Paycor Employee Reviews

Compensated well but horrible work life balance
Principal Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 20, 2018
It was okay when I first started but upper management turned over and got rid of the boss I liked that hired me in. New boss had no idea of what I did and no appreciation. Work life balance was awful. He would make the team stay until 9, 10, midnight to get things done while he either went jogging or went home, willing to throw anybody under the bus and blame his mistakes on others. I worked ungodly amounts of overtime and gave 150% effort only to be told I would receive no bonus and no merit increase. (I did get my bonus and merit increase the previous year under the previous boss). When I went to HR about this the only solution proposed was "what would it take for me to leave the company amicably?" Ended up being probably the worst professional experience of my life. This place doesn't care about its employees. It just uses people up and throws them away. Management fosters a culture where everyone is constantly looking over their shoulders to check for knives pointed at their backs. Not one person on the original finance team I was hired onto 2 and a half years ago is still working there today, including the CFO and VP of FP&A.
Pros
Compensation is probably a little higher than market
Cons
Horrible culture, management, and work life balance
Great Opportunity
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45212August 8, 2018
Paycor definitely believes in investing in human capital. Casual dress,flexibility of working environment and schedule, training. I would recommend this company to others.
Pros
On-site gym and cafe, free parking
Paycor Review
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 6, 2018
Work start off coming in and getting started. Employees generally do not greet people even though it is cubicle environment. The job entails a lot processing information and less subject matter knowledge. Management is questionable at best. Employees are intimidate regularly by management to lie about various complaints place against managers. HR does not even make an effort to control them nor does the owner. Managers are free to do what they want and often tell employees that they are allowed to.

The hardest part of the job is process lots of information using very little brain power and staying focused. Enjoyable parts of days come from rare but positive interactions from staff.
Okay for a while.
IMPLEMENTATION CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 13, 2018
Paycor has no loyalty to their employees. Decisions are made without the best interests in mind. They over promised for their IPO, so they had to terminate 10% of their workforce in a single day.
Pros
Onsite gym, nice campus
Cons
Terrible work-life balance, poor management
Bi-polar work environment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 10, 2018
Let me start by saying that the work/life balance at Paycor 100% depends on what job you have. Anything that falls within the Client Support side of things: Payroll Support, Time Support, Implementation, HR- they are going to have a MUCH different story to tell regarding work volume and work/ life balance than other departments. This is the side I will focus on because it is where I worked, but I think it is important to point out that there is another side that has a completely different experience. Paycor does have a lot of great amenities like a gym and ping pong table, sponsored events, but anyone on the client service side of things would not know anything about these things because they are way too busy to even think about participating in any of them. We had too many clients to efficiently support all of them. I can't tell you the last time I saw the bottom of my inbox. It was normal to work 5-10 hours of OT a week. We were not properly staffed. Managers are hired with no experience making them less than useful to their staff. Feeling overwhelmed, under appreciated and like you are drowning are all normal feelings on the client service side. They do however compensate fairly, that is the one saving grace.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Workload; work/life balance
Company loves the Sales team and management but not so much anyone else
SENIOR PAYROLL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  CincinnatiJuly 5, 2018
They say work/life/balance but as for Payroll, there is no work/life/balance. I learned a lot but worked my butt off. I did not feel appreciated for all of my time - it was expected.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Sales Representitive (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 27, 2018
Paycor is a fast growing company with good technology. Management has some challenges but is making improvements as they grow. The workplace culture is good. They are positioning themselves to go public in the near future,
Just ok
Market Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 7, 2018
An ok place to work. No room for growth. Decent culture. Everyday is a grind. They will promote managers with no experience. Overall if you can look elsewhere
Data Analyst/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 31, 2018
It's a fast paced organization which gives you a lot of opportunities to learn and explore. Organization reacts to the changing marked very fast so if you are a person who thrives on change, this is a place for you
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Norwood, OHMay 14, 2018
This is a great company to work for. Everyone is very nice and welcoming and the company is growing at a rapid pace. They always have fun events and activities.
Love the company!
Accounting Admin (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at Paycor. I relocated for personal reasons but treasure my experience with this company. The amount of employee participation is amazing!
Pros
Technology and training
Very Fast Paced Work Environment
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 9, 2018
Nice place to work. You can master cloud-based implementations within 6-9 months with no prior experience. The work load can be incredibly fast-paced depending on which team you are assigned.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Work/life balance
A tale of two companies
Senior Implementation Consultant, Payroll (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 24, 2018
Paycor Implementation is not a place to work if you have a family or enjoy life outside of work. The pay is good, but that is about it. The rest of the company has the opportunity to take place in community volunteer oportunities, take lunches, utilize the fitness facility, etc, but the implementation department is not able to do this due to the work load. Not a bad place to work before starting a family, but once you do, don't worry about parenting because you wont be around the house much.

To top it off, its not uncommon to have multiple managers at the same time, currently I have three, all of which have conflicting views of our roles. This is due to high turn over.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor work life balance. Bad middle management
Fast-paced and learn new skills
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 3, 2018
If you work at Paycor, you will learn a lot. It is a very fast-paced industry (payroll and HR services/software). Many millennials are promoted within a year or two as long as they perform. More experienced workers have a harder time getting promoted even if they are newer and much more experienced than other at Paycor. There are constant engagement activities at the company. Benefits need some work but are improving. For example, life insurance was only $15,000 per employee, now it's up to the industry norm of 1 x salary. There are many learning and development opportunities for many roles at the company. They offer classes and e-Learning. They have the best "community partners" program I've ever seen by any company. This program is run by the employees to help employee-selected charities around town. They have Toastmasters, YP, a Women's Inspirational Network group, and an optional professional improvement program called Accelerate available. Turnover seems a little high right now but that should change.
Pros
Community support, social groups, professional improvement, pay
Cons
Benefits still need work, need fairer promotion opportunities
Good Pay, not much else
Support Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Norwood, OHApril 3, 2018
If you are looking for a good paying job with the benefit of poor management then this is the place for you. Managers are just put into positions they are not qualified for, like a manager of payroll with 0 technical background being shifted to manager of and IT support dept. The management is so loose that it literally feels like the wild west, do what you want until we don't like it.
Pros
Good Pay, in house gym and cafeteria
Cons
Management, lack of guidance, no direction until a catastrophe happens
Good Product based software firm
Software Engineer, Integrations Team (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 9, 2018
Paycor is a fun place to be where there is very good balanced work life and it has some extremely talented people. One of the best places to work as a software engineer in the Cincinnati area.
Fast paced workplace with a lot of smiles
Manager, Program Manager, Agile Champion (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 27, 2018
I arrive early each day to get a headstart. Email is a large part of the communication that occurs at Paycor, so I spend quite a bit of time reading and answering emails. I work with several teams and their respective portfolio leadership, providing operational guidance and facilitating development work with issues that cross the enterprise.

Paycor is a wonderful place to work, packed with a vibrant diverse culture. I really enjoy the interactions that I have each day.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Quality Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OHFebruary 22, 2018
Paycor is a fun work place. It's a fast paced and very productive sometimes little stressful but overall friendly environment and one of the best place I worked with.
Stressful but well compensated
Balancing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 12, 2018
The job itself is great, but the company/management fully expect you to give up your time and family life to them. Promotions are not given based on merit, from what I witnessed they are given based on who you are friends with. There are a lot of managers there that have no business being in charge of people.
Pros
nice benefits and compensation
Cons
management favoritism
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Great place to work.. Fun and nice people who are always willing to help. Still has a small business feel. You can just walk into the ceo or anyone’s office without a problem

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paycor. Our community is ready to answer.