PayPal

PayPal Employee Reviews

United States1,192 reviews

Found 1,192 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,659 reviews
ebaybalanceculturegymbenefitmetricfraudteammate

Fun but short on promises

Too much Traveling, short on bonuses, pto can be improved. Was promised team leader or principal, didn't happen. Always met deadlines, always a team player. Performance doesn't mean a thing... they'll promote seniority over Performance all the time.

Nice Place to Work

I got hired in to the credit solutions department (call center) out of high school. There was a 2 month training period that was taken in a class room then transitioned into sit along until we were put into our own teams and officially worked on the floor. The training was

PayPal insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energizing work tasks

The do have a game room

In my experience working their I have seen 3 major layoffs out sourcing of Jobs. High turnover for management. They non supportive of people that have been their for a long time. It is hard to move up. It hard to get a raise.

Pros

I never see free food of any kind

Cons

health care was good

Grateful I’m not tortured anymore but it’s still not great

Not a lot of room for upward mobility and HR is completely nonexistent. We have a website where you can submit a an HR ticket but don’t expect to hear anything back. Crazy to think I work for a Fortune 100 company……That aside, I will say things have gotten way better in my department since being remote. Work life balance is good whereas before, 9am-9pm shifts were not uncommon for me. We would be pressured to stay late and shamed for leaving our desks to take breaks. Coworkers were encouraged to steal leads in the 5 mins we were gone. Management is all in all down to earth now. Our last last channel manager wrestled my coworker in the office but I won’t get into that…..It still has a bit of favoritism in terms of promotion and because the job is so repetitive it’s easy to feel stuck. The base is god awful but the commission structure sort of makes up for it.

They really take care of their employees and care about work life balance

This year I lost both parents and they really were patient and cared about my mental well being and made sure I have the time off and support I needed to return

Pros

Benefits and pay

Loved my Job

Never Loved a Job more, great people great job great benefits. nothing bad to say about the job only left due to relocation and not able to work from new location

Great Colleagues

Great culture and the brightest colleagues. Loved my job, but if you don’t negotiate a higher pay rate when you start you will struggle to get decent raises even with superior ratings.

Be sure you make friends and advocate for yourself every day

The merchant side is more boring and there’s only one good manager. The consumer side has a ton of good managers and I met a lot of coworkers that loved working over there.

Excellent Company to work for

Excellent company! The pay is good and the benefits are awesome. Management cares about the employees and the Supervisors are there for your advancement.

Pros

Management and Benefits

Cons

Screaming customers!

What is the best part of working at the company?Amazing health benefits, they really take care of you. Only down side is if you're conservative, keep your mouth shut very liberal environment.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Only hitting your numbers, mostly was only an issue when working from home.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Again very upbeat positive environment, again of you're conservative keep it to yourself.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Disputes is the best department, but you will be forced to work all departments. They will tell you they won't make you, when you get your offer. That has changed for sure, so they might not say that anymore.

Productive , fun, but cut throat and political.

Great company and enjoyed many positions that I worked in. Entry level expectations are easy to accomplish but lowest producer will always be let go. Team Leader and above will at some point be laid off. That’s what PayPal does. If you stay in one position for too long, you will be laid off. Women have a priority with promotions.

Not great, not terrible.

Your average customer service kind of job. On the phones all day with some bad calls and some okay calls. Great cafeteria, cheap drinks in soda machines, and free coffee. Definitely some perks to make you think it’s all worthwhile.

Miserable most of the time

The job itself is not very rewarding. Most calls you get are from angry customers. You have to interview 4/5 times just to get promoted to a different position. When they do train you in new departments, there is no pay raise. The only good part is the people you work with and the bonuses at the end of the year. Also you can work from home which is nice.

Nice Internship Experience

Work from home was flexible. Quite a bit of bureaucracy at times so project progress was slow at first, but makes sense for what it was. Overall decent SWE Internship.

Pros

Work From Home

Cons

Bureaucracy Sometimes

What is the best part of working at the company?Community, Inclusivity, Management caresWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Handling customers who do not understand what Government Sanctions on banking is and where to place the blame when violations occur on an account or transactions and if we do not comply with government policy we would be shut down.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very inclusive as we are a forward thinking global company. There is a place for EVERYONE regardless of race, religion, social status, color, abilities. Work Life balance is always provided and encouraged. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Researching transactions to ensure 100% compliance

Pretty good

Work was stressful at times. Train8ng and management was good. Good perks. I would say paypal is a nice place to work. You have chances for growth. I enjoyed it

Nothing but a Number

You are nothing but a warm body in a chair, completing casework through a queue system. There is no thinking outside of the box and no creativity. You are completely judged on your production...because again you are just a warm body that's there to produce

PayPal is cool

Their CEO is tanking the place but the people are so dope. Just have to make sure you get your production done and it is remote so it works out. Not a bad place to work for

What is the best part of working at the company?the peopleWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?none. It was a great opportunityWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?open and friendlyWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Busy. We put in the work

Customer service rep

I feel like they do not equip me to handle customers well. They are often frustrated with me. Partially because this company offers terrible service.

Amazing place to work

Started here as a CSR and have stayed for 10 years. Great place to work, incredible benefits, really positive and inclusive culture. Most of what I’d have to say about PayPal is positive, however the one negative I can point to is the constant change, if you are someone that doesn’t like change this isn’t the place for you. Systems, tools, processes and procedures are constantly being tweaked and changed so if you can handle change this is your place.

Pros

Benefits, culture, and flexibility

Cons

Constant change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PayPal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight