Paula's Choice Skincare

Paula's Choice Skincare Employee Reviews

Great products - everyone in the company uses them Dog friendly office Fun culture Awesome employee discount Flexible schedule Friendly coworkers Good benefits Room for growth Work life balance Nothing is better than bringing my dog to work with me! My team is supportive and helpful. I always feel encouraged and am continuously learning. I truly feel like I will be able to grow with this company and I am so excited.
I absolutely loved this brand and even though I decided to move forward with another company that actually invested in their employees career growth, I took away great educational and professional tools. My advice to them invest in your staff!
Pros
Great educational opportunities
Cons
Stuck in a position with no future
Management created a drama environment. High employee turnover due to using temps. Very combative manager. When stuff hits the fan, nobody is safe from being thrown under the bus.
This is a place that has honestly changed the way I view a job. When I wake up in the morning, I am excited to come into the office. I love that my work is challenging and I am trusted to get the job done. I feel supported and respected. The benefits are really wonderful and the work environment is great. I don't recommend this company to anybody that has no drive to get the job done, because this is not a place where you will get your hand held. Don't expect the mundane, boring work that you've grown accustomed to. I am really passionate about working here, but I believe this will only work for you if you are willing to make it work for you. This place is what you make it, and you will always find resources to succeed if you reach out for them.
It's pretty rare to have a job you're excited to go to every morning, but that's exactly how I view my position at Paula's Choice. Each day I have a manageable workload, of which I have a reasonable level of autonomy to execute it as I see fit. Management is inspiring, supportive and easygoing with an open-door policy that makes you feel like a team member, not a subordinate. When I have opinions, I feel comfortable voicing them and even better, often see action taken on them. I regularly feel valued and appreciated for the work I do and like my contributions truly matter. If that wasn't enough, I proudly align with the products we make, the founder, our ethos and the brand's overall mission. The one notable downside others have touched on in previous reviews is the lack of organized, consistent process. If you're not a person who can work in ambiguity, this may not be the place for you. You have to have a certain level of willingness to spearhead change, but I've found people very receptive to ideas.
Pros
Great benefits, fair pay, dog-friendly office, laid-back management, collaborative environment, accessible location, discounted products
Cons
Lack of process, a degree of micro-mangement
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Definitely a passionate company who focuses on helping women have the best skin they can. The products do what they say and have no nasty ingredients. A company which cares for its employees. Fun and friendly work environment
Poor management. Not friendly. Low class. Confused. Junkie. Fake. They watch all their employees. They pretend to work and sell cheap junk products. They are just trying to make a company out of nothing.
Cons
I had an excellent experience interning at Paula's Choice over the course of three months. My managers were patient and encouraging, and were genuinely concerned with my learning and progress as part of the internship.
The company was sold from one investment firm to another, and the strategic direction fluctuated as often as the weather. New leadership has come in since I left so it might be more stable now.
Nothing is perfect. That may seem like a negative preface, however, I think its important not to sugar-coat the nature of a job like customer service. You have a seemingly endless stream of - ahem - often unique clients and logic and communication aren't everyone's strongest suits, especially customers. With all that said, the management and the empowerment that you are given as an agent can be the distinction between you job being terrible, tolerable, and enjoyable. At Paula's Choice, I am more empowered and given more support than at any other company doing similar work (customer service of some variety). I have worked at illustrious 5-star hotels and big, long-running companies with notable reputations in the industry and still, never did I experience a work environment where growth and empowerment were as truly fostered and encouraged as at PC. Shortly after getting the job, I was able to begin taking on more roles than simply consulting with clients. I proved myself, and was allowed to do so, and was given more responsibility to help pave a path for myself to other opportunities. I am only at this time 7 months into the job, so somewhat new, and I can't speak much to how much opportunity will exist for me, but I do feel confident at this time based on the support I am receiving and the way in which my ideas are listened to, even if they aren't always utilized. And I always get feedback when they could be better which is in addition to all of the accolades and positive affirmation that I am given (which really makes it easier to make it through the rougher days, that inevitably - more...
Pros
Empowerment to make decisions without approval, comfortable working environment, friendly and supportive peers and superiors, encouragement to grow and to move up
Cons
new management so there are growing pains atm, a disconnect between upper management and general staff
Used to be a good place to work. Turned out to be the worst place ive ever worked. Shouldnt have changed thats for sure. Managers should probably realize what is really going on in that warehouse. HR is a joke!
Cons
Too many managers fighting for there jobs and not afraid to throw you under the bus to cover there poor decisions and lack of communication. while I was there I watched multiple people get fired and had three different assistant warehouse managers in one year. The problem was certain warehouse managers couldnt do the job, so when the blame game started other people were stabbed in the back. Definate favortism and too much drama in the warehouse. Huge disconnect between corperate and the warehouse. Job training was by intimidation and making you feel stupid by the managers like your a person who has no edjucation and are evidently stupid because your just a warehouse associate.
Pros
Good benifits, decent pay.
Cons
Poor managment, constant employee turnover.
This is a very good up and coming company. The owner of the company ensure that her employees are taking care of. They have a lot of events for the families and employees. I loved working there
When first starting here things where great. Fun work environment, great coworkers, full time hours, and supportive/available supervisors. But towards the end things changed. It went from a family like environment to questioning if we where disposable as employee's, regardless if you've worked for the company for a lengthy period of time. The most positive perk of working here is the guaranteed 40 hours a week, however you must account for paying for parking if you can't count on public transportation 100% of the time, the healthcare plan is not family friendly, the schedule also makes it difficult for those with kids, and the maternity leave is very disappointing. When going out on leave I was expecting to receive 6 weeks of pay at less than my usual pay, however I received only 4 weeks of pay one month after delivery (it was supposed to take 2 weeks). In all this was not a position that allowed you to move up in the company and more suitable for young single individuals that are extremely flexible and ok with working in a true call center environment.
Pros
Full time hours and your own work space/desk
Cons
Job location, paying for parking, and poor healthcare plan/maternity leave benifits
Unfortunately after working for them and dedicating my life to them. They changed management and ethics making working for them unbearable. Hopefully they go back to the old ways.
Before coming to work at Paula's Choice I worked for a small family run company for 15 years and it was amazing. After some bad job interviews and another bad experience at a local tech startup I thought I'd never find a job like my "family" again. Paula's Choice has restored my faith that you do not have to be a small company to have a family atmosphere. So now I have the best of both worlds, a friendly family place to work, but all of the benefits of a large mature company: stability, room for growth, plenty to keep busy, horizontal and vertical movement to keep things new/exciting. The CEO even knows my name and we speak weekly, informally, even though I'm not an executive and at least 3 levels below him on the "corporate ladder". As far as the tech, if that is what you are looking for, it's not modern or sexy all over, but you have the freedom to improve it how you see fit. Everyone treats you and your opinions with respect. What more could you ask for?
Pros
Respectful, adults, considerate, relaxed, happy hours, events/fun, transparent, great products, work that matters
Cons
Expensive healthcare if dependants/family (but free for employee)
I knew I wanted to work at Paula's Choice when I first read one of Paula's books. It is such a refreshing and honest approach to cosmetics. The office environment is super positive with the added bonus of puppies roaming throughout the office. The company is growing tremendously and the prospect of growth is really motivating for those of us wanting to advance.
Pros
Dogs allowed, free fresh flowers, ability to work remotely.
Working for Paula's Choice has honestly been a dream come true. It's an established company with the best products, but feels like a start-up in many exciting ways. Our organization, and strong management and leadership team make working for Paula's Choice an absolute pleasure.
Pros
Amazing coworkers, collaborative efforts
Working at Paula's Choice was a wonderful experience and a large part of that is the people I worked with. It is a growing company, around 100 people during the time I worked there, but it still operates like a smaller company. Unlike hidden away IT departments at larger companies, it is required to work alongside just about everyone directly here which really helps delivering the exact features the stakeholders want. The codebase is largely inherited and difficult to work with, and this was frequently a struggle, but there were constant opportunities to improve it or replace it entirely with more modern technology. It helps that everyone was very bright and eager to collaborate on improvements. Some downsides was that the code was fairly fragile so there was a lot of off hour email checking making sure things were still operating smoothly, though overtime was almost non-existent, outside of quick off-hour deployments. The health benefits were very cheap, if not free, for single employees but once you started adding family members it got very expensive. Lastly, some great benefits - discounted or free product (which works very well) and dogs in the office.
Pros
Intelligent people, modern office, great product, dogs
Cons
Fragile legacy code
I love my job – I love it for the dedicated, talented people I work with, for the good compensation and fantastic benefits, for the phenomenal product and our customer service orientation, and for the environment of rapid growth and team spirit. Culturally, my experience has been that my colleagues are extremely dedicated professionals who are passionately committed to their teams, to our consumers, and to the company mission. Our events committee organizes fun inter-departmental social events (like Chair massages, Happy Hours, Halloween Costume contests, an amazing Holiday party, and etc), so there are a lot of laid-back opportunities to get to spend time with friends and coworkers. As a company, Paula's Choice is really committed to supporting all its people (and our dogs are welcome at work!), both within and outside the company. For the consumers, this manifests as prioritization of customer service and delivering the best possible product, and for employees, this involves providing the tools, resources, and professional development for our staff to do their best work. Although I’ve only been here a few months, this has, hands-down, been my favorite work environment; everyone’s been friendly, encouraging, and open, and that’s meant a lot to me in this job.
Pros
Amazing coworkers, Compensation/Benefits, Bi-weekly flower delivery, Location, Career growth, leadership opportunities, Great product, and Fun events
Cons
None that I can think of
I love working at Paula's Choice. My supervisor is supportive, and trusts me to do my job without micro-managing. There is always a lot to do, but I never feel a lack of support and am never overwhelmed. Great coworkers are always here to chip in. There's never a "that's not my job" mentality - we're a team. In addition to solid health benefits and time-off plan, the company offers a lot of fun events. We often have happy hours with wine and food, we've had in-office chair-massages, movie days, and during the summer we might leave early to take in a ballgame! The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to learn something new all the time. We're growing like crazy, so there is a lot of room for advancement. Entry level people can really get an idea for what we're about, what they're passionate abou,t and choose their own adventure! AND we're dog-friendly. Dogs offer companionship to those who need it, and put a smile on everyone's face. Work hard. Play hard. Make money. Repeat.
Pros
Fun events like movies, happy hours, massages, visits from Santa, dog-friendly, ball games
Cons
Parking is expensive