Patina Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

Relaxed place to work in.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2019
Whenever there is a show, it is an easy job, you just have to make sure that you have everything pre show and during the intermission. Quick and easy work as part time.
Productive and fun work place
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 1, 2019
One of the best jobs I ever had and great staff and management . I would recommend this company to anyone who's looking to work for a company they can grow and enjoy doing so.
Poor Management, poor selections.
Server (Former Employee) –  Via NapoliFebruary 20, 2019
Basically poor management, especially the one working at Via Napoli restaurant in epcot. Lot of cast member used to steal money under the manager's nose and they just pretended not to see what was going on (ridicoulous). The funny part is that they are hiring again the same people that used to steal money from the company for a second Disney International Program!!!

Please think again before hiring again people that just stole money from the company and never cared about Disney or Patina.
Pros
Free Pizza, Family Meal
Cons
Short Breaks, poor management
dedicated to the business
SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14201January 26, 2019
Business is business. They expect a lot and now with Delaware North backing them, it's become even more corporate. Patina was great to work for before Delaware North.
Pros
they have money to spend
Cons
work is your life
It’s not worth your time or energy
Administration (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 8, 2019
Not recommended. Everyone hates their job. People are ruthless here. I was discriminated against. Given minimum hours. Hostile work environment. I only worked there because it’s hard to get a job anywhere in this economy. I had friends who worked there who also didn’t enjoy it and showed up for a paycheck.
Great and fun place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 2, 2019
I enjoyed my time at Patina Restaurant Group. The company overall was fun and great to work for. Management was great and it was a creative space for every department.
It was a fun experience to meet different fans everyday and working for them again
Runner (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARDecember 16, 2018
It was ok for the most part. I really did enjoy the place of work, but the pay didn’t really help me at all. The supervision of the place was well organized
Same thing everyday
Dining Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 16, 2018
If you like to do the same thing everyday and have a set schedule with no days off then this place is for you. go in see whats happening talk to other managers, have lunch, order supplies, get ready for dinner serve and talk to guest, collect cash.
Pros
meals, team
Cons
nights, boring
Fun place
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 16, 2018
Set up for event, coordinate with kitchen and staff. Speak with client and kitchen to ensure no special request are needed. Coach and manage staff on standard procedures.
Terrible upper management
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 31, 2018
The upper management, is pretty terrible, and it reflects within the restaurant, despite how fantastic many of the people in the restaurant are.

They push the restaurant group as being chef driven by the executive chef in charge, however, the reality is that the corporate chef has a strangle hold on that. This pertains to things like menu choices, to number of staff. We were severely understaffed for months, with those of us in management having to work seriously extended hours because we were not allowed to hire enough people.

Furthermore, upper management (Those who are not within the restaurant on a daily basis), does not listen to the problems of the restaurant. We had a serious issue issue with a manager, that had gotten reported up the chain, yet it got ignored/buried, then the those of us working the restaurant felt helpless, and made the best of it. It wasn't until months later that this manager got removed for different reasons, then those of who remained got reprimanded for not doing more, despite each of us having reported to our direct supervisor.

That being said, there are many very talented people within the organization. Many of the managers, including the my direct supervisor are fantastic, they just often get handcuffed from doing what they know they need to by the upper management.

The pay is decent, especially given the city, and the vacation time is great for the hospitality industry. That being said, the review system is terrible in terms of reflection of pay. Basically, unless you are on the verge of getting fired, you get 3% annually, even
  more... if you go above and beyond, you won't get anything more.  less
Pros
Pay, vacation
Cons
Upper management
The job was exciting
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2018
Working for Patina Restaurant Group, I will not recommend. The work schedule is great(off the weekends) and there are benefits after 3 months of employment. Overall, interaction with the guests is more comfortable than being around the co workers.
Pros
Free lunches, relaxed fast paced work environment
Cons
Short breaks, no advancement within the company, management is unorganized
Great Organizations
Prep Cook, Line Cook II/III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2018
Awesome experiences, learned a lot from all that Chefs there. Amazing experience cooking for both the Golden Globes and Emmys. I wish I had took the opportunities to cook for them full time.
Patina Restaurant Group
Customer Service Cashier and line cook (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2018
I was so proud to work for Patina when I got hired almost 6 years ago. These last few years I've seen the inner workings and have lost all pride and respect for and with the company. They work employees into the ground without offering legitimate living wages. I get paid minimum wage for 2x the work and skill. I've been passed over management positions many times after big bosses have encouraged my moving up. I'm not a fan of being lied to and that's all that has happened. I only stay for the benefits.
Pros
Free lunches, health insurance discount, vacation pay
Cons
Underpaid, overworked, skipped over for promotions
Former Manager of the Epcot Italian Restaurant
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 20, 2018
I thought I was working for Disney, but it’s a third party.

1) Health benefits: All the plans given did not compare to Disney and it was expensive to cover my family. I was paying hundreds a month while other Disney managers were paying much less.
2) 42k a year with my hours worked as I was not 40 hours a week, I was making 13 dollars a hour. (Not including all the money I was paying for insurance)
3) Cut throat management. Every manager is the company wants to move up and they post for postings nationwide to make you feel like you have a chance, but with thousands of managers working nationwide, you have a very small chance.
4) Turn over rate is high in management. Thiers a posting monthly as no manager stays. Especially in my restaurant in Epcot.
5) You don’t get equal Blue ID Disney perks. They give you a different color ID. Discounts on hotels, the park, and cruises are night and day. Disney offered thier managers much higher discounts.
6) No life balance. I had to stay late nightly and I missed the most important holidays with my family.
7) The servers make much more money than the managers even during the slow season.
8) 401k matching was not even worth putting any money into it.
Bad upper Manegement
BRASSERIE - Manager/AGM (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2018
This was a huge company in NYC and one of the most well respected in the world. I would not recommend going in with out a solid plan to negotiate salary.
Pros
Big company
Cons
salary
Family Oritented Staff
Server Assistant/Busser (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 8, 2018
I worked at PRG’s Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs and let me tell you I was greatly impressed with not only the organization of the company but the family oriented feel of the staff. Everyone got along and dispute se if ever were always resolved through management with concern. My favorite thing was the family meal we had in between shifts I thought that was a key part to the communcal feel that was important to the restaurant teamwork.
Pros
Family Meal
Cons
Productive environment with support, although unorganized
Busser/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  La Cañada Flintridge, CAOctober 3, 2018
Working at Patina restaurants is fun and easy if you apply yourself. Although the company is a little unorganized they are conscious toward fixing that.
Good place
Hostess and Busser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2018
Very good company I have learn a lot from this experience and I would love to work again with this company in the future. I recommend it!!! Even if you have no experience at all
Good beginning bartender job.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 25, 2018
Potential to make decent money depending on the show.
The supervisor was great. The atmosphere is pretty relaxed. It is great to work a short shift with the potential to make good money if the show is good and you hustle.
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
weeks off with no pay due to no shows.
A great place to learn.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2018
A great place to learn and advance. Managers who will help you but you must ask for help and who will help those people, like myself, who are hard working, diligent and responsible.
Pros
Good managers, chance to grow if you're hardworking
Cons
Lazy co-employees. Hard career to advance in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patina Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight