Patina Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

Same thing everyday
Dining Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 16, 2018
If you like to do the same thing everyday and have a set schedule with no days off then this place is for you. go in see whats happening talk to other managers, have lunch, order supplies, get ready for dinner serve and talk to guest, collect cash.
Pros
meals, team
Cons
nights, boring
Fun place
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 16, 2018
Set up for event, coordinate with kitchen and staff. Speak with client and kitchen to ensure no special request are needed. Coach and manage staff on standard procedures.
Terrible upper management
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 31, 2018
The upper management, is pretty terrible, and it reflects within the restaurant, despite how fantastic many of the people in the restaurant are.

They push the restaurant group as being chef driven by the executive chef in charge, however, the reality is that the corporate chef has a strangle hold on that. This pertains to things like menu choices, to number of staff. We were severely understaffed for months, with those of us in management having to work seriously extended hours because we were not allowed to hire enough people.

Furthermore, upper management (Those who are not within the restaurant on a daily basis), does not listen to the problems of the restaurant. We had a serious issue issue with a manager, that had gotten reported up the chain, yet it got ignored/buried, then the those of us working the restaurant felt helpless, and made the best of it. It wasn't until months later that this manager got removed for different reasons, then those of who remained got reprimanded for not doing more, despite each of us having reported to our direct supervisor.

That being said, there are many very talented people within the organization. Many of the managers, including the my direct supervisor are fantastic, they just often get handcuffed from doing what they know they need to by the upper management.

The pay is decent, especially given the city, and the vacation time is great for the hospitality industry. That being said, the review system is terrible in terms of reflection of pay. Basically, unless you are on the verge of getting fired, you get 3% annually, even
  more... if you go above and beyond, you won't get anything more.  less
Pros
Pay, vacation
Cons
Upper management
Great Organizations
Prep Cook, Line Cook II/III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2018
Awesome experiences, learned a lot from all that Chefs there. Amazing experience cooking for both the Golden Globes and Emmys. I wish I had took the opportunities to cook for them full time.
Patina Restaurant Group
Customer Service Cashier and line cook (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2018
I was so proud to work for Patina when I got hired almost 6 years ago. These last few years I've seen the inner workings and have lost all pride and respect for and with the company. They work employees into the ground without offering legitimate living wages. I get paid minimum wage for 2x the work and skill. I've been passed over management positions many times after big bosses have encouraged my moving up. I'm not a fan of being lied to and that's all that has happened. I only stay for the benefits.
Pros
Free lunches, health insurance discount, vacation pay
Cons
Underpaid, overworked, skipped over for promotions
Former Manager of the Epcot Italian Restaurant
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 20, 2018
I thought I was working for Disney, but it’s a third party.

1) Health benefits: All the plans given did not compare to Disney and it was expensive to cover my family. I was paying hundreds a month while other Disney managers were paying much less.
2) 42k a year with my hours worked as I was not 40 hours a week, I was making 13 dollars a hour. (Not including all the money I was paying for insurance)
3) Cut throat management. Every manager is the company wants to move up and they post for postings nationwide to make you feel like you have a chance, but with thousands of managers working nationwide, you have a very small chance.
4) Turn over rate is high in management. Thiers a posting monthly as no manager stays. Especially in my restaurant in Epcot.
5) You don’t get equal Blue ID Disney perks. They give you a different color ID. Discounts on hotels, the park, and cruises are night and day. Disney offered thier managers much higher discounts.
6) No life balance. I had to stay late nightly and I missed the most important holidays with my family.
7) The servers make much more money than the managers even during the slow season.
8) 401k matching was not even worth putting any money into it.
Bad upper Manegement
BRASSERIE - Manager/AGM (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2018
This was a huge company in NYC and one of the most well respected in the world. I would not recommend going in with out a solid plan to negotiate salary.
Pros
Big company
Cons
salary
Family Oritented Staff
Server Assistant/Busser (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 8, 2018
I worked at PRG’s Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs and let me tell you I was greatly impressed with not only the organization of the company but the family oriented feel of the staff. Everyone got along and dispute se if ever were always resolved through management with concern. My favorite thing was the family meal we had in between shifts I thought that was a key part to the communcal feel that was important to the restaurant teamwork.
Pros
Family Meal
Cons
Productive environment with support, although unorganized
Busser/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  La Cañada Flintridge, CAOctober 3, 2018
Working at Patina restaurants is fun and easy if you apply yourself. Although the company is a little unorganized they are conscious toward fixing that.
Good place
Hostess and Busser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2018
Very good company I have learn a lot from this experience and I would love to work again with this company in the future. I recommend it!!! Even if you have no experience at all
Good beginning bartender job.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 25, 2018
Potential to make decent money depending on the show.
The supervisor was great. The atmosphere is pretty relaxed. It is great to work a short shift with the potential to make good money if the show is good and you hustle.
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
weeks off with no pay due to no shows.
Excellent Opportunity for Aspiring Chefs
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2018
During a busy workday, the EC managed daily operations and planned for future operations. There was heavy client interaction, corporate interaction, and a good workplace culture.
The difficulties of the job were finding the best people and staying competitive as an employer in a saturated market. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching others grow and find success as they began to find themselves in the job
Pros
Good pay, benefits, culture
Cons
Extremely high level of client expectation, even for more casual venues
No Managment
Bartender and Server (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 29, 2018
No Gm or Managment for months. Managers were borrowed from other restaurants. High turn over. Under trained staff. Very mean kitchen staff. Temp in trained management from other restaurants short term. House pooling of tips with little explanation.
Pros
Very few
Cons
Lack of structure
A great first job, but managers weren’t at the level they should be.
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJune 29, 2018
I worked at Arvest Ballpark for Patina Restaurant group for about 1 month before I had to relocate so I could be closer to home. I thoroughly enjoyed working there, but didn’t get consistent hours. You only worked when there where baseballs games, so some weeks you worked much more than others. I recommend this as a first time job, since you aren’t overwhelmed. My only real problem was that the managers weren’t polite when handling their employees, and the leads in each stand often didn’t know how to do many things, or fix reoccurring problems. I would recommend this job to somebody looking for a side job, or a first job.
Pros
Job security is very high
Cons
Under qualified leads
workplace
HOSTESS / SPRING (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10020June 12, 2018
I loved working for this company! They were kind and welcoming to me, and I enjoyed the collaborative work environment. It was a fast paced environment but not stressful.
Pros
good managers
Very Fast Passed, very rarely got a break from working.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 13, 2018
The work environment is extremely fast paced, hot, and dangerous if you don’t have the correct work-ware on. I rarely got the chance to take breaks, and if I did take a break things would get out of control. The management between work spaces was also very unprofessional.
Pros
Free Work Meal
Cons
Short, to no breaks at all.
Good First job
Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  LagosMarch 20, 2018
This was a great place to start my carer because I learned a lot very quickly. All the management staff was very fun and friendly, perhaps a bit over worked at times .
comfortable and still professional
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 21, 2018
A typical day at work, your not always doing the same thing with the same people at the same times. It rotates. What I learned is communication is very important. The management is flexible and easy to talk to but yet very professional. The work culture is enjoyable and friendly place to work. The hardest part of the job is that your scheduled hours shift sometimes. its based off of the shows going on but this isnt true for everyone. The most enjoyable part is that your paid weekly on Thursdays and usually you get a complimentary meal.
Pros
free lunch, paid weekly
fast paced work environment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2018
Patina has fast paced restaurants and challenging environments. They have many steps of service that must be followed and only experienced industry leaders should apply.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
Uber Chef expectations, hard working, reward driven,
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Market Cafe at Park Place, Irvine, CaliforniaFebruary 5, 2018
PRG has high level expectations of their employees as one might expect working for Joachim Splichal. When expectations are exceeded, employees are positively rewarded.
Pros
High expectations and positive rewards. Working with and for a James Beard Award winner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patina Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.2Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight