Patterson-UTI Drilling Company LLC Employee Reviews

Worst place to work
Floorhand/Roughneck (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDAugust 13, 2018
No one wants to train you and everyone thinks your out to take their job housing on site sucked couldn’t get sleep all you hear is trucks and the rig all night
Pros
Pay
Cons
Co workers and housing
Low Moral value HUGE lack of accountability
Rigger/ Pad hand (Former Employee) –  Crosby, TXAugust 12, 2018
This is really sad to say cause initially I was excited to work for Patterson. After having been there for over a year and applying for advancement opportunities, I was denied at every corner. The management lies constantly and will do anything to make sure they don't get blamed for things they are responsible for. Some say this is true in the oil industry across the board but I have worked for three other companies and didn't have these types of problems. Regardless what the name of the company is and how big it is honesty is the best policy and if your managers aren't being honest you can expect that their subordinates aren't being honest either. It starts at the top though. The management wants you to be honest but they don't have to be, they will twist what you say to cover them selves every time.
Pros
Pay is descent
Cons
They don't care about you or your family
place to work
Driller Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 10, 2018
good place to work. i personally had a bad relationship with my rig manager. but loved working there. still would go back to patterson-UTI in either east texas
Responsible for supervision, safety and wellbeing of all personnel on drilling site.
Rig Manager (Former Employee) –  North Dakota and PennsylvaniaAugust 9, 2018
Ensure all drilling rig operations are carried out in accordance with safe, proper procedures and all drilling rig programs operate at maximum efficiency, with full crews. Plan, coordinate and supervise all scheduled and non-scheduled activities for maintenance, breakdown repairs, overhauls and modification on the rig. Ensure continuous drilling operations on schedule in order to avoid rig down time. Keep parts inventory stocked. Communicate with engineers and consultants to assure well would produce to its maximum upon completions. Comply with OSHA and company safety policies. Keep accurate, timely reports via computer.
Hard Work
Floor hand (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 9, 2018
It's a hard job. Not for all types of people. The work life balance ins't very good, they are always calling you in on your days off.
No internet service and poor phone service is very common at the rigs. You can go two weeks with out talking to your family. The management doesn't ever seem to know the current policy and are telling you different ways to do your job every day.
Over all its good money without the need for a degree.
Pros
Money
Cons
Family life, Hard work, Poor Managment
Toxic work Enviroment
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2018
Patterson was a cut throat work environment. Having worked in other industries it was amazing to me that in such a toxic work environment anything ever got accomplished Upper management did make an attempt bringing in life coaches to coach the management teams, however the roughneck mentality drove the company form the top down.
Pros
Descent pay
Cons
Chaos
Started with company with high hopes. But was let down due to poor management
Floorhand (Former Employee) –  Fruita, COJuly 26, 2018
I liked this company at girst but later in my career I would come to see the poor management and unfair treatment of employees. Hiring friends for advancement before eligible employees that deserve it.
Good company to work for.
Motor hand, Floorhand (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJuly 7, 2018
Crews worked together. A lot of experienced workers. Great benefits. Rig Managers open minded and helpful in situations. Yearly classes on rig specific training.
Good
Motorman (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDJuly 6, 2018
Nota bad company need more safety and better management better training room for advancement better pay not to employ so many new hands better equipment more training
Nice place to work. I had a great team I worked with.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fruita, COJune 29, 2018
Management could use some training on how to promote production. This was a very satisfying job. It was very fast paced and there was always something to do.
Very cool job
AD, Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJune 18, 2018
Overall a very nice job. 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. But catching the 2 weeks on on every holiday sucks but you get paid very well for it.You learn a lot about your self and others working this job. You get good at swinging a 20 lb hammer for sure. I can hit a fly between the eyes with a 25 lb hammers and not miss a beat.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Mother nature
good company
Floor tech/electrician (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 14, 2018
good company to work, safety first. good benefits, 401k, health insurance, good pay, bonuses, clean and nice bunkers to live at the job site. excellent ambient to work.
Pros
good company
Cons
n/a
Floor Hand, Derricks, Driller/ Oil and Gas (Former Employee) –  Fruita, COJune 12, 2018
Trip pipe, clean and maintain rig and equipment. Drill wells to customer plan.
Learned how to build productive relationships with other employees & customers.
The management was very hands on. Tried to resolve issues as soon as they came up, to keep the rig running at peak performance.
A get it done attitude, but get it done safely.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who didn't want to work.
I enjoy the people that I worked with that had the same out look about their job.
Pros
Try to keep you close to home
Productive and safe company
Pit Hand (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 8, 2018
Strong safety based company. Working as a team to perform tasks. Excellent employees and managers. Great equipment and machines to work with. Treated great
drilling
chain man (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 8, 2018
hard work and never expected anything different. i learned alot of new things working for patterson. managment was good to us. getting off after a hard day at work.
Rig Manager/ Driller/ Motor Hand/ Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 29, 2018
summer days are hot
winter days are cold
windy days we hate
rainy days are great on hot summer days
we manage our liquid intake top notch on the hot summer days
no job is to hard if you just put-out
everyday in the oil field is an enjoyable day!
Pros
Sun tans and excersize
Cons
bumpy lease roads
good place to work
derrickman (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 24, 2018
work 12 hrs a day always something to do never left to work alone if you did not understand something there was always someone there to give a hand, rig managers were always there to help if needed as well
Pros
people
Great Rig manager,Good employees
Derrick Hand/Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 18, 2018
Good Drilling rigs, worked with good employees. Keeping work areas clean, maintain equipment. Had fun and enjoyed who I worked with. Great Rig manager, always kept us informed.
Pros
Good money, Plenty of time off, extra overtime.
Cons
Some equipment needed fixed or replaced.
Great Company
Floorhand (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 14, 2018
Patterson-uti is a great company to work for. There is nothing wrong about the company I just have to relocate they had very competitive pay great benefits and they are a company that is only getting bigger and bigger as the time comes I would strongly recommend anybody work for this company had I not had to relocate I would most definitely still be willing to stay there.
Pros
Housing, water, benefits, per diem
Cons
They do ask if we want to work extra time or workover sometime.
Floorhand/Roughneck (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 28, 2018
Not all the rigs they have are the same set up for living quarters, some have them separately and some have it all in the same trailer and rooms. They do offer training at the rig sit and on employees work site.The management do help and sometimes don't mind if you ask questions and others I don't know them all.
Pros
paid incentives, meals and oil base pay
Cons
lack of breaks, have no concerns if employee eat or not during tour. I know we take care off our times to eat, but they could call for relief to help on floor for others, other than themselves to eat and take breaks during tripping time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patterson-UTI Drilling Company LLC. Our community is ready to answer.