Pathway Senior Living

Pathway Senior Living Employee Reviews

United States63 reviews
Absolutely unprofessional. Managers don't listen to you. Only one CNA per floor. That's 36+ residents to one CNA.
Job is too stressful. They always state we should all work together as a team, but there is NO TEAM. Management speaks to you however they feel like it.

Residents are not given the proper care either. They have hospice and some skilled residents. Too much work for just one CNA.
Resident were great management’s poor. There’s no team work from management. RCM speaks negatively about Co-workers to other coworkers. Overall wasn’t a good ex
The staff have been there for quiet some time. And they are all rude and most of the time if they dont like you dont ask for help. As well as sitting in residents rooms while others work, management does nothing to change it, and hours are long and draining especially when nocs are always late, and most of the older staff are late coming into the shift as well, paychecks sometimes seemed short as well
Pros
Amazing Residents, Beautiful and Clean Facility, All caring staff besides caregivers
Cons
Caregivers are rude. Drama is beyond normal in a workplace, possible shortage of paycheck, lack of respect when starting
The previous reviews were correct. Poor corporate leadership and lack of support. Don't waste your time you will earlier get burned out. The work life balance doesn't exist you are expected to work on your vacations. Unfair practices and confidentiality throughout the organization.
This company is the worst to work for no helps one another wellness manager is dumb as a box of rocks very unprofessional they leave residents soiled and BM up their back for the next person .If you like being appreciated and working in a nice friendly environment Do NoT waste your time!!!!
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
This company preaches “Care to know, then make it matter” .
Corporate consistently preach about VIVA! and their “Care to know” but they do not practice what they preach. Corporate staff make life a living H-E double hockey sticks! They make you feel worthless when you are pouring nothing but blood sweat and tears into your community. They constantly lie to you and it doesn't matter if you have a paper trail; because it means nothing! They overall company is so poorly run and nobody from the corporate team has a single united thought and they all have their own way of doing everything. If you dare venture to drink Pathways VIVA! kool-aid....Good luck and be prepared to no longer have a life outside of the community due to the unrealistic expectations of this awful corporation. Personally I was thrown under the bus so many times for things I did not do and had paper proof but they kept trying and trying until I had enough and found an amazing job instead where I actually get a lunch break and days off! You have been WARNED!
This company preaches “Care to know, then make it matter”. I will begin by saying the upper management does not care about staff or management at the community level. They consistently preach about VIVA! and their “Care to know” but they do not practice what they preach. I have seen racism first hand from managers at the community both with families as well as staff.

We have had more Executive Directors than I can count. The Business office manager is terrible. She does not care about the employees. She is supposed to by human resources but she does everything she can to avoid helping the staff. I have heard her several times talking bad about staff including other managers. She is absolutely not professional. There are clicks within the management.

We lost another wellness manager. She had been with us for more than a year. She worked very hard and they chased her off. She did not have any support. This company has a revolving door. They are not willing to pay for good staff so the other staff members don’t stay long because other assisted living places have opened and offer more money.

I think what bothers me most is that I work very, very hard and when it came to my review I received 17 cents. Really? .17 cents is all that I am worth? I do not call off. I have a good rapport with the residents and families, staff and managers and all I get is .17 cents. Please Pathway you can keep your .17 cents you need it more than I. Again, like someone else said in their review of this company, I am not disgruntled and I was not fired because that is always what people
 - more...
Terrible upper management. Hires and fires based on emotions as opposed to job performance. Does not hold employees accountable.Racism is common and never addressed. Residents are not treated well. Bedbugs are a given. Regularly accepts residents they are not equipped to care for. If hired, continue to actively look for something else.
Loved working for pathways. Difficult to sustain but all in all, i take nothing back. Some are unprofessional but that’s everywhere. Would go back if the pay was increased
The "Host" does the job of 3; busser, dishwasher (rotated by your team of three hopefully), waitress and clean (mop). •Your always short one person •Schedualed 3:30 hr shifts daily
Very hard working, when other don't do there job just sit in break room most of the day doing nothing, but complain about what the next person isn't doing.
Worst place ever to work with management is beyond terrible they have bedbugs at galewood they don’t pay anything don’t care about employees or residents they have a dog that they new was aggressive they didn’t get ride of it until it attacked a resident the pay is not worth the stress at all they always short
The place is being run by cna who dont know how to run heartis senior living you do total cares a horrible place to work horrible for any Resident to live I will not recommend anyone at the place ..
Company started off with care and compassion for staff and residents, but throughout the years, management has become incompetent to say the least.
Current maintenance manager talks bad about Hispanic employees. He is extremely rude to the staff. He belittles the maintenance crew and loves to do it if front of others. He will not lift a finger to do anything. He sits behind his desk and just watches the security cameras, which is very inappropriate. He even does it from home.

