Pathways of Southwestern Pennsylvania Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Flexible Hours
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAJuly 12, 2018
I like that I can be a full time nursing student and still make good money on the side at this company. They are always willing to work with my schedule and I love the clients I work with.
Great place to work, I love my job.
Direct Support (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAFebruary 22, 2018
Very rewarding place to work, every day you have contact with the individuals who are part of our programs, even on a long day all you have to do is look around and know you are making a difference in people's lives. Everyday is different, you are always learning and gathering new skills, fun, friendly co-workers. Everyone wants more pay, that is a given, I look around and think that everyone who cares day in and day out for children, individuals with disabilities deserve 10 times what they make but I also realize we are state and federally funded and you are not in this field anywhere to get rich, you do it because you have the heart for it.
Lack of structure
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Washington, PADecember 2, 2017
Bad apples spoil the bunch. Lack of motivation, gossip, negative attitude by few employees would ruin environment. Above what have witnessed at other jobs. Normally these people would be reprimanded. Loved the work, people I helped. Not organized, too much freedom given to employees with no work ethic. Work is work.
Pros
Shift - job description - sense of accomplishment
Cons
lack of structure - gossip - felt helpless
Perfect work for Mom's
Therapeutic Support Staff/Direct Cate (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 6, 2017
No experience in this field needed- will be trained. Shift ends at 3:30pm instead of 4pm almost every day (daycare on site). Fun environment. Various activities daily (arts/crafts/shopping/parks) make time at work fly! Perfect for Mom's.
Pros
Hours- clients- never bored
Expect a high level of physical and mental exhaustion with embarrassing pay rate
TA (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 1, 2017
I have worked for this company for 5 years and although I absolutely love the work and find it rewarding and fulfilling, the expectation of doing a good job and taking care of human beings lives is rewarded with embarrassing low pay.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Extremely low pay and unappreciative attitude from management
12-week internship
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAJune 23, 2016
Loved working as HR Assistant for this company. Wish they had a full time opening when I left after my internship was completed.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Pay
Rewarding place to work, excellent culture and excellent commitment to consumer
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAMay 16, 2016
Excellent environment to work in and great management. Commitment to not only the consumers health and safety but quality of life is such an inspiration. The position can sometimes be challenging but at the end of the day it is personally rewarding.
working with people with special needs, fills my heart.
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 22, 2016
I work with disabled individuals at this time. I am drawn to this job to be closer to the care and needs of people.
My typical day at work is - fulfilling. I am amazed everyday.

I learn more from the clients- then I could ever imagine.

Our Management is knowledgeable.

I love my co-workers, even though i am older than most of them.

The hardest part of my job, is not being able to do more to help people, ex: not able to get the devices for them to obtain their needs.

I know that I am making a differnece - this is why iIstay at my current job.
Pros
I am told that i am loved everyday at work, I get and give free hugs and smiles.
Cons
Not enough money to raise my family.
Company needs to re-adjust how they work with employees
personal caregiver (Current Employee) –  Fayette, PASeptember 8, 2014
I have worked for this company for two years, and have seen how a company can go from taking care of their employees. To a company with total lack of interest in taking care of employees to the point where they are showing signs of hacking off that part of the company.
Pros
Worked around weekly schedule
Cons
could not always get ahold of office
Rewarding and excellent resume builder
Independent Services Support (Current Employee) –  Washington, PANovember 27, 2012
A typical day is spent with an autistic client completing every day tasks that are taken for granted by the population without a mental handicap. Client needs to be taught how to care for themselves, such as how to shower, use the restroom, prepare food, communicate effectively, participate in self enjoyment, and much more. The hardest part of the job is that it is a field that has a lot of burn out.

Want to know more about Pathways of Southwestern Pennsylvania?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pathways of Southwestern Pennsylvania. Our community is ready to answer.

Pathways of Southwestern Pennsylvania Reviews by Location