Patient First
71Above average

Patient First Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA17 reviews
ice-cream week; massage service provide to employees
Salary and work are not matching. Employee has to work vary positions which are not related to their career. For example, a Med Technologist has to perform job duties as a Medical Assistant including taking vitals, medical notes, heart rates, etc., and even has to be a part-time engineer maintenance to check around building after hours to see if any lights out or any damage of building to make sure building in good shape. Patients come to Patient First with fully care and respect, but employees are treated poorly. Salary is too low comparing to the work load of employee. It is a waste of time and money in training process provide to employees for somethings which is not related to work position.
Pros
applied low technology, build up multi-tasking skills for employees
Cons
low salary, poorly treat
Administration values its workforce
PF is very structured which makes it easier to learn, grow and do your job. The company does not pay market value for your qualifications. Center management often does not treat staff well. Most centers have a high turnover.
Pros
Flexibility to work at multiple locations or to transfer.
Cons
You may not leave the building during a shift.
I miss it!
This was the greatest job I ever had, and I hope to return. I had to resign after a few years due to a big family change.
Great pay. Paid time off. Paid, thorough training. Family like environment. Absolutely amazing place to work.
Love working here
I had 4 job interviews with standard/basic interview questions. The process of interviewing to hiring took about 2+ months. People interviewing me were really nice. The pay is excellent. The training personal is amazing. They teach you everything. The requirement for part-time is to work 2 weekends out of 4 in a month. I wasnt able to do saturday/sunday because of school schedule. They worked with me and my schedule so I could come in every sundays instead of every other saturday/sunday. I had no experience prior to becoming a medical assistant but their training was really good. People/staff members there are always nice and willing to help you a lot.
Its just an ok place to work.
The expected work and the pay is no equal. It is expected that you do jobs that you were not hired to do and everyone has someone else there that can help them except you.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
excellent team work and working hard for patient satisfaction.
The centers allow patients to walk in and receive diagnosis and treatments for common symptoms and ailments that can receive outpatient care without an appointment.
Working at patient first is interesting ,co-workers helping each other and working hard everyday 8 am to 10 pm throughout the year,
Fair
Patient First is a great organization. However, on-site management needs continuous management training. No lunch breaks and your schedule is subject to change without your permission.
Pros
great company
Cons
no lunch breaks, very poor on-site management
Patient First is a great employer to work for.
Patient First is open everyday 8am to 10pm and provides a very flexible schedule for their employees. Patient First treats their employees very well and I would recommend this employer to a friend.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Not enough room for growth
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Patient First?
great company to work for
All employees are pleasant, professional and caring. They really make you feel welcome in a new environment. Patient First is is a fast growing company and has fantastic benefits for employees
fast paced work environment
while with the company we have seen between 70 to 80 patients per shift at times. But during my tenure I have learned how to do code drill, learned the EMR system, finger sticks, place IV'S, as well as properly sterilize for surgical procedures. I also learned how to scan and file documents into a patients medical records obtained a certification in BLS, CPR and performed DOT drug screens as well as non DOT drug screens. We handled in house x-rays, lab work, and anything else to ensure the patient was well taken care of at all times.
Pros
interacting with all of the nurses and physicians, giving impeccable patient care
Cons
sometimes not having enough associates during peak seasons
Fun, relaxed, yet upbeat workplace enviornment
Working at Patient First was very enjoyable and the only reason I decided to move on was to be compensated for my degree. Expectations are very clear and the work environment was stress-free. Would definitely recommend Patient First as an employer
Pros
Alternating shifts, Holiday pay, family-like staff
Cons
non-competitive pay
fun place to work
Everyone is very friendly and genuine. People are helpful and supportive I learned a great deal working here. I love my boss and all the doctors. They treat you well.
Great job
It provides an excellent work environment for those who are looking for an entry level position into the healthcare field. Highly recommend Patient First as a starting position.
well structured company
This company has an amazing training department that devotes an entire month to just training a new hire to Patient First ways. Employees throughout the company love their jobs and are compensated very well for their time. Motivated managers are always available to help patients and staff members.
Pros
Free lunches, discount healthcare for employees and families
Cons
Weekend work mandatory however is compensated
Wonderful Experience
Loved working at Patient First. Loved being fast pace and enjoyed working with the company. People we amazing and always helped when you needed it.
Fun place to work!
Very good place to work and have fun. Opportunity to grown and learn. Overall had a good experience here.
Certified Medical Assistant
A typical day at work consists of maintaining a clean work environment, making sure the examine rooms are stocked and changing the exam table paper. Triaging patients, maintaining their vitals and inputting the information into their EMR. Ordering specific tests based on the patients complaints. Performing EKG's and Phlebotomy based on the labs needs.

I received my current position after completing 165 hours of externship.

My DMS is very dependable and easy to talk to about any situation that may arise. My co-workers are very nice and helpful.

The hardest part of my job is making sure that all of the information is correct and accurate, and suits the Medical Directors needs.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the patients. Getting to meet and care for patients with compassion.