Play YouTube video button

Found 778 reviews matching the search See all 1,012 reviews
Small teams with a lot of Meetings
DevOps & Cloud Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 16, 2018
Small teams with a lot of Meetings

You will definitely be busy working @ PayPal. There are more meetings than I have ever experienced during my 15+ year career.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Not enough time to get projects completed.
Fast moving yet relaxed
Disputes Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 11, 2018
If you like a constant challenge and continuous work this is the place for you. Pay is good and benefits are amazing. You do get compensated for the work as well thru stock and bonus programs. I do like the team feel and that everyone is on a equal level.
Pros
Benefits and bonus
Cons
Work never stops
If you enjoy customer service its great
Annonymous (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 2, 2018
A typical day begins with merchants calling with problems pertaining to their account. PayPal generates their own calls by holding funds, restricting accounts and initiating limitations. Compliance equal control and improve perceived security. That's a good thing. Every call is a new experience. Literally.

The hardest part of the job is seriously wanting to help the customer but being on minute by minute, every word you speak scrutinized. There are multiple systems that tweak handle times so the supervisors can manipulate the data to either praise or humiliate you as a human being. Which is wrong on so many levels.

They use surveys to gage whether or not an agent is productive or not even when in fact their back end software is not cooperating. And so many agents are experts at pass the trash assistance causing those that truly care about customer concerns to appear lack luster and therefor non-interested. Which is not the case. Think about that though, the breeze by agents are rewarded but the by the 3rd or 4th call the customer is perturbed big time. So, if you cannot resolve the customer issue because of a whole host of system generated issues then your screwed. Try contacting their Merchant Technical Support by phone. You can't. They use a ticketing service and you guessed it, the customer never provides enough information, therefor they are closed out and never resolved. That's not a positive thing when your a large money mover, they use a payment processor, they are not bank or processor. A facilitator.

KDI is what is esteemed, perceived satisfaction is the
  more... goal.

Managers believe that if your not continuously seeking change of experience or expertise or applying for other positions, your stagnant and not a driven employee and that is simply not the case. Some prefer to maintain and refine their careers. Kids these days.

If your happy making less than 7% more after several years of customer service and you can dodge the cutbacks that seem to surface every 3 or 4 years, great. It's a good stepping stone but if you are seeking financial security to raise a family, think twice.

A proven fact, " When they are hiring, they are firing." And when a company will contract a busing company, or Uber, or taxi service to pick you up and drive you to work and there is chance they are desperate because they have overused the community for which they employ or have employed. If, they like you then you'll be fine until they mention "change", we have to embrace change. That means they are inherently seeking a change of employees, Be aware.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Occurances, one minute late and your tardy
Ceo
fraud agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 28, 2018
We changed from originating creators to credit card company CEO and the culture dramatically changed. Then he quit of the weekend and left company in limbo
Fun Somewhat Relaxed Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 26, 2018
Don't take my word too much for it because I was a temp at PayPal but I do say that working at this place was one of the most stressful job I can say I ever had it was only for 4 months and we only had 5 weeks for a 13 week training class which did not let me be as comfortable in my job as I wanted to be I did have a great team lead I can say and I met some great co workers which made the days bearable but over all it was a great company to work for a lot of cut throat amongst the employees for some reason but a great company over all to work at that is if your not a temp.
Pros
Great Company, Great Benefits For Perm Employees
Cons
Was Kind If Far, I Was A Temp, Wasn't Fully Trained To My Full Ability
"New age Banker" meets Tech Savy Professional
Fraud Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 20, 2018
I enjoyed my position at Paypal, and learned a lot about the financial industry in the long run. Being on the cutting edge of changing banking law, regarding electronic payments is a very unique vantage point. PayPal offers extensive new hire training, and is committed to providing training to existing employee's, ultimately giving everyone a great opportunity for success.
Pros
great incentives, and a progressive workplace
Cons
kind of off the beaten path, lack of remote positions
Good place to work , accommodating, fun and flexible
PROTECTION SERVICES PHONE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 18, 2018
Many departments, lots of room for advancement, company has many shifts and hours available and jobs to match any skill level. Training is provided to
Improve job skills
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 16, 2018
productive and fun workplace with many accommodation to make employees confortable while working. Employee benefit plans are awesome. I thing they are very considered.
Pros
free lunches and no dress code
Cons
nothing
FLOD Qualilty assurance
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 15, 2018
i love paypal. They have great benefits and people. Most managers are great. I love the department i am in with FLOD (internal controls).
The pay is horrible...
Pros
people, job function
Cons
pay
my favorite job ever
COLLECTIONS REP 2 (Former Employee) –  H7unt Valley, MDNovember 14, 2018
I have never worked for a better company. The people, overtime, parties are all awesome, i have not 1 bad thing to say about PayPal. I had to move out of state, but if i didnt i would have definitely retired with this company. I loved it. I moved up relatively quickly. they paychecks, raises, and incentives were all great. I highly recommend this place.
Pros
everything was great. literally treated me like family
Cons
i cant think of anything.
N/a
Senior Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 13, 2018
Typical workday starts at around 7AM and ends at 5PM. The workplace culture is fast-paced but relaxed at the same time. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Green Initiative company
Senior Collection Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDNovember 12, 2018
The Culture was embraced in training and in the live environment. Open door policy strictly enforced by all level of management. Very enforceable. I love being able to communicate with everyone on every level
Pros
Diversity, great office incentives, effective leadership
Cons
Position movement, starting pay
A company that values career devlopment and Diversity and inclusion
SENIOR TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 11, 2018
PayPal is constantly seeking ways to help others in their leadership development. They always have the customer in mind with each initiative even at the front-line team level.
Okay place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 6, 2018
If you don't mind uniformed, angry customers calling in about their financial accounts, it's not a bad place to work. Good manager and team, but it made me sad when older people called in and had no idea they had signed up for our credit service and owed money they didn't have. Overall, I was compensated for what I did and it was a good job at the time.
Pros
good teams, decent pay for the job
Cons
credit services equal angry customers, little to no advancement for position
great
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 6, 2018
enjoyed working there. really enjoyed the culture and people. great location. great people to work with. i really liked the people a lot. and the gym. that was the best part.
Great company to work
Senior Manager / Architect (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 5, 2018
My long years at the company have taught me that like a big company, experience with the company can varies quite a bit depends on your environment. Overall, I think Paypal is a great place to work.
Good Company with Advancement Opportunities
Commercial Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 1, 2018
Excellent product/service with a good work environment. Paypal is excellent at acquiring the right businesses for continued success. However, the management is poor at an entry level position.
Pros
Benefits, work environment
Cons
Management, Politically correct instead of human with management
Great culture, involved in community and somewhat relaxed enviornment
Merchant Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 31, 2018
PayPal offers amazing benefits and has a competitive starting pay. The company was very involved in the community and always had volunteer opportunities available. Unfortunately, after several lateral moves in the company, it felt like I was taking on more and more without additional compensation. After several re-organizations within my department, I was handling calls that were completely different than the position I had applied for. At that point, there weren't many opportunities to move into a department that was better suited for my skills.
Pros
Benefits, maternity leave and stock
Cons
Getting moved around without concern for employee's career
a job for teens whom just got out of highschool
SRO FRAUD AGENT / CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 26, 2018
typical call center environment with a lot of micromanaging. Set time for breaks and lunches, tracked progress. overall, good opportunity for someone looking for a full time job right out of highschool.
Great place to work but no time for personal life
Report/Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lavista, NEOctober 26, 2018
Very structured environment. PayPal really takes care of their employees. A lot of great amenities such as coffee, tea and soft drinks (at a reasonable price). Dining area and fridge for lunch/dinner. Arcade room and workout facilities were also available.
On occasion employees are fed breakfast. The employees do work hard so I seldom see any of the employees taking advantage of the amenities provided at PayPal.

My supervisor was really great as she allowed me to work independently and supported me on a lot of projects. My co-workers were just as fabulous to work alongside as they had no problems letting me learn from them. As a technical person I like to understand everything involved in the business process.

PayPal was a great place to work. The only problem I could forsee is the amount of assignments tasked to one person. It was usually overwhelming and can be a lot to handle. So personal/family life usually took a toll. There was no work/life balance.
Pros
Free coffee/tea. Areas to destress. Strong teamwork.
Cons
Lot of hours at the office, little time to spend with family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PayPal. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at PayPal.

Powered by Comparably