Pawtucket Credit Union Employee Reviews

banking
teller (Former Employee) –  N Providence, RIJune 29, 2018
banking financial needs for it's members. I learned how to manage money & take care of a lot of financial ends. It was enjoyable meeting all sorts of new people.
Overall a good place
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIApril 10, 2018
The branch I was located at specifically had a terrible manager and she was not interested in helping out the team. She constantly called out and when she was there she made her self unavailable for half of the day.

The company overall was a great place to work they respected and valued the company, I believe the work experience would have been better if we had different management.
Pros
Birthday lunches, raffles, vacation time
Cons
Few cent raises, management
productive
Operation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJuly 17, 2017
This is a great place to work for. Great people work here and great place to get some experience. Also everyone is willing to help and very good on giving people opportunities.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
doesnt pay well compare to other institions
Great company to work for.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIOctober 10, 2016
As a teller, I performed typical duties assisting members of the credit union. The hardest part of the job was every day being the same and not having much variety. Enjoyable part was the hours.
Pros
Non-monetary benefits
Cons
No where to go.
Productive and friendly workspace, great community sense
E-Commerce Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIAugust 13, 2016
Working at PCU was great, everyone is very willing to help you succeed and work together for common goals. Management is always increasingly helpful. Hardest part of the job is customer service, general public can be a bit rambunctious. Most enjoyable part was the community that is shared between everyone that works at PCU. Lots of events and seminars to attend in-house and within the community.
Pros
Lots of community service opportunities.
Room for advancement and/or lateral moves
employee (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIFebruary 12, 2016
The company prides itself on employee development and promotions from within. Job openings are posted internally before posting to the website. If you express an interest in another position within a different department there is opportunity to job shadow. If you make it known what your career plans are, most managers will direct you on how to attain those goals. The company also offers a mentoring program that pairs an employee with a senior level manager who will also provide guidance in career growth, professionalism, and development.
Pros
benefits, employee recognition program, Holiday party
Voted one of RI "Best Places to Work"
External Mortgage Originator (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIMay 26, 2015
Great Credit Union with an excellent reputation in the community. The company has wonderful benefits; the health/dental insurance for families even includes domestic partners.
Interesting place to work, great place, even greater people
Maintenance/Driver (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIMarch 15, 2015
Since starting at PCU, I have enjoyed my employment like I have in all my work history. Arrive on time scout the grounds take care of what has to be done to insure a positive atmosphere a clean and orderly bank. After we put up any orders that came into the dept the day before for that's days delivery. Always check with management if there are any pressing issues to be tackled that day. Instead of the daily plan. I think the best part is a sense of accomplishment and knowing I made someone's job easier by repairing or fixing something. Toughest part is a no brainer shoveling the snow of the roofs of our buildings.
Pros
great people, good benifects for part time close to home walk to work
Cons
thats a tough one if there were many cons I would quit if I, m not happy how can I do my work.
Great first job!
Teller/Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIFebruary 23, 2015
It was a great first job to have, very hands-on training. Easy information to pick up, very easily trained. Very upbeat and fast place to work.
Rated in Top 5 companies to work for In Rhode Island 3 years in a row!
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RINovember 3, 2014
Great company to work for. Good employee atmosphere, despite the fact that we have almost 500 employees everyone gets to know each other and there is always someone there to help you resolve and issue on behalf of a member. I have learned many invaluable skills pertaining to banking operations, customer services, computer procedures. The hardest part of the job is assisting members when the issue is not something you can directly resolve for them. The most enjoyable part of the job is the rapport you develop with your coworkers and the membership over the years.
Pros
Paid Holidays, Paid birthday off, great benefits package, many locations, excelent management staff
Cons
Long hours, Location transfers.
Great Place to Work
Member Service Representative/Teller (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIApril 24, 2013
The management were I currently work is absolutely awesome, everyone works as a team and helps each other out. I've learned alot as far as loans and lending but interested in much more.
Great Company
Teller/ Translator (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket RIMarch 12, 2012
Great environment, great company, nice benefit packages. Nice place to stay if you plan on advancing within the company!
Pros
secure, great benefits, great perks, great environment
Cons
not allowing over-time anymore