed to spend time making the residents happy. ! I've worked for different senior living companies and this one invests so much money in programs for the residents. Any 24/7 operation is tough and a lot of people don't have good work ethics and that's not the fault of a company. There lots of ways for staff to make extra money and even offer tuition reimbursement. I work hard, but everyone is friendly and we all celebrate the residents together. Pathway is constantly making improvements for the residents and they offer a lot of training for all staff, which I really like.
Pros
Training, activities for residents, managers are friendly
Cons
co-workers calling in sick
Difficult to meet expectations
Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 4, 2018
Lofty goals without structure to guide the team. In a hurry to expand the company which leaves existing teams struggling. Expect all communities to "fit" the Chicago culture in spite of drastic city/country differences. Looking for leaders who don't ask why or how. Preach passion and employee attention on community level but do not practice what they preach on regional level.
Pros
Excellent resident philosophy of providing purpose.
Cons
Ideas are presented without structure, community leadership supposed to roll out the ideas w/o plan to carry out, regional support is not supportive
Horrible management
Cook (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNMarch 26, 2018
My boss was extremely unprofessional, he always late never ordered the right items or enough products. Sanitation was poor and was not being followed.
Food was never out on time.
Growing company
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Roseland, ILMarch 6, 2018
Growing organization. However, pay is low for the work and offers limited opportunities for internal growth. Executive leadership are all personal friends
decent place to work i guess
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Country Club Hills, ILJanuary 18, 2018
co workers complain more then the residents instead of working as a team they blame others especially the cook the kitchen manger works the schedule poorly they fired me because i had too many sick days but i was actually sick provided a doctors note but they did not care
not the greatest place
Accounts Receivable Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2017
not the greatest place and wouldn't recommend to anyone. the worst management that I've ever experienced. The worst management style that I've ever encountered, and the worst HR EVER!!!
Poor management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 3, 2017
This place was the worst job I ever had. No one shows up to work and you are left to handle multiple floors by yourself. This place is poorly managed and needs a complete overhaul.
Stressful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILNovember 18, 2017
This is the worse company to work for. They have Bed bugs every where around the community in Melrose park. Management is terrible they don't care of the resident or workers.
Do not Apply
Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 11, 2017
Their new Facilities are just a beautiful to look at for short time, it becomes smelly nursing home like place in few months, they allow any animals to move in with residence and no one is responsible for cleaning.
Working for them is bad experience also turn over is constant, everyone is overworked and they want you to smile and act happy.

Do not even bother they are business focus only , more residents more money for them. Employees are slaves and underappreciated.
Pros
Management is overworked and doing everyone job their is not budget to hire more staff
Cons
New staff doesn't shows to work they hire people who are smiling instead who are qualified
Horrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIOctober 22, 2017
They overwork the caregivers and let the nurses just sit on their butts doing nothing about it. Caregivers know more about what is going on with the resident's than the nurses. The management is fake and full of lies! If you don't kiss their butt you get treated horribly. I would never tell anyone to work their or move a family member in. By far the worst place I've ever worked!!!
Complete fakes, no real knowledge of seniors and all about the money.
Management (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIOctober 21, 2017
Not only would I highly recommend that no one take employment for this company, I would also recommend no one to move their loved one into their communities.
roseland
maintenance director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2017
to always be optimistic and keep a smile on my face, empathy for residents who were less fortunate than others is always on my mind.
tried to do my very best in making living there a great experience as well as tried to encourage staff to do likewise.hardest part of my day was quitting time seemed like this was when all problems would occur.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Absolutely awful
Culinary host (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, ILAugust 26, 2017
100% the worst company I've worked for. Employees are over worked, under paid, taken advantage of, and unappreciated. Managers schedule for 6 days a week and then call you in on your day off. I spent two days in the hospital for very concerning matters and was written up for having to call off. There is no compassion or appreciation for employees from anyone in the building. The mangers don't care at all about their employees. Absolutely awful.
Pros
Big paycheck
Cons
Mistreated, over worked, under paid.
To work here is a joke. Management sucks n unorganized
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILAugust 9, 2017
They don't pay you what you should not even if you have experience n housekeeping you will be the only one working with no help so you will be slaving
Pros
Residents and family are sweet
Cons
Everything else here sucks not organized at all wouldn't recommend it
Official response from Pathway Senior Living
August 11, 2017

Thank you for the review. Providing a safe and secure home for our residents while fostering an ethical, honest and welcoming work environment for all team members is our top priority. We would like to explore the issues you mentioned and ask that you call us at (888) 342-4111 or email us at socialmedia@pathwaytoliving.com. Thank you for reaching out and we look forward to talking with you. –Beth D.

Terrible Place to Work!
Employee (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 31, 2017
This is a terrible place to work! Management never helps out and wants you to do everything by yourself. They are consistently short handed and expect you to handle multiple floors alone. They tend to hire only African Americans and if you are not one they tend to gang up on the white employees and management does nothing about it. Also some employees can be late or not show up and never get written up! It is just a disaster to work there. They always have high turnover and treat their employees bad. Once you quit, you won't get your last pay check either. There have been many employees that have not received what they are owed. They call corporate about it and are told the center must approve it. Then the center denies that they worked during that time. I have a friend that is still fighting to get their last paycheck. The management actually blocked their number so they can't call about their pay. I am afraid to quit because I won't get paid.
Pros
Love the people who live there.
Cons
Management, Not getting paid for time worked, high turnover.
Official response from Pathway Senior Living
August 11, 2017

Good Place
Confidential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJuly 2, 2017
Pathway owns and operates assisted living communities in the Chicago suburbs. They focus on helping medicaid recipients but also work with the private pay population.
Great Company & Staff is like family
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMay 29, 2017
Being able to work in an environment that brings a sense of happiness to your everyday work life, is a blessing. The staff here is so amazing. When we see one another struggling we really pull together as a team and help one another. Yes, just like any other company, we become understaffed & at times over worked but, when we pull together and make it through the day, its rewarding to see your co-workers appreciate us pulling together as a team. & the amount of appreciation that is shown by management & residents is beyond amazing. This is by far the best company I have ever worked for & I don't see myself leaving any time soon.
Pros
Wonderful Residents, Great Staff, Vacation & Healthcare Benefits
Cons
No Free Lunch for staff when most of the food is tossed out
Terrible place to work. Petty bs
Worker (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 4, 2017
Worst place I have ever worked. Management is terrible. They are lazy and don't help. Expect stupid stuff rather than the care of a resident. Highly not recommending any family or friends to work or LIVE there. Terrible place for family it's short staffed and not organized.
Pros
The residents
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pathway Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.

1.8