Patterson Companies Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
most enjoyable part of the job
Software Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 29, 2018
I work with a great team of developers that are very knowledgeable and actively participate in improvements to the software applications we create and maintain.
Productive and fun workplace as long as you were a team player.
UPS Shipment/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJuly 27, 2018
When I first started working with Patterson, overtime with the company was consuming my personal life. In 2016 the company went paperless with SAP scanners. This made my job overall more productive and efficient. Patterson wanted to make sure everyone could multitask and work at a fast pace. Inventory was more precise after using SAP.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Micromanaging
SAP SD Business Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 13, 2018
Good place to work, flexible hours. There is a lot opportunities to growth if you are working hard and focus on your goals. Benefits just like much companies out there.
Patterson IT ServiceDesk
ITSM Incident Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILJune 28, 2018
The SD is a great place for those wanting to start a career in IT without much experience or a solid place for those looking for a paycheck. It's somewhat limited in advancement within the team itself, but good for advancing onto other teams if you're willing to learn more. Happy employee of 4+ years.
Pros
Laid back, good managers
Cons
Phone support
Wouldnt work here if I were you
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Boone, IAMay 10, 2018
Managment sucks, all they do is stand there talk to their friends and when we are behind they don't help and then complain about being behind. If you have a family don't work here
You are a number
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILMay 3, 2018
This place doesn't care about you, your family, your motivations, or your attitude. If you are not a friend or a friend of a friend, management will overlook you for opportunity. They expect mindless drones and refuse to acknowledge their shortcomings. Do not bother voicing your concerns if you work here. The open door policy is a lie. Political terminations are commonplace.
Friendly place
Order Filler/facilities (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAApril 29, 2018
Very friendly staff. Family oriented company. They really care about their employees. Fun place to work. Great atmosphere. Fast paced environment not for everybody
This is Required
None (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 2, 2018
I do not like that this summary is required by indeed. I would like to stay anonymous and this does not allow me to stay anonymous at all. This requirement should change.
Good Company but Currently Struggling
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 29, 2018
Used to be a great company, but has struggled to re-invent itself over the past few years. Great opportunities for new blood to help shape the company currently.
Pros
Work-life balance is great, New CEO starting to put his fingerprints on the company
Cons
No bonus or stock grants for two years, High performers are able to find much better compensation elsewhere.
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 21, 2018
Fast-paced work environment but as long as you meet your goals nobody will mess with you. Managers are knowledgeable ad experienced. Weekends were always off.
stressful
Master Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 20, 2018
Obtaining new product submission forms from vendors to be enter into online data base.
Contacting vendors to check pricing and quantity
Company wide movment moving to new interface.
Product knowledge (Dental Supply)
Being a self starter and knowing what work need to be done and staying on task.
You always know what to expect
Service technician (Current Employee) –  S.E. USAFebruary 18, 2018
I have been working for patterson for over 10 years. The past 2 have been a complete...cluster?
I work service, so I do not interact much with sales/inside staff.
Management is a total amateur night. They hire former sales people to manage a branch, and teach them the buzzwords to repeat.
We have been through several managers, not a single one had managed anything before, aside from a starbucks, seriously!
My work peers and I have developed really good relationships and could not ask for better people to work with.
Seems a lot of other branches have the same issues, poor management, no communication, never proactive, always putting out fires instead of taking 2 minutes to look something over before it becomes a MAJOR issue.
Corporate language is always some kind of motivational poster "speak", which ends up just being nonsense.
Absolutely no way to advance. You could pull dollar bills out of thin air, and they will not give you a decent raise.
No accountability or responsibility from branch offices.
Don't see much team effort.
I suggest looking elsewhere if you are looking for a career, unless things change and get better. Right now, it does not look so good.
Pros
Excellent time off when you are there long enough
Cons
low pay, no real management.
Excellent company
Internal Audit Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNFebruary 11, 2018
Excellent company to work for. New CEO is bringing a lot of new energy and enthusiasm. Fortune 500 company that can make decisions quickly, where good work is noticed and where unnecessary competition is rare.
Pros
Subsidized cafeteria, small company feel in a fortune 500
Cons
Nothing that I have experienced yet
Technology Center
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILFebruary 8, 2018
The Contact Center is the most stressful and frustration department to work; Small town politics play a large role in promotions, the management style encouraged borders on bullying - i.e. you worry about being chastised for taking too many or too long on bathroom breaks or speaking with your neighbor is frowned upon.

Quantity (number of calls taken) is more important that quality of service provided. Accountability is discouraged and as a result, the most experienced specialists deal with situations they shouldn't have to - instead, they should be able to coach the newer specialists but aren't given the time. The result is loss of talent and significant decrease in product knowledge in the individuals in Support at all levels.
Benefits
Cons
Pay; Management; Lack of Advancement Opportunites
Easy Going, Great Management, poor middle management
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Manchester, IAJanuary 26, 2018
The workplace was at a relaxed pace and never too strenuous. The management in the upper offices was relaxed also and easy to get along with. The middle management was a coerced effort to cause miscommunication and many attempts to get employees in trouble. Several meetings were made to try to manage the mismanagement, but their were some vindictive employees that would not allow cohesiveness to stay for very long. Best part of the job was cycle counts. One of my most favorite activities while working there.
Pros
30 minutes or 1 hour lunch available everyday.
Cons
Work through lunch, still required to take 30 minutes off time even if you work all day.
Friendly culture
Business Intelligence Intern (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 3, 2018
People at Patterson Companies was extremely friendly and helpful. They helped me a lot during my time there. The working culture in my department is collaborative.
bad management
Order Picker, Packer, AHI, Recieving, shipping (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCJanuary 3, 2018
I worked there three years and was taken advantage of from day one. They do not pay you based on your work, you might run circles around people and still only make a dollar more than them. Favoritism is a big thing there as well. I worked in every department in the building and management is just horrible. Also all it takes to get fired is for a couple people to complain about you even tho your work ethic should come into play but it doesnt. Compensation is a joke, they tell you it will get better and all this but nothing ever gets done and it just keeps getting worse. Do yourself a favor and do not apply here.
Highly stressful
Employee (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 28, 2017
Favoritism is high in the credit department. Managers are never available for help and are very secretive about the agenda of the department. We have no direction. The worker bees are getting frustrated and the company is looking at a massive turnover. They have a few great people in place to promote but are promoting the wrong people due to favoritism. Steer clear of new postings until they figure it out it. The environment is not positive. I like the company as a whole. Been here a while.
Pros
Longevity
Cons
Favoritism by management not based on merit
Managment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Wolcott, INDecember 28, 2017
GM was nothing but a liar. Warehouse manager was a dirty old man. Should have been in trouble for harassment of all the "pretty" girls and treated the rest horribly. GM did nothing about complaints.
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
No break room for lunches, in a small town, hard to kill an hour.
Can't tell you.
Art Director/Senior Modeler & Texture Artist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 26, 2017
The HR guy said if I write anything negative about Patterson they would come after me for my severance package, and there was no expiration date on when they'd come after me. Sorry!
Pros
Salary
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patterson Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight