Paychex, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun to work
Senior Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAJune 20, 2018
The immediate supervisors made this a great environment and truly cared about the teams. Any upper level management only cared about money. They recently did more layoffs.
Worse Job Ever!
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  New KarnerJune 20, 2018
They make you work hard for little pay. If you get a raise its very small. Would never recommend this job to no one. I had four different supervisors in the 2 years Ive been there because the turn over.
Data Entry Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 20, 2018
People are friendly, if you're a good, reliable worker, they try to keep you in the company whether it's a new department or higher position.
One thing they can improve is some of the Trainers in their departments could use a little bit more training themselves before actually trying to train new people.
Great Money!
Retirement Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJune 19, 2018
This position has a base pay of 53k plus commission. The commission will put you over 100k/year. Financial freedom can be reached! Tools to succeed in this role are always available.
Good Company to Start
Sales (Former Employee) –  MDJune 19, 2018
Paychex is a good company to begin an outside sales career. They give you in depth training before you enter the field. You are handling sensitive information, so organization is key.
Pros
Existing book of business
Cons
Cold Calling
Solid company, questionable opportunities
401K Rep, HR Online Rep, Business Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 18, 2018
The company has a solid product and, the company is an industry leader. But, I question the company's willingness to advance people of color to management.
Pros
Solid company product
Cons
advancement for people of color lacking
OK company to work for
PAYROLL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJune 14, 2018
The company provides decent training, The management is very poor. They are not concerned with supporting the staff or development of talent. Senior management is insulting and condescending.
Productive and fast paced working environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJune 12, 2018
Paychex is a great place to work if you like dealing with numbers & clients. Management is okay, can be helpful at times. Hard part about working here is being able to assist clients correctly and efficiently on a daily basis.
This company has values they dont follow
HR (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37214June 11, 2018
This company is based strictly on favoritism and who is friends with supervisors. The protocols and procedures are not followed through carefully for the job safety of the employee. Very poor management skills from supervisor. If a supervisor sees you perform in better than them they fire you. Instead of lifting you and congratulating you they become enemies and team up with others to push you out. Do not apply
Productive and fun workplace
Reports Analyst (Former Employee) –  Webster, NYJune 8, 2018
Cooperative team.
Very organized management.
Supporting coworkers.
Balanced planning.
Good health insurance.
Good yearly bonus and incentives.
Nice place to work
Pros
Free lunch and snacks
Cons
Short breaks
nice place to work
Benefit Administration Implementation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 6, 2018
Good benefits, advancement available.

Employees are nice, good team environment. Room to grow, good training is provided for all positions.

I have enjoyed my time there.
busy
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 6, 2018
Can be stressful. You are processing a lot of payrolls daily. I worked with great employees. Benefits were also great. I was able to go to school while working there. So that was a plus.
Great company and great staff back in the day
VARIOUS POSITIONS (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJune 4, 2018
It's been a while since I worked at this company, but I can honestly say that for the first 12 years I worked here, I honestly loved most things about the job, the environment, and the people that I worked for. I loved going to work. I never minded working late or on the weekends when needed. The coworkers were like my second family. Things changed around the time I left the company. Management changed and came in with different philosophies. With that, the immediate supervisors were forced to change their ways with the employees under them, and the environment begin to change. It was not all bad, but you saw things you never saw before done when it came to supervisor/employee interaction. The atmosphere definitely showed a difference from before. The training this company does is outstanding. It is always in the top 100 in the country and it shows.
Pros
Great staff, Incredible training
Cons
At the time, management change and the trickle-down atmosphere changes
Fun place to work at
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hudson, OHJune 1, 2018
• Implementation, support and inventory control of applications/Training clients on the latest software upgrades

• Develops and implements the most effective and cost efficient solutions per application

• Evaluates system specifications for business requirements including,Mac pcs,Windows 10,8,7

• Develops and prepares computer solutions that best fits the client’s needs

• Visit and conduct onsite visitation including software installations upgrades and downgrades at clients locations

• Supporting sales with representatives with presentations in pre-sales efforts that can be custom to the client’s needs

• Leadership efforts to teach others how to succeed in their current job position within the I.T department

• Works consistently as the assistant Branch manager of the company helping to work with other departments

• Also works as a retention representative to find the best solution to make sure Client have a great experience within the company

• Cisco Unity Support Technician managing the connection of server, and phone system integration, settings, reports diagnostic tools.

• Utilizes web-based collaboration tools to guide the client through the migration process and provides instructions for basic system access and utilization.

• Maintains knowledge of product application configuration to effectively install and test each client’s unique technical environment.

• Researches and resolves client issues in a timely manner to optimize client experience and satisfaction.

• Coordinates the installation of hardware and software for products for
  more... existing complex clients to ensure successful migration to new products.

• Provides client service and support in troubleshooting and resolving any customer software and hardware concerns.

• Proactively ensures ongoing client satisfaction and the highest client retention levels by participating in proactive client calls and other retention-oriented programs.

• Manages client service and support on multiple complex accounts while delivering exceptional customer service during implementation.
Pros
Great Health care and dental
Cons
Small chance to move up
Na
Health and Benefits Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 31, 2018
I left Paychex to pursue sales in another industry, now realizing that I would ultimately like to work in more of an account management role rather than a sales role.
Fun place to work for.
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 28, 2018
Good company to work for. I enjoyed my time working there. Loved my manager, She was very helpful & supportive. I miss her. My manager provided me with opportunity to learn & grow.
Good company
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 25, 2018
Great benefits. Great co-workers . Hardest part of the job is driving 100 miles per day to see clients and clients getting multiple calls from various sales channels.
Job success depends on what manager you get
Small Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 23, 2018
There are some great managers and some terrible, just like summer camp as a kid. Just don't get stuck with a bad counselor.

Training was outdated, unfocused.
Awesome
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 23, 2018
Paychex is a great company, training, support, ability to make big money is there. Must work hard, the expectation of hard work long hours are clear. The reward is there, so it is worth it.
Pros
Money
Cons
Not much free time
Great place to work with good culture and good people
Enterprise Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2018
Paychex is a good place to work. The culture is positive. They have excellent training. Management is supportive. The hardest part of the job as with many companies is obtaining resources from other departments to accomplish goals.
Pros
Size and culture
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paychex, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight