Paylocity
Happiness rating is 55 out of 100

Paylocity Employee Reviews

Paylocity insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction

Incredible leadership, culture and software

Featured review

Paylocity selected this as a representative review
Fantastic place to work. Leadership and culture is forward thinking. They constantly bring in training and resources to help support you, everyone goes out of there way to help you, technology is always improving and we think out of the box.

Pros

Family like atmosphere, leadership, technology, compensation and benefits

Cons

I dont have any cons.

Official response from Paylocity

November 20, 2020
Agreed, Paylocity’s leadership is transparent in its decision making and does listen to their employees! Our culture is built on trust and only what is for all members of our teams. Thank you for your feedback.

Fun workplace and great learning experience

Paylocity thoroughly trained their employees and gave them all the necessary tools to succeed within the company. It was a great work place environment and the coworkers are amazing.

Pros

Free lunches sometimes, great pay, awesome lunch times and break times

Great culture and technology

The culture is the best I’ve been a part of and the technology is a step above the competition. The only negative is leadership not fixing MAJOR compensation problems when the new fiscal year started for sales reps.

Pros

Culture, Technology, work/life balance

Cons

Gray area in compensation plan

It's just too much

The company right now is unwilling or unable to embrace change and is seeing high turnover, burnout, and general job dissatisfaction as a result. In the past the role was able to handle both email and phone volume but post covid, and their growth, this is no longer the case. The company, despite many pleas, is unable or unwilling to separate the phone and email queues and as such, clients frequently call in upset email issues are not being resolved. For beginning account managers, your support is minimal and Training does not do a good job of explaining the myriad tasks you are expected to know. It's difficult to find answers to anything but the most basic question, and you will *never* feel like you've ever caught up or are anything but drowning in work.

Pros

They do often give you free things.

Cons

Everything else about the job.

Not what it seems

This company seems so great. They will try to sell you on the amazing culture. The culture is inconsistent depending on what team you are on. Management is also inconsistent and unreliable. Only there for you if it benefited their pocket. The sales policy has so many gray areas and nothing is done by management when teammates take advantage for their own good. Also, sales policy is not clear and concise when it comes to commissions and they totally took advantage of every single sales rep when new fiscal began. Reps expecting thousands in commissions ended up with negative balances and no one seen it coming. Ironically this happened in the same month that they made a new acquisition. You can thank the sales reps for paying for this. This place is filled with empty promises and fake people around every corner. Also, their service and implementation teams have tanked, leaving the sales team dealing with nightmare issues that ultimately effect relationships and sales that you work so hard on. They will sell you so hard on the referrals you will get but all them bridges have been burned so good luck with that.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Too many service issues, lack of support, bad management

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Heavy Workload, but working on change

Payroll ICs have the heaviest workload, and can borderline on burn out quickly after you start. However, management is working on changing structure to alleviate some of this. Otherwise, a good company.

Pros

Flexible work from home

Cons

Too many clients per IC

Nice corporate culture but the workload is atrocious!

Nice company to work for. All staff is approachable and helpful. Implementation consultant 1 role is very demanding. Especially during peak season in September through December. If you want to work day and night and go to bed stressed and wake up stressed this job is for you! Large company that has a lot of “fluff” meetings, but no real meetings to maximize productivity. Training is 10 weeks long, but you still feel unprepared. The work is substantial, but false promises from the sales team make implementation stressful.

Pros

Co workers and benefits.

Cons

Pay is not adequate. No work life balance.

Don't be fooled

The company has a very nice image and honestly most things about them is ideally what you'd look for in an employer. Unfortunately just not this role, they will sugar coat this position as a very simple job but realistically this is at the top of most stressful for the customer service field. This is a call center, you will be tasked to take non-stop calls while maintaining a large load of emails throughout the day. This could be doable for most, but the training is not even suffice to help you understand the system nor answer any of the clients questions you'll receive. You're on your own with no clue about payroll and you are relied upon to answer clients payroll needs, this is a heavy responsibility that this company takes very lightly and will hire anybody to fill in.

Great Company, Great co-workers, Terrible position

I loved the company and the culture and the people I worked with but the position of an account manager was overwhelming and extremely stressful. You have calls come in none stop along with handling any cases that come in, projects, escalation's, etc. In a way, you never feel like you're ever caught up with your work. The benefits and pay are okay but advancement is great as the company is growing at an exponential rate which is another reason why the position is stressful. It's not a job for everyone.

Abusive driven behavior to employees

Not a good company. Abusive to employees. Would not recommend for job enhancements. Very competitive between employees. Manger was ultra controlling.

Jobs at Paylocity

See more jobs

It is rough

A typical day at work consists on receiving an extremely high volume of emails while receiving non stop back to back phone calls. Paylocity is growing at such a huge rate that customer service is actually going on a downward trend. There is an extremely high turn over rate and clients are being assigned to current tenured account managers causing more stress. When I first started, I had 50 clients aligned to me, now it is above double of my original amount and I see new clients/accounts every week. Support is extremely behind on work load causing support ticket times to be extremely high and you will get frustrated clients calling in about ticket times constantly. Managers micro manage a lot and have unrealistic expectations. You will get something called project time where you can get off the phones for an hour to work on emails. This is not enough time to even catch up on emails. The training was extremely poor and you are thrown into the fire when you are on your own. We are expected to be experts on about 10 different products that you will never receive training on. You constantly see client accounts with mistakes due to more recent account managers struggling to solve issues which can lead to a chain of more issues. The only positives are the amazing coworkers I have met and the Monday through Friday schedule. If you apply, I wish you the best of luck.

Pros

Very nice work schedule

Cons

high turn over rate, too much work load, unrealistic expectations, terrible training

Good

The communication to perform each task is the key to teamwork. Great management support and training from the staff to do all areas when asked with timeliness makes working here a great experience!

Best Company!

Paylocity has the best work environment with the best managers! They truly care about their employee’s and make sure to always accommodate their needs.

Unfortunately, Too Good To Be True

The culture, the swag, the snacks, the office...everything seems so cool and so inviting. Truth is, you'll leave training so unsure of yourself and they'll just tell you that the stress, the crying, and zero support is "normal here." You will almost always be on your own.

Pros

Food, people

Cons

training, stress, management, job progression

Great Atmosphere

Great atmosphere, you learn constantly and you grow without people putting errors first over progress. They understand learning curves and will push you to be great in role and provide clearly defined opportunities for advancement all the time. The pay is above average and you work in a team and independent environment. The culture is constantly a cut above other jobs. You need to come prepared to focus, learn, and grow though. Time management skills, customer service skills, and patience/ friendliness is the skill set to practice here! ;)

Pros

Pay, clear advancement opportunities, personal growth, culture, benefits.

Cons

A lot to learn, all the time.

Great place to work, great company and culture.

Paylocity is a great place to work. In any high end B2B business model, there is of course plenty of challenges and goals to work towards, but very rewarding once achieved. If you like to work hard, and be duly rewarded for it, this is company is for you!

Pros

Compensation, Opportunies, Culture

Cons

Can be demanding and stressful at times....but this comes with the industry.

Run

DO NOT DRINK THE KOOL AID. they will lure you in with promises of work/life balance and advancement opportunities. Although you can move relatively quickly up the ranks as an account manager that is not the place to be. Getting out of that role is harder than you think. You will be stuck there for some time.

Pros

snacks, office, the people

Cons

everything else

Nice perks, terrible management.

The perks here are amazing. Company sponsored lunches and events, plenty of amenities in the office, and great co-workers. Management is awful and is able to pick on employees with no impunity.

Cons

Management.

Implementation Consultant II

It really depends on what team you were put on. If you have a great manager you’ll have a great experience. If your manager and team leader horrible good luck! The volume is simply unachievable and you will work 10 to 12 hour days six days a week to keep up

Values Revenue Over Employees

Paylocity had the foundation of a great organization. We truly valued our employees and their experience, knowing that happy employees deliver fantastic client results, which grows our business. Somewhere along the way we have become more focused on the revenue value than the employees, which has resulted in burnt-out employees, high turn-over, and little room for growth. We unfortunately run our organization in a way that is more and more similar to our competitors who are less concerned with employee experience. I believe we still have time to change course and veer back to the organization we claim we still are. This will not happen unless our executive leadership sees reviews such as these and takes them to heart.

Amazing company that understands the balance of Company and Culture!

This is the only place I've ever worked where I feel appreciated, supported , and that my manager and co-workers work together. Any issues or concerns are addressed by Management.

Pros

Culture, Worklife Balance, Pay, Management, Co-Workers.

Cons

Any Cons typically get addressed year to year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paylocity. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss