Patient Account Services Employee Reviews

Its like being in high school again
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAAugust 17, 2019
The doctor constantly yells at employees, the staff talks about each other like they are back in high school. It is just a hostile work environment. Also no appreciation for what the employees do to help the office and patients.
Not what i applied for
Payment Processor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2019
I had applied for a position in insurance verification but was placed in the collections department. This office is the very definition of micromanagement and poor customer service. They lack humanity when making calls to collect and train you to be very cold but "polite". I quit the first chance I got because I didn't want to be associated with them. Also, 70% of the employees smoked so the office always stank.
N/a
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 3, 2018
N/A I don't have anything to say about this but indeed is requiring I fill this out to move forward to the next page. Micromanaged, very strict, little flexibility.
not good place to advance
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2018
if your not into playing the social game then don't count on advancing. if you're a good worker they will try to work you to death. but if you smile in the supervisor's face and gossip. your life would be a lot easier
Pros
easy onboarding process
Cons
place sucks
Very unprofessional environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2018
I appreciate the experience I gained from working there but it was the most unprofessional place of employment I experienced. Any changes the company made was received by the team lead or manager yelling ir across the floor. Management displayed unprofessional tactics on the floor.
Would not recommend
Senior Billing Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77040April 3, 2018
I worked there and would not recommend them to anyone. The management was poor and very unprofessional. I am not certain if anything has changed now since most of the management team was fired. I remember getting a 10 minute break and constantly working through lunch while management provide lunch.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Unprofessional, No breaks and stressful
unorganized
BILLING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 2, 2018
staff is very friendly however the manager fires people everyday and is unorganized. not helpful and unprofessional. Had fights with a couple of people.
Cons
breaks are 5 minutes 2 times a week working a full week 40 hours
This is a horrible company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2018
The people that work there have their favorites. They expect you to work constantly. I would not suggest anyone get a job there unless
your just in between jobs. Trust me keep looking for something else
Pros
You have a job.
Cons
Everything else
Its a Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2017
Its really busy and its too much work for too little money. The customers you have to deal with are rude. The breaks are unrealistic, 10 mins only. Very draining. If someone was just needing work then I would suggest it until they find something else. The way the customers are allowed to speak to you any kind of way. The leads are helpful and the trainers are as well but once you get on the floor its very busy and still alot to learn. You have to wait 90 days for insurance benefits to begin. They give out bonuses after you've been there 90 days based on quality, attendace, production. They give two annuall bonuses in June and Dec but its so taxed along with the monthly bonuses.
Cons
Short Breaks, Training isnt long enough
Love my job and working environment.
Rep Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77040August 23, 2017
This is a great company to work for, good incentives and teamwork. Excellent teamlead, supervisor and management directives. Have no other comments but the best.
Positive, high energy ,work environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2017
Taking inbound calls from patients concerning doctor and hospital bills. I learned different systems such as Epic. Management was great and eager to teach ..hardest part of job is taking 80 calls a day but that's only if you you are not familiar with systems.. most enjoyable part was the cash incentives.
Pros
Cash Incentives
Cons
Productive and very professional work place
Patient Access Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Pinehurst, NCJanuary 12, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and greeting the patients that come into the office and working with my co-workers.
I have learned about the different types of healthcare insurances, how to schedule a patient, how to put a note in a patient's chart, how to send the doctor's task on a patient.
A typical day at work for me is greeting and checking in the patients for today, verifying insurance, collecting copays on patients if they have one, calling new patient that our office got referrals on to schedule the patients, send letters out to patients about there appointments, answering phone calls, and sending task to doctor's about patients.