Payless ShoeSource Employee Reviews

Found 3,997 reviews matching the search See all 4,483 reviews
Enjoyed my time here.
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Chicagoland Area, ILFebruary 22, 2019
Payless Shoe Source is an amazing company to work from the people to the culture. I had the pleasure working for this company for 15 years. Training and Development are some of the most important things that the company works toward for their people.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 22, 2019
I worked really hard but it was easy becouse of the great Environment and the managers that were at hand. The quickness of some days and others it was slow. I liked how we had competitions on selling certain products and getting customers to sign up for rewards.
Pros
Good pay, got paid weekly, Good employees
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 21, 2019
It was great
Manager was excelent
Great benefits
I learned a lot
Great discounts
Good product
Good team
Very stressfull job i ended with high blood preasure
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
n/a
Women's Dress& casuals Assistant Buyer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2019
It was great to work there. I am grateful for the experience in buying at the corporate level. However it was messed up to find out how they filed for bankruptcy and laid us all off.
fun environment with enthuiastic coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAFebruary 20, 2019
Opened and closed the store. Counted the money and did deposits at the end of each shift. Greet and helped customers with any need they had. Maintained visual contact on merchandise to assure nothing was stolen.
Fun place to work
SENIOR SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 20, 2019
I worked at the Payless located on 75 and Coit in Richardson. I loved working at Payless, in fact it was my very first job. All the employees were like a "family" and got along very well. Sometimes the work place would get busy but that was mostly during the weekends, other than that it was really chill. The manager was super chill to and very understanding, so i will miss him a lot. The only hardest part about working at Payless was getting a raise. I worked there for about 3 years without getting a raise even if i was a part-time. I got paid $8.I learned a lot about the customers and how to keep it professional because some of the customers were disrespectful. I also learned how to do store closing. But other than that its a really easy-going and chill place to work.
Pros
discounts on shoes
Cons
no raise
no comment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVFebruary 20, 2019
Payless shoes has filed for Chapter eleven and they are in the process of closing all of their stores throughout the united states. so, it doesn't matter.
Pros
no comment
Cons
I have no comment
Great friendly competitive environment
Store Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Conway, SC 29527February 19, 2019
Would stay with company if not going out of business
This company could have provided a better job/work life balance by providing a little more hours for staffing
No work life balance for managers
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 19, 2019
This company has announced that they are going out of business... This is not a shock for anyone who has ever worked there. As the store manager you are required to work 45hrs/week vs 40. But since you're the manager you work 50-55hrs/week and don't get paid enough for it. The pay is terrible. The culture is supposed to be based on customer service, however the operations of the store are so task based it is almost impossible to balance sales floor.
Pros
great DRO in Northwest
Cons
Not a great product to stand behing
Fun Job, the don't tell you about closing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 19, 2019
The company is closing and did not notify any employee. I found out on Facebook. It has been a fun job, but they lack organization an sticking to selling shoes rather than add random accessories that do not sell.
Fun drama free environment
Multi Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNFebruary 18, 2019
Love working for Payless. If the company was not closing i would stay and retire from Payless. We get great employee discounts on everything in store and on line. Upper management is always there to help thru anything.
Pros
Great employee discounts
Cons
Company closing
Loved it
Sales associate/ Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newington, NHFebruary 18, 2019
Working at Payless was one of the best experiences in retail that I have had. Even though there were often not enough people working at the store due to lack of applicants, the people I did work with were awesome. My managers were all great and were easy to communicate with. Even though the company is going out of business, it was a great experience for me even though all the rough times.
Management and staff was a pleasure
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MDFebruary 18, 2019
Great environment to work in, even though physically tasking it allowed for the meeting of lots of new people some who just needed someone to talk with.
Pros
great discount on shoes and etc
Cons
not much time for breaks and short shifts
Aprendi mucho en esta compañia
Gerente de Tienda (Current Employee) –  Carolina, PRFebruary 18, 2019
Era una empresa q su meta principal era dar un buen servicio al cliente
stressfull
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Passaic, NJFebruary 17, 2019
fun placed to work, food was delicious.get to meet a lot of different people. also management was very helpful and respectful. love working there. pay was too low.
Productive and positive work environment
Assistant Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAFebruary 17, 2019
I am the Assistant Manager of Payless. I guide my associate on the skills that they will need to get them a better position in life. The respect and the feedback from others knowing that they can feel comfortable to talk to me about something and handle it in the right way. I make the schedule each week I come in when someone calls out I am the assistant to a store manager that is only there two days out of the week so I have to run the store the majority of the time. We all work as a team so things run very smoothly.
Demanding and Competitive work environment
Customer service representative and cashier (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 17, 2019
They pay the minimum wage.
No Overtime.
The customer always has the reason even if they don't.
No benefits
they are not employing full times any more
A fun and easy going job.
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIFebruary 17, 2019
Working for Payless has been wonderful. The management is amazing and the job itself is fun to do, as long as you like customer service. It is primarily assisting customers and maintaining the store.
Uncertain Future, No investment back into company
MERCHANDISE PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 17, 2019
The actual associates in the office doing the day to day work are the best you could hope for. The ownership, an outside private equity firm, is terrible. No investment in people, systems or stores.
Pros
Paid Time off
Cons
Ownership
Great place!
KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, FLFebruary 17, 2019
Loved my manager and the weekly pay. you can advance well and it is organized. sometimes you can get bored since its a slow store. working there you will be working in the back room often, time management and organization is required.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.3K
31.2K

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight