Patterson Companies Employee Reviews

Not worth it!
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INMarch 3, 2019
Do not waste your time applying or working here. Far better places to work than this place. If I could rate a zero I would. Supervisors and managers are a joke and are very inexperienced in their roles. Not to mention they show favoritism as well. They tell you not to talk, but to do your work and let others talk as much as they want (the ones that they favor) without giving any kind of discipline. Co workers are pretty terrible as well! Some will be nice to you to your face, but the minute you turn your back will talk about you while a few are v ery nice. High turnover and has jobs posted all the time. This place even hires temps now! Very high unattainable goals, low pay, and not a great atmosphere to work in.
Hostile Work Enviornment
Account Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 29, 2019
The job was busy, but the work was mindless data entry. The atmosphere of this company was awful. You could tell everyone hated their jobs and departments did not effectively communicate with one another. Career advancement at this company was slim. Benefits were not great (they don't match your 401K) and flexibility was not an option.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Atmosphere
Its a good entry level position
Service Desk Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILJanuary 25, 2019
I knew nothing about computers before I joined with them. They taught me everything I knew in a patient and practical manner. Not a bad job at all. I'd recommend some of the positions here.
Easy going but at times stressful
Digital Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILJanuary 20, 2019
I learned a ton at Patterson training was exceptional! If at any time you were unsure of something chat was a second away. The people i worked with were genuinely amazing and hardworking people. The job itself sometimes was stressful offices call in and immediately begin to yell without you knowing what the problem is actually about. The key is to get them calmed enough to explain what you can do to help.I would if ever offered the chance work for them again.
Pros
Constant pay raises for adding skills
Cons
extremely short breaks trying to get out of and back in the building again
Hard to get help from management
FSS (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 19, 2019
My coworkers were the best part of this job. For the most part they were all very supportive and shared information freely. Management could be difficult to track down and follow up with you though.
Very stressful
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 11, 2019
Manager walks around the office thumping his chest and try’s to intimidate. Not friendly at all. And his minion supervisor just kisses his butt and lies constantly and degrades and humiliates employees for everyone to see. She’s such a class act
Pros
The actual employees who do the work are good people and everyone got along to try to do their job
Cons
Manager and supervisor who lie and humiliate employees
Typical Corporate enviroment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  DevensJanuary 7, 2019
Patterson companies is what many would consider typical corporate environment. Corporate level makes decisions based on company shares and share holders. The front line of customer service, sales and accounting are continuously challenge to meet companies needs but never recognized for their achievements at the same level as corporate themselves. When bottom line is not met, the first cuts are at lower levels, and never replenished, therefore more work for those that are the bread and butter for the company to achieve profits. At the same time creating more positions at the corporate level to create "strategies" to make more money.
SAP Services and Sales Functional Consultant
Sales and SD Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 2, 2019
Patterson is a great place to work as you know what exactly you need to for a day or week. Patterson also allows tele-commute which is best benefit for a traveling IT consultant.
An interesting environment
Vendor Return Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CODecember 27, 2018
Not too many challenges, not sure if you can get promoted. The culture is interesting and you don’t get to socialize with a lot of people from different departments.
Good people to work with and fast-paced work day
A/R Processor (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 6, 2018
Slightly competitive - productivity metrics are posted in the department and there is a minimum required. More experienced people are willing to help. Managers always available to address concerns.
Pros
good location, people in all departments willing to help each other
Cons
minimal parking
I have never worked at a company as horrible as Patterson!
Credit Service Specialist/ Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 1, 2018
Trust me, don't get sucked in to this absolutely horrible place! Many coworkers are great which will make you want to stick it out, but Patterson sucks the life out of you! Management lies, makes excuses, and doesn't care about their employees. Unless you like to play the victim and run and tell on everyone like a child you will get no where with this company. I was told give it 30 days, give it 30 days. 30 days went by and nothing got better. After hearing that multiple times with no change, it was time to give them a taste of their own medicine and walk out!!! I am so much happier now that I left this ridiculous place they call a business. They will tell you it's not a call center, but that's definitely what they're working towards. Be prepared for unattainable goals and micro management to the extreme. This "run your own business" garbage they sell you is just that - a pile of garbage! Patterson does not value its employees. I'd rather stand on the side of the freeway and beg for money than even think about working for another company like Patterson. Good riddance!!!
Pros
Some coworkers
Cons
Extremely poor, clueless management, cry babies, micro management, low pay, unrealistic goals, how much room do I have to keep providing cons? There's just so many it's hard to stop. Good luck!
Low pay and unreasonable expectations
Vendor Returns Supply Chain Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 30, 2018
Pay is horribly low for the amount of technically complex work you have to do with SAP. Management is completely disconnected with work flows and capabilities of their departments. I really don't know how they stay in business.
Pros
8-5 schedule
Cons
Low pay
Patterson Companies
Field Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 29, 2018
The animal health division is run like a mom and pop business... They pass on the cost of doing business to their employees and exploit them as much as possible until no longer needed. If you an under-performer this is the place for you..
Pros
non
Cons
Steve Rense
Good for experience, not much room for growth in pay or oppertunity, cruel policys and managment
Order Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAOctober 16, 2018
Patterson is a ok place to pick up new skills in the industry, as a CSR or Wearhouse worker. However, the hours are murder, and it is not uncommon for a Wearhouse worker to work over 50 hours per week. At branches, this is usually reduced to around 44-46 a week, but it is still commonplace to go past 50 depending on the volume of customer orders. The biggest imidiete turnoff is the pay, patterson is a slow to rise company, and will always pay you tax brackets less then other companies provide, and with in many ways a harsher environment. Patterson excels at brutalizing their employees, being strongly anti union (talking about it will result in you eventual termination by some other effect), using their supervisors as savage hounds to emotionally and oraly degrade, segregate, taunt you and your peers. You can move around to other spots but the core of this rotten company never changes, only the faces do with its insane turnover rates.
Pros
Good helthcare bennifits
Cons
Lack of transparicy, managment is like a gang that badgers eveyone elts, no real room for verdical growth
Depends on if you want a fixed schedule
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 9, 2018
My husband works here. The hours are his main complaint. He works what they call 2nd shift... He goes in for noon and is there all day until done. Some days he gets off at 8, some 9, 9:30, even as late as 11:30.
Pros
fairly stable
Cons
lower pay
Low pay
Customer Master Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 25, 2018
Training is offered which is really nice but opportunities to advance in the company are very slim. Management is not willing to hire more experienced personnel so they don't have to pay the cost.
Awful place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 17, 2018
Very stressful, no accountability, management is a bunch of airheads who dont have skills just time with the company, company does not even know own polices and procedures. Not a very well thought out business plan. Patterson on ALL levels is a joke from FSS to branches.
Pros
Most of the staff
Cons
Do not work here if you value your mental health
Tier 3 Support specialist (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILSeptember 9, 2018
The company started off as a good place to work. But, a change in management made the culture very unstable. The new manager loved to play favorites, and didn't really care about quality of work as long as they weren't getting in trouble for something. We stopped getting our monthly reviews (to know what we needed to improve on), blew it off as being too busy. Also heard from a former co worker that the manager was attempting to flirt with him.

Despite bringing these concerns to the manager's manager, nothing was done about the concerns that we had. They stopped caring about our quality of workplace and just did things to get through the day, making the workplace unbearable if you didn't detach yourself from it.

I was very active at work, doing special projects and taking a lot of overtime to help, but had to instead start doing the bear minimum to keep myself mentally healthy enough to continue working.

I do not recommend working for this company at all. They do not care about you or your well being. They just want a worker drone that does what they say.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
Management, Work environment, Pay
great company going through changes
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2018
they seem to be going through major changes, new systems, new staff, mass layoffs, etc. losing market share. good company overall, its what you make of it.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
corporate is falling apart
Loved the job
Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILAugust 9, 2018
I enjoyed working for Patterson companies I feel like they gave me training and opportunity to get in the door but once there I feel like I was not appreciated for my efforts and that because I did not have a prominent name in the community that I was overlooked for a lot of things that came up as far as advancement with the company. Feel like they got.to the point where they did not care about the mpral.pf the team.
Pros
Clean
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patterson Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight