Patxi's Pizza Employee Reviews

Great place - poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAApril 13, 2019
I worked her for about 2 years. ( in between 2015 - 2017.. The food is great, I liked the atmosphere, and tips can be on the higher end for both host and server. Overall it’s decent..... until you get back to the kitchen or management.

Kitchen practices were ok, but some of it was quite dirty, and in my 2 years I saw 5 different managers come and go.

Some were sexist, some fed their friends, and a lot of them didn’t follow through.

Went back unexpectedly in 2018 / 2019 and management is still ditzy.

It’s sad that this place has a lot of potential ( I miss it ), but is run poorly.
Pros
Good tips, good food, nice setting
Cons
Management, ethical practices, food handling
Nothing but great things to say
Server (Former Employee) –  Greenbrae, CAMarch 22, 2019
Was my favorite place to work at and the food was fantastic. Easy to recommend selections and customizing pizza orders perfectly to each guest. Including learning a basic knowledge of pairing wine with certain pizza on the menu.
Pros
Great atmosphere, money, easy menu, happy people. Staff works really hard together and things get done
Bad ownership and management
Quality Lead (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 21, 2019
New ownership wrecked Patxis. Revenue dropped off fast and management only looks for self survival. Extremely dirty restaurant & diminishing standards
Working at Patxi's
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 7, 2019
Working at Patxi's had it's pro's and con's. The employees were fun to work with. As well as working in a nice neighborhood, with a nice restaurant set up. Most days it was quiet. During evenings, we would either be super busy or not busy at all.
Pros
Kind co-worker
Bad place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 6, 2019
Bussing tables, serving, and hosting. No training at all, employees were rude, etc. Worked first day on a Friday night w/ no training. No team effort.
Pros
Had discount on pizza
Cons
Did not have any breaks, made me work first night on a busy night with no training, made me work more hours i applied, etc
Good job.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Good company while the President and Ceo was there. Culture was strong and operations were intact. I enjoyed working with with the hourly team the most!
not the best
Manager (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 4, 2019
Employees were less than, there was no sense of respect from employee to management and the upper management handled issues within the restaurant poorly.
Don’t work for this company!
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 14, 2018
A company that doesn’t care about its employees and work management to the bone with low compensation. No room for growth and nothing but false promises.
Pros
I no longer work there.
Cons
I should have left sooner
horrible place to work
Dining room Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 18, 2018
management treats their employees as if they are disposable. there is no room for growth within the company no matter how hard you work. Management will go behind your back with problems instead of letting you know where you need to improve
Not your typical Restaurant experience!
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 23, 2018
A typical day as a restaurant manager at this company would be working 12-16 hours if you are lucky. You are paid under minimum wage if you live in San Francisco, and completely misled for months believing that you will be promoted through the management training program by a sweet talking woman at corporate that works remote and lives in Fresno.
The only managers that ever get promoted in the company are the ones that abuse company policies, steal company merchandise or sexually harass other employees. This has to be the worst company that I have ever worked for in all my years of restaurant management and I am not a rookie. Stay away from this organization!!!
Pros
Free food during meal breaks if you actually can get a break from you 12-16 hour days
Cons
Everything that I mentioned in the review above!
productive and chill place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAAugust 5, 2018
I delivered pizzas and washed dishes. Most enjoyable part of job was being able to be out in fresh air rather then being in a room a long period of time.
Found on Resume
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 16, 2018
• Giving exceptional customer service
• Ensure quality of drinks are prepared to company standard
• Balance customer service with bartending tasks
• Ensure calm and collected attitude while working under high intensity environment
Pros
Fast paced and socialize with customers
Cons
Stressful sometimes
Stressful and disorganized work environment.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, CAJune 18, 2018
The lack of communication and respect from superiors made the job incredible stressful to operate within. I was constantly being called in to work on days I had specified in advance wouldn't work for me and was given no flexibility or understanding when needing to cancel the infrequent shift. Really unpleasant experience, but the compensation in gratuities made it worthwhile as a summer job while home from college for the summer.
Established company that values people!
Restaurant Support Center Employee (Current Employee) –  Sausalito, CAMarch 29, 2018
Patxi's Pizza is a well-known company in the Bay Area and it's exciting to work for a company that you can have a lot of pride in. Our food is very high quality and the company is focused on our guests as a priority. Our Restaurant Support Center is small, but has a great team atmosphere. It's rewarding to work for a company where you can have an impact every day by supporting our restaurant managers and employees and the vision for growth for the company.
Bad management, easy place to start of as a server.
driver/ server (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 21, 2018
Worked for Patxi’s Pizza over 3 years, saw easily over 20 managers come and go during that time. Managers wouldn’t manage which cause their employees to not care!! Most shifts were 3-6 hours, A double shift was never over 8 hours. Got along better with BOH staff than FOH.
Pros
Great neighborhood, Easy menu to work with.
Cons
2-6 hours per shift, if slow pace managers would ask you to leave sometime after the second hour.
Fun Place to work
AREA DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 16, 2018
Patxis, has a great culture of development, leadership and hospitality. They provide you with the tools to learn and use in the field. Great Team environment
Pros
good pay
patxis
Server (Former Employee) –  Page StMarch 10, 2018
The owner of the restaurant I worked at was a very friendly guy. The staff were all nice and hard working. No bad experiences working there. The evenings were very fast paced and the restaurant is small in size making it a little difficult to hustle between tables. I worked there many years ago already and at the time the pay was about normal for a starting position.
Pros
Fun fast paced good tips
Cons
A little bit crowded or small, low hourly
Good but take some bull
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAJanuary 17, 2018
As a server it is quick easy cash only have to know a few pizzas and small about 20 different drinks. Coworkers all get along only thing that isn't to be liked is the top management mixes work life with their social life and causes drama in the work place and the rest of the management get rotate ever so often, but its still a nice company to work for.
It was alright
Kitchen Supervisor/Server (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, CAJanuary 14, 2018
It really depends on the people with whom you work when it comes to Patxis pizza. A lot of the people I worked with were very fun to be around but a few select were just absolutely horrible and were only hired because of the way that they look.
Fast paced work environment with enjoyable co-workers
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 29, 2017
As a Line/Prep cook, 2 days out of the week I would come in at 8am in order to put the food product away and begin prepping all food fresh for that business day. Once it was 11am when we opened doors ii would make Pizzas and other menu items when they were ordered. Typically an 8am shift would work until 8-9pm the same day. Otherwise my other shifts of the week would entail just building pizzas and other menu items from anywhere from 4pm until close (10pm sunday-thursday and 11pm friday and saturday). I learned a lot about the pace of a higher quality kitchen as well as the importance of quality and fresh ingredients for presentation. Management is very friendly and helpful with training and guidance along the way. The hardest part of the job is being both efficient and quick with meal preparation time as well as quality in the middle of busy or high volume times. Enjoyable parts of the job include being busy and staying challenged throughout the day as well as working along side other people and having the opportunity to talk and chit chat about things as opposed to a quiet more private work experience.
Pros
free meals and drinks whenever desired.
Cons
No benefits for cooks, lower wages, difficult to be granted time off even if notified far in advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Patxi's Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.