Paycom
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100

Paycom Employee Reviews

United States523 reviews

catergymgrowingpsdculturegrowthworklifebalance

Accomplished more than I ever thought was possible

Featured review

Paycom selected this as a representative review
If you are serious about personal and professional accomplishments, you will not find a better vehicle for growth, accomplishment, development, financial success, support and career advancement than at Paycom.Truly a once in a decade organization in hyper growth mode and positioned to revolutionize an industry. If you want to be the best version of yourself everyday; expedite any and all financial and life goals; and be part of a team all focused on learning and personal development, this is the place for you.Do not look at Paycom if you are looking for a slower paced environment or for a 'monthly/quarterly check-in' management model. You will be challenged and you will be managed at Paycom. The first year is also often described as the hardest year of people's career - it is not easy. However, you will also become a better professional and accomplish things you never knew you could.This is a fast paced, results oriented, growth mindset environment, but with abundance of resources, support and training.If you are ambitious, driven and can keep up for the first 6-9 months, you will change the trajectory of your life and you'll never look back!

December 3, 2020
We appreciate you sharing your experience with others! We agree, Paycom challenges and stretches its employees, and fortunately, those challenges come with great opportunities for career growth. Thank you for being a part of the team!

Run from this place

Terrible terrible place to work. Management only cares about finding cookie cutter people to be TL’s and then places them wherever will best further their careers without any thought or concern for the team they are over. Teams are constantly stunted and overwhelmed because leaders are always from different departments and have no idea how to do the jobs they are managing. Management is very cliquey and it’s a very “it’s a small club and you ain’t in it mentality”. They also pay less than they could because they are constantly wasting money on free t shirts and other “perks”. Not to mention the fact that they expect you to work well over 45 hours a week every week. Don’t even think about taking a lunch break.

November 23, 2022
We're disappointed with your description of the Paycom work culture, as we strive to make it a place of empowerment, compassion and inclusivity. The experience you shared is not up to the Paycom standard, and we want to learn more. Please reach out to us at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com.

Paycom insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Beware of burnout

Depending on the department you're under, bad leadership can make or break you. Overall great place to work if you avoid burnout. High stress but decent pay.

November 22, 2022
Paycom leadership is determined to be a constant source of support for our team members, and we hope you experienced this during your time with us. Thank you for your review.

Clear job requirements nothing extra

They give you a low salary because the give you "extra" stuff. like free t-shirts, discounted events and good benefits. I live pay check to pay check but I can keep warm with me free shirt. If you cant fit in the box expected you will be treated poorly for it. You are not a human just another employee.

November 21, 2022
Our teams regularly assess pay structures to remain a competitive employer and retain top talent. We'd like to learn more about your feedback to give our leaders more insight into team member experiences. Please reach out to us at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com.

Fast paced challenging sales job, great compensation and fun

Love my job at paycom. It was incredibly challenging the first few months but once I got into the swing of things I am thriving. It is a very hunting focused sales job so if you are unsure about sales I would go for something else.

Pros

paid insurance, stock options, high wage

Cons

not very flexible with coming into office

November 15, 2022
It's great to know that your career with Paycom is rewarding, challenging, and fun. We are proud to know that our team members are happy and thriving in their positions. Thank you for sharing your review! If you'd like to share more about your feedback, reach out to us at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com.

Not bad, not the best.

Work life balance is not great. Leadership does not allow remote work when needed and PTO is hard to build up. The role itself is easy to learn however Paycom changes their processes so often that it’s hard to keep up with every new responsibility. Leadership is also okay—it really seems like team leads care about growth opportunities and helping teams advance. However some team leads have poor communication styles & will expect their teams to pick up on the changes rolled out immediately with little support/training/instruction. $4 catered lunches are nice though!

November 14, 2022
We know that working at a fast-growing company comes with unique challenges, and we're grateful for the hard work our team members do. We'd like to learn more about your feedback, as our leaders are continuously looking for ways to make improvements at Paycom. Reach out to us at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com, and a member of our team will reach out.

Growth at Paycom

Paycom is the best place to work, it is a fast paced workplace with endless opportunities for growth!

Pros

Growth Opportunity

Cons

Fast paced workplace can be a con

November 4, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review! We're glad you're enjoying your leadership role at Paycom.

Not a good place to work for me

If you’re anything like me and enjoy working, this isn’t for you. I didn’t do anything all day. There’s never any work and people here are not supportive at all. I definitely don’t recommend people to work here but everyone has different experiences.

November 2, 2022
Our fast-paced environment lends itself to productive challenges that allow our team members to grow in their professional skills. We hope you took the time to share your concerns with your team lead before you left, but if not we'd like to learn more about your experience in the tax department. Reach out to us at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com, and a member of our team will be in touch.

Good company but avoid PSD

PSD pay is amazing but the hours and the workload are not it. I don’t recommend unless you want to stay after your shift to get caught up. Training didn’t seem to help with this position, there is so much one doesn’t know when you hit the floor. It feels like you are expected to drown.

October 24, 2022
We're happy to know your overall impression of Paycom was that of a good company; however, our goal is to create a positive and healthy work environment for all our team members. If you don't mind, please reach out to us at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com to tell us more about your experience in PSD.

A good company overall, depends on department

I believe it is a god company overall; however NCS is very cliquish and many managers are ageist. If you are not in their clique, they do not provide the necessary support needed and treat you badly to try to get people to quit. I felt targeted as I did not get along with the main clique.

Pros

Lunch cost

Cons

very cliquish; ageiem

October 19, 2022
The experience you've described does not align with the values we hold to protect our team members' working environment. We'd like to learn about your review to continue improving our company's culture. Reach out to us at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com, and a member of our team will be in touch.

Good culture

Good place to work as long as you’re not in PSD. Benefits are nice, could use higher time off amounts. Traffic sucks so prepare to spend at least 40 minutes of your day entering and leaving the parking lot. If you’re fine with 173.3 hours of your year driving around parking lot because they don’t offer work from home, then great place to work.

October 18, 2022
Thank you for your review! If you'd like to share more about your feedback, reach out to your HR Business Partner or contact us at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com.

What is the best part of working at the company?They take care of their employeesWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Haven’t experienced oneWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very accomodatingWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Not to busy

October 13, 2022
We understand at Paycom that our people are our greatest asset, and we continue to work hard to create an environment that allows them to grow both personally and professionally. We're glad to hear about your experience with this, and we want to thank you for leaving us a review!

Micromanaged

They have a great training program, where they bring you to OKC for a few weeks. They make you feel like you can run through a brick wall. Then as soon as you get back to your city, things change. They micromanage, every call, task. where you do more documentation and reporting than you job itself. This role is a sales role. They have a "woo girls" type call every Friday and people who get sales that week report. I know many old coworkers who were told by their bosses what to say in that company wide meeting, "Follow the process"/ My whole new hire group. 10 of the 12 were gone by year 2. My Boss was awesome, however he was so micromanaged that he was under a lot of pressure to get numbers

Pros

The Software is great, great training program

Cons

Micromanaged, very high turnover

October 13, 2022
The culture you are describing does not match the standard we want to achieve for our employees. While we're glad our training was informative and encouraging, we'd like to learn more about your experience in the sales office to share with the new leader. Reach out to us at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com, and a member of our team will reach out.

Productive and fun work environment

This is a great company to work for. They care about their employees and try hard to make us feel appreciated. You have opportunities to grow at Paycom.

October 10, 2022
We prioritize providing our team members with great opportunities to grow and succeed in their career. We're glad your enjoying your position with us! Thank you for all you do and for leaving us a review!

Fast paced, fun and enjoyable. High stress.

Great benefits and group activities. People are nice. Team support. No time to be bored. Always something to do. Innovative, caring, very high tech, training is great.

Pros

Café on Site, Great benefits. Family oriented. Health insurance very reasonable. Pays good for my position.

Cons

Stress. A lot of overtime.

October 5, 2022
It's great to know you're well supported and challenged in your position with Paycom. We're proud to offer our team members many benefits to thank them for their hard work. Those benefits include access to well-being advisors and mental health programs to help manage seasons of stress. We hope you'll take advantage of these. Thank you for the review!

You get to solve/provide solution to real life client problems everyday

In all my 8+ years till date at Paycom, the most exciting part of my everyday Job is knowing that I solve real clients problem everyday. Knowing that the software solutions I developed makes an impacts in our clients and their employees. Providing software solutions that makes life a little easier for them.

October 3, 2022
We're glad your Paycom career has been rewarding, and we want to thank you for the work you do to make our clients’ lives easier. Thank you for your review!

Toxic

If you like feeling like you are always behind on your work and your minimum work week is 46 hours then you’d love it at Paycom. You are under trained and over worked. There is zero work life balance. I was in the ER with my toddler and my team lead was asking me if I had taken my lap top with me and when I was going to log onto work.

October 3, 2022
We believe our team members are our greatest asset, and we are discouraged to read your review. We have high standards for companywide culture and wellness. We hope you shared these concerns with your team lead before you left. If not, or if you would like to discuss your review in further detail, contact us at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com, and a member of our team will reach out.

Fast growing company

Fast paced environment which is reactive to the market. Some standards exist but a lot you figure out as you go. It takes some time before you have a good understanding of the system being tested.

September 28, 2022
Paycom is proud to lead in an ever-changing industry, and it makes us happy to see our teams embrace these challenges too. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Productive and fun workplace

Great cultureGood eorkCompetitive Collaborative eorkChallengesWork life balance Ok payStock optionsGood teamsGreat projectsNew techstack like react Good experience

September 29, 2022
We're glad you're enjoying the many benefits that come along with being a part of the Paycom family. Thank you for the review!

Good company for young people

Lots of opportunity for advancement and development. Great training programs. Intense job requirements lead to poor work life balance, but if you have the grit and energy to succeed, you have all the opportunity to do so

Pros

great comp, great development

Cons

work life balance

September 20, 2022
We're glad you're enjoying your time at Paycom. We work hard to set our team members up for ongoing success through specialized training for every member. If you'd like to share more about your feedback, reach out to us at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com, and we will be in contact.

It’s a great place to work!

If you work hard you get paid accordingly.The culture is top notch and the the benefits are amazing. The culture is inclusive and dynamic. It really is the best place to work.

Pros

Benefits, culture and pay

Cons

Few remote options, no promotion opportunity for admins

September 15, 2022
We're glad you're enjoying the culture and benefits that Paycom works hard to cultivate for our team members. We know that we have to be the best to employ the best, and we're happy to know that you've found a place to grow and excel in your career here at Paycom. Thank you for your review!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paycom. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.9Personal Development
4.3Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight