Patient First Employee Reviews

Nice busy place
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Ridge, VAJanuary 10, 2019
♣ Escorting patients to the treatment area
♣ Triaging patients, including obtaining vital signs by visual and auditory measures
♣ Sterilizing and setting up instruments
♣ Assisting nurses and physicians with various patient treatment
♣ Restocking treatment area
♣ Notifying nurse or physician when patient is ready for exam
♣ Maintaining cleanliness in treatment rooms
♣ Registering patients
♣ Providing positive, warm and friendly customer care
♣ Fostering teamwork and a positive , professional atmosphere
Enjoyable work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 5, 2019
Patient First is a good company. I learned a lot from the urgent care setting. The doctors and providers are fun to work with along with the staff. I enjoyed my job.
Pros
Opportunity to work with patients and help them
Cons
Very fast paced urgent care
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 2, 2019
At first I was very excited to work here and the bebefits were great, but I got burned out. The scedule is ridiculous and not consistent, they are always short on providers and always asking people to pick up extra shifts. No bscheduled breaks. Great for a workaholic, not for someone with a family. Over time, it wears you out. The schedule now conflicts with family life and social life.
Benefits
Cons
Hard work, burnout
OutPatient Registrar (Current Employee) –  East Norriton, PAJanuary 2, 2019
Be friendly,positive and energetic.Sympathetic to the patients. Prompt to work and flexible. Conform to guidelines for dress code and office appearance.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Must be available both shifts
Patient First
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 2, 2019
Great place to begin your radiography career. Depending on your center it can be extremely busy and at times hectic but training is very thorough leaving you well prepared.
Is this legal?
Not even sure (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHDecember 11, 2018
Cleaning around the office is done with used exam table paper.
There are items he buys (mostly broken/incomplete garbage) from online auctions stored in the drop tile ceiling.
His personal supply of oxytocin is disturbingly large.
His "head nurse" settles work place disputes by casually mentioning her concealed carry permit.
Why does he have a high school aged girl who comes in to work when the office is closing?
Pros
I see they finally revoked that license!
Cons
Everything about it.
very productive
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Abington, PANovember 29, 2018
I trained as an xray/M.A. tech for a few months they are very organized. I only trained there did not actually work as a Technologist. It seemed that I was not a great fit
Pros
structured
Cons
too much clerical
Really enjoyed working there
Medical Assisting Intern (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 14, 2018
As an intern, I was trained and treated the same as an employee. The employees were kind and helpful and welcoming. The Managers were helpful and kind as well. I received excellent instruction and training there. By the time my internship was done, I was doing many aspects of the position on my own. I was able to put my education to practical use with full confidence.
Pros
Wonderful environment, great learning experience
Cons
internship / unpaid
fun place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJNovember 6, 2018
flexible training. paid hourly wage for training. always room to expand within company. company provides training. no certifications required for front office.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
take patients until last minute they close
poor managment
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 2, 2018
This company is very unorganized and managed poorly. there is never a set schedule and there are days the Doctor doesn' t show and then i lose hours.
Great Starting Workplace
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAOctober 31, 2018
Patient first has an array of shifts from full time to specialty shifts. It really depends on the center you work at and that individual manager. Everything else is per policy.
Fast paced but enjoyable place to work
Physician Assistant-Certified (Current Employee) –  Lutherville, MDOctober 29, 2018
I work 8-14 hour shift. It is fast paced but well run organization with great support staff. The hardest part of my job is nights and weekend work. The most enjoyable part of my job is the staff is hard working and I enjoy the variety of medicine I see.
bad
RN (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 13, 2018
CEO doesn’t care about improving working conditions for employees. Computer system is DOS!!! People, who work there, are ok with all the nonsense this company has. Stay away as far as you can.
Very good organization to work for
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 3, 2018
Patient First takes care of its employees. I work in the front office. Once you learn the ropes, pretty decent job. Very fast pace, no appointments, walk ins only.
I learned a lot at Patient First but the management and the work environment are entirely too hostile.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJSeptember 28, 2018
• Triaging patients; inquiring on the nature of the visit / answering any questions in regard to their care
• Taking vital signs
• Performing minor wound care including flushing, and bandaging wounds/suture
• Performing drug screens
• Performing diagnostic tests (EKG, Peak Flow, Incentive spirometer)
• Performing lab tests (flu swab, strep swabs
• Fiberglass splinting broken or injured limbs
• Applying ace bandages, etc..
Pros
Most employees are great and supportive of one another.
Cons
No breaks, understaffed, hostile work environment at times
Busy but organized company
Physician Assistant-Urgent Care (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MDSeptember 24, 2018
Currently working part time as a physician assistant -good incentive pay overall good company. Busy but organized company. Mostly good atmosphere and pleasant people.
Worklife
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDSeptember 18, 2018
It's a very demanding job, being that it's the medical field, but very rewarding. Usually feels like a "family" within the co-workers. I've learned that you have to have tough skin, and willing to take direction as well as to be critiqued.
Pros
It's a wonderful company to work for
Cons
If you don't have an "in" sometimes it's hard to advance.
Medical Records Call Center Agent
MEDICAL RECORDS CALL CENTER AGENT (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 12, 2018
This is a great position. It is very easy to advance to other positions within the company. They prefer to promote from within. Great company culture
Pros
Call Centers are able to work from home after a while, free medical care at any Patient First Medical Center
Cons
Benefits aren't that great for medical services outside of Patient First or for a specialist visit
Reputable company, dysfunctional location
Radiologic technologist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 5, 2018
As an RT working at the colonial park center, I found that it was a good job to start out as a new Tech and learning the field from the xray standpoint. It also taught ways to become a good healthcare worker and develop a good method of establishing a patient-professional relationship. After working there about 3 years, it became very tedious and I felt like I was constantly teaching new staff because the turn-over rate was so high in each department. It became very frustrating since the management slowly diminished and never improved the way it should have.
The only place for an MT.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 25, 2018
By far, this beats working for an outsource company or in a physician's office. We never run out of work, get awesome holiday bonuses, and OT during flu season. It's not easy to get hired, but if you do, you can know you are genuinely qualified and trusted to work independently. I will never leave.
Pros
Flexible, well compensated, benefits
Cons
Learning curve for different style of transcription

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patient First. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight