Pathways

Pathways Employee Reviews

United States299 reviews
This company is very driven to continue growing. I appreciate their structure and vision. The work culture encourages you to be a part of a group that is doing good for the population. The downside of this is that you find yourself overworking. I found myself burning out just to keep up with the demands. I did not feel that was healthy so I left for somewhere more reasonable.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor work life balance
From the first day, you’re on your own; figuring out your schedule, class lists, grading scale, etc. You’re expected to teach students who aren’t used to being taught traditionally. While having multiple meetings per day, no planning period, no privacy, micro-management, and high school behavior from staff. Unless you’re related to the principal, you’re not making it here. The entire staff is made up of family members who have no education or teaching experience. They just babysit the students and have them do online work. There’s a lot of manipulative behavior from admins and “behavior intervention” staff.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Toxic work environment
Working at Pathways was amazing yet challenging. I enjoyed working with clients to help them reach their goals. Over my nine and a half years their I worked with thousands of clients.
This agency use to be amazing! I provided over half a decade of full time service for Pathways and was extremely happy for the first 3 years. However, over the last few years things have gotten progressively worse to the point of it becoming unbearable. Leadership no longer provides support (in Western Region). Leadership seems to be on an endless power trip treating their employees like brainless children who do not deserve respect or value. The incentive rate sounds amazing in theory, but they make it nearly impossible to meet the billiable expectations, making it extremely difficult to hit that “amazing” incentive rate. They pile on more and more unnecessary non bill mandatory expectations that take up significant time to complete. This leaves less and less time to actually bill and serve the client. The micromanagement is extreme. The environment in Western is toxic with employees crying on a regular basis. The agency has continued to encourage staff to provide multiple home visits each day, even among this Covid 19 pandemic, putting the client, their families, staff and their families as well as the community as a whole, at significant risk. The only concern is making money. There is zero concern for the clients or the staff. The stress level is extreme with trying to meet the billiable expectations while having to meet all the non bill expectations. The majority of paid time is on the hourly wage which is barely more then minimum wage, even with a college degree. The support from certain leadership in Western (Auburn) is almost non existent with employees feeling insignificant - more...
I've never worked at a place so emotionally manipulative and dysfunctional. They demand vulnerability and openness, but then turn it around on you and use it against you harshly. I've seen so many employees cry due to the harshness of a supervisor only to have that supervisor use tears to escape consequences of their harshness. The supervisory team has turned over twice in the last two years. Clinicians often work from 10a (or earlier)-7 or 8 pm to complete all their paperwork and get contact hours in after school hours. School based positions are viewed as a perk and irrelevant to job performance as they maximize after school hours. This pits clinicians against their schools they are based at, as they can only be there part time and has clinicians working a full school schedule and then full schedule after school in home days as well to meet their requirements. The veterans on this team have largely left and they constantly are recruiting for new people and consider it a win if they stay more then 9 months. If you want to return to middle school politics to start in your career, this place is right for you.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
This company has an extremely high employee turn-over rate for their Bakersfield and Kernville Operations. Ask them why 7 directors left in a row. Ask them why they had a virtually 99% turnover rate at College Community Services in Lake Isabella. Ask around and you will see how they have endangered client lives, cultivated corrupt business practices whereby it is all about making productivity instead of helping others. Don't take my word for it....just ask around, and you will how their unethical practices make it difficult for anyone to stay there.
Pros
CCS in Lake Isabella is a beautiful location
Cons
Unethical behavior by management, they push you to bring in the productivity numbers despite the personal costs to employees, and with no focus on quality of care to clients
There is zero support at this company and people come and go without you ever knowing their name. I watched some people work a week and leave. Supervisor sends out petty condescending emails. Change the toilet paper in the bathroom, clean the kitchen, stop disinfecting in the hallway. If you like working with maximum drama and no support this is for you. Absences and turnovers are high, you have to work until 8pm and work 6 days per week. No one and I mean no one ever gets congratulated for doing a good job. I watched one person with 4 years leave the company with a 2-week notice and not so much as a card or a luncheon to say good bye. She had to work until 8pm her last day there. Constant badgering to cover groups and pick up therapy sessions. Everything in the fridge is labeled and I saw one person told don't ever use the supervisors large quart coffee creamer. It's a petty high school environment. Not even set up for handicap as the hallways are too small for a wheelchair to fit down. If that doesn't persuade you there's only 1 bathroom for all 15 employees male and female and just try and use it without having 2 or 3 people knocking on your door every time. You also get to share an office so if your office partner has a therapy session your out of luck and hopefully you can find a conference room to hide out in for that hour or several hours. It's really a pathetic environment.
Pros
Pros- you get a check
Cons
read the extensive list above
Each day at Pathways was different. I worked in Management so things could change by the minute. Agency work hard to provide best for clients and the staff
This is a great company to work for. I feel very secure in my job and enjoy the people i work with. I feel my opinions are heard and that i am valued and appreciated.
The worst mental health company to work for. Horrible Pay, Leadership is horrible and makes incredibly poor decisions. AVOID they do not treat workers correctly
Cons
Part-time with benefits is the plus. However, those benefits will break you financially. Managers and directors are out of touch. Unless you work at the tower, you don't exist.
I enjoyed working with the students and watching them learn and grow. There were too many two faced women working their and too many "support staff trying to call the shots. It was a hostile environment.
The program director is "insane" to say the least. Along with the regional director, there is no consideration for employee well-being or anything else. It is all about productivity, and these days when employees have to work from home, the micromanagement which involves constant telephoning to see what an employee is doing, and watching the productivity hours everyday has driven several employees to tears and to quit. I don't recommend working here at all. Employees have filed complaints with HR which of course gets turned around, and the employee is "blamed" for everything. There are no morals, values or ethics at this agency, and the overall work environment is punitive. The agency has lost about 11 employees since opening in Bakersfield in April 2019, and that should speak for itself.
Great environment, amazing staff, and even better management. Started as a Temp and as I started gaining knowledge they hired me as a full-time employee. It is a shame they closed down, I would've love to still be working here.
On a daily basis everyone was so friendly and happy. I learned the importance of patient confidentiality. The management team was wonderful and always willing to help out.
In my home office of pathways it got to where it was dog eat dog so to speak because poor management and support from anyone! The main office people wouldn’t ever help us or even acknowledge that we even had a office in this little town!
I really liked pathways they worked well with what the needs of there employees was and was really understanding of family issues the pay was fair and based of what is being learned it went up every 3 months
I would not suggest anyone to work here! Management sucks! There is no reviews done ever! You have to fight for a raise! The poor clients in that place suffer because staff is just taking there money and treating them like they are not human! The STATE needs to go in there and investigate! Black mold! Clients are still using on the premises!
One of the best things about this company is the comfort level, they provide an uplift desk for all employees to stand while working. In addition, they let you dress however you prefer, so sweats all day. The management takes care of the employees because the work can be a grind, but they pay for team events and after drink work to really balance the hard work with a good time.
The company as a whole is not bad just the leaders in management at the time there was no home/work balance this job causes for alot of time at work long work hours and no support
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pathways. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6