Patterson Companies Employee Reviews

Loved the job
Support Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILAugust 9, 2018
I enjoyed working for Patterson companies I feel like they gave me training and opportunity to get in the door but once there I feel like I was not appreciated for my efforts and that because I did not have a prominent name in the community that I was overlooked for a lot of things that came up as far as advancement with the company. Feel like they got.to the point where they did not care about the mpral.pf the team.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Productive and fun workplace as long as you were a team player.
UPS Shipment/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJuly 27, 2018
When I first started working with Patterson, overtime with the company was consuming my personal life. In 2016 the company went paperless with SAP scanners. This made my job overall more productive and efficient. Patterson wanted to make sure everyone could multitask and work at a fast pace. Inventory was more precise after using SAP.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Micromanaging
Low pay and unreasonable expectations
Vendor Returns Supply Chain Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 30, 2018
Pay is horribly low for the amount of technically complex work you have to do with SAP. Management is completely disconnected with work flows and capabilities of their departments. I really don't know how they stay in business.
Pros
8-5 schedule
Cons
Low pay
Awful place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 17, 2018
Very stressful, no accountability, management is a bunch of airheads who dont have skills just time with the company, company does not even know own polices and procedures. Not a very well thought out business plan. Patterson on ALL levels is a joke from FSS to branches.
Pros
Most of the staff
Patterson Companies
Field Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 29, 2018
The animal health division is run like a mom and pop business... They pass on the cost of doing business to their employees and exploit them as much as possible until no longer needed. If you an under-performer this is the place for you..
Pros
non
Cons
Steve Rense
Patterson IT ServiceDesk
ITSM Incident Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILJune 28, 2018
The SD is a great place for those wanting to start a career in IT without much experience or a solid place for those looking for a paycheck. It's somewhat limited in advancement within the team itself, but good for advancing onto other teams if you're willing to learn more. Happy employee of 4+ years.
Pros
Laid back, good managers
Cons
Phone support
Depends on if you want a fixed schedule
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 9, 2018
My husband works here. The hours are his main complaint. He works what they call 2nd shift... He goes in for noon and is there all day until done. Some days he gets off at 8, some 9, 9:30, even as late as 11:30.
Pros
fairly stable
Cons
lower pay
great company going through changes
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2018
they seem to be going through major changes, new systems, new staff, mass layoffs, etc. losing market share. good company overall, its what you make of it.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
corporate is falling apart
Low pay
Customer Master Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNSeptember 25, 2018
Training is offered which is really nice but opportunities to advance in the company are very slim. Management is not willing to hire more experienced personnel so they don't have to pay the cost.
You are a number
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILMay 3, 2018
This place doesn't care about you, your family, your motivations, or your attitude. If you are not a friend or a friend of a friend, management will overlook you for opportunity. They expect mindless drones and refuse to acknowledge their shortcomings. Do not bother voicing your concerns if you work here. The open door policy is a lie. Political terminations are commonplace.
most enjoyable part of the job
Software Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 29, 2018
I work with a great team of developers that are very knowledgeable and actively participate in improvements to the software applications we create and maintain.
Good Company but Currently Struggling
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 29, 2018
Used to be a great company, but has struggled to re-invent itself over the past few years. Great opportunities for new blood to help shape the company currently.
Pros
Work-life balance is great, New CEO starting to put his fingerprints on the company
Cons
No bonus or stock grants for two years, High performers are able to find much better compensation elsewhere.
Good for experience, not much room for growth in pay or oppertunity, cruel policys and managment
Order Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAOctober 16, 2018
Patterson is a ok place to pick up new skills in the industry, as a CSR or Wearhouse worker. However, the hours are murder, and it is not uncommon for a Wearhouse worker to work over 50 hours per week. At branches, this is usually reduced to around 44-46 a week, but it is still commonplace to go past 50 depending on the volume of customer orders. The biggest imidiete turnoff is the pay, patterson is a slow to rise company, and will always pay you tax brackets less then other companies provide, and with in many ways a harsher environment. Patterson excels at brutalizing their employees, being strongly anti union (talking about it will result in you eventual termination by some other effect), using their supervisors as savage hounds to emotionally and oraly degrade, segregate, taunt you and your peers. You can move around to other spots but the core of this rotten company never changes, only the faces do with its insane turnover rates.
Pros
Good helthcare bennifits
Cons
Lack of transparicy, managment is like a gang that badgers eveyone elts, no real room for verdical growth
SAP SD Business Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 13, 2018
Good place to work, flexible hours. There is a lot opportunities to growth if you are working hard and focus on your goals. Benefits just like much companies out there.
Do not work here if you value your mental health
Tier 3 Support specialist (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILSeptember 9, 2018
The company started off as a good place to work. But, a change in management made the culture very unstable. The new manager loved to play favorites, and didn't really care about quality of work as long as they weren't getting in trouble for something. We stopped getting our monthly reviews (to know what we needed to improve on), blew it off as being too busy. Also heard from a former co worker that the manager was attempting to flirt with him.

Despite bringing these concerns to the manager's manager, nothing was done about the concerns that we had. They stopped caring about our quality of workplace and just did things to get through the day, making the workplace unbearable if you didn't detach yourself from it.

I was very active at work, doing special projects and taking a lot of overtime to help, but had to instead start doing the bear minimum to keep myself mentally healthy enough to continue working.

I do not recommend working for this company at all. They do not care about you or your well being. They just want a worker drone that does what they say.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
Management, Work environment, Pay
Wouldnt work here if I were you
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Boone, IAMay 10, 2018
Managment sucks, all they do is stand there talk to their friends and when we are behind they don't help and then complain about being behind. If you have a family don't work here
Technology Center
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Effingham, ILFebruary 8, 2018
The Contact Center is the most stressful and frustration department to work; Small town politics play a large role in promotions, the management style encouraged borders on bullying - i.e. you worry about being chastised for taking too many or too long on bathroom breaks or speaking with your neighbor is frowned upon.

Quantity (number of calls taken) is more important that quality of service provided. Accountability is discouraged and as a result, the most experienced specialists deal with situations they shouldn't have to - instead, they should be able to coach the newer specialists but aren't given the time. The result is loss of talent and significant decrease in product knowledge in the individuals in Support at all levels.
Benefits
Cons
Pay; Management; Lack of Advancement Opportunites
Easy Going, Great Management, poor middle management
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Manchester, IAJanuary 26, 2018
The workplace was at a relaxed pace and never too strenuous. The management in the upper offices was relaxed also and easy to get along with. The middle management was a coerced effort to cause miscommunication and many attempts to get employees in trouble. Several meetings were made to try to manage the mismanagement, but their were some vindictive employees that would not allow cohesiveness to stay for very long. Best part of the job was cycle counts. One of my most favorite activities while working there.
Pros
30 minutes or 1 hour lunch available everyday.
Cons
Work through lunch, still required to take 30 minutes off time even if you work all day.
Excellent company
Internal Audit Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNFebruary 11, 2018
Excellent company to work for. New CEO is bringing a lot of new energy and enthusiasm. Fortune 500 company that can make decisions quickly, where good work is noticed and where unnecessary competition is rare.
Pros
Subsidized cafeteria, small company feel in a fortune 500
Cons
Nothing that I have experienced yet
stressful
Master Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 20, 2018
Obtaining new product submission forms from vendors to be enter into online data base.
Contacting vendors to check pricing and quantity
Company wide movment moving to new interface.
Product knowledge (Dental Supply)
Being a self starter and knowing what work need to be done and staying on task.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patterson Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight