Paulding County School District Employee Reviews

fine place to work
Bus Driver (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GAJuly 2, 2018
steady work and fast paced safety is expected and no corners cut if you have school aged children it works to have the same vacation times off with them.
Pros
usually set schedules
Cons
time critical
Typical School District Job
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, GAJune 11, 2018
Management doesn't seem to understand the needs of workers. Some of them are fine, but the higher you go, the less they really know about what really goes on. Policies are put in place that are unrealistic.
Pros
time off
Cons
Pay
High energy workplace
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, GAApril 30, 2018
Working for Paulding County School District is a wonderful place to be a part of. The work environment is relaxing and it gives you the confidence to perform your job.
great work environment
Licensed Practical Nurse- School Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rockmart, GAMarch 28, 2018
Love working for PCSD but the pay is not competitive to adjoining county. PCSD is a wonderful place to work with good benefits, and time off. The administration is wonderful to work for as well.
Stressful daily
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GAMarch 18, 2018
don't go to work there unless you want to ruin your life very stressful. Can’t do your job without someone on your back & watching you. No accountability for the actions of students.
Pros
Time off, love children, love driving a bus
Cons
Bad management
Typical Substitute teacher environment
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GAFebruary 20, 2018
Substituting for Paulding County was typical. Your lesson plans were provided by competent teachers and the school administrators were helpful and welcoming.
Pros
Energetic Students
Good district for teachers to get their start.
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Dallas, GAFebruary 7, 2018
Days typically vary depending on location and grade level of the students. Friendly, knowledgeable staff and administration that helped me get acclimated to my new environment quickly.
Pros
Friendly and knowledgeable staff
Cons
Uncertainty with jobs.
a good place to work
Bus Monitor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, GAJanuary 10, 2018
I love my job working with special kids and the fact that you get a break in between routes but the only down fall is the hours and the money aren t enough.
Pros
good retirement
Cons
not enough wages or hours
Fun, fast paced
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GAJanuary 7, 2018
I liked how everyone worked together to get the job done. I enjoyed seeing all the kids each day.
I like the fast work pace
I especially liked. The cooking part
Pros
Free breakfast and or lunch. Summer pay
Cons
Not enough hours
Caring and invigorating enviornment
Director / Learning Bridge (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GAOctober 30, 2017
This school district valued the students, staff, and community members were valued and supported in the work environment and on a personal level. I was sorry to leave, I loved working for the district.
Great benefits
LEAD MAINTANCE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GASeptember 26, 2017
Paulding County School District is great to work for because everyone was a close family in each department. It was also close to home and there was always challenges to keep you on your toes. I enjoy knowing I helped keep the schools and buildings safe for students and others.
Pros
Benefits and environment
Paulding County School Bus Driver
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, GAAugust 27, 2017
Getting up early in the cold and heat to drive elementary and either middle or high school students to school. I was responsible for timeliness, cleanliness and behavior while on the bus. I filled out paperwork in compliance with the state reports. Completed scheduled bus service, fueled the bus when necessary. I enjoyed a lot of time off. The hardest part of the job, for me, was managing behaviors of the students while they were on the bus.
Pros
A lot of time off work
Cons
Hot and cold weather, potentially bad behavior on the bus.
Okay
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, GAJuly 16, 2017
I work on my own schedule as needed. Sometimes its hard to get jobs. Everyday is different.Jobs will come if you are willing to work in any grade and travel any distance in the county.
Pros
Short and early days
Cons
little breaks
Paulding County School District is a family oriented environment to work in.
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Hiram, GAMay 3, 2017
A typical day at Paulding County varies, some day are smooth while other days are very eventful when working with High School Children.

I have learned how to appropriately handled misconduct, and the ability to adapt quickly to changes.

The most enjoyable part of my work is building a respectful relationship with the students..
Great school district
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, GA 30132February 15, 2017
Paulding County School District is the place to be to be involved in our future. As a substitute teacher, you are able to help all children of all grades.
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, GANovember 9, 2016
Fairly easy experience with the district. However, it differs from school to school you work at. The fact that you only get paid once a month is the biggest downfall ever! If you don't work during the pay period schedule for that month you're out of luck. Wouldn't advise this job for single house holds as the pay is not reliable.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Has a pay schedule that only pays once a month
Schools
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GAJune 9, 2016
working for the school district is a wonderful experience though not much opportunity to become full time. The opportunity to work with children was wonderful but one of the hardest but enjoyable jobs that I had to date. Even you want to become a teacher this school district is a great place to work.
School day work hours
School Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, GAMarch 1, 2016
Working in the lunchroom lets me make a little money while the kids are at school and be home when they are. The kitchen is much more laid back than a typical office setting is. Teamwork is very important as each days meal preparation can vary for each person and certain things must be done before meal service begins. I love getting to chat with the kids and not have to be 'in charge' of them, though they do need to behave in line. You will be hot and sweaty by the end of the day as we have to clean up serving line, all pans and utensils. Floors must be swept and mopped. Quick pace during service time getting kids in and out, keeping the food cooking. Standards must be followed regarding recipes, food temps., cleaning chemicals. Lifting cases of food up to 30 pounds.
Pros
off when no school, free lunch, no work to take home
Cons
physical job, important to be there each day
Just a number.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GADecember 30, 2015
I was only with the PCSD for a short time before they outsourced all custodial duties county wide but I was there long enough to realize we were all just numbers on a budget sheet.

There wasn't a time that I felt like I had the support of my superiors and they did not one time show that they cared about our well being.
My entire tenure with PCSD was spent at one school where we we 4 people short.

My co-workers were supportive (because they had to be) but they all hated their jobs and were constantly moaning and groaning about management.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
Very demanding job with no administrative support
Business Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GAJuly 31, 2014
The hardest part of the job was being held liable for all students.