Play YouTube video button

Paylocity Employee Reviews

Featured review
Paylocity selected this as a representative review
Zero to Hero- Paylocity develops talent!
National Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 2, 2018
When I began at Paylocity, I was fresh out of college and had little to no experience in Sales. Beginning in an entry-level sales role is never an "easy" or "cushy" job. Coming into the role, I knew that I would have to prove myself day-in and day-out. My peers, teammates, trainers, and managers were the main reason I was able to become successful in the role. The constant attention, advice, and training helped me (someone with no sales experience) to hit, and in many cases go well above, my assigned quotas.

Looking back to when I started with Paylocity and where I am now, I can definitely say that this company has instilled a work-ethic in me that will aid me in any job that the pursue in the future.

My advice to those of you who are looking for a great company to work for, Paylocity is definitely a company that puts "its money where its mouth is" in taking the time to produce and develop talent.
Pros
Lots of Incentives ($$$, Pto, events); Training/Development
Cons
Definitely a grind (not for those who aren't willing to work their butts off)
Paylocity is great, AM is not
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 4, 2018
Paylocity is an excellent company with great management.I thoroughly enjoyed the culture and perks of the company. The Account Manager role however, was not particularly enjoyable. It is very restrictive and offers little flexibility. Blackout periods during Christmas and New Years, 9-6 mandatory, mandatory 1 hour lunch, relatively little time to pursue projects, and constant answering to the phone. It is essentially a call center job.
Pros
Culture, Company Events, Organizational Transparency
Cons
Flexibility, Advancement Time frame, Vacation Blackout Periods
Payroll Implementation Consultant
Payroll Implementation Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILNovember 4, 2018
Trained properly, no micro managing, and friendly work culture. Co-workers and managers are will to assist when you are having a difficult project. Proper equipment provided.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Lots of meetings while still needing to complete pr
Great for skill acquirement.
Account Manager (Customer Service) (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILOctober 22, 2018
I worked during the year end. In payroll, year end is a very stressful time of the year because of trying to get out the W2's to all the clients on time and with the correct information. The job required many hours of training; which the company provided with pay. The training was helpful, but until your actually performing the task you are not aware of the stress involved.
Best Place to work in Treasure Valley!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDOctober 19, 2018
Paylocity is an amazing place to work in Meridan. Our brand new building is truly state of the art and the leadership ensured that the building has amenities down to the smallest detail! We have challenging roles at Paylocity but with challenging work comes a lot of personal growth and development. There are great resources in place to help grow your skill set. If you're ready to truly start a career in a dynamic workplace I highly recommend Paylocity!
Pros
Career growth, amazing culture, collaborative envrionment
Cons
Roles can be stressful especially during certain times of the year
Awesome work from home
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILOctober 17, 2018
Love the work from home and flexible OT. The work isn't much to do on a daily day. The pay is good and location of office is beautiful. The PTO isn't the best but the benefits of insurance is great. Lastly, very relax company.
October 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback! We are thrilled to hear that you are loving your job! Have a great day and thank you once again!

Best job ever!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 17, 2018
Paylocity has been an amazing place to work even though I have only been here for one month currently. The environment is amazing and you can tell they truly care about you here. I would truly recommend this job and I admit that at times the job is tough but we work hard and PLAY hard.
October 19, 2018

You are correct - the Account Manager role is complex and we do our very best to hire the best and brightest, like you, who will treat our clients great! Sounds like you are doing wonderful and we are so happy to hear you are enjoying the environment, as we continually focus on making our culture better and better! Thank you for taking time to leave us feedback!

Fast paced, but maybe too fast paced
Professional Services Representative I (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 9, 2018
Paylocity is a rapidly growing company. They have hired almost 1,000 new people since i started with the company. Things are constantly evolving, but this becomes a problem. We would barely get comfortable with our processes before we would change them. Also, the department I worked in always felt excluded from most things. Many people in upper management didn't even know what my department did. This leads to a lot of frustration.
It is a fun place to work as long as you are friends with the managers and appreciate going out and partying with them.
National Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILSeptember 28, 2018
Fun atmosphere with a lack of management and opportunity to progress in the company. Lots of failed promises and lack of encouragement/support for employees.
Pros
Game Room, Culture, Outings
October 5, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the Paylocity culture. In the same breath, we are sorry to hear that you felt that there was a lack of management as well as a lack of opportunities to grow within the company. Paylocity prides itself on being a Best Place to Work, which includes a supportive management/leadership team as well as career growth opportunities for performing employee’s. We value your feedback and we will indeed use it to continue improvements within Paylocity.

Dynamic, challenging, innovative!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 21, 2018
I love working at Paylocity for many reasons. The innovation never stops and because of that, we are a fast paced, exciting and dynamic company that offers endless growth opportunities. There is never a dull moment and I'm constantly challenged. Employees have a voice at Paylocity and our executive team listens as new benefits and programs are implemented on our behalf. The culture at Paylocity is amazing, it's truly a work hard play hard environment. The casual dress, fun activities and events, and modern facilities make it exciting to come into work everyday. I couldn't imagine working anywhere else!
October 19, 2018

Great to hear and we love knowing how much you enjoy your role and our environment! We look forward to your continued growth within the company. Thank you for leaving us such positive feedback!

Paylocity
Operations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2018
There are good things and bad things about working remotely. There is no sense of collaboration or team building whenever you work remote. The majority of individuals who enjoy working at home are introverts who would rather spend time alone and do not see the value in relationships and building teams.
October 19, 2018

Thanks for leaving us feedback! Remote work is definitely not for everyone. We do have a Remote Council employees can join to try and bridge those gaps with others. Should you have any great ideas on how to make remote work better in regards to relationship building, always feel free to reach out to your HRBP. Thank you!

Excellent culture with passionate coworkers
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  SchaumburgSeptember 7, 2018
I have been working at Paylocity for over 4 years now. I have been promoted and I have seen lots of my coworkers also get promoted over the years due to our fast growth it happens organically. Every single year our benefits keep improving from where they were at before. I foresee myself staying at this company for as long as I can.
Pros
Fooda, lots of events in the community, benefits, work/life balance
Cons
fast growth can be challenging, but it's a challenge I welcome
September 10, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are thrilled to hear you love Paylocity and all we have to offer...including a great career path and awesome benefits! Thank you!

Great Culture and Career Development
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 29, 2018
I started working at Paylocity right out of college and it has been a great experience since day 1. I can honestly say that I wake up every morning excited to come into work because of the amazing culture that they've created here. I feel that I've been able to develop not only my career, but also myself as a person in many ways. The management and training here is amazing and I felt that I was more than prepared when I started here. I also don't feel capped out at this point, I know that when I am ready to move forward with my career, I will have the support and resources to do so.
August 31, 2018

We appreciate you leaving us this wonderful feedback! Our culture is something that is so important and we are thrilled to hear you are not only excited about your current job, but also about your future career aspirations with us here at Paylocity! Thank you!

Love working for Paylocity
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 24, 2018
I feel lucky on a daily basis to be working here! People are generally passionate about the success of the company and really care about their contributions so I see a lot of collaboration, people coming together to get things done and celebrating wins along the way. Things do move quickly and change often given we are a growth environment, so it may not be ideal for everyone. With that said, ideas are encouraged and welcome so for those who are creative and process improvement minded it can be highly rewarding! Supportive leadership and my coworkers are great to work with. All and all a very positive environment and never a dull moment!
Pros
Good benefits, employee centric, supportive leadership
Cons
Not necessarily a 'con' but the environment is very fast paced
August 31, 2018

Thank you for taking time to leave us your thoughts! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy your job and your environment as we are always striving to truly be a great place to work! Thanks again!

Great culture, great opportunity
Annonymous (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 17, 2018
Before Paylocity, I felt like a number on a spreadsheet with no opportunity to grow or develop as an employee. It's a definite learning curve to step into a rapidly growing company like this, but the culture cannot be beat! Management teams are top-notch, truly care and keep an open conversation about being a part of the company long-term. Initiative is welcomed and constant growth keeps things from feeling mundane. There are numerous events happening all the time, along with the modern and collaborative office space that breeds creativity and interaction with other groups! I love how much this company cares for it's people (great benefits) and encourages community involvement (time off to volunteer.)
Pros
Culture, leadership, creativity and growth opportunity
Cons
Things move quickly as the company grows, keeps you on your toes!
August 18, 2018

Great to hear that as a current employee, you feel valued and a part of the Paylocity family! We absolutely love hearing what you enjoy most about working here! Thank you for taking time to let us know your thoughts.

Nss
National Sales Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 15, 2018
For the past two years I've been with Paylocity in NSS. It truly is a great company and a fun environment to work in. Management understands that this job isn't the most fun, but they do their best to reward their employees as much as possible. As a department we've had events at Cubs games, Arlington Race Track, and Top Golf. They also understand new employees need a ton of training and they make sure you're not thrown to the wolves. If you work hard in this role you will also have the opportunity to interview for different positions once you hit your year mark. Management gives you honest feedback and things to work on which will help you succeed in this role. I hope to have a long career here at Paylocity!
Pros
Free food, department events, pto incentives, helpful training
Cons
need more leads, can be very competitive to get promotions
August 18, 2018

Congratulations on a successful two years with NSS! Your role is tough but a critical one and it’s our pleasure to reward our loyal, committed employees! We wish you much success in a long career with Paylocity!

Awesome company
Distribution Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 14, 2018
They are an awesome company to work with and have get together to interact with other departments the supervisor are a great person to work with and the understand you
August 18, 2018

So glad that you are happy with the collaboration and your management! Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know how we are doing!

Great place to work for. Provide many amenities and benefits for their employees.
Account Manger II (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILAugust 13, 2018
Paylocity has built a culture in which they put an extreme importance on making sure their employees are happy and properly trained. The culture they have built is as close as i have ever seen a publicly owned company have to a family like structure. Everybody is friendly and willing to help at all times. Compensation and benefits is very good.
Pros
Free food, Great Benefits, employee centered company culture, outstanding camaraderie.
Cons
Depending on position the hours may exceed 45+ a week, every week.
August 18, 2018

Thank you for leaving us your recommendation! You are exactly correct when you say we put an extreme amount of importance into maintaining and always looking for ways to improve our award-winning culture. We are glad you are part of the Paylocity family!

Productive and Fun
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 10, 2018
Paylocity is a fast pace and exciting place to work. You have to be able to roll with the changes since the company is growing at such a fast pace, but I feel that they always have the employees best interest. My day to day requires me to be able to multi-task and produce work weekly. I think for most departments work load can be heavier certain times of the year than others, so you just have to have the "work hard, play hard" mentality! I am very thankful for my job at Paylocity and I feel that if I ever had a concern or issue my managers would listen.
Pros
Work life balance and management
Cons
Constant change because of growth
August 18, 2018

The one thing that remains true at Paylocity is the growth and with that comes change. Thank you for recognizing that we do have our employees best interest at heart. We are thankful for employees like you who work hard every day!

Like no other
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 27, 2018
I've never witnessed a company that cares as much about its employees as this organization. It is a high-growth company, period. Culture and work-life balance remain preeminent, but you must be ready to come in and contribute. People and teams have expectations and you are counted on to share your talents. Even with growth, you are never an anonymous number.

The CEO opens himself up for ongoing questions and feedback. He recognizes and addresses people by name at every location and is thoughtful and encompassing in his leadership. That's rare.

Diversity is a weak spot that is openly being addressed.

This company has changed the direction of my professional life - I've seen what all corporations should aspire to. I've been challenged to grow in many aspects. Working here is the chance of a lifetime and employees must seize the day.
Pros
People, benefits, referral bonus, opportunities, state-of-the-art innovation and corporate facilities
Cons
Need more diversity
August 18, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide a true glimpse into our company. We are so happy to hear you find your job challenging and rewarding! Best of luck in a successful career with us at Paylocity!

Amazing Place to Work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 25, 2018
Typical day includes email clients and answering phones on various HR software applications. Troubleshoot challenges a client may have and help them utilize the software. Many clients don't know what they are doing so you spend a lot of time training them. At times it gets really busy so you have to stay organized with your work.
Pros
Great people, benefits, free snacks, training, management support
Cons
Workload and the amount of information you need to know
August 18, 2018

Our clients depend on you so thank you for all you do! We are happy to hear you enjoy your job and everything Paylocity provides to you! We are constantly working towards balancing the workload and improving training and want you to know how much you are appreciated by taking time to drop us a note!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paylocity. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss