Patrick's Pet Care Employee Reviews

3.0Pay & Benefits
2.5Job Security & Advancement
Great Work Experience!
Manager/Dog Day Care Attendant/Walker/Pet Sitter (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 5, 2018
I worked at Patrick's Pet Care almost three years and I loved it! I started out as a dog walker then was promoted to doggy day care attendant and then cat hotel manager. I also did overnight pet sits so I've experienced every "department"at PPC. It's been really good to see this small business grow every year. I've witnessed first hand how hard everyone works to ensure the safety and well-being of each pet.

Dog walking- You will get in shape! This is a great position for people who can multi-task and problem solve on the go. Love for animals is an obvious must. Being able to ride a bike and handle multiple dogs amongst city distractions (cars, skateboarders, other pups etc.) is even better. Attention to detail is key. Clients love their daily updates so try to get creative and make their day. Don't worry, you'll shadow and train with an experienced walker before you start :)

Dog Day Care Attendant-I loved working at the small dog daycare. The pups go out twice a day then eat lunch around 12. Clients can also watch their pup via webcam. I loooooved seeing how excited each pup was to be at daycare. You have to be able to focus on administrative tasks while surrounded by dogs BUT you can take a "puppy break" any time you want.

Team meetings are either held at the daycare or the office. Bagels, donuts, and a furry friend are provided. * This is when you'll see most of your coworkers. The company also hosts occasional happy hours, which are fun.

Patrick is a exceptional CEO who leads by example. I've watched him go above and beyond to meet the needs of his clients
  more... and their pets. He's not above pitching in to walk a few dogs or staying late to assist his staff. He really cares about his employees and worked with me to reach my professional goals. As a black woman, I never felt uncomfortable voicing my concerns to him or any member of the management team.

The most challenging part of the job usually pertains to the weather. Biking in the rain and working with animals that dislike the rain can be tricky/make you run behind schedule. But then you get a cute puppy on your route and it definitely makes up for that.

My Favorite part of the job has been working with all the animals and their families. I still have lots of pictures of my "fur-babies" on my laptop and cards from their parents. I also appreciate how big attention detail is at PPC. Triple-checking everything from collars and harnesses, to medication and food instructions is top priority.

I'd work here again in a heartbeat.

Hands Down I would Trust Patrick's Pet Care to look after my pet!
You should too!!!
Pros
-animals -lively work environment - friendly co-workers -customer tips
Cons
-inclement weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patrick's Pet Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

5.0InHerSight Score

5.0Personal Development

5.0Career Opportunities

5.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Patrick's Pet Care Reviews by Job Title