Paychex, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,081 reviews matching the search See all 1,086 reviews
Challenging, rewarding, flexible
Senior Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 24, 2018
I have learned so much working in payroll and I continue to grow with every day that passes. The training Paychex offers keeps us prepared for all the new regulations that are passed. The company is nationwide so it allows us to work from remote offices when necessary.
Casual atmosphere
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCApril 23, 2018
Scanned documents daily, maintained filing system
There was very little opportunity advancement
Very lazy workplace environment
Enjoyed employee outings
Pros
Employee outings
Cons
Very little advancement
Large Corporation
Claims Processor, Section 125 Department (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYApril 23, 2018
Although PayChex is a large corporation, they treat their employees with the utmost respect and provide and generously comfortable work environment for employees.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Low Pay
Good Company
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 20, 2018
Paychex is a good company to work for. Great benefits and a good leadership team that wants to see its employees succeed. Stress and work-life balance are challenging at times. Great opportunity since it is such a large company.
Wonderful company that encourages growth
Client Service Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYApril 19, 2018
Paychex is a very large company with lots of career options. Althought there are many available positioins, employees are un able to advance or get promoted unless they have been in their current role for one year.
Avoid if you want a career
Sr Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 19, 2018
Joined Paychex with an expectation of moving up within a year or two. After 15 months, applied for a position and my leader at the time refused to approve in spite of the fact that I was more than qualified.
Exceptional Training Organization
Premier Human Resource Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYApril 19, 2018
Paychex, Inc. is an exceptional training organization. All employees receive initial, ongoing and extended training on subject matter. The ability to become a subject matter expert is high.
Great right out of college
SENIOR SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 17, 2018
Paychex has great training and is perfect for anyone wanting to get into sales. If you have just graduated college, this is a jump start into a promising career.
Pros
fun
Cons
high goals
Great Company
Senior Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 16, 2018
It has been a good company to work for. I have great coworkers. They offer a great benefits package. They offer great training to get you prepared for your role as a payroll specialist.
Hard to move up and low pay
HR Benefits (Former Employee) –  West Henrietta, NYApril 16, 2018
I was in the same position as 10 others on a team where some of us were making less than half of what others were. It just makes you feel horrible about working there.
Super Stressfull
SENIOR PAYROLL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 15, 2018
Very heavy workload, with minimal training. Management talks about advancement but the positions are just not available, or are filled by outside hires with no experience at all. They are always understaffed which puts added stress and workload on the team. You can expect to always be behind schedule.
Payxhex is a thriving and very successful Company
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 13, 2018
I learned a lot about the workplace culture at Paychex. A typical day at work was high paced.
The hardest part of the job was poor training. My commute was a challenge and the distance was not close enough to my residence, I wold recommend this company for a younger professional that would intend to make a career out of Data Entry at Paychex. For me, it was a challenge to sit at a desk all day. I believe input from employees and am not so sure that was exactly welcomed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the wonderful working relationships among employees.
I learned a lot about myself within that environment.
Paychex
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 10, 2018
Good culture. Poor product training and too may divisions calling on the same client base. They give you excellent tools to work with and reward you if you succeed. Quotas are the same across the country. Should be based on individual regions of the country.

Poor communication between devisions. Creates a lot of client issues. Can't count how many times clients asked, "Don't you all talk to each other."
Pros
Good tools to work with
Cons
poor product training
Good employer if you can handle an ever-changing workplace, and work your way up.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 10, 2018
After several years with the company, I experienced many facets of the business model and several management styles. I began a positive working relationship with great management and moderately flexible hours, and reported to a very understanding supervisor who worked with each team member individually to ensure that career goals were met and work-life balance was achieved.
After a few years, I had moved to a new team and worked for a remote supervisor who wasn't successful at managing a team that way. By the time I took my most recent position with Paychex, the culture was completely different than when I started, and it became increasingly difficult to balance my family and my career with unrealistic expectations set forth by management on that team. I was happy to have the opportunity to take some time off and reset my career path and look for something that is better suited for the needs of my family.
Remote Work
Retirement Plan Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 9, 2018
If you are looking for a postion with Paychex, the main opportunities are in the Human Resource position and Major market payroll Sales. Remote workers are treated like the outcast and if you dont fit in with the main team- good luck.
Successful Good palce to work
Secretary, Bookkeeper, and Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14608April 7, 2018
Paychex was a professional, useful business. I enjoyed working there. I learned much about bookkeeping and office finance. It was a clean comfortable company to work for. I would recommend Paychex, Inc.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Wages are slightly below other businesses
Get in and get out
Health and Benefits Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 5, 2018
It's a fine place to work if you don't report to a supervisor. Most are 10 year veterans that think it's a requirement to put up with a meat grinder culture to move ahead. Meet your quota only to have it raised next month.
Pros
People respect the company
Cons
Dissonance among employees
Culture Shifted
Payroll Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTApril 5, 2018
I would recommend any person that would like to get a start in their career in sales at Paychex. The company will reward hard work and many different ways.

The reason why I left Paychex was to pursue another career path.
Great Opportunity
SENIOR PAYROLL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHApril 4, 2018
Great opportunity for advancement and continued training. Competitive hourly wages. Management very helpful and understanding, Benefits are great (medical, dental, vision, life). Paid time off, sick time, and float vacation time. Typical office hours,
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Management
Cons
Stressful Environment, Turnover
Decent Place, not good
Health and Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 2, 2018
Work has many factions and cliques and is filled with people who went to same high school in Rochester. Expect favoritism, benefits good and there are some good people.
Pros
Benefits, free coffee
Cons
Customer base, coworkers, base salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paychex, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss