Paxxon Healthcare Services

Working at Paxxon Healthcare Services: 11 Reviews

United States11 reviews

Relaxed but stressful

Originally the salary was 14.50 but i asked for 16 and recived it. The job isn't hard there is just a lot of small things to keep track of. It's very easy to be stressed if any of those things falls behind. The management will be sure to seen passive aggressive emails about work not done correctly. There is a lot of personal phone use to be in contact with staff. I wouldn't expect a raise even if you are tasked with more work. They will ask you to go to other locations and wont compensate travel unless it's from building to building. The job is very independent and if you know your job you will be left alone

Supportive

Paxxon is a great company to work for. They have very supportive management/supervisors who are always there to assist as needed. At Paxxon, you genuinely feel a part of the team and valued as an employee-something that is hard to come by in long-term care. It's a very collaborative environment, and it's evident that everyone enjoys their job and wants the best for the residents.

Paxxon Healthcare Services insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Fun company to work for!

I started working here as a new grad & I absolutely love it. The job is super flexible & the staff is the best & the residents end up becoming like family! Management is great & does everything they can to keep our staff happy!

Pros

Flexibility, great management, fun co worker!

Cons

No holiday pay

Great Management

Flexible schedule-therapists are able to make their own schedule. Very competitive pay compared to other companies. Great support from above-can always call management and will have an answer.

Love

I LOVE working for Paxxon, best job I have ever had. 100% flexible with you, and makes sure you get your hours. I have so much fun working for this company.

Unethical and overworked

The facility I worked at really felt like a Medicare farm. I felt we were taking advantage of the captive population in the assisted living home and signing people up for therapy through guilting their family with power of attorney to sign off. They have 80% of the residents that live there on therapy and almost all of them had already used all the benefits on their insurance by the middle of the year. Half or less had actual need for therapy, and the reason given was always vague such as “general strengthening” or “Good one on one time”. All this bologna on the caseload forced everybody on the team to be overworked and incredibly disorganized, which was really exacerbated by the awful infrastructure this company offers. Everyone had to use an outdated web based documentation on their personal laptops plus all communication was via text messages on personal phones (including patient info). Sketchiest company I’ve ever worked for by a long shot. I was itching to go back to working a retail job instead. Steer clear.

Pros

Good coworkers, good boss that really wanted me to succeed

Cons

Unethical practices, ungodly workload, horrible infrastructure

Horrible pay, lots of stress!!

For the amount of work I did, I should of made at least twice as much money. The residents at the facility were nicer than my coworkers. I had to call POA'S to get permission to start therapy and do all the paperwork to get them started. The best part about the job were the residents. They were so nice. I loved running the exercise classes with most of them. There was 1 floor that I didn't like, though because of 1 particular resident that gave me grief.

Pros

Mon-Fri hours

Cons

Underpaid

Horrible horrible horrible LAZY management/regional managament, no raises, no anything

You have no professional management advocacy... gd luck if an ethical issues arises handle it yourself, new employees/prn staff are minimally trained, the worst documentation process very tedious...Absolutely no raises or cont ed, no career growth or opportunities, you get paid to be a therapist when in fact your doing the managers job 100% of the time. Only positive thing about this job is you get to manage your schedule but that only keeps you satisfied so long .

Exciting company to work for

Paxxon is a Health care agency that provides fee per service work to their contracted workers. A great agency to work for if you're looking for fee for service work.

Pros

Great people at the agency

Cons

no benefits, low pay

Loved working here

This was a great place to work, organized, supportive staff and management. supportive to their staff and encouraged continuing education. Very receptive to employee ideas and encouraged personal growth.

Very poor experience working for this company.

Poor management. Refused to listen to any comments or concerns from therapists. Constant fault finding, and never any positive feedback. Worst of all, our CEU reimbursement was taken away, PTO was lowered from 30 to 23 days per year, and salaried employees were changed to hourly, with very brief notification. No raise in 4 years.

Pros

Mone

Cons

Many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paxxon Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits