Pathways of Arizona Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Everyone worked well together to ensure clients got the best benefits.
Intern for Master's Program (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 24, 2018
I got to learn two different areas during my internship. The employees in both areas worked well together and they helped out the other area to collaborate and ensure the clients were getting their needs met. I have never worked with a group of people that worked so well together. I got to work with a few agencies in the greater Tucson area and see how Pathways interacted with them. It was an amazing experience! I feel that I was able to grow as a person and as a social worker while interning at Pathways.
Pros
You pretty much get to make your own schedule.
Cons
There are times when you have to work after 5pm.
Management complacent
Revenue Cycle Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 14, 2018
Management has a culture of dumping on staff without any directive or instruction. Communication is poor. Management does not get to know staff; show ANY concern; or interest. If anything, you get told of work coming your way at the last minute. They promise to train but never deliver. Always excuses. However, manager talks about other staff like they are the problem. Always feeling overwhelmed due to not knowing what or how to do what is needed.

You start with a great attitude and "Can do" attitude but lose the initiative after months of excuses and being ignored. Morale is lost quickly. Supervisor and management wont give you the time of day here.

No opportunity to move out of the department or advance.

The only good thing is they are flexible with PTO. They allow you to dress down.

There is no HR in Tucson. You have to email people in another state who seldom respond. You have to just figure out your own benefits without any information or anyone to answer questions.

IT department isn't there much when it comes to resolving issues. You have to figure it out on your own and hope for the best.

Sadly, no matter how hard I tried or how much I pleaded to help with work, I never left feeling a sense of accomplishment.
Pros
Flexible with time off. Casual dress mostly
Cons
Poor communication; management complacent; and no directive
I've stayed for a reason
Therapist/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 25, 2018
Don't let the naysayers steer you. I've been here for over a decade and I wouldn't leave. It's a stressful system of managed care, but the agency itself is amazing.
Pros
Greatt management, great culture
Cons
You have to be prepared to work
Needs more education on adult services
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 15, 2018
I learned pathways needs to be educated on their adult services more. They have been know to keep employees recovery on the hush even when it has to do with the job description. There is a lot of inner office politics..
BEWARE DON'T REPORT ANY ISSUES ABOUT THE MANAGER YOU MIGHT BE FIRED!!!!
Pros
Providing services to clients
Cons
A lot of inner office politics and favoring
Emphasis on productivity instead of the client's wellbeing.
Behavioral Intervention High Needs Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 16, 2017
Pathways focuses more on the productivity and their bottom line than they do the welfare of their client's or what is best for the mental health and well-being of their client. They also emphasize more on the productivity than the employee.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
emphasis on bottom line
Will eat at your soul
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 7, 2017
No support from management, always changing how they want you to do the job. Unrealistic expectations. Penalize employees for taking vacation, expect employee to make up vacation time through extra hours. Closed-door policy (can only go to direct supervisor), employee gets penalized for jumping chain of command. Past employees have said they don't trust supervisors anymore, can't tell them problems or issues with the work or clients; get penalized for being honest. No trust and low morale; high turnover. Was compensation for travel, now trying to make employees carpool. Cheap company, don't care about their employees. Many trainings on integrity and honor and doing the right thing and reporting others who don't comply. Too many issues to mention.

"The floggings will continue until morale improves" seems to be the company logo.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Punitive-style management, no trust from management, unrealistic expectations
fast paced
Dedicated Recovery Coach (Current Employee) –  tucson azJuly 19, 2017
pathways is a fast paced enviroment and does not reward the employees enough for thier time and dedication. the way they move through clients and pass them along to other people is too fast based and not concerning for the clients well being or the bonding time for the clients.
Pros
staff lunch
Cons
too much for too little
I was only employed by Pathways a short time
High Needs Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 1, 2017
I was only employed by Pathways a short time after they purchased Providence. I enjoyed my time at Providence and felt like I was part of a team doing great work in the community. Providence always seemed to be able to hire the most talented and dedicated professionals I have ever worked with.
Pros
Supportive suprvisor
Cons
Lack of consistent instruction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pathways of Arizona. Our community is ready to answer.

Pathways of Arizona Reviews by Location