Paychex, Inc.

Paychex, Inc. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA14 reviews
I learned a lot of valuable skills in my current position. We had weekly team training, in conjunction with an internal LMS that provided courses to improve our product knowledge.
I accepted what was to be a part-time afternoon position in administration ?n in the past year. My co-worker (or my on-site micro-manager) was my trainer, etc.

After the first two weeks working side-by-side, my co-worker announced she would be getting a better position soon and leave me to the duties that I had just learned.

I took tons of notes, paid attention to all protocol (even if it was not practiced before me) and basically was groomed to take over by the time my co-worker left (which was still with Paychex - just placed herself around the corner in order to Supervise my future and make herself better than as much as possible 24/7). Why did I say I would work full time while they obtained a better match for my co-worker? Great question.

Two months went by as I mastered parts of the job I was not to have as part-time (like processing Same Day payrolls) and several other added small things like taking over a CPA that handled many clients that was a challenge for my co-worker and a daunting task to say the least.

I quit after the two months when the temp came in with comments from my co-worker that she is the replacement for her! She was given the better desk, better computer and respect that was never given to me.

This is a company to be aware of far as people like me that believe them when they say it is only part-time. Do not waste time or let them fool you. They are the fools. Supervisor won't approve leave you earned, co-worker plots evil ways to sabotage your excellent work. Reaps with toxic environment. Find better.
Pros
Maybe a break?
Cons
Too many to name
productive and fun workplace.great employees and managers. Always willing to help others and connect other businesses to help personal and professional growth.
Company feels like family. Great benefits. The hardest part was the workload at times. Some days are longer than other. Typical day would be checking emails, faxes and calling clients for payroll processing. Reviewing data integrity.
Pros
Atomosphere
Cons
Pay
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Amazing work/life balance except for January as it is the busiest month of the year. They compensate you for pretty much everything (though gas/ wear and tear on your car maybe more than the tax free $8,000 a year they give you) Training is very extensive and maybe overboard sometimes, but will undoubtedly make you a better salesperson.
Processed payrolls for clients.
Processed Quarterly, Year End, W2's

This company is a great place to work

Lots of opportunity to grow and spread.

Payroll, tax, benefits, time, HR services offered
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Can work long hours at year end
I enjoyed working for Paychex, I just didn't like my position. I worked for the health and benefits team for companies less than 50 employees. Before working for Paychex, I did not know that health benefits were not mandatory for companies under 50 people.
It was very hard to convince a small company of 20 people to meet with you to add the cost of health care coverage for their employees when it wasn't mandatory for them to have that available.

Paychex is also a heavy suit and tie environment. I remember getting "reminded" by my manager at least twice that to go from my desk to the copier I needed to have my suit coat on. At your desk, a coat is optional, but DO NOT even think about loosening that tie! Sorry guys, it's a little too rigid for me.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Crazy strict about dress code, very hard core numbers driven
I crossed over from "operations" to sales thinking it would be a great move and was very disappointed. I never received the training that I should and management was very unorganized and "wishy washy". I would not recommend working as an assistant of any sort for Paychex sales.
Cons
little to no training, management, compensation
Good company with a very good work life balance. There are great benefits and they pay is also good. On a typical day there is a lot of travel in the field and working on finding new prospects to sell to.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Paychex, Inc.?
Managed a client base providing HR consulting and HR Strategic Guidance.

Served a mentor and subject matter expert for team.

Enjoyed working with clients and team members.

Juggling large number of clients and dealing with issues that I did not have direct authority to recitify was hard.

Enjoyed the flexible schedule and the diversity of the position.
Pros
Schedule, Client and Team
Cons
Large clients
Great place to start a sales career. There is very little room for advancement. High turnover rate no job security.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No room for advancment
Learned the ins and outs of how payrolls are processed by an outside resource. Enjoyed dealing directly with clients. Excellent co-workers. Ongoing training, usually on a weekly basis.
Pros
Always learning and being engaged with the client
Cons
This company is a good company to work or depending on which branch. The work environment varies from branch to branch.
We work in a call center environment, help clients with payroll via phone, email or online.

I have learned how to process tax payments, create tax forms for federal, state and local government and stay inform about changes in the industry.

Management takes care of you and provides resources to help you improve.