Patina Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

Family Oritented Staff
Server Assistant/Busser (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 8, 2018
I worked at PRG’s Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs and let me tell you I was greatly impressed with not only the organization of the company but the family oriented feel of the staff. Everyone got along and dispute se if ever were always resolved through management with concern. My favorite thing was the family meal we had in between shifts I thought that was a key part to the communcal feel that was important to the restaurant teamwork.
Pros
Family Meal
Cons
Productive environment with support, although unorganized
Busser/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  La Cañada Flintridge, CAOctober 3, 2018
Working at Patina restaurants is fun and easy if you apply yourself. Although the company is a little unorganized they are conscious toward fixing that.
Good place
Hostess and Busser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2018
Very good company I have learn a lot from this experience and I would love to work again with this company in the future. I recommend it!!! Even if you have no experience at all
Good beginning bartender job.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 25, 2018
Potential to make decent money depending on the show.
The supervisor was great. The atmosphere is pretty relaxed. It is great to work a short shift with the potential to make good money if the show is good and you hustle.
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
weeks off with no pay due to no shows.
Excellent Opportunity for Aspiring Chefs
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2018
During a busy workday, the EC managed daily operations and planned for future operations. There was heavy client interaction, corporate interaction, and a good workplace culture.
The difficulties of the job were finding the best people and staying competitive as an employer in a saturated market. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching others grow and find success as they began to find themselves in the job
Pros
Good pay, benefits, culture
Cons
Extremely high level of client expectation, even for more casual venues
No Managment
Bartender and Server (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 29, 2018
No Gm or Managment for months. Managers were borrowed from other restaurants. High turn over. Under trained staff. Very mean kitchen staff. Temp in trained management from other restaurants short term. House pooling of tips with little explanation.
Pros
Very few
Cons
Lack of structure
A great first job, but managers weren’t at the level they should be.
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJune 29, 2018
I worked at Arvest Ballpark for Patina Restaurant group for about 1 month before I had to relocate so I could be closer to home. I thoroughly enjoyed working there, but didn’t get consistent hours. You only worked when there where baseballs games, so some weeks you worked much more than others. I recommend this as a first time job, since you aren’t overwhelmed. My only real problem was that the managers weren’t polite when handling their employees, and the leads in each stand often didn’t know how to do many things, or fix reoccurring problems. I would recommend this job to somebody looking for a side job, or a first job.
Pros
Job security is very high
Cons
Under qualified leads
workplace
HOSTESS / SPRING (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10020June 12, 2018
I loved working for this company! They were kind and welcoming to me, and I enjoyed the collaborative work environment. It was a fast paced environment but not stressful.
Pros
good managers
Very Fast Passed, very rarely got a break from working.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 13, 2018
The work environment is extremely fast paced, hot, and dangerous if you don’t have the correct work-ware on. I rarely got the chance to take breaks, and if I did take a break things would get out of control. The management between work spaces was also very unprofessional.
Pros
Free Work Meal
Cons
Short, to no breaks at all.
Good First job
Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  LagosMarch 20, 2018
This was a great place to start my carer because I learned a lot very quickly. All the management staff was very fun and friendly, perhaps a bit over worked at times .
comfortable and still professional
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 21, 2018
A typical day at work, your not always doing the same thing with the same people at the same times. It rotates. What I learned is communication is very important. The management is flexible and easy to talk to but yet very professional. The work culture is enjoyable and friendly place to work. The hardest part of the job is that your scheduled hours shift sometimes. its based off of the shows going on but this isnt true for everyone. The most enjoyable part is that your paid weekly on Thursdays and usually you get a complimentary meal.
Pros
free lunch, paid weekly
fast paced work environment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2018
Patina has fast paced restaurants and challenging environments. They have many steps of service that must be followed and only experienced industry leaders should apply.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
Uber Chef expectations, hard working, reward driven,
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Market Cafe at Park Place, Irvine, CaliforniaFebruary 5, 2018
PRG has high level expectations of their employees as one might expect working for Joachim Splichal. When expectations are exceeded, employees are positively rewarded.
Pros
High expectations and positive rewards. Working with and for a James Beard Award winner.
I loved working for Patina Group
Line Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA 92802January 31, 2018
I enjoyed many of the private events I was apart of, thanks to Patina. The Oscars, The Emmy's, The Grammy's, Walt Disney private events and dinners., it was awesome.
Easy place to work but not ideal.
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 23, 2018
I love what I do but the environment you work in can make it seem more like a chore than an actual job that you enjoy. Working at Patina it seems hard to be able to meet eye to eye with management. If it weren't for the friendly regulars and one very cool coworker my days would be a lot harder. I have learned a lot to improve my barista skills. Nothing is consistent and it seems like management comes up with solutions that makes everyone else job harder.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management, benefits.
On call and always a different work environment
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJanuary 22, 2018
On call position part time. Don’t really have a lot hours and the job sites are different every time. Don’t have medical benefits. Good people to work with
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Work is not steady it is on cal when needed
Good place to start
Restaurant Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 20, 2018
Good start for your career. I couldnt tell nothing good more about Patina Group. good place to start but not good place to stay. It's a large corporation which doesnt care about people.
Poorly managed.
Executive Sous Chef/Banquet Chef (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Lack of marketing skills considering we were opening a brand-new Cafe. Executive Chef was not a leader but was an egotistical bigot that lacked culinary artistry.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks, no overtime. *Illegal*
You can meet the right people.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2017
Granted you try to do your best and do better than others while not throwing anyone under the bus, you can meet some great people and work amazing jobs learning the best and newest ideas in the culinary world. The pay is really low but you do get to work with some of the best chefs in the world so it's a great place to learn and start.
Pros
high profile jobs, excellent management
Cons
low pay
exciting fast paced environment
Banquet Server/ Lead Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 27, 2017
Very fun, fast paced environment. Great tips, good pay. Beautiful events. Stressful at times. Great hospitality and multi tasking experience. Would recommend as a great part time gig.
Pros
Great tips. fun environment
Cons
Stressful days, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patina Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.2Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight