Paychex, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good company
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 25, 2018
Great benefits. Great co-workers . Hardest part of the job is driving 100 miles per day to see clients and clients getting multiple calls from various sales channels.
Job success depends on what manager you get
Small Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 23, 2018
There are some great managers and some terrible, just like summer camp as a kid. Just don't get stuck with a bad counselor.

Training was outdated, unfocused.
Awesome
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 23, 2018
Paychex is a great company, training, support, ability to make big money is there. Must work hard, the expectation of hard work long hours are clear. The reward is there, so it is worth it.
Pros
Money
Cons
Not much free time
Great place to work with good culture and good people
Enterprise Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2018
Paychex is a good place to work. The culture is positive. They have excellent training. Management is supportive. The hardest part of the job as with many companies is obtaining resources from other departments to accomplish goals.
Pros
Size and culture
Cons
Pay
Family oriented work place
ADMINSTRATIVE ASSISTANT II (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 21, 2018
Company closing its Norwalk, CT location otherwise I would definitely retire from here. Great place to work and employee become real close to one another.
Pros
Great benefit
Cons
Closing location
Good place to work, small depa
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMay 20, 2018
I've had a good experience in my workplace. My place of employment was acquired by Paychex. The position provides adequate challenge and support by management. A typical day requires a lot of email review, and consistent communication with your supervisor on clients. You must know how to communicate well with others and work as a team.The hardest part about the job is meeting deadlines, and providing coverage for co-workers who take personal time. Most enjoyable part of the job is the enthusiasm of HR department.
Pros
HR dept shows regular employee appreciation, Tuition reimbursement program
Cons
Small workplace gets a bit gossipy, Experience is based on which manager you're assigned too
Great Company until the expanded.
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHMay 18, 2018
The job was great. The co-workers were great. The management was ran like a high school cafeteria. Promotions and advancements were given based upon who you knew. Mandatory overtime in some departments would exceed legal amounts and you risked. your job if you refused.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Company is good, but it was still a call center
Client Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYMay 18, 2018
I worked in the call center. It was not the greatest position to be in. The direct management staff did what they could but the manager over the whole center changed too often and so did the rules of the position. Had I been able to stay longer I probably would have ended up in a position.
Stepping Stone
Retirement Plan Representative (Current Employee) –  anonymousMay 17, 2018
Great while it lasted, but now top level management seems disorganized on their strategy, ability to create positive work environments, and compensation for employees.
Productive and fun place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 17, 2018
A typical day as a Technical Support Representative included consistent phone work, trouble shooting, customer service, teamwork, and projects. I learned how to better utilize my multi-tasking skills, among other things. Management was great always there to lead, but they didn't micro-manage. We knew what was expected and expressed concerns and kudos in weekly meetings. The culture was laid back, professional. It was a excellent company to work for. The hardest part of the job was leaving. There was a rumor that the Denver office was closing and we should prepare. The most enjoyable part of the job besides the day to day, was the FUN Committee, which I was invited to be a part of. I also did the company Newsletter on the side.
Pros
All kinds of perks, including raises and advancement
Cons
That they were going to close our office
good company
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fishkill, NYMay 15, 2018
Good company with excellent employee benefits and friendly staff. Acts as receptionist/admin assistant. Interact with clients and develop client relationships. Job duties included logging and signing out payroll, direct deposit audit, preparing subpeonas, maintaining branch calendars for conference and training rooms.
Pros
good benefits, co-workers
Cons
salary
Strong culture
District Sales Manager, Retirement Services (Former Employee) –  Reading, MAMay 10, 2018
Strong culture
Great people
Opportunity for larger account base and size of accounts
Several teams calling same clients an opportunity
Challenging to come in from the outside
Very strong training
Amazing
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAMay 8, 2018
This is one of the best jobs that I ever had. The people, supervisors, and managers are all very nice and willing to work with you. The company wants each employee to succeed.
Pros
Lots of benefits
Cons
Can get a little stressful
Not Applicable
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, orMay 7, 2018
This question is not applicable to submitting my resume as this is not even linked to me, I just wanted to submit my resume, not revier my previous employers.
Paychecks
DSR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 7, 2018
Good place to work, loved the job. Great work environment and nice co-workers. The hours were nice and we could work over time if we wanted. I like they Paychecks had meets for any changes coming our so that we can stay on top of things.
Pros
Free fruit every month
Cons
The job was temporary
Great company with opportunities for growth
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLMay 6, 2018
Many opportunities for growth, senior sales reps are pretty much left alone as long as they are producing. Advancement opportunities galore. Excellent training programs for newer reps. Senior reps are mostly autonomous.
Pros
Heavy technology investment, well known name
Great people, job too stressful
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 4, 2018
Pauchex is a Great place to learn alot about payroll. Good people to work with. Pay was not comparable to the amount of training they make you go thru
Pros
Coworkers and job security
Cons
Pay and management
summary
Non-Standard Interface Specialist (Current Employee) –  Henrietta, NYMay 2, 2018
Paychex is a great place to work if you are built for the corporate life.
It has made drastic changes in my department on a monthly bases for the past year and not giving anything an opportunity to take shape
Great benefits, overload of work
Senior Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 1, 2018
Paychex expects payroll reps to maintain client bases of over 300 clients efficiently and accurately, which is too much to ask. Paychex is also very inconsistent with their rules and regulations on attendance policies.
Pros
Good Benefits
Fast Paced Environment
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 28, 2018
Great training program, 5+ weeks. Fast paced environment, always learning something new. Co-workers and supervisors always seem willing to help. Great PTO and benefits package that start almost immediately.
Pros
Pto, Health Benefits, 401k
Cons
Lots to learn, somewhat stressful dealing with finances

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paychex, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

64out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Paychex, Inc..