Paycor Employee Reviews

Love the company!
Accounting Admin (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at Paycor. I relocated for personal reasons but treasure my experience with this company. The amount of employee participation is amazing!
Pros
Technology and training
Very Fast Paced Work Environment
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 9, 2018
Nice place to work. You can master cloud-based implementations within 6-9 months with no prior experience. The work load can be incredibly fast-paced depending on which team you are assigned.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Work/life balance
A tale of two companies
Senior Implementation Consultant, Payroll (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 24, 2018
Paycor Implementation is not a place to work if you have a family or enjoy life outside of work. The pay is good, but that is about it. The rest of the company has the opportunity to take place in community volunteer oportunities, take lunches, utilize the fitness facility, etc, but the implementation department is not able to do this due to the work load. Not a bad place to work before starting a family, but once you do, don't worry about parenting because you wont be around the house much.

To top it off, its not uncommon to have multiple managers at the same time, currently I have three, all of which have conflicting views of our roles. This is due to high turn over.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor work life balance. Bad middle management
Fast-paced and learn new skills
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 3, 2018
If you work at Paycor, you will learn a lot. It is a very fast-paced industry (payroll and HR services/software). Many millennials are promoted within a year or two as long as they perform. More experienced workers have a harder time getting promoted even if they are newer and much more experienced than other at Paycor. There are constant engagement activities at the company. Benefits need some work but are improving. For example, life insurance was only $15,000 per employee, now it's up to the industry norm of 1 x salary. There are many learning and development opportunities for many roles at the company. They offer classes and e-Learning. They have the best "community partners" program I've ever seen by any company. This program is run by the employees to help employee-selected charities around town. They have Toastmasters, YP, a Women's Inspirational Network group, and an optional professional improvement program called Accelerate available. Turnover seems a little high right now but that should change.
Pros
Community support, social groups, professional improvement, pay
Cons
Benefits still need work, need fairer promotion opportunities
Good Pay, not much else
Support Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Norwood, OHApril 3, 2018
If you are looking for a good paying job with the benefit of poor management then this is the place for you. Managers are just put into positions they are not qualified for, like a manager of payroll with 0 technical background being shifted to manager of and IT support dept. The management is so loose that it literally feels like the wild west, do what you want until we don't like it.
Pros
Good Pay, in house gym and cafeteria
Cons
Management, lack of guidance, no direction until a catastrophe happens
Good Product based software firm
Software Engineer, Integrations Team (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 9, 2018
Paycor is a fun place to be where there is very good balanced work life and it has some extremely talented people. One of the best places to work as a software engineer in the Cincinnati area.
Fast paced workplace with a lot of smiles
Manager, Program Manager, Agile Champion (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 27, 2018
I arrive early each day to get a headstart. Email is a large part of the communication that occurs at Paycor, so I spend quite a bit of time reading and answering emails. I work with several teams and their respective portfolio leadership, providing operational guidance and facilitating development work with issues that cross the enterprise.

Paycor is a wonderful place to work, packed with a vibrant diverse culture. I really enjoy the interactions that I have each day.
Productive and Fun Work Place
Quality Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OHFebruary 22, 2018
Paycor is a fun work place. It's a fast paced and very productive sometimes little stressful but overall friendly environment and one of the best place I worked with.
Stressful but well compensated
Balancing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 12, 2018
The job itself is great, but the company/management fully expect you to give up your time and family life to them. Promotions are not given based on merit, from what I witnessed they are given based on who you are friends with. There are a lot of managers there that have no business being in charge of people.
Pros
nice benefits and compensation
Cons
management favoritism
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Great place to work.. Fun and nice people who are always willing to help. Still has a small business feel. You can just walk into the ceo or anyone’s office without a problem
Good up and coming company
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 4, 2018
Company growing perhaps too fast. Not enough processes and standards in place so very difficult to manage and influence employee performance and set expectations. Great job of promoting from within but has tendency to promote individuals with no management experience to management positions. Lot's of fun activities for employees. Work - life balance for internal positions very tough. Overall good company...will be great if infrastructure continues to be built .
Pros
Cafeteria, Work out facility, walking trail, fun environment
Cons
Lack of processes and standards for work, weak mid -level leadership
Productivity at a high pace environment
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 31, 2018
I enjoy my time at Paycor. As with every job, certain days/time of year can be stressful and overwhelming, but as an employer, they take care of the employees.
Pros
Employee engagement
Stressful job and little wiggle room for work/family balance
Accounting Manager/Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2018
I have heard things have changed since I've left. However, while I was there, things were very stressful. Hours were long and multiple managers pushing in all directions. I wanted to reduce my hours or the opportunity to work some at home and was met with extreme backlash. At that time, I felt it was time to move on.
Pros
Coworkers are amazing.
Cons
Long hours and stressful situations were constant
Perks and hard demands
Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OHJanuary 18, 2018
New sales submitted Co info. That needed to be setup and put into review ques.

Review New Co. Profile setups by peers

Payroll reviews, to ensure data was in correctly.

Nominated as "Rookie of the year" for effort and dedication.

Love the people, casual attire, flexible efforts, lots of hours during holidays.

To far for me to drive because the corporate office relocated after I had been there approx. 6/7 years.
Pros
Mentioned above
Cons
Mentioned above
Take the good with the bad
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45212October 31, 2017
I beleive that Paycor has a good facility and culture but have a high turn over rate. They currently have new management for their IT teams and because of the recent changes I do not believe they have a clear focus on where the company is headed.
Unrealistic expectations
Senior Payroll Support (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 3, 2017
The stress level with this job on a scale of 1-10 is a 20. The service you are expected to provide with the number of clients and complexity of clients is impossible. There are very unclear lines as to what the service role is that you are expected to provide. Lots of confusion as to what you are supposed to do for the client and what the client is supposed to do with your help. I had a very expeienced manager. She was leveraged by everyone in client service. That made it hard for her to keep up with daily things to keep employees engaged. The company does try to do things for their employees. However in client service your role makes it hard to enjoy those things. Year end, well lets just say crying during year end from stress is one thing that is for certain.. The onsite cafe is nice. Since lunch is absolutely required but your full hour is frowned upon
Pros
On site lunch, nice facility
Good not Great
Major Market Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 27, 2017
I had high hopes for this company but they are still finding their way. This is a very competitive industry with a lot of options for buyers which makes this position highly scrutinized by management. It's just not what I am looking for in a career right now.
Very fast pace
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OHSeptember 19, 2017
You are on the computer all day long at a very fast pace. By the end of the week you are mentally exhausted and your eyes are very tired and dried out. The office is very quiet.
Pros
has a lunch cafe that is really good
Cons
Very fast pace
Hated this place. Glad I left.
Senior Billing Specialist / Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 31, 2017
I don't work there anymore. I cant say much about it. I don't know if the same people are still there. I don't know how the company operates anymore or if they are still in business.
Customer Oriented
Professional Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2017
Paycor was very customer oriented, they always tried to provide the best and most updated product for their the clients to use to make their payroll processing as easy as possible. Paycor took pride in always being their to assist their clients.
Pros
Fair Pay
Cons
can be stressful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paycor. Our community is ready to answer.