Patriot Outfitters Employee Reviews

Hot and cold
Manager (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLNovember 2, 2017
Some days were stressful, others boring...somedays were VERY busy and others, not-so-much. We were continually having turn-over problems due to low starting pay for PT associates. This situation eased once Corporate was able to see the problem and raise the starting salary.
The workplace culture was "like family"...Patriot Outfitters was a family owned business (recently acquired by Gall's Corp.). The company operates 24 stores from the HQ in St Mary's KS. The downside to this is, advancement...once you become a Manager at a store, you have reached the top of the scale because you aren't 'family'.
Great Company Always takes care of our service members
Store Representative (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIApril 6, 2017
Patriot Outfitters is known for their great service towards our DOD members. They've managed to obtain this results by providing sufficient and necessary equipment when needed.
Working in a Patriot Outfitters was a great experience
Retail Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Working in a Patriot Outfitters was a great experience. My coworkers were amazing, and the job itself was an interesting experience.
loved it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAJuly 20, 2015
Working around great people and people were always on time for work. I learned how to use a point of sale system and it was great. It gave me more experience in sales
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Low pay
Great workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 5, 2015
Didn't always agree with company policies, but stuck around for all of the enlisted that I was able to help and get items and products that others couldn't.
wonderful work place, wonderful management
Concessionaire, Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSFebruary 11, 2015
Great job, mostly performed retail sales for the military, learned to deliver excellent customer service, management were wonderful and understanding, co-workers were also great, friendly and helpful, hardest part of the job was leaving and resigning due to moving, enjoyed working for a such a great company.
Pros
excelent management
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales and Audio/Visual Presentation Lead (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 1, 2014
Awesome customers! I love helping them find the right product and providing them with it!
slow paced workplace but not full time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 17, 2014
From stocking to counting registers making daily deposits and helping our troops finding the best for their long trips. From rude angry customers to army veterans telling their stories from war. Good co-workers and good management skills from higher-ups.
Pros
works with schedule
Cons
not enough hours
Always a challenge and ever growing
Regional Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 24, 2013
A typical day would start out with paper work before the doors opened for business. The employees and management would have the stores ready to open to welcome the soldiers and family in for conversation or business. The hardest part of my job was doing the inventory, having 3 stores and making sure they were each stocked with moving products. The most enjoyable was working with the soldiers and family members they could make us laugh or cry with stories of their time of service. My employees worked well together and with management, they enjoyed their jobs and growing in the company.
Pros
Vaction time
Cons
Not getting product in a timely manner
Day at work
Concessionaire (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAAugust 20, 2013
A typical day at work consists of greeting, assisting, and checking out customers, cleaning the store, receiving and stocking inventory and taking deposit. I have gained more customer service/retail experience. Management is messy and unprofessional. The hardest part of the job is when we are not busy or do not have a lot of customers. The most enjoyable part is when we are busy, we get to make money and help our customers find their specific needs.
Pros
experience, opportunity
Cons
no breaks/lunches
This was an interesting job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 13, 2013
I did everything at this job. I was doing the weekly reports, stocking, I opened the store and closed a number of times.
Not much to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2013
They wanted to cut compensation on everything that you sold and it was not even hight to begin with
Small organization growing, not much in way of compensation (pay)
Regional Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 22, 2012
A typical day at work would include working with staff to be make sure the customers and daily requirements are met example the goals for sells. I have learned that when in management you must be a good listener, as well as a good leader. Your team must trust and respect your decision's so this must be thought threw, as well as a rapid decision on important matters. My co-workers are hard working and follow direction they themselves one day will be great managers. The hardest part of my job is that it is a small company and the resources are limited. The most enjoyable part is the soldiers and other customers that we cater to. They make you laugh and they tell stories that will make you cry this bond we form with them is unbreakable and I enjoy them.
Pros
family and soldier friendly
Cons
compensation plan
Comfortable work environment with easygoing coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Spring Lake, NCApril 29, 2012
A typical day at work consists of greeting customers with a smile and asking if they need any assistance, if not, let the customers know you are available in case a question comes to their mind. Also, daily cleaning duties are also acquired to maintain a professional outlook. When the day is over, close registers to maintain accuracy of daily sales or orders
Pros
one hour break when working saturdays, always have sundays off, work every other weekend, & also have great coworkers