Patient First Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Place to Work
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 18, 2018
I loved working at Patient First. It was a second job. I had to promise to work two weekends/ month. Working fulltime M-F at another job and having to promise to work every other weekend at PF, overtime became too much for me.
Pros
Cleanest, MOST orgnized working environment I have ever been in. Friendly helpful staff.
Cons
Having to work every other weekend
Amazing company to gain experience
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 16, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company. They helped me grow as LAB TECH and always worked with me with my school schedule because I was a full-time student. I would recommend anyone who wants to make good money but you will be expected to help all over the clinic not just your perspective job. This job isn't one where you will just only do you job. You are meticulously trained and will need to work very hard. So if thats not you, don't join the PATIENT FIRST family. I did climb the ladder and they did give promotions if you are hard working and give your all.
Pros
Great experience, flexible hours, amazing staff & friendly CEO
Cons
short breaks, extremely busy & seldom lunch breaks
great company to work for
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJuly 2, 2018
All employees are pleasant, professional and caring. They really make you feel welcome in a new environment. Patient First is is a fast growing company and has fantastic benefits for employees
Good start only leads to dissapointing stay.
Treatment Area (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 31, 2018
Some providers are rude and it’s acceptable. People get away with things that are not okay, if you are “friends” with management. I loved my position, but environment with some coworkers made it less positive. My entire process of leaving the company was worse. They care too much about drama and less about fixing situations to make the center a better place.
Pros
Patient interaction, Able to learn new skills, Pay is well, Double Pay on Holidays
Cons
No breaks garaunteed, management does not take things seriously, negativity, too focused on drama, coworkers do not get along, no set schedule
Was a great place to work
Patient Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 22, 2018
I loved working for Patients First when Brian Webb owned them, getting to know that patients and their family's was one of my favorite parts of the job. I enjoyed helping the patients in their time of need. My coworkers and I always got along great and worked together as one team.
Pros
Team togetherness, new and consistent patients everyday, lunches from reps
Cons
New owners and Healthcare options for employees
Phlebotomist
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAMay 19, 2018
My externship and later volunteering eventually landed me a position. I was eager to learn all I could, so I put my best foot forward. It paid off because now I am a skilled and knowledgeable phlebotomist and enjoy working in the field.
Pros
Learning new concepts and skills.
Cons
Not enough work time
Productive and busy office
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 11, 2018
The CEO was a great guy. He sold the company and many of the long term employees left shortly after. The entire staff worked hard to ensure the patients were pleased.
Pros
Productive and family oriented
Cons
Few raises
Requires an ability to multi-task.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDMay 11, 2018
Between Greeting patients, registering patients, answering phones, discharging patients, maintaining accuracy, all of this has to be done efficiently and accurately. This requires the ability to multi-task.
Fast paced walk in clinic
Urgent/primary Care (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDApril 25, 2018
Busy clinic. Never know if you'll see 10 patients per day or 30. Sometimes understaffed. It is nice though to have a lab and radiology suite in the clinic.
I am neutral
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 24, 2018
Working here is okay. It definitely has it's pros and cons. Not a place I could see myself working at indefinitely. It is more like a stepping stone job.
fast paced work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 18, 2018
while with the company we have seen between 70 to 80 patients per shift at times. But during my tenure I have learned how to do code drill, learned the EMR system, finger sticks, place IV'S, as well as properly sterilize for surgical procedures. I also learned how to scan and file documents into a patients medical records obtained a certification in BLS, CPR and performed DOT drug screens as well as non DOT drug screens. We handled in house x-rays, lab work, and anything else to ensure the patient was well taken care of at all times.
Pros
interacting with all of the nurses and physicians, giving impeccable patient care
Cons
sometimes not having enough associates during peak seasons
stressful, management is rude
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 18, 2018
Job can become very stressful, due to all the changes that are taking place. Some insurance are accepted and some is not. Management is very rude. They expect a lot from their workers but does not speak to them or choose certain ones to speak to. Working 12 hours straight without a break.
Good environment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAApril 11, 2018
Part time was good but a full time job would be tough in that environment. A lot of management issues and many who do not get along with one another which causes to much workplace drama. Team atmosphere works better for me.
Work hours-unknown/lack of lunch break
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDApril 7, 2018
This company is conveniently located all around Maryland. However, work hours are not stable. You may be scheduled to work 7 hours in the morning, and more than 10 hours in the evening. Staff are not allowed to have a designated shift. You have to work both morning and evenings. Evenings are harder because it is the busiest, no telling when you will get off. Lunch breaks are not designated, you have to take a bite to eat when you can.
Pros
Inservices to renew BLS, Acls, Pals, flexible
Cons
Lack of lunch break, undesignated shifts
Nothing at this time
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAApril 6, 2018
I do not have any additional feedback at this time. I am filling this out as a prerequisite to upload my resume on Indeed. Patient First is competitive with other healthcare providers.
good place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 5, 2018
Arrive at center at 0745AM, open center at 0800, assist doctor as needed,obtain medications as needed, update patient status in computer, discharge patient from computer once they have left center.
Pros
get paid lunch
Cons
have to work weekends and holidays, if busy do not get lunch.
nice
Medical Billing and Coding Extern (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMarch 28, 2018
Was a nice work place. People were helpful when needed to ask questions. Trained well. Team players. Was only there for a internship but was never treated like it.
Productive and patient-friendly workplace.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAMarch 13, 2018
A typical day would be fast-paced and productive. There I've learned more about assisting Dr.'s throughout their procedures, autoclaving instruments, registering and billing patients accounts, as well as triaging and caring for all patient needs. In my opinion, management could be more professional and organized but it overall decent. The hardest part of the job for me is my empathetic and emotional attachment to my patients and their different health needs/incidents. The most enjoyable part of the job is always the smile and assurance we bring patients with helping their many concerns and injuries.
Pros
Great hospitality from patients.
Cons
Short breaks, and unprofessional work attitudes and ethics.
Great Experience from start to finish
Director of Physician Relations (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 12, 2018
So thankful for 24 years with this organization! The medical staff, physicians and Physician Relations Department are awesome! The variety of the job was exciting and offered growth.
Fast paced, busy work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMarch 9, 2018
Patient First is a fast paced, busy work place, with always something to do. Most days its hit the ground running as soon as the doors open at 8am without a break sometimes till you leave either at 3pm unless you're doing a double and working till 10pm. They see patients of all ages from babies to the elderly for all reasons from the common cold to broken bones and needing stitches.
Cons
no time for breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patient First. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight