Paychex, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,173 reviews matching the search See all 1,180 reviews
Fun workplace
Human Resources Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PASeptember 24, 2018
While Paychex is a fun place to work with many enjoyable activities with co-workers, there is a distinct lack of accountability within management. Too often, problems weren't addressed properly, or at all by manager.
Not a stressful work environment
ASO New Client Set Up Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLSeptember 23, 2018
Easy work environment. Employees are hard workers. Company has events and training.Easy going and you are not micromanaged. Technology is pretty up to date.
Terrible company
Major Market Sales (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 21, 2018
Horrible company that loses customers often because they can't consistently deliver good customer service. Regardless of which department you're working in you'll have to constantly put out fires caused by incompetent employees and managers. The company's biggest competitor is much better to work for and I'd recommend that company if you want to work in payroll services.
Pros
Big company
Cons
Incompetent company
Is a great company too work for
TAA Senior Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2018
Somethings are better left unsaid. My experience with Paychex was great I loved my job. I was pressured and stressed out to obtain certain expectations. that were obtainable. The lack of training to accomplish your goals was extreme. Although if you did make friends with someone that knew everything you could easily get the training and knowledge crucial to servicing clients in an excellent manner.

Depending on your experience. paychex can definitely compensate you well, for a sense of family, Paychex lacks in that area. the environment there is pleasant and comfortable. all the latest tools are there for you to succeed. Except leadership.
Pros
great pay
Cons
lack of leadership
Productive and fun
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 18, 2018
Paychex has allowed me to grow and advance my career. My co-workers are awesome!! I started at an entry level position and there was plenty of room to advance.
Unprofessional and Discriminizing
Employer Shared Responsibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 17, 2018
If you're not one of the "favorites", don't expect to get a fair shot of pay increase, promotion, nothing. I was a contracted employee training new hires for 10 months that I was there and did not get offered a full time position with benefits during my 12 month experience being employed. I didn't receive any pays compensation for being a "new-hire" trainer and supervisors assistant, performing duties OUTSIDE the job description applied.
They will take advantage of you and if you express your concern you're on the chopping block. And they stick to certain races of whom they hire.
Pros
Working with Great Collegues
Cons
Unprofessional Management
wasn't the right job for me
District Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 17, 2018
in working here for 7 1/2 years I found that this wasn't the type of industry I wanted to be in. Payroll is not of interest to me, and neither is sitting indoors at a desk staring at a computer every day! The company changed over to being a large corporation while I was there and it negatively effected how the company treated its employees. However, I was lucky enough to have a great manager in my Sales Assistant role, but that was pretty uncommon to have a great manager that valued their employees.
Pros
great money
Cons
boring
Local branch is in need of leadership
PAYROLL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 13, 2018
A great training experience. When hired you are sent to their corporate location in Rochester, NY and given some excellent training. However, the local office has let alot of talented employees go, due to lack of leadership.
A secure place to work with excellent benefits and room for growth
HR Services Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 12, 2018
I've enjoyed working at Paychex the management is great and generally very supportive of what you're looking to do. Additionally the work life balance is fantastic as they are very flexible with your needs for appointments or time off. Lastly the benefit package is very good, although I do wish the pay was just a little higher
Pros
Good team culture, Good Worklife Balance, Great benefits
Cons
Low pay
its not bad
Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 10, 2018
everything is online via Skype and webinars, I am still currently in the training phase before I can actually get my own customers and clients, but it is a lot of computer remote trainings.
Fun and productive work culture with great incentives
National Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 9, 2018
I owe so much to Paychex for helping me get started in the right career path. The work environment, culture, people, and benefits are something I'm not so sure I could ever find again. Unfortunately their pay is just too low for my own personal bills that I have to pay right now. For someone who has a combined income with someone else it may be alright, financially.
Pros
Great work environment, sales incentives, makes work fun!
Cons
Pay
A great professional work environment that shows appreciation to their employees.
PEO Workers' Compensation Underwriting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 8, 2018
It’s a great company to work for with friendly and helpful colleagues. I would definitely recommend this company to someone looking for a professional career.
Liked job
Senior Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 7, 2018
They are responsible for of the advancement of made in my career. They provide top notch training which did not help me grow within the company, but provided me the foundation to grow when I went other places.
Good Compnay
Taxpay Specialist (Former Employee) –  Penfield, NYSeptember 6, 2018
A very strong company to work for however they put a lot on their employees. Most employees work to much or hard and often burn out. The company does pay pretty well.
the company was great, but at the time not for my schedule
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 4, 2018
I applied with the intention of taking a break from school. It was a level study work environment that didn't allow me to relax my brain the way I wanted to. I enjoyed the company, just had other intentions at the time.
Pros
The benefits from all aspects.
Cons
The level study was interesting.
Great money
Major Market Employee Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Foxboro MAAugust 29, 2018
In my opinion they held back the sales force with too many meetings cutting down our ability to sell as much as we could have. The freedom was great and the expectations of 12 appointments per week was some times hard to get.
Pros
Great Confrences
Cons
Too many meetings
Paychex
Payroll Specialist- Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 29, 2018
Great Training and loved Paychex University.

Client load could be overwhelming and management support was often non existent. The job itself was fine. Just needed more support.
Buyer beware
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 29, 2018
Depending on the region and/or sales division you are looking at, buyer beware, the turnover can be extremely high and that is not something they like to admit.
Paychex is an AMAZING job
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 25, 2018
I love my job. Generally, it is not too demanding but you do have stressful days. It is all about time management, client relationships, and your ability to manage stress in a positive way. The people I work with make my job really enjoyable. They are very supportive and willing to help. There are so many tools and resources available for you to do your job well, and the 5 week training prepares you for the tasks you'll be presented with on your first day.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, Pto, overtime, hour break
Cons
Stressful days, clients can be rude
Paychex
Payroll Specialist / Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 23, 2018
There is little to no training provided - it is the blind leading the blind. Because the training is bad, clients are often misled, manual returns are incorrect and tasks are not correctly followed through. If one could work at a Paychex with a Branch Trainer, that would be the optimal thing to do. Otherwise, I would recommend reviewing other payroll companies before onboarding with Paychex.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paychex, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss