Play YouTube video button
62Average

Paylocity Employee Reviews

United States134 reviews
Featured review
Paylocity selected this as a representative review
Zero to Hero- Paylocity develops talent!
When I began at Paylocity, I was fresh out of college and had little to no experience in Sales. Beginning in an entry-level sales role is never an "easy" or "cushy" job. Coming into the role, I knew that I would have to prove myself day-in and day-out. My peers, teammates, trainers, and managers were the main reason I was able to become successful in the role. The constant attention, advice, and training helped me (someone with no sales experience) to hit, and in many cases go well above, my assigned quotas.

Looking back to when I started with Paylocity and where I am now, I can definitely say that this company has instilled a work-ethic in me that will aid me in any job that the pursue in the future.

My advice to those of you who are looking for a great company to work for, Paylocity is definitely a company that puts "its money where its mouth is" in taking the time to produce and develop talent.
Pros
Lots of Incentives ($$$, Pto, events); Training/Development
Cons
Definitely a grind (not for those who aren't willing to work their butts off)
Official response from Paylocity
August 18, 2018
Thank you for providing great insight to the role of National Sales Support Representative! We are happy to hear you have been pleased with the training and support you’ve received along the way!
Great Culture and Product
Great place to work and the product really sells itself. As long as you can manage your time and follow up, you will be successful. The culture is the best.
You can learn a lot especially if you have never been in this type of business. Lots of room for movement and improving your skills.
Over all a great company to work for. I learned so much and am grateful to have worked there. I felt challenged and that drove me to work better. I recommend taking the opportunity if you get it!
Payroll Company
Payroll Company, learned a lot about the software. First Payroll Job.
Decorated for holidays

Celebrated Birthdays

Had friends there

Had 220 clients to myself, loved my clients
Amazing culture, competitive pay, great leaders, and good benefits. I feel appreciated for my work and am compensated accordingly. Great place to grow.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Good First Corporate Job
The entry level positions (telemarketing and customer service) have very high turnover so they'll hire anyone into these positions. Once you're there, you have to fight to remain while ideally rubbing shoulders with the people who could offer you a promotion. This is rare, however, and the positions that would be available are much more readily given to outside candidates.
Fast paced environment - client service positions are more like a call center now.
The Account Manager role has unfortunately changed into a call center type position where you spend the majority of your time answering calls for clients that are not your own, and therefore will often have to work overtime to finish tasks for your own clients.

Overall a fun place to work if you want the overtime.Management supports and encourages you to take trainings and be involved in the community.

No time off between Christmas and the middle of February.
Good culture, but terrible workload
Been with the company for a while and have had a myriad of positions, each still ended up with too much work and not enough people. It becomes impossible to stay on top of things without them being escalated.
Amazing Place to Work
Paylocity has been the greatest corporate gig I have ever worked. I couldn't even imagine organization work like this. It has been a huge cultural shift. So proud to be here and represent them
Pros
Freedom and pay
Cons
They need to hire more people
Great workplace, tough job
The job is sales, it's never easy, but management in NSS is absolutely fantastic. They really care about you and your success, and they want you to work hard and get promoted and get out of the entry-level job. The culture is great, they promote fun (ping pong, free snacks, lots of activities) as long as you get your job done too. The hardest part of the job is the sometimes scummy people you talk to on the phones, but peers and managers are always on your side and will help you out after a troubling call or day. The pay is great, the benefits are great, and you'll absolutely make friends here. You'll learn a lot about sales and even HR stuff working in NSS. A typical day is 150 cold calls (it sounds like more than it is, it's honestly easy), you talk to ~15 people you can pitch (it sounds like less than it is, but you'll get used to it), and try to hit goals of 4 sales every week. Not hitting quota is not the end of the world! This is the best place to work in B2B sales!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Paylocity?
Pretty awesome place to work and amazing people.
I love working at Paylocity!! They seem to really care about their people - at least from my experience, not sure if I’ve just gotten lucky! But I’m always a just work and leave kinda person so as long as you do your job, you never got bothered. When it’s busy, they feed you! Lol idk I’ve been busy in other jobs and they didn’t do anything. I trust my managers and know they got my back. I just hated the hours. December like 1st basically through Jan 31st, its pto blackout and I really enjoy spending holidays with my family. Plus, they said you would have your clients that you tend to, but every one on one I had where they reviewed my stats, my clients were only getting ahold of me like 8% of the time because it’s a team workflow and Im on the phone with other agents clients. I just am a relationships gal. Otherwise, super awesome place.
For the "right person"
Paylocity is an AMAZING company with a cool culture. But client services is EXTREMELY stressful. Even though they promote individual growth, they also try to lock you into customer service for at least 2 years by requiring you to sign a contract which then opens up a promotion with a raise.. Even though they promote within, all of the departments require at least 2 or 3 years in the entry level client services position.

If you have a high tolerance for typical customer service this is a great place to work.
Pretty cool job
It was a great job just worked very long hours out of the three days of work I was doing 40 hours in 3 days but no benefits cool diverse place. Nice friendly environment
very fun to work at
I enjoyed working here. Very busy most days and not as much others. some down time made up with the work that follows. Management was friendly. Super open environment and work place for all types. Some days dragged long into the nights sometimes 12 hours days multiple days a week. Overtime it became normal and therandom food days or even for birthdays was nice.
Benefits Account Manager
A lot of work during Benefits Open Enrollment season at year end. High Level of Stress without a lot of Management support. Working Overtime daily including weekends.

Able to work from if you meet the metrics standards.
Great job culture
Paylocity has a great culture in place and they really take care of their employees. There are numerous opportunities for advancement, incentives, and perks.Working there is very stressful, it's not for everyone, and you will work to exhaustion, but you'll experience great coworkers who will offer support.
Good benefits / No Clarity
The company is great for someone who is into payroll. But unfortunately I don't think they are clear during their hiring process (in regards to what the job is about and description of their training process). They really get you to come in because of the perks they offer.
Good entry level job
Good entry level job. Lots of growth opportunities. Great work culture. Long hours sometimes and job can be stressful but the company makes up for it with fun activities/ holiday parties and incentives. Fun place to work!
This is a great company to work for. Great culture and tons of room to advance. Very career oriented company, I’d still be working there if I was not relocating
Work from home
I love working from home. Good company. Good work life balance

Implementation of clients. Nice people.

Management is fair and reasonable.

Hours are flexible.
Unrealistic and arbitrary deadlines. Backstabbing and brown nosing.
They setup unrealistic arbitrary deadlines for software development projects to be completed. Without having all the facts, scope, requirements, milestones, and potential roadblocks known. And little to no clarity. Then are surprised when the projects are late. I've seen projects that are stopped and dumped after a year of development because its 'taking longer than expected' and they truly didn't know the scope and complexity beforehand. I've seen projects put on hold or abandoned so as to reallocate people to another project that is two years "late". Clients beta testing our software unbeknownst to them and without their approval in order to get their feedback when it breaks. Software being pushed to production so as to meet that deadline when the whole team says its not ready. Because once a deadline is missed, management starts looking for a scapegoat to blame and the backstabbing begins. Watch your back. The pay is below average, the benefits are alright I guess. I've had better. 401k match and stock purchase plan are nothing special.
CEO Steve Beauchamp is a good guy but is bending to the stockholders need for more profit. Sacrificing employee morale, quality of product. He can be nice and polite one day and mean / cold / argumentative and have a temper on another day. They do have their clicks and you need to brown nose your manager and be in their click, and work weekends on their pet projects in order to get a raise.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paylocity. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.