Pathways Home Health And Hospice Employee Reviews

This is a great place to work!
Bereavement Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 6, 2018
Everyone who works here is wonderful and very warm. They work together as a community to serve others in hospice, and especially when bereavement is involved. It is a place where you can learn and grow as a therapist.
Very old school. Needs to update their approach to business model.
Senior Director, Education (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 18, 2018
Senior leadership is not good at holding management accountable for misbehavior.

Workplace culture - Need to learn how to approach each other in a more colleagial manner.
Pathways
HOSPICE NURSE (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 6, 2018
I have worked for Pathways for several years now. I love the flexible schedule and autonomy I receive as a nurse. The wages are competitive, medical benefits are offered as well.
Pros
Malfunctioning devices that are needed to perform my duties is highly annoying.
Cons
Everything else pretty much!
Accommodating and Compassionate place to work
Administrative Assistant/ Administrative Floater (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 2, 2018
Pathways is a starting point for my career. I have been a full time student and working as a per diem administrative assistant. My manager has been very helpful with scheduling conflicts for my school schedule. In return, I wanted to make sure to be a loyal and hard working employee. Pathways has been a wonderful learning experience, and the management I have worked with has been compassionate and hardworking.
Very productive and fun place to work
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 7, 2018
Productive and busy workplace where the employees were like family and very supportive. Have been with company for more than 17 years and I did enjoy all 17 years employed there.
Pros
Great support from CEO to peers.
Cons
Some days were very long
Hospice Team is equal to Family
Hospice Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 31, 2018
While our work can be stressful and Patient care demanding; our team has developed a strong bond and cohesion which allows us to work incredibly well together. We try to create a relaxed work environment to enjoy the work week, but are also supportive of one another when it becomes difficult. There are moments during the day or week that our position of patient care can be very demanding, but because of the support and team we have developed, it makes working at PW and with one another enjoyable. I truly appreciate each individual and the job we perform.
Pros
Team support, learning and development
Cons
Benefits/time off
working with great co workers
Assistant Director of Recreation (Former Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYJanuary 23, 2018
it was great working with people who are easily to get along with. in addition it was great learning from them also because it made me a better person and employee
Pros
great experience for my future career
Cons
lack of pay
Pordictive, promotion
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Chance to work on great, challenging promotion award winning - family atmosphere - everybody helps each other, at all levels. good pay and benefits. great social place/work life.
Recent changes in management with subsequent culture change
Director of Quality Improvement (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 2, 2017
Daily activities varied in my position. Most staff worked 9-5. I learned a lot due to change in EMR system. Most enjoyable part of the job was then people I worked with.
Home Health
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 24, 2017
You will leave with a vast understanding of all aspects ( good & bad ) of Home Health care and it's implementation. you will need to have or develop critical thinking skills.

Comment – August 19, 2017

Pathways Home Health takes many high acuity patients, for which it does not have adequate staff. Case manager loads are 35-40 patients. They have admit nurses with no home health experience, who perform admits set with problems & then hand them off to case managers who are too busy to follow up with most of the patients. Their newer electronic medical records system is a disaster, which only makes a horrible work load a disaster to manage. Don't expect to be paid for all the extra time spent on Pathways dysfunctional status. They expect 15-20 hours of your time donated to their dysfunction in lost wages(unpaid overtime) per pay period. The majority of new hires quit in the first month. It's not just me. It's other nurses as well. Don't believe me, check Medicare.gov, Pathways is rated in the bottom percentile.

wonderful team
Hospice nurse (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 1, 2017
I like my part time revisit and admission nurse job.
Pathways is a not for profit hospice agency among many for profits in the SF Bay Area. It has been active for over 35 years. There are three branches.
Learned several different positions
Clinical Operations Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 9, 2016
I worked at Pathways for nine years and nine months. I was a Clinical Administrative Assistant (Floater). I covered many positions for co-workers when they were out sick or on vacation. I learned many skills and I can list them when I apply for different jobs.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Pay
Pathways is the Best
LVN HOSPICE VISIT NURSE (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 27, 2016
At Pathways Home Health and Hospice I learned the true meaning of holistic health care and collaboration. This company fosters team work with the sole goal of giving the best patient focused care in the hospice industry.
Pros
Flexible and very caring
Cons
Ok job with poor quality management
Home visit case manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 12, 2016
Being with the company for several years, I started when management was adequate and the work load was fair and stress was minimal. Over the last few years, changes in management led to very poor working conditions for home visiting nurses. Expect management to make you work overtime whenever they want, expect to work well over 8 hours and not get paid overtime, expect a dictatorship style of management where your input on anything is not appreciated and be addressed in very derogatory manner on a regular basis. The job stability is good as they are often understaffed.
Pros
Job stability, room for promotion often
Cons
Work overtime without pay, must work overtime, horrible management
Supportive staff w/ failing management
Manager of Volunteer Services (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Full of hard working, extremely compassionate, and competent clinicians, admin. staff, and social workers.

Wonderful learning experience, but that is all. Not much room for career advancement or financial raises. Not a place to work if you live in the Bay Area and have a family to support.

Major gap of communication between those working on the front lines and those calling the shots.

Heartbreaking to have to state this. There's heart in their mission, but lost in their actions in getting there. Keeping hopes up for a positive change one of these days,
Great team of professionals on every level
Geriatric Care Manager - temporary assignment (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 13, 2015
This was a temporary assignment, however, I had an inside view of a great home health agency that provides quality care for their elderly and other ailing clients/patients.
Pros
Professionalism to the max!
Cons
Cannot think of any negatives.
I feel blessed for the on-gpoing support I recieved at Pathways
RN, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 14, 2014
Pathways starts you off with an excellent training program and continues to provide an ongoing supportive atmosphere. Our medical directors are ands-on and take extra time to explain and educate on disease process specific to our patients. Our nursing team is truly dedicated to patient comfort and will always go above and beyond to do whatever is necessary for our patients & families.

The down side is we often do not have enough nurses to cover PTO and special circumstances, which tends to be frustrating.

Overall, Pathways is a great place to work.
Exciting place to work with such compassionate people
Home Health Aid Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 13, 2014
Pathways is truly a rewarding place to work. The people there have such a "willing to help" attitude. Management goes out of there way to make you feel comfortable and apart of the Team. Because we are a Hospice company, the hardest part is when my patients pass away. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am helping someone in need.
The word "Team" has a meaning here and they provide special lunches for occasions
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 27, 2014
Everyday is a learning experience. Co-workers are very sweet and compasionate. The hardest part of my job is sitting idle. I always need to be busy.
Pros
Insurance benifits are great.
Cons
Needs a bigger office with more parking spaces.
Good opportunity to focus on nutrition education and counseling skills
REGISTERED DIETITIAN (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 8, 2014
I've worked at Pathways for six years and have traveled from Gilroy to San Francisco seeing home health and hospice and kids (and infants). I've been able to hone my counseling skills and focus on patient nutrition education to support the patient and family to improve outcomes.