Patton Building Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Overall good
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVSeptember 4, 2019
Patten is an ok place to work but the supervisor needs to come by the buildings more often and check on their employees. It is hard to get supplies when supplies are needed, therefore can not clean the way it needs to be cleaned.
Good
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 31, 2019
It was not the best job I have ever had .. . It was politically motivated as far as you either fit in or you didnt... people didn't except you easily...
Highly stressful physically, emotionally, and mentally
Route supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 27, 2019
I worked for PBS for 5 years as a cleaner and within 6 months was promoted to Route Supervisor working day and night. I was promised a promotion for months then they overlooked me for someone else. It was 5 years of nothing ever changing. I was constantly overworked and underpaid. I worked 6 days a week. I would ask for help and never got any until they were ready to give it and even then the help never lasted.
Pros
The company vehicle
Cons
Everything about the job form managers to hours worked
I enjoy working by myself at my pace.,
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 25, 2019
Excellent company to work for ,relaxed atmosphere. Love it., if you are looking for ft, or pt this is the place . If you want just to supplement cash
It a good place to work
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 18, 2019
It is a easy job and and a very good place to work and a very reliable job and it ain't to hard or anything and it is very close ain't much to do I don't know what else to say about it cause it is a good job and I would recommend it to other people
Not very understanding
General cleaner (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 5, 2019
I had to leave this company for medical reasons and the management was not very understanding. In fact, they did not refrain from showing their displeasure. Otherwise, it was an ok place to work. Very low salary. No benefits for part time. I do not know what benefits they have, if any, for full time.
Pros
Working alone.
Cons
Management not understanding about unexpected life situations
Convenient hours , friendly staff
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 26, 2019
I enjoyed it because i liked the hours. The hours worked with my family needs. I liked working solo and with 1-2 others on most shifts. I liked the independence. It was easy to communicate with staff and managers. I could snack or eat on my schedule. I enjoyed the staff at the buildings I cleaned for.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
I ejoyed Patton
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVDecember 1, 2018
I enjoyed my job and the work environment. I would work there again.
Most of the staff and bosses were very friendly and helpful . I enjoyed the job I did. I enjoyed working alone. sometimes I worked with others an that was fine as well.
Pros
working alone or woth one other person
Cons
need more pay
The Best Janitorial Firm in the Area
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 26, 2018
Worked there over 10 years and it was a great time. The management often tries new ideas to make things better for the employees. Various of these programs have come and gone over the years. You work schedule is generally tailored to your needs. The President is very approachable, and extremely fair and honest. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
A great company overall
Cons
Like all contract janitorial firms, you may find yourself working at several different locations on any given shift. However, in this industry that kinda goes with the territory.
Company is nothing but liars!
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVAugust 10, 2018
To start off I was told by the "Office Manager" That I would get a company vehicle, and the job would be 40+ hours a week, and I would only have to go from Logan to Charleston to help out maybe once a week. Wrong! I never received my company vehicle, I worked 3 days and got 10 hours, was demanded I go to Charleston to work.
I didn't even get to see all of the accounts I was supposed to be over, when I resigned I was treated like a dog by the office manager! Patton building services is a joke. Stay away from this company!
Cons
great people to work with or for
Business Development Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WV 26505April 2, 2018
I enjoy working at Patton, but it is the industry that I do not like. Business Development in the janitorial industry is not for everyone. I cannot guarantee the product that I am pushing.
Working by myself could be a benefit, but management very critical
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVFebruary 28, 2018
I cleaned the Operations Dept of a bank building. But management would sneak up on me and try to always find fault with what I did even though I did my job to be best of my ability. I think I did a really good job in cleaning the building. The employees at the bank seemed to be happy. I worked very fast and hard. A positive point was that I usually was by myself, but management made my job difficult.
Pros
Got to work by myself
Cons
Very critical company
Great work environment
EXTERNSHIP (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WV 26505February 21, 2018
Patton Building Services gave me an opportunity to serve complete my internship program. Here, I was exposed to great business techniques and skills that really demonstrated how a successful business operates.
Easy hours and well paid plus great management employees
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Craigsville and Summersville; my home townAugust 23, 2017
It is so set hours, that are easily made and completed but always after hours of office building that you clean. Patton had great pay, which starts at nine dollars an hour plus mileage, Payable to you every other week. Then, your supervisors and/or superiors, are absolutely wonderful and amazing people and all employees you encounter are easy-going fun-loving and always willing to help or always a phone call away with helpful advice or information about work or building of work place. You can never go wrong, if you're working as a general cleaner at Patton Building Services!!
Pros
Hours and this Job in General
Cons
None unless you don't have self transportation
Wonderful Company/Wonderful Team
Cleaning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 25, 2017
Patton is an excellent team to work for if you are looking for a few hours a week, just to get you out of the house, although they do offer other areas with more hours.
Pros
Working at your pace
Cons
not enough hours
Great office setting
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVMarch 14, 2017
Typical day started out at 6 a.m. and ended around 3 p.m,Monday thru Friday.I learned the importance of keeping files and following office procedures according to code.
Pros
very understanding of emergencies that came up
Cons
only temporary
Must Focus!
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 10, 2017
Great job to focus on your career goals and meditate. Multiple work buildings to choose from. Limited access and leadership to certain buildings was a strain, although great opportunity for some peace and quiet.
Experience Advancement
Evening Janitor (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVFebruary 3, 2017
Management is family oriented, and welcomes and accommodates all employees who give there best. Nice people to work with. Adjustable schedules. Never late pay.
Pros
Local work placement.
Cons
Customs persona a plus..
productive and fun workplace
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Charleston WVJanuary 13, 2017
Everyday I answer the phones also did the interviews hiring and firing orientation for the ones that got hired I did drug testing and I also put the orders in for theJobs that needed to be done. This job was an easy-going job easy to learn easy to do. The managers and co-workers were great they were very nice I would recommend this job for anybody.
Stressful and ungratifieng
Night Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaMay 26, 2016
I think there should be more incentive for doing good work and being punctual unfortunately it is not recognized leaving you feeling very unappreciated and very dispensable.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
People asking for so much and you receiving so very little.