Work wellbeing score is 65 out of 100

Pavilions Employee Reviews

United States201 reviews

grocerydelistoredepartmentcustomercashiercustomdiscount

Okay for a first job

The job was fine for what it was but the pay was terrible. Coworkers were great and the only thing that made the job worth it. Management was fine and helpful when needed.

not pleasant

the pay was ok. there were some friendly coworkers, but in my experience there were some who made work uncomfortable, I wished they kept their thoughts or comments about peers to themselves.

Pros

pay

Cons

long hours, pay union, uncomfortable work environment

Pavilions insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Not honest

When working there I was offered to work for the .com (online shopper) position or cashier. I chose .com thinking it would pay more since it’s a bit more work which was fine with me. At the time I wasn’t even getting paid minimum wage (about $12-14hr at the time) and I didn’t know it. No matter which position I would’ve chosen I feel like they would’ve paid me the same way. This was my first job, and personally I didn’t like it much.You HAVE to pay to be in the union. Not only do they deduct taxes from your paycheck the union takes a cut from it as well even if you don’t use the healthcare provided from the company. I didn’t know you HAVE to pay for it from the start and it added up —took up a good chunk of my pay when I was struggling to make ends meet at the time.

Pros

Willing to work aerobús your schedule if needed.

Cons

You HAVE to pay to be part of the union. Management and coworkers need to communicate better.

Easy work and Flexible Schedule

The workload isn't too hard if you can walk and carry loads of 10 lbs typically. Managers are easy to talk to as long as you do your job. The schedule is pretty flexible, especially if you are in school.

Decent

Good pay and benefits, union job. Downside is that it’s retail and people can be really mean. And scheduling can really suck sometimes. Definitely a good career choice if you need decent money and don’t mind people.

Great job

Awesome place my career has been going great since I started here. I love the opportunity to work with so many different individuals who all have different perspectives.

Deli or bakery are the worse jobs their might as well work at a fast food place.

Upon getting hired at this location my only request was to not serve food. Hiring manager put me in the Deli. I gave it a chance and was unhappy with customers attitude and having to do everyone else's jobs and my own. If they listened to me I would still be working there.

Pros

Paid time off and paid vacations

Cons

Deli and bakery are a joke.

San Miguel Pavilions

Normal deli stuff rot. chicken, potato wedges, sliced meats etc. The culture is toxic and all the coworkers talk bad about each other. I simply want to work and go home but it is impossible in the environment. No training. Im sure its the only Pavilions with this culture but kinda crazy how store managers let it get so bad

Pros

Easy job

Cons

horrible environment, toxic culture, ignorant store managers

It’s better since the upper management has left.

It’s a Good environment and coworkers, but often short-staffed. Learning a lot. Most enjoyable part of the job is the supportive staff. Staffing can be disorganized at times, but overall fine. It’s what you make out of your position.

Terrible Supervisor in Floral

Supervisor was terrible, would tell you to do one thing then forget all about it. The work was fun otherwise, watering plants, cleaning the area, helping out customers. Customers were very nice.

Excellent environment

Great place to work because of flexibility and pay. The management is understanding and open to feed back. Good hours and abilit to pick up extra shifts for overtime. Easy computer work and stress less environment.

Some

Some workers were great! Some staff were great! I loved the clients, Their animals. But a lot of them didn't care about the patients or job duties, no cleaning,washing,orgabization. Staff in admin were very unorganizsd, lacked communicatuon

Pros

Dead no life

Cons

Dead no life

fun workplace, good people, bad pay

It was a good place to start off my work experience but the pay isnt all too great and i needed something more in my field of work…. not a grocery store.

Low pay

The pay is very low and there’s no incentive to be a hard worker. I worked 10 times as hard as my coworker yet we got paid the exact same amount. Very frustrating.

Work you til you drop

Let’s just say they work you til you drop. I asked for days off months in advance for DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS. Still never got days off because they were understaffed. I was told it’s not “ideal” when I was working 40+ hours and one girl wouldn’t even work 24. Simply because she didn’t feel like it. Also you have to clean up other peoples (the favorites) messes while they get to walk around like they own the store. I would never, absolutely never recommend people to work here ever again.

Decent, not great

It's a grocery store. Hard work ethic does not get you very far in this place as far as promotions go. Staying on for a long time is more important than being good at your job. Many employees call out and everyone knows nobody gets meaningful punishment for not showing up.

Easy job

Loved my job as it was fairly easy packaging everything and taking orders but management was terrible. All the higher ups didn’t know how to do their jobs but expected everyone else to pick up their slack. Lots of nasty attitudes but at least I had some great coworkers.

Understaffed alot

In my department which is the deli department we’re always understaffed. When other departments like the bakery or meat department need help, the managers want us to help them even though we’re not trained to work at those departments it’s annoying. Overall the work is simple but depending on how good and reliable your co workers are that will determine your experience there.

Pros

“Flexible” schedules

Cons

Understaffed and underpaid

Flexibility

The job is very flexible if u don’t mind a changing schedule every week or working anytime of day this job is for you. You can advance if you work hard and gain experience to be a manager to do so. The starting pay is low but you can make your way up to the top. The management sometimes isn’t as supportive as they should be. Overall a good job and hard work if you work in the deli. Meet different people. And there’s a employee discount.

The customers are better than the manager

It could be the area i work in or i do a good job, i like the customers. I feel more appreciative by the customers than my manager. Co-workers are lazy but they treated nicely, even giving more chance for promotion. Manager dont look at employees as human but numbers.

A great launching pad for high school graduates

I worked in the Starbucks department for 5 months only in 2017. At the time, I did not have the best experiences with store managers but the Starbucks department was managed well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pavilions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits