Paychex, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,207 reviews matching the search See all 1,214 reviews
Great company, excellent leadership and opportunities for advancement
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 15, 2018
Good company, excellent training, the management team is committed to your overall success, if you are looking for career growth, opportunities are endless.
Pros
Room for advancement, work life balance
Cons
you can feel isolated from other divisions/ departments at times
Good Pay for area
Senior Dedicated Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2018
Good Pay for area. I learn to teach myself the business. Management will request that you handle things on your own or reach out to your equally busy coworkers for assistance.
Will recommend
Senior Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 13, 2018
Excellent company to work for, lots and lots of training, great work environment. Fun, casual and team-oriented. Low compensation. Good benefits, job culture
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Disorganized weekly load
Paychex
UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Rochester NYNovember 13, 2018
During my two years employed with Paychex, there has been continued demonstrations of Paychex values, including partnership and respect from supervisors and peers, creating an ideal work environment.
ok
Work Study (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 10, 2018
I have worked here for 19 years. some things have changed but most have not. We have a huge focus on culture and talk a lot about it and our values. Thanks!
Great Company to work for
Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 9, 2018
Between the benefits and the managers willingness to work around you this is an excellent company to work for. The only reason I am looking for other work is because I am a student and the hours I am currently working are really draining.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Depending on your department it can be hard to move up.
Nice place to work- great place to start a career
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 8, 2018
Overall good experience. Employees are trained well and given transferable/desirable skills. Great work environment and made good friends along the way.
Pros
Benefits, Work Environment
Cons
Management is typically hired internally bc of good performance, does not make for good leadership though
Temp job
Taxpay Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 8, 2018
this was just a temp job that I had for Paychex. The company is a great place to work. I did several odds and ends for them but would definitely consider looking into a full time position.
Paychex Overview
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 7, 2018
Paychex training is top notch and continuing. There is a true culture of Customer Service and being the best that you can be. While the schedules are not flexible, the benefits are good.
Pros
Top notch training
Cons
No flexible schedules
It's a good place to work, a great stepping stone.
Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 7, 2018
Paychex teaches you what you need to know to go farther in this career path. They are not par in many areas which leads to employees looking elsewhere. They are more focused on cutting costs, therefore forcing employees to work with products that don't work or frequently fail. Upsetting the clients and setting the employees up for failure.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
They don't listen to their employees. Their new changes often distroy what worked well previously.
Admin
Administrative Assistance - Marketing and IT (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 6, 2018
Administrative Assistance  Submit expense reports to corporate senior leaders who request support,

 Set up meetings quickly and with coordination of attendees’ schedules.
Over worked underpaid
Business Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 30, 2018
Paychex prides themselves on taking care of their employees. Employees were over worked underpaid and never received a good job even if it meant I would stay til 8:00PM to get everything done for the next business day.
Great company /benefits. Some changes were cumbersome.
Senior Payroll Specialist at Paychex (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 30, 2018
Paychex was a great place to work. The clients and helping them were my favorite parts of the job. Co- workers were great. It's a real team effort. New software/systems caused some growing pains.
Great Company
Senior Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 30, 2018
For the most part a great company. They will work you to death and HATE to pay OT. Continued employee education. Management fails to clean out problem employees.
Pros
Great continued employee education, great benefits
Cons
work load, avoids paying OT
IT Department was decent until new management took over
Tools Admin - Application & Data Analysis (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 23, 2018
Paychex was very enjoyable to work for for the first 7 years I was there. They brought in new IT management in the last 2 years I was there and they replaced established managers and employees with people they knew from the new managers last company, thereby driving over 200 well qualified IT people to pursue other work.
Good company focused on both its people and its success
Fraud & Risk Analysis Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 21, 2018
Industry leader with emphasis on employee engagement and positive culture. Known for its training programs and ethics with creative ways to collaboratively drive business strategy.
great work enviornment
National Sales Support - MMS Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 18, 2018
Great experience. Learned a lot of good information to carry on with regards to building a solid pipeline for future opportunities .
Great coaching and monitoring through the training process to develop the right habits for success.
Fast-Paced, Always Busy
Exec.Assistant to the Sr. VP, CFO and Treasurer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 17, 2018
Paychex is a fast-paced, always busy environment. There is always something new in the Executive area and one can stay engaged very easily.

I spend a great deal of time managing the CFO's calendar, as his time is in great demand. I also work with Investor Relations, talking with shareholders and institutional analysts.

The hardest part of the job is juggling the schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is the many good people who work here.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
need for better communication
Love all my Supervisors
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 16, 2018
Loved working at Paychex, love my Branch Manager at the time of employment, however new manager made significant changes and I was laid off due to personal dislike
management
Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJOctober 16, 2018
Great place to work, people are friendly and helpful, flexible work schedule. management is very helpful. I only work twice a week. I'm looking for full time work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paychex, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Paychex, Inc..

Powered by Comparably