Paycor Employee Reviews

Okay for a while.
IMPLEMENTATION CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 13, 2018
Paycor has no loyalty to their employees. Decisions are made without the best interests in mind. They over promised for their IPO, so they had to terminate 10% of their workforce in a single day.
Pros
Onsite gym, nice campus
Cons
Terrible work-life balance, poor management
Bi-polar work environment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 10, 2018
Let me start by saying that the work/life balance at Paycor 100% depends on what job you have. Anything that falls within the Client Support side of things: Payroll Support, Time Support, Implementation, HR- they are going to have a MUCH different story to tell regarding work volume and work/ life balance than other departments. This is the side I will focus on because it is where I worked, but I think it is important to point out that there is another side that has a completely different experience. Paycor does have a lot of great amenities like a gym and ping pong table, sponsored events, but anyone on the client service side of things would not know anything about these things because they are way too busy to even think about participating in any of them. We had too many clients to efficiently support all of them. I can't tell you the last time I saw the bottom of my inbox. It was normal to work 5-10 hours of OT a week. We were not properly staffed. Managers are hired with no experience making them less than useful to their staff. Feeling overwhelmed, under appreciated and like you are drowning are all normal feelings on the client service side. They do however compensate fairly, that is the one saving grace.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Workload; work/life balance
Company loves the Sales team and management but not so much anyone else
SENIOR PAYROLL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  CincinnatiJuly 5, 2018
They say work/life/balance but as for Payroll, there is no work/life/balance. I learned a lot but worked my butt off. I did not feel appreciated for all of my time - it was expected.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Sales Representitive (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 27, 2018
Paycor is a fast growing company with good technology. Management has some challenges but is making improvements as they grow. The workplace culture is good. They are positioning themselves to go public in the near future,
Just ok
Market Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 7, 2018
An ok place to work. No room for growth. Decent culture. Everyday is a grind. They will promote managers with no experience. Overall if you can look elsewhere
Data Analyst/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 31, 2018
It's a fast paced organization which gives you a lot of opportunities to learn and explore. Organization reacts to the changing marked very fast so if you are a person who thrives on change, this is a place for you
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Norwood, OHMay 14, 2018
This is a great company to work for. Everyone is very nice and welcoming and the company is growing at a rapid pace. They always have fun events and activities.
Love the company!
Accounting Admin (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at Paycor. I relocated for personal reasons but treasure my experience with this company. The amount of employee participation is amazing!
Pros
Technology and training
Very Fast Paced Work Environment
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 9, 2018
Nice place to work. You can master cloud-based implementations within 6-9 months with no prior experience. The work load can be incredibly fast-paced depending on which team you are assigned.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Work/life balance
A tale of two companies
Senior Implementation Consultant, Payroll (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 24, 2018
Paycor Implementation is not a place to work if you have a family or enjoy life outside of work. The pay is good, but that is about it. The rest of the company has the opportunity to take place in community volunteer oportunities, take lunches, utilize the fitness facility, etc, but the implementation department is not able to do this due to the work load. Not a bad place to work before starting a family, but once you do, don't worry about parenting because you wont be around the house much.

To top it off, its not uncommon to have multiple managers at the same time, currently I have three, all of which have conflicting views of our roles. This is due to high turn over.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor work life balance. Bad middle management
Fast-paced and learn new skills
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 3, 2018
If you work at Paycor, you will learn a lot. It is a very fast-paced industry (payroll and HR services/software). Many millennials are promoted within a year or two as long as they perform. More experienced workers have a harder time getting promoted even if they are newer and much more experienced than other at Paycor. There are constant engagement activities at the company. Benefits need some work but are improving. For example, life insurance was only $15,000 per employee, now it's up to the industry norm of 1 x salary. There are many learning and development opportunities for many roles at the company. They offer classes and e-Learning. They have the best "community partners" program I've ever seen by any company. This program is run by the employees to help employee-selected charities around town. They have Toastmasters, YP, a Women's Inspirational Network group, and an optional professional improvement program called Accelerate available. Turnover seems a little high right now but that should change.
Pros
Community support, social groups, professional improvement, pay
Cons
Benefits still need work, need fairer promotion opportunities
Good Pay, not much else
Support Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Norwood, OHApril 3, 2018
If you are looking for a good paying job with the benefit of poor management then this is the place for you. Managers are just put into positions they are not qualified for, like a manager of payroll with 0 technical background being shifted to manager of and IT support dept. The management is so loose that it literally feels like the wild west, do what you want until we don't like it.
Pros
Good Pay, in house gym and cafeteria
Cons
Management, lack of guidance, no direction until a catastrophe happens
Good Product based software firm
Software Engineer, Integrations Team (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 9, 2018
Paycor is a fun place to be where there is very good balanced work life and it has some extremely talented people. One of the best places to work as a software engineer in the Cincinnati area.
Fast paced workplace with a lot of smiles
Manager, Program Manager, Agile Champion (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 27, 2018
I arrive early each day to get a headstart. Email is a large part of the communication that occurs at Paycor, so I spend quite a bit of time reading and answering emails. I work with several teams and their respective portfolio leadership, providing operational guidance and facilitating development work with issues that cross the enterprise.

Paycor is a wonderful place to work, packed with a vibrant diverse culture. I really enjoy the interactions that I have each day.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Quality Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OHFebruary 22, 2018
Paycor is a fun work place. It's a fast paced and very productive sometimes little stressful but overall friendly environment and one of the best place I worked with.
Stressful but well compensated
Balancing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 12, 2018
The job itself is great, but the company/management fully expect you to give up your time and family life to them. Promotions are not given based on merit, from what I witnessed they are given based on who you are friends with. There are a lot of managers there that have no business being in charge of people.
Pros
nice benefits and compensation
Cons
management favoritism
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Great place to work.. Fun and nice people who are always willing to help. Still has a small business feel. You can just walk into the ceo or anyone’s office without a problem
Good up and coming company
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 4, 2018
Company growing perhaps too fast. Not enough processes and standards in place so very difficult to manage and influence employee performance and set expectations. Great job of promoting from within but has tendency to promote individuals with no management experience to management positions. Lot's of fun activities for employees. Work - life balance for internal positions very tough. Overall good company...will be great if infrastructure continues to be built .
Pros
Cafeteria, Work out facility, walking trail, fun environment
Cons
Lack of processes and standards for work, weak mid -level leadership
Productivity at a high pace environment
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 31, 2018
I enjoy my time at Paycor. As with every job, certain days/time of year can be stressful and overwhelming, but as an employer, they take care of the employees.
Pros
Employee engagement
Stressful job and little wiggle room for work/family balance
Accounting Manager/Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2018
I have heard things have changed since I've left. However, while I was there, things were very stressful. Hours were long and multiple managers pushing in all directions. I wanted to reduce my hours or the opportunity to work some at home and was met with extreme backlash. At that time, I felt it was time to move on.
Pros
Coworkers are amazing.
Cons
Long hours and stressful situations were constant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paycor. Our community is ready to answer.