Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 1,043 reviews matching the search
It was a job. I got a paycheck every two weeks. Shoes. Not a whole lot to say about it. It’s typical retail. Average pay, average work/life balance.
Great company to work for . Great benefits. Great pay .Good employees. Awesome company . Love , love love love it the company. Sad to see the company go out of business
Pros
Discount on shoes
Cons
Benefits, hour lunch breaks
You can find better retail companies to work for. Most of their stores closed, upper management would get upset if you asked for a salary raise. And they only offered part time.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Salary, benefits, management
It was fine, my first job so it was okay to get used to the market. work environment could have used some improvement and payroll was pretty bad, sometimes not enough hours.
I had the best experience working for Payless! The discount was great and I was able to move up quickly. The only down side about the job was the pay!
Pros
Discounts, hour breaks
Cons
Pay
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I loved working at Payless. Cashiering was easy! The management was nice and understanding. I loved the workplace, women supporting one another, I made many friends! The most enjoyable part of the job was sorting out shoes. The hardest part of the job was slow down because there wasn't much to do.
Pros
Easy!!
Cons
Not a lot of benefits
If you are going to school they are flexible with the hours they do pay minimumwage. But its hard to get a full time job they only have 2 full time employees in each store.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Part time
I was comfortable at this job & the flexibility of being a new Mommy the work hours were always fair. I loved working the register/purchasing and interacting with the public.
Pros
Work Hour Flexibility
Cons
The store I worked at was short staffed.
I worked at Payless as a LP Associate for a store that had a major shrink issue. The position I had with Payless including the location of the store allowed me to learn many useful skills for the Loss Prevention field which I continue to use today. Management was sketchy from the hire ups, but my store manager was outstanding and she knew how to run that store.
Pros
Benefits, Routine
Cons
Compensation, Schedule
It was a good job but very low pay! Had good prices and we had a 30 % off everyone got along good end they were able to work with your schedule and availability
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
Little pay
this was a good place to works , if you were a student. decent pay and flexible hours. The managers were extremely helpful in teaching you how to succeed in the payless environment,
Pros
time off, part time
Cons
short breaks
Was here for over 8 years. Good luck every taking your vacation time or even just 1 day. It was like moving mountains to get my store covered so I could get time off for surgery to have cancer removed. Zero concern for safety. Always alone so cannot even use the restroom or eat. Payroll is your easiest controllable expense, I get it, but I bet those making those budgets don't have to beg to use the bathroom.
Pros
Pto
Cons
all of it
It was okay. Small store so overwhelming at times. Low pay but, hey... it’s a job. Not bad until the store fills up and there’s only one cash register or if you’re the only employee in the store.
I worked at Payless ShoeSource part-time for more than a yearProsI had an amazing experience working with the people there. Great work and environment and Manager.ConsThe compensation isn't as great as it could be, however, the work environment and the experience bypass the compensation.
Unsupported, under paid, under appreciated, and over worked. Was store manger and due to others leaving company had to run 5 stores at once without additional pay or support. When company filed bankruptcy they never paid final months worth of checks.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Everything else
If you work at a dead location, the job will be fine. If you work at a busy mall spot, expect to be worked relentlessly for little pay and your accomplishments go unrecognized. Management is sometimes paid less than employees, little to no upward mobility or raises, and if you discuss your pay with your fellow employees, expect to hear discrepancies based on race and the time you were hired (new employees making 1-3 dollars more per hour than old employees, white employees making 1-2 dollars more than BIPOC). Managers get punished when employees quit, so also expect to be begged to stay for the same pay.
it was a great place to work for beginners but you can't live off paycheck.you are of fen by yourself. you have a lot to unpacked and display merchandise.
Pros
- flexible hours - reasonable pay - my manager was super nice - great discount
Cons
- it hard to get things done when you are by yourself - no call no show co workers
I liked my job because if the customers and my job itself but my coworkers never talked and were very stuck up but i made the best of it and it ended uo being a nice experience.
Pros
shorts shifts
Cons
short breaks
Not really told how job was supposed to be it can be very challenhge at time. Pay was not decent at all, the most rewardeing part of the job was when I was able to go home at my shift.
Overall the compensation was not good. Due to the fact that it is very easy to replace people. There were some people who worked here who were nice people.