Play YouTube video button

Paylocity Employee Reviews

Featured review
Paylocity selected this as a representative review
Zero to Hero- Paylocity develops talent!
National Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 2, 2018
When I began at Paylocity, I was fresh out of college and had little to no experience in Sales. Beginning in an entry-level sales role is never an "easy" or "cushy" job. Coming into the role, I knew that I would have to prove myself day-in and day-out. My peers, teammates, trainers, and managers were the main reason I was able to become successful in the role. The constant attention, advice, and training helped me (someone with no sales experience) to hit, and in many cases go well above, my assigned quotas.

Looking back to when I started with Paylocity and where I am now, I can definitely say that this company has instilled a work-ethic in me that will aid me in any job that the pursue in the future.

My advice to those of you who are looking for a great company to work for, Paylocity is definitely a company that puts "its money where its mouth is" in taking the time to produce and develop talent.
Pros
Lots of Incentives ($$$, Pto, events); Training/Development
Cons
Definitely a grind (not for those who aren't willing to work their butts off)
Dynamic, challenging, innovative!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 21, 2018
I love working at Paylocity for many reasons. The innovation never stops and because of that, we are a fast paced, exciting and dynamic company that offers endless growth opportunities. There is never a dull moment and I'm constantly challenged. Employees have a voice at Paylocity and our executive team listens as new benefits and programs are implemented on our behalf. The culture at Paylocity is amazing, it's truly a work hard play hard environment. The casual dress, fun activities and events, and modern facilities make it exciting to come into work everyday. I couldn't imagine working anywhere else!
Paylocity
Operations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2018
There are good things and bad things about working remotely. There is no sense of collaboration or team building whenever you work remote. The majority of individuals who enjoy working at home are introverts who would rather spend time alone and do not see the value in relationships and building teams.
Excellent culture with passionate coworkers
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  SchaumburgSeptember 7, 2018
I have been working at Paylocity for over 4 years now. I have been promoted and I have seen lots of my coworkers also get promoted over the years due to our fast growth it happens organically. Every single year our benefits keep improving from where they were at before. I foresee myself staying at this company for as long as I can.
Pros
Fooda, lots of events in the community, benefits, work/life balance
Cons
fast growth can be challenging, but it's a challenge I welcome
September 10, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are thrilled to hear you love Paylocity and all we have to offer...including a great career path and awesome benefits! Thank you!

Great Culture and Career Development
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 29, 2018
I started working at Paylocity right out of college and it has been a great experience since day 1. I can honestly say that I wake up every morning excited to come into work because of the amazing culture that they've created here. I feel that I've been able to develop not only my career, but also myself as a person in many ways. The management and training here is amazing and I felt that I was more than prepared when I started here. I also don't feel capped out at this point, I know that when I am ready to move forward with my career, I will have the support and resources to do so.
August 31, 2018

We appreciate you leaving us this wonderful feedback! Our culture is something that is so important and we are thrilled to hear you are not only excited about your current job, but also about your future career aspirations with us here at Paylocity! Thank you!

Love working for Paylocity
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 24, 2018
I feel lucky on a daily basis to be working here! People are generally passionate about the success of the company and really care about their contributions so I see a lot of collaboration, people coming together to get things done and celebrating wins along the way. Things do move quickly and change often given we are a growth environment, so it may not be ideal for everyone. With that said, ideas are encouraged and welcome so for those who are creative and process improvement minded it can be highly rewarding! Supportive leadership and my coworkers are great to work with. All and all a very positive environment and never a dull moment!
Pros
Good benefits, employee centric, supportive leadership
Cons
Not necessarily a 'con' but the environment is very fast paced
August 31, 2018

Thank you for taking time to leave us your thoughts! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy your job and your environment as we are always striving to truly be a great place to work! Thanks again!

Great culture, great opportunity
Annonymous (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 17, 2018
Before Paylocity, I felt like a number on a spreadsheet with no opportunity to grow or develop as an employee. It's a definite learning curve to step into a rapidly growing company like this, but the culture cannot be beat! Management teams are top-notch, truly care and keep an open conversation about being a part of the company long-term. Initiative is welcomed and constant growth keeps things from feeling mundane. There are numerous events happening all the time, along with the modern and collaborative office space that breeds creativity and interaction with other groups! I love how much this company cares for it's people (great benefits) and encourages community involvement (time off to volunteer.)
Pros
Culture, leadership, creativity and growth opportunity
Cons
Things move quickly as the company grows, keeps you on your toes!
August 18, 2018

Great to hear that as a current employee, you feel valued and a part of the Paylocity family! We absolutely love hearing what you enjoy most about working here! Thank you for taking time to let us know your thoughts.

Nss
National Sales Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 15, 2018
For the past two years I've been with Paylocity in NSS. It truly is a great company and a fun environment to work in. Management understands that this job isn't the most fun, but they do their best to reward their employees as much as possible. As a department we've had events at Cubs games, Arlington Race Track, and Top Golf. They also understand new employees need a ton of training and they make sure you're not thrown to the wolves. If you work hard in this role you will also have the opportunity to interview for different positions once you hit your year mark. Management gives you honest feedback and things to work on which will help you succeed in this role. I hope to have a long career here at Paylocity!
Pros
Free food, department events, pto incentives, helpful training
Cons
need more leads, can be very competitive to get promotions
August 18, 2018

Congratulations on a successful two years with NSS! Your role is tough but a critical one and it’s our pleasure to reward our loyal, committed employees! We wish you much success in a long career with Paylocity!

Awesome company
Distribution Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 14, 2018
They are an awesome company to work with and have get together to interact with other departments the supervisor are a great person to work with and the understand you
August 18, 2018

So glad that you are happy with the collaboration and your management! Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know how we are doing!

Great place to work for. Provide many amenities and benefits for their employees.
Account Manger II (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 13, 2018
Paylocity has built a culture in which they put an extreme importance on making sure their employees are happy and properly trained. The culture they have built is as close as i have ever seen a publicly owned company have to a family like structure. Everybody is friendly and willing to help at all times. Compensation and benefits is very good.
Pros
Free food, Great Benefits, employee centered company culture, outstanding camaraderie.
Cons
Depending on position the hours may exceed 45+ a week, every week.
August 18, 2018

Thank you for leaving us your recommendation! You are exactly correct when you say we put an extreme amount of importance into maintaining and always looking for ways to improve our award-winning culture. We are glad you are part of the Paylocity family!

Productive and Fun
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 10, 2018
Paylocity is a fast pace and exciting place to work. You have to be able to roll with the changes since the company is growing at such a fast pace, but I feel that they always have the employees best interest. My day to day requires me to be able to multi-task and produce work weekly. I think for most departments work load can be heavier certain times of the year than others, so you just have to have the "work hard, play hard" mentality! I am very thankful for my job at Paylocity and I feel that if I ever had a concern or issue my managers would listen.
Pros
Work life balance and management
Cons
Constant change because of growth
August 18, 2018

The one thing that remains true at Paylocity is the growth and with that comes change. Thank you for recognizing that we do have our employees best interest at heart. We are thankful for employees like you who work hard every day!

Like no other
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 27, 2018
I've never witnessed a company that cares as much about its employees as this organization. It is a high-growth company, period. Culture and work-life balance remain preeminent, but you must be ready to come in and contribute. People and teams have expectations and you are counted on to share your talents. Even with growth, you are never an anonymous number.

The CEO opens himself up for ongoing questions and feedback. He recognizes and addresses people by name at every location and is thoughtful and encompassing in his leadership. That's rare.

Diversity is a weak spot that is openly being addressed.

This company has changed the direction of my professional life - I've seen what all corporations should aspire to. I've been challenged to grow in many aspects. Working here is the chance of a lifetime and employees must seize the day.
Pros
People, benefits, referral bonus, opportunities, state-of-the-art innovation and corporate facilities
Cons
Need more diversity
August 18, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide a true glimpse into our company. We are so happy to hear you find your job challenging and rewarding! Best of luck in a successful career with us at Paylocity!

Amazing Place to Work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 25, 2018
Typical day includes email clients and answering phones on various HR software applications. Troubleshoot challenges a client may have and help them utilize the software. Many clients don't know what they are doing so you spend a lot of time training them. At times it gets really busy so you have to stay organized with your work.
Pros
Great people, benefits, free snacks, training, management support
Cons
Workload and the amount of information you need to know
August 18, 2018

Our clients depend on you so thank you for all you do! We are happy to hear you enjoy your job and everything Paylocity provides to you! We are constantly working towards balancing the workload and improving training and want you to know how much you are appreciated by taking time to drop us a note!

Poor payroll system
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTJuly 16, 2018
I love my job, manager and coworkers, but the payroll schedule is very bizarre and makes it so hard to manage money and bills. Too many people live paycheck to paycheck to be okay only getting paid essentially every 3-4 weeks.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Poorly managed payroll
July 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We are so happy to hear you are enjoying your job and coworkers! In regards to the payroll schedule, we pay our employees biweekly (26 times a year); please reach out to your HR Business Partner if you feel something is off with your payroll schedule so they can investigate this further for you. Thank you once again for providing feedback so we can continue working to make our employees even happier!

Web Benefit Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 11, 2018
Completely overworked with client load that went from 50 clients to about 140 clients. Very stressful work environment but supervisors were very supportive.
July 25, 2018

Thank you for providing candid feedback! We are happy to hear that you felt your supervisors were supportive and apologize that the increase in workload was stressful. We are take this feedback seriously and have taken this back to the team so we can continue to strive to maintain a healthy balance. Once again, we thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback and wish you the best of luck!

This job is a complete lie. You’ve been warned
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJune 3, 2018
Work life balance does not exist here. You will be over work and under developed from the start. One co worker fainted at work for stress and anxiety and then decided to quit for her health!

This company do not care about their employees. You will be laid off for “business needs”!

You would have a better opportunity and career development working for McDonalds cooperation.

Also please know that their managers are able to insult their employees without any displine from HR.

HR WILL NEVER TAKE YOUR SIDE ON ANY ISSUE. You have been warned!
Pros
Free fruits in the break room
Cons
Culture, work life balance, career development, year round stress, employee morale
July 25, 2018

Thank you for providing your valuable feedback. It’s unfortunate to hear you’ve had a less than a positive experience during your employment with us. We pride ourselves on having a culture where our people feel safe, valued and where they can thrive both professionally and personally. If you have not done so already I would strongly encourage you to contact Sarah Dudan, HR Manager for Client Services (sdudan@paylocity.com). We’d appreciate the opportunity to address your specific concerns. Thank you!

Great culture and atmosphere
Account Manager I / II (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 25, 2018
I loved working for Paylocity! Benefits, compensation, and perks were all wonderful. The only qualm I had was something that would certainly be worked out with time, which was that management was shifting quite often in the newness of the Boise location.
August 18, 2018

Thank you for leaving us a note and we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us! With Boise being our newest location and Paylocity being a growth company, the changes you speak about are honest. I’m happy to report we have stabilized the management group as we continue to grow our Boise (now Meridian) office!

Great Place to Work
Web Time Implementation Consultant II (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMay 16, 2018
Paylocity is a great place to work. The culture is great and the work life balance is unlike anywhere else you've ever worked. As long as you get your tasks complete, as you are there to do a job, you will enjoy the job. The people are great and it's like a big family.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Benefits aren't great if you have existing medical conditions
August 18, 2018

We are so happy to hear you find Paylocity a great place to work and enjoy our culture we have worked hard to build! I’m sorry to hear you don’t feel our benefits are good if you have an existing condition. If you have any questions or need assistance navigating your benefits, please do not hesitate to reach out directly to our Benefits Department. Thank you for leaving us feedback and we hope you have a successful career with us!

Poor management
Choose not to provide (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMay 5, 2018
I have worked for Paylocity for several years now. When I first started it was a great company to work for but as soon as they went public it started going down hill. Management is only now worried about the almighty dollar and the budget . Understaffing is a huge problem is several departments to the point where taking breaks, lunches and time off is a daily struggle. The system itself is broken in so many areas that it makes it difficult to do your job and produces many stressed employees and clients. They are eliminating depts and positions and when an employee from a department leaves they are not replacing them causing extreme stress on a daily basis and at year end it’s a complete disaster. I realize and accept that companies grow and change but the growth and change in this company is not being handled well by management at all . The loss of clients and good employees will hopefully wake them up someday.
August 18, 2018

Thank you for taking time to leave us feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you did not feel valued by your management team. Our training department has rolled out several levels of Management training so I’m confident that has and will continue to improve. You are correct, staffing up a growth company can be difficult, especially since we are focused on bringing on the best talent available. Our TA group has increased in size to accommodate these challenges, while still focusing on quality. Once again, thank you for leaving us feedback...we take this seriously and utilize it to continue to better ourselves as a company.

Productive and fun atmosphere
Tax Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILApril 16, 2018
The hardest part of the job is the that it is a growing company that is growing rapidly. One will have to work quickly and accurately. The people are fun and hard workers. Its has a great culture.
Pros
Company wide activities and event
August 18, 2018

Thank you for leaving us feedback! Working at a growth company definitely is challenging and not for everyone! We thank you for recognizing our award-winning culture and we are happy to hear you enjoy your co-workers! Best wishes on a successful career here at Paylocity!

Great place to work for teamwork and collaboration
Implementation Specialist II (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 15, 2018
I love the collaboration and teamwork here. Everyone is always willing to lend a hand when needed. With being able to work remotely, my work/life balance has greatly improved.
August 18, 2018

So happy to hear you enjoy your work, your teammates and your environment! Thank you for all your hard work you do for us and our clients!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paylocity. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.3Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.