Patient First Employee Reviews

fast paced work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 18, 2018
while with the company we have seen between 70 to 80 patients per shift at times. But during my tenure I have learned how to do code drill, learned the EMR system, finger sticks, place IV'S, as well as properly sterilize for surgical procedures. I also learned how to scan and file documents into a patients medical records obtained a certification in BLS, CPR and performed DOT drug screens as well as non DOT drug screens. We handled in house x-rays, lab work, and anything else to ensure the patient was well taken care of at all times.
Pros
interacting with all of the nurses and physicians, giving impeccable patient care
Cons
sometimes not having enough associates during peak seasons
Good environment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAApril 11, 2018
Part time was good but a full time job would be tough in that environment. A lot of management issues and many who do not get along with one another which causes to much workplace drama. Team atmosphere works better for me.
Work hours-unknown/lack of lunch break
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDApril 7, 2018
This company is conveniently located all around Maryland. However, work hours are not stable. You may be scheduled to work 7 hours in the morning, and more than 10 hours in the evening. Staff are not allowed to have a designated shift. You have to work both morning and evenings. Evenings are harder because it is the busiest, no telling when you will get off. Lunch breaks are not designated, you have to take a bite to eat when you can.
Pros
Inservices to renew BLS, Acls, Pals, flexible
Cons
Lack of lunch break, undesignated shifts
Nothing at this time
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAApril 6, 2018
I do not have any additional feedback at this time. I am filling this out as a prerequisite to upload my resume on Indeed. Patient First is competitive with other healthcare providers.
good place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 5, 2018
Arrive at center at 0745AM, open center at 0800, assist doctor as needed,obtain medications as needed, update patient status in computer, discharge patient from computer once they have left center.
Pros
get paid lunch
Cons
have to work weekends and holidays, if busy do not get lunch.
nice
Medical Billing and Coding Extern (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMarch 28, 2018
Was a nice work place. People were helpful when needed to ask questions. Trained well. Team players. Was only there for a internship but was never treated like it.
Productive and patient-friendly workplace.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAMarch 13, 2018
A typical day would be fast-paced and productive. There I've learned more about assisting Dr.'s throughout their procedures, autoclaving instruments, registering and billing patients accounts, as well as triaging and caring for all patient needs. In my opinion, management could be more professional and organized but it overall decent. The hardest part of the job for me is my empathetic and emotional attachment to my patients and their different health needs/incidents. The most enjoyable part of the job is always the smile and assurance we bring patients with helping their many concerns and injuries.
Pros
Great hospitality from patients.
Cons
Short breaks, and unprofessional work attitudes and ethics.
Great Experience from start to finish
Director of Physician Relations (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 12, 2018
So thankful for 24 years with this organization! The medical staff, physicians and Physician Relations Department are awesome! The variety of the job was exciting and offered growth.
Fast paced, busy work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMarch 9, 2018
Patient First is a fast paced, busy work place, with always something to do. Most days its hit the ground running as soon as the doors open at 8am without a break sometimes till you leave either at 3pm unless you're doing a double and working till 10pm. They see patients of all ages from babies to the elderly for all reasons from the common cold to broken bones and needing stitches.
Cons
no time for breaks
Do not feel comfortable stating
Do not feel comfortable stating (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAFebruary 22, 2018
Patient First started as a family oriented company. Unfortunately, it has grown too large too fast to continue this type of environment although it strives to do so. I do not feel comfortable stating anymore that may give my current positio away at this time.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Confidence in management

Want to know more about Patient First?

Ask a question
Productive fun, friendly enviroment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 19, 2018
I love the medical field and taking care of people
everyday was different and I enjoyed every day working there.
I learned a lot at this job, I'm very good at phlebotomy.
I can get any vein that most tech's can not.
Pros
patients
Excellent company
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Delran, NJFebruary 15, 2018
Good company management at center level needs help. Benefits are great room for advancement and great coworkers. Full time employees work too many nights. Part timers have the schedule advantage.
Pros
Friendly company
Cons
Poor management
Overall, Patient First was a nice outpatient clinic to work at.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJanuary 29, 2018
The only problem was they opened too many clinics in the same area then the patient census decreased. They started to decrease the number of RNs working per shift.
Pros
Nice co-workers.
Cons
Computer system outdated.
I love working here
Medical Records (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJanuary 19, 2018
This is a great company to work for be cause they really value and take care of their employees. The opportunity for advancement is great as well because there is no time limit on how long you have to be with the company before you can move up. If I had to choose a downside I would have to say that its the fact that it takes them forever to hire and fire people. I was told that they reason it takes them so long is because "they invest in their people". I think its great, but when you have people continuously doing dumb things, dragging down a whole team you just need to let them go. Other than that its an amazing company with excellent job security
Patient First
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23454January 10, 2018
This was not a bad company to work for. This was a short term employment for me while I decided what I wanted to and go to college. For the most part, the supervisors were pretty good and the pay and benefits were fair.
Positive Overall Review
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VA 23666January 10, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company and with the staff at the Hampton Clinic. I feel the company provided me adequate training. I received ongoing training as well. My managers were very personable and helpful.
Work Life
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VADecember 17, 2017
As an Intern, its very much like you're an actual employee. You do almost all the things employees do. Have to be a strong person, some Doctors will treat you differently, other Doctors are very nice.
Great working enviroment
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDDecember 6, 2017
Productive and nice place to work with flexible hours to work.
Excellent job for students as they are willing to work with your schedule and they might even pay for your education if you decide to take a course in the medical field.
poor training program
Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 29, 2017
Poor training program, training happened in multiple locations including the administrative offices, changes in location could happen with a phone call or text! DOS based medical/legal documentation, very old!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor training program
Very busy and hard on your back and feet
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lutherville-Timonium, MDNovember 24, 2017
Too many clicks, unfair to miniorties and nurses and doctors are treated like Kings and Queens. Lots of office snicks or back stabbing. Management is a joke. Favorite are most likely talking about you and telling management every little thing that you do.
Pros
Free parking, free coffee, free holiday meals, triple time on holidays i
Cons
15-20 break if you get any at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patient First. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight