Patina Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

workplace
HOSTESS / SPRING (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10020June 12, 2018
I loved working for this company! They were kind and welcoming to me, and I enjoyed the collaborative work environment. It was a fast paced environment but not stressful.
Pros
good managers
Good First job
Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  LagosMarch 20, 2018
This was a great place to start my carer because I learned a lot very quickly. All the management staff was very fun and friendly, perhaps a bit over worked at times .
comfortable and still professional
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 21, 2018
A typical day at work, your not always doing the same thing with the same people at the same times. It rotates. What I learned is communication is very important. The management is flexible and easy to talk to but yet very professional. The work culture is enjoyable and friendly place to work. The hardest part of the job is that your scheduled hours shift sometimes. its based off of the shows going on but this isnt true for everyone. The most enjoyable part is that your paid weekly on Thursdays and usually you get a complimentary meal.
Pros
free lunch, paid weekly
fast paced work environment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2018
Patina has fast paced restaurants and challenging environments. They have many steps of service that must be followed and only experienced industry leaders should apply.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
Uber Chef expectations, hard working, reward driven,
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Market Cafe at Park Place, Irvine, CaliforniaFebruary 5, 2018
PRG has high level expectations of their employees as one might expect working for Joachim Splichal. When expectations are exceeded, employees are positively rewarded.
Pros
High expectations and positive rewards. Working with and for a James Beard Award winner.
I loved working for Patina Group
Line Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA 92802January 31, 2018
I enjoyed many of the private events I was apart of, thanks to Patina. The Oscars, The Emmy's, The Grammy's, Walt Disney private events and dinners., it was awesome.
Easy place to work but not ideal.
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 23, 2018
I love what I do but the environment you work in can make it seem more like a chore than an actual job that you enjoy. Working at Patina it seems hard to be able to meet eye to eye with management. If it weren't for the friendly regulars and one very cool coworker my days would be a lot harder. I have learned a lot to improve my barista skills. Nothing is consistent and it seems like management comes up with solutions that makes everyone else job harder.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management, benefits.
On call and always a different work environment
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJanuary 22, 2018
On call position part time. Don’t really have a lot hours and the job sites are different every time. Don’t have medical benefits. Good people to work with
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Work is not steady it is on cal when needed
Good place to start
Restaurant Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 20, 2018
Good start for your career. I couldnt tell nothing good more about Patina Group. good place to start but not good place to stay. It's a large corporation which doesnt care about people.
Poorly managed.
Executive Sous Chef/Banquet Chef (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Lack of marketing skills considering we were opening a brand-new Cafe. Executive Chef was not a leader but was an egotistical bigot that lacked culinary artistry.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks, no overtime. *Illegal*

Want to know more about Patina Restaurant Group?

Ask a question
You can meet the right people.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2017
Granted you try to do your best and do better than others while not throwing anyone under the bus, you can meet some great people and work amazing jobs learning the best and newest ideas in the culinary world. The pay is really low but you do get to work with some of the best chefs in the world so it's a great place to learn and start.
Pros
high profile jobs, excellent management
Cons
low pay
exciting fast paced environment
Banquet Server/ Lead Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 27, 2017
Very fun, fast paced environment. Great tips, good pay. Beautiful events. Stressful at times. Great hospitality and multi tasking experience. Would recommend as a great part time gig.
Pros
Great tips. fun environment
Cons
Stressful days, long hours
Medium tier restaurant group
Area Beverage Director for six restaurants (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2017
I learned as much as I could. Overall, management is understaffed. It's a great place to make your way to a higher end and more competitive restaurant group.
Pros
Free lunch and internal spending $$$ for management.
Cons
No communication. Outdated systemware. Weekly inventory.
Very good
Bar back (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 1, 2017
Good and friendly people and also the tips was really good and the people that came in was kind and generous. Manager didn't help a lot but was there when we needed her and also help us when we ask her for some help.
Pros
Friendly, clean, and generous
part time job in la music center
Intermissions Bartender (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 26, 2017
4 hour shifts as an intermissions bartender. Fast paced, good tips. Easy to enable study or other endeavors while working. NOT optimal for time= money but a good fit for people who appreciate or study live performance and music.
It a very fun place to work at.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2017
At this work environment that we work every day it's a tough day every day. Because we have lots of things to do in a very short period of time. We always give our 200%.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 20, 2017
Flexible schedule and non-micromanagement. Great bosses who understand family obligations a plus! Freedom to work at your own pace as long as your work is completed. Great place to work!
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Downtown traffic
Fun Place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJune 18, 2017
I worked at the hollywood bowl during the summers for Patina and it was fast paced but very fun and busy. This was a great job and work environment. The pay was low.
Communicative and fast pace at the hostess desk.
Lead Hostess (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 12, 2017
In a typical day at the Tortilla Jo's host stand, it would typically always be busy. I learned a lot about being patient with customers and peers. There were always a lot of managers on the floor to see to any problem. Everyone is very nice and hospitable . The hardest part of the job were the weekends when there could easily be a 2 hour wait. The most enjoyable is having a friendly supportive environment.
Stressful and poorly compensated
Pastry Cook (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2017
Average Day: Work wasn't bad, pretty simple stuff on the production list.

What I learned: The fine points of a high volume pastry production.

Management: Poor. Treated workers with little respect. Advancement was awful, pay was awful, everyone was expendable.

Workplace culture: Isolated.

Hardest part of the job: Communication and speed with unfamiliar tasks. Was often thrown into the deep end with little explanation or training. Language barrier made it difficult to communicate with coworkers.

The most enjoyable part of the job: It was fun to be part of a team that made wonderful desserts.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, poor pay, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patina Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.7

1.3Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight