Pathways Employee Reviews

Micro-managing and poor communication
Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAMarch 11, 2019
Management was not collaborative and did not share information that pertained to the job. Spoke of other employees personal issues freely and were very micro-managing. Quick to blame others for their mistakes. Spoke to others in a demeaning and condensending tone. Co-workers were very nice.
Pros
Welcoming and nice co-workers.
Challenging
Integrated Health Manager (IHS) (Current Employee) –  Salem, MOFebruary 28, 2019
Meetings each day which cut into your productivity. Required to travel daily but only allowed to turn in 800 miles/month. Request that you check out the company car to keep mileage down but only has 2 cars and continually bumped.
Review of Pathways
Corporate HR Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 15, 2019
A typical day is spent reviewing resumes received for open positions. If candidate qualified then it gets forwarded to the hiring manager. Some positions require you to contact the candidate to conduct a phone screen and if they meet the requirements then they got forwarded to the hiring manager.
I learned better sourcing and interview questions.
Management could be flexible at times.
Workplace culture was good.
The hardest part of the position was learning the different tips and tricks of the trade.
The most enjoyable part was speaking to different people for the positions and filling the open positions.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
N/a
Poor management
TSS Worker (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 26, 2019
Do not care about their employees. Rewarding if you like to help children with disabilities in the school, home, and community settings. Management will not work with you. Do not get paid for showing up if your kid does not show or cancels.
Pros
rewarding with children
Cons
no lunch breaks, only paid if with client, not paid if they do not show up, no raises, poor management
Awful
Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 20, 2019
I'm so happy they closed shop. The employees were "family" one day and then were gone the next for trivial reasons that were far from reasons compatible with their mission statement. Here you are but a number.
Do Not Be Fooled
Intensive In-Home Counselor (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 1, 2019
Do not be fooled by the ratings for "Pathways" They deleted all negative reviews and anything that says Family Preservation Services and decided since it had poor ratings to just post jobs under "Pathways" the company that owns FPS.

This is Family Preservation Services in Asheville, the worst place you could possibly work. Do not work here. Horrible.
Pros
Cons
Management, Lack of Insight, Low Pay, High Stress, Lack of Leadership and Direction
Same Company as Pathways by Molina
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Hawaiian Gardens, CADecember 1, 2018
Indeed: Run, Run..
Same Company but they change names, Who does that? See below take your talents elsewhere.

I was hired for the FSP program. I left a job of 5 years for this company. Big mistake, my boss was more busy hanging with her posse than to deal with the day to day needs of her employees. Never been with a company where the first thing people would do while on the clock was get coffee and gossip rather than to work. My boss and her posse would leave site and go shopping while on the clock. Management needs classes on how to deal with people. I hope the right people read this and know this done so no one else will go through want I went through. Again i left a secure job, with the promise of new dept. and program (FSP) So be warned folks looking for better opportunities, stay away!
Pros
Therapist seem to love helping others
Cons
Management needs to grow up
Great staff, poor pay
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 29, 2018
The staff, supervisor and clients are what makes it hard to leave. I've left because of low pay. I felt frustrated because they don't pay by the billable hour. They have quotas to meet. Instead of counting by the billable hour they pay by "direct pay" which means you get paid only for time spent with the client. For code 90834 I was paid for .75 hours not a full hour. This hurt my paycheck and affected my ability to meet their quota. To meet quota they also wanted clinicians to see clients back to back with no breaks which sets us up for burnout. There are also no benefits if you choose to work part time.
Pros
Great co- workers and management.
Cons
Low pay with near impossible quotas.
interesting
Residential Direct support Staff (Current Employee) –  Claremont, NHNovember 27, 2018
could be a great experience if they would properly train their employees rather then just throwing them into the wolves den and actually cared about their employees
Pros
you get to know people
Cons
over worked
Run Forest, Run..
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Hawaiian Gdns, CANovember 13, 2018
Pros
Clinicians seem to really like helping the clients.
Cons
Management and the lack of maturity (High School all over again)
Fast-paced work environment
Recruiter/Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 8, 2018
Pathways was a unique workplace where employees were challenged to think outside the box. Although, at times the workload was overwhelming and multiple deadlines had to be met at once.
Pros
unlimited PTO
Compassionate Environment
CERTIFIED PEER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CANovember 7, 2018
Pathways provides a compassionate environment to the community we serve. There are many resources available and they try their hardest to provide a stress free work environment.
Pros
breaks, paid time off, sick time
Cons
hours vary and work life balance is hard to come by.
World Best Book Store
Retail sales and spiritual consultant minister (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 5, 2018
Being the person that helps someone realize they are not alone in the world when they start to question their spirituality is very fulfilly and rewarding.
Horrible management and pay
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Schuylkill County, PAOctober 25, 2018
Management is horrible, will do anything to pass an inspection by state, always breaking policies and no one to report to because everyone has each other’s backs. Clients are neglected, I reported it to state multiple times but all they do is call the same office with the same management and believe every word they say instead of investigating. I worked 70+ almost every week for 2 years and still had the worst pay. I would constantly be stuck at houses with no relief, sometimes more then 48 hrs in a row. Management cares about themselves only.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Management, pay and everything else
Great Place to Work
Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, MEOctober 23, 2018
Challenging, but rewarding work! Amazing co-workers & team focused! Have worked at Pathways for 10+ years and have had many opportunities for growth within the company. If you are motivated, like to work as a team, have a strong work ethic & enjoy working with all kinds of great people who come from different backgrounds, Pathways of Maine is a great place to work!
Pros
Team collaboration, growth opportunities, in the business of helping & lifting up the clients served
Cons
Health Insurance could be better
Generous Paid Leave
IT Department (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 20, 2018
Working for the IT department granted ability to work remotely and flexible work hours.

Generous paid leave, pay is not competitive. No yearly reviews nor guaranteed yearly raises.

They do provide tuition reimbursement for courses that directly related to your position.
Pros
generous leave
Cons
some of the depatments are strict. IT department is flexible.
Awesome Place to Work
Behavioral Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Brunswick MaineOctober 18, 2018
Pathways has been a great place to work. They have given me the opportunity to grow as a professional in a variety of ways. You are provided with tons of training and support and are truly valued as a team member. The work is hard but meaningful and I know that what we do makes a difference for our clients and our community. Great place to be with many opportunities in a variety of different service lines. I wouldn't work anywhere else.
Pros
Flexible hours, Not just a number, Part of a team, Make a difference in the lives of children and thier families.
Cons
expensive medical benefits
A very challenging fast paced job.
Adiction Recovering Tech (Former Employee) –  Pineville, LAOctober 8, 2018
A typical day at work would be very fast paced dealing with adolescence recovering from addictions. I enjoyed listening to the many different stories and just being there for them.
They caused trauma to myself, in my opinion the consumers they NEGLECTED and the other members of company. Cut throat. Arrogant. Demeaning.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Washington DCOctober 4, 2018
The salary is based on how many hours you Bill. You work like a Car salesman. You are pushing DBH billing hours. If you don't Bill 55 hours you get a "base pay. A little over minimum wage. The consumer ends up getting the short end of the stick. You may end up working 7 days a week just to eat. This is not abnormal in the least. Save yourself. Don't take my word. Read other people's reviews.
Pros
Beautiful consumers. Thirsty for attention.
Cons
Arrogant Clinical higher ups who are Thirsty for attention also
Great co workers
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNOctober 2, 2018
Nice job for new social workers. Pay is ok. Benefits aren't that good, good place for younger people who have energy to run to and fro. Overall flexible hours ..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pathways. Our community is ready to answer.