Wellness manager, will not assist when staffing is short. She will not or does not know how to train the staff. She leaves it up to incompetent staff to train new hires, which of course turns into a disaster. she is not fair and she has fired good employees while keeping the bad ones or should I say, the ones she like. Do not go against her, because she will have it out for you.

The sales manager, brings in residents who are homeless. They just want bodies in the apartments. She is not friendly and seems like she doesn't want to be there. Not good at her job at all.

Business manager does not return calls, emails etc, in a timely fashion.

The executive director, is pleasant enough but he is not managing the managers. He is aware of many complaints about them, but seems to not have the personality to address them. Is he afraid of not being liked? He has allow the Maintenance manager to spend thousands of dollars on unnecessary things and not spend it on needed items to care for the residents. The Rodent problem is horrible. The kitchen manager is a gossip and not fair to staff. He allows staff to
 - more...
Peoria managers in wellness and culinary are horrid and do not cate about their workers at all. Ridiculous. I would not recommend this place unless you can feel with basic drama too.
The worst company to work for! Management is a joke. The training is beyond ridiculous. The regional team does nothing but give lip service and the only time they are at the building is when the investors are coming so they can mask everything.They make promises but don’t deliver. You have no life/work balance and get treated like you don’t matter.
The HR Manager, who had no college degree, and was at one time a server, had no idea how to manage the office. The Director was fired, so we had no Director. The activities lady was the rudest person and would lie to families just to get them to leave her alone. She never did any activities with the residents. She would just walk around the facility and yell at the LEA's. Always understaffed. Pay was horrible. I left after 3 months. I have never worked with such unprofessional people in my life. I would not recommend working here, nor would I send my loved ones to live at this facility.
Pros
Probably one of the best jobs I had 😊 loved the residents! They always are understandable and really care about their employees and residents! They accommodate their employees and residents and their families excellent!
Pros
Management always works with you through any situation, co-workers dependable
Cons
Noc shift always late
Poor management ... only cares about money...does not care about residents...clicks are formed...unrealistic expectations...lack of support...poor pay...
Cons
Poor management
Productive and educational with the core of the job. Team work everyday at the job. The hardest part of the job. There wasn't any except for losing a senior you got close to.
Upper Management tells their employees what they want to hear and give them chance to do their own thing in managing, but then go back on their word and change their minds and then not support decisions. Very dishonest upper management system. The company is worrying too much about growing their business and not fixing what is clearly broken. This needs to be fixed. The turn around on hourly employees is the worst I have ever seen in the healthcare industry. Every month Managers are training new people. This is a huge cost to any business and upper management doesn't care. The money they waste to hire and train new employees should be spent by giving the few good hourly employees more money and keep and attract great employees. I am sad as a manager that I lost good employees monthly. I could not do it anymore. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone to work at,nor would I have a family live in their communities. Not because they are not clean or nice (they are very nice, best in the industry!!) but because a family members keep getting new people caring for them, older residents need to be comfortable & see familiar faces and this excessive change is not good for them psychologically Clearly this goes for all the communities.( building sites) One is not better than the other. because all are managed by the same upper management.Whats important is how you treat your employees and respect them.
Pros
insurance benefits, other co-workers
Cons
everything else
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pathway Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.
2.1