Patriot Rail Employee Reviews

Excellent opportunity for inclement
Dehil team (Current Employee) –  East Chicago IndianaJuly 14, 2018
It is an excellent place to work with great opportunities the management are awesome I would work seven days a week if I could I love the feeling when I come to work We do stretches in the morning and the pay is good the opportunities are good just being employed by lake shore rail car in East Chicago , Indiana is a great opportunity to become part of something great now to me it is one of the greatest places I’ve ever been employed but if you are someone that sits around and smoked all day then of course you will not have time to notice the great opportunities that are in storage for you like I said management is great our chief is an awesome guy and he treats people as if they were their own individual it is just a great opportunity I cannot stress that enough I love being part of this team
Pros
The pros are Employee benefits, and opportunities of moving up and becoming something that you can believe in yourself about
Cons
There really are no cons is just a great opportunity to work in the growing establishment
Micro management at its finest
Tech (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INJuly 11, 2018
It’s a sweat shop they try and make your work over and don’t listen to experience with Material and the guys suffer from exposure because they don’t listen
Pros
Cons
Park d every two weeks
Great Work Atmosphere!
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 11, 2018
A great place to work! Leadership knows how to balance the atmosphere! Everyone gets along in order to maintain and sustain a positive work atmosphere.
Good company to work for
Track Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 23, 2018
It's hard work but well worth the benefits, the most enjoyable part of the job is working with all types of people, there's never a dull moment, I've met various employees from many states.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Traveling long distances
good place to work
Car Repairman (Current Employee) –  Keysville, VAMay 13, 2017
This is a good place to work. The men are helpful and knowledgeable. The work is steady and simple. The working environment is clean and safe. Every day safety is practiced.
Pros
morning shift
Cons
short lunch break
Safe work environment
Locomotive Engineer/Conductor (Current Employee) –  Columbus msSeptember 13, 2016
A typical work day is 6am-4pm. Small company but growing and improving on safety daily. Small group at the GTRA an all work together. Hardest part of the job is the drive there.
Small sample size
Sr Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 15, 2016
I was only with Patriot Rail for about 6 months. There is a wealth of Rail Road experience at the company and people were very willing to help educate someone with Rail experience.
Great experience and great opportunity to grow your skill set
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAMay 24, 2016
I accepted position due to lack of opportunities at previous shortline to grow my skillset. I give Patriot Rail credit for helping me to grow to understand budgeting, P&L, track standards, managing capital expenditures/projects, required locomotive maintenance/mechanical requirements and other business aspects of railroading.
There will always be challenges wherever you go, I feel very fortunate that this was a great experience for me. I would still be there, if not for family needs. It was a difficult decision to leave because I had numerous friends in the organization and great working relationship with all I worked with. Great relationship with senior management; I understand they have difficult decisions to make, but they let me run my railroad.
Pros
I was allowed to grow my skills, company vehicle, pay & benefits
Cons
for me, location.....not near family.
Poor communicators, and developing its employees
Asst Vice President (Former Employee) –  VariousApril 11, 2016
Senior leadership managed using fear and intimidation tactics.

Unable to grow the Organization.

Field employees were very dedicated, hard working, and received very little praise.
Pros
Cons
To many to list.
Good work environment
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 4, 2015
Fast -paced work environment, keeps you going and learning.
Great benefits!!
Benefits
Cons
Non!

Want to know more about Patriot Rail?

Ask a question
Great working responsiblities and compensation
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 10, 2012
A typical day of work will be posting journal entries, analyzing fixed assets and capital expenditures, monitoring daily cash, and reviewing balance sheets accounts.

I have learned how to work independently, monitor capial projects, assist with external audits, analyze fixed assets, and review financials statements individually and on a consoildated basis.

Management is great with taking care of their employees and growing the company.

Coworkers are more of an older crowd. Been there, done that types. Need younger crowd to learn and growth with. More fresh ideas.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with inconsistencies.

The most enjoyable part is being involve with all aspect of accounting. Fixed assets, capital projects, consoildated financials statement, monitoring daily cash, accounts payable and accounts receivable. Also working independently.
Pros
compensation
Cons
environment