Patterson-UTI Drilling Company LLC Employee Reviews

Great Company
Floorhand (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 14, 2018
Patterson-uti is a great company to work for. There is nothing wrong about the company I just have to relocate they had very competitive pay great benefits and they are a company that is only getting bigger and bigger as the time comes I would strongly recommend anybody work for this company had I not had to relocate I would most definitely still be willing to stay there.
Pros
Housing, water, benefits, per diem
Cons
They do ask if we want to work extra time or workover sometime.
Floorhand/Roughneck (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 28, 2018
Not all the rigs they have are the same set up for living quarters, some have them separately and some have it all in the same trailer and rooms. They do offer training at the rig sit and on employees work site.The management do help and sometimes don't mind if you ask questions and others I don't know them all.
Pros
paid incentives, meals and oil base pay
Cons
lack of breaks, have no concerns if employee eat or not during tour. I know we take care off our times to eat, but they could call for relief to help on floor for others, other than themselves to eat and take breaks during tripping time.
Not what I expected
Driller (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDMarch 17, 2018
When I was injured, I was let go after 90 days, and no one has called to see how I was or anything. I would think that they would be a little more interested in the welfare of there employees after they are injured on the job, and required surgery.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
not worried about anybody but themselves
Great workplace good people
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Snyder, TXMarch 13, 2018
Working with Patterson UTI Drilling, LLC was a day to day adventure.
the people were very helpful and kind. Safety is the number one concern. They take care of you while your working and give you time off to regenerate before returning to work.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
staying safe
fast paced
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 9, 2018
fast paced and some of the drillers had no interpersonal communication skills. it was all about how fast you could drill a well. there was not much job security.
OK company to work for
Tool Pusher (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 4, 2018
Management was stingy about keeping spare parts to keep rig running. First experience being on location 24-hours a day. Management didn't always keep full crews, and complained about downtime. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with crew members who cared about the job, and teaching inexperienced crew members how to do the job.
Pros
company truck, expense account
Cons
not having full crews, hiring out of the office
Patterson wasnt bad when i worked for them
Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  LAMarch 2, 2018
Patterson UTI wasnt a bad place to work when I worked for them from 2003 T/2008. I left Patterson on good terms to further my career for a drilling position.
Pros
Big company
Cons
Insurance
Drilling Company
Driller, Derrickman, Motorman and Roughneck (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMarch 1, 2018
Patterson Drilling as a Land drilling company was a great company to work for. The company office personnel knew most of the employees by name so you felt like an asset to the company.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Travel
Floorhand/Roughneck (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COFebruary 26, 2018
This company is very productive and fast paced the work environment is very dangerous but with all the safety training we had to go through nobody got hurt and felt very safe.
Horrible company
Rig Manager/Toolpusher (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKFebruary 26, 2018
This is a very dangerous place to work. Would not recommend anybody to work for this company. Patterson-UTI management are very disrespectful to you. Bad place to work
Pros
Cons
Dangerous
N/a
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Typical day for a floor hand is maintenance of the rig and keeping it clean. Great crew to work with, everyone would watch out for each others safety.
Not a career for everyone
Derrick Hand (Current Employee) –  St. Clairsville, OHFebruary 13, 2018
Need to be able to work long hours of 12 to 16 hrs a day. With 14 day straight schedule. Working days or nights doing this. Work outside all year long in all types of weather. Need to be able to be gone from home and family for this whole time because not all rigs are close to home. Get to meet new people from all over the world . Patterson Is committed to safety and safety practices
Pros
Great pay and benifits
Cons
Long days in all weather types
One of the best
Rig Hand (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDFebruary 6, 2018
They believe in safety first. As long as your a hard worker and show up on time and do your job safely and professionally. You will go a long ways in the company.
Pros
Good pay
Meeting People
Swamper / Rig Move / Trucking Dept. (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 29, 2018
I Really Enjoy Meeting Different People , From Different Backgrounds . I get to Go Places That I Never Been , Do Things That I never Did . See Things that I never Saw .
Pros
The Pay Was Excellent
Cons
The Oil and Gas Industry is Very Unpredictable
Good paying job with plenty of time off
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJanuary 28, 2018
Working for Patterson on an oil rig pays really well. The schedule is two weeks on and two weeks off. This allows plenty of time to be home with the family for days in a row. Management wasn't the greatest but room for advancement was there.
Pros
Good pay, a great schedule
Cons
Management, dangerous work
group project
Drilling Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 25, 2018
 Made and broke up drill strings, connected drill bits, and operated manifolds.
 Connected and dismantled Christmas Tree machinery on production platform.
• Cemented the well at completion of casing the borehole
• Performed casing the hole and nipple up and nipple down the BOP
• Assisted barge engineers during rig move and skid rig floor
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break, health
Awesome Boss, Productive
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Levelland, TXJanuary 24, 2018
Even though it was over 10 years ago . This was my first job that I felt happy to go to work everyday. I had the most amazing boss and learned new things. Great Place to work.
Pros
People
Cons
worked some weekends
Good company but awful living conditions compared to sidewinder or precision drilling
Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  St. Clairsville, OHJanuary 20, 2018
Energy company's are paying 6 man crews and 1 bunk house isn't cutting it. No room for groceries, you have to wait to shower, lack of sleep, my whole rig is looking for new jobs. There is plenty of extra camps from stacked out rigs this is crazy we are packed like sardines in one camp even smaller outfits like sidewinder and precision have diffrent style camps or 2 camps for the rig hands...
Pros
Good rig managers
Cons
EQT causes chaos with their penny scrapping actions, poor living conditions
For those who are willing to work
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  North DakotaJanuary 19, 2018
This job is very demanding physically and you have to have common sense on the rig. Think smart, be safe, and have situational awareness for what is going on and who is around you. Stay focused on the task at hand at all times and you’ll be just fine. Loved this company!
Pros
Pay and time off
Cons
Hours and travel
Even though I quit, I highly recomend this company to work for.
Floorhand/ Motorhand (Former Employee) –  Colorado, UTJanuary 19, 2018
Favortism over quality people is the reason why I quit. The toolpusher that I quit on lacked any leadership. just liked to brag about himself and talk down to people as if he was a god.
Pros
Awesome people to work with and for.
Cons
A lot of people get hired on with god like egos.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patterson-UTI Drilling Company LLC. Our community is ready to answer.