PayPal Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Customer Support Representative (Collections) (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 18, 2018
Since the split from Ebay the focus on employees has died. They did not pay well, I made more money for a telecom in 2000. Management seemed to be encouraged to be unreasonable.
Not a friendly environment
MDM Lead - BSA (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 14, 2018
Not a friendly environment.Work-life balance is not very good.
Salary is not as per the expectation. Infrastructure is good though!

Commuting facilities are not good
It's a call center
CREDIT ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 11, 2018
They offer good benefits and pay, but don't be fooled though. It's a call center. Get your experience and get a new job with a company that will pay you more. There were often changing rules and compensations plans that were advocated for the better of everyone, but it's absolutely for the value of their stock share holders. Culture and all that is nice, but to many people get caught up forgetting they're a business that makes billions for a reason. Everything presented to the social eye whether internal or to the public, is for a reason. Manage your calls, bro down with management, don't complain, and you'll get a good raise and opportunities that others who don't follow that rubric wont get.
Pros
employee stock plan/ benefits
Cons
It's a call center through
healthy company
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 10, 2018
traditional company that was run well with good structure. Solid processes and people.
One bad thing is the work load is way too high. You don't get to go home or you go home and work till midnight anyway.
If you want a sound retirement work here, benefit is very good.
Pros
good company
Cons
no personal life
Xoom great culture and diversity
Sr. Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 8, 2018
My typical day went by pretty fast, given the sensitive nature of my role which was great. I enjoyed the culture, we have a divers group of talent in all areas of the company, both US and in Guatemala. Our CEO and GM are great individuals to work with and have been there a few years later when I originally started.

The last 13 years provided me with the skill set of being able to go into any new roles, that was the benefit of being a start-up now Fortune 500 company.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Movement within company can be limited
Good pay and benefits
Senior Agent/Mentor/Payment Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68127May 2, 2018
PayPal is competitive with compensation and benefits and they have a great culture that they follow. The job itself however, is frustrating due to the fact that my current position is not challenging and does not interest me. It is very monotonous and I am not feeling as if it is a good fit for me anymore, as my mentoring skills are not being put to use.
workplace culture
DevOps Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 2, 2018
Work life balance, unlimited training opportunity, some advanced techniques used, free snacks and drinks. Great people to work and learn, unlimited vacation.
Respectable Company
Investigator (Current Employee) –  ArizonaApril 30, 2018
Conduct quality investigations and SAR reporting on various areas of risk within Compliance, while focusing on quantity. Annual training on Anti-Money Laundering regulations; US Patriot Act, Know Your Customer and the Bank Secrecy Act. Availability to enhance competencies through internal mentoring systems.
Pros
Great benefits and availability to Flex
Cons
Communication between/within departments and advancement
productive and fun workplace with great benefits
Collections Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDApril 21, 2018
Fun upbeat call center where I am responsible for leading a team size of 20 to ensure we are collection on past due balances for the company. Coach and develop agent who are lacking in performance and reprimand if necessary.
Pros
free sode, coffee, tea and water
Cons
no cafeteria
Awesome place to work
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 21, 2018
Awesome place to work.
Developed software tools everyday.
Relaxed work environment.
Bad canteen culture. Doesn't provide enough food. No value for money.
Paypal has the best workplace culture ever
Collections Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDApril 19, 2018
Room to grow within the company tons of paypal swag give always relax dress code flexible scheduling with some positions great benefits gym on site company trips
Pros
paypal swag, food, drinks, bonus programs
Cons
cellphone policy
do not feel like writing review
PayPal Credit Executive Escalations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDApril 18, 2018
see above. id not not feel like writing a review right now see above. this is a waste of my time and i should not have to write this just to be able to look at job postings.
paypal day
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2018
It is very team oriented. Management is very focused on what the team needs not just what the company needs. It is a healthy balance and the management allows the teams to input advice on what we would like to see for our job to be easier or smoother.
Pros
free fruit
Cons
would like more OT
It started out great
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 17, 2018
I’ve been with PayPal collections for a year. I truly enjoyed my job and the challenge it provided. Until the ridiculously changes started happening.
While change is inevitable when your told two different things that contradict in the same sentence and then told if you don’t do something correctly and you fail your bonus is taken away, it leaves a terrible taste.
The lack of communication from top to the agents taking calls is absolutely terrible. We aren’t told things until the day of or the day before when management knew for MONTHS. There is no true collaboration with the agents taking calls and the management.
There was so many times I heard the phrases “I am scared to do my job because I don’t know if it’s right or not” and “ I don’t know what I am doing because no one has a right answer” coming from tenured agents because of the insane amount of back and forth between policies and the grey areas.

The absolute lack of advancement is a killer. It’s not based off of true performance, but off of who you know and how well you kissed up.
Whatever you do, don’t mention anything potentially negative or offer a different perspective or solution to a problem,because that will not gain you any kind of true points. Now your on a list and say goodbye to moving up no matter how good your numbers are and your work ethic is.

The life work balance is a joke. In order to make ends meet you have to work overtime and bonus. But if you make a mistake and fail a call you’ve lost your bonus. After a year of being a top agent I got a .35 cent raise. I could quit and get rehired
  more... at a higher rate.

This is a typical call center now. Churning out agents to make money for the company. The benefits are great I really enjoyed the onsite dental services. The cafe downstairs is amazing and the inclusion for the different groups is good as well.

But that is about it. It’s a good job for experience, but not to move up on the company.

Upper management needs to get it together. It’s like you are running around with your heads cut off. It doesn’t instill confidence in leadership nor does it make the agents who look to you for guidance feel confident in doing their job.
Pros
Free fruit, pto psl casual dress
Cons
Lack of advancement, pay, lack of training and transparency
Rewarding company
Senior Manager, Sales (Former Employee) –  Maryland City, MDApril 17, 2018
Great company and pay, company will invest and train you. Excellent benefits and on going training program. CEO is responsive to employee questions during ask the CEO anything calls.
Benefits
Cons
Annual assessment evaluation narrow
Anxiety ridden toxic environment
Senior Analyst - Regulatory Compliance Risk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 16, 2018
I do not recommend anyone work here. There are too many changes occurring because those in leadership do not take the time to put well thought-out processes in place.
Good job
Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  La Vista, NE 68128April 15, 2018
Is a good place to work. Great pay and benefits. People are great and schedule is flexible. Culture and atmosphere are also awesome. Paid time off and sick time make it a great place.
Controlled culture with God given opportunity that will be wasted
Program Management / PMO (Fintech) (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 12, 2018
The senior management is capable to certain extent since the got lucky and digital money is now front and center of the next major change in the way people will live.

The top-down, few people know what needs to be real done and too many yesman will take its toll at some point.
Enjoyed when I worked there
UNIX Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 11, 2018
I worked for Paypal when it was still an eBay company; it may have changed in the last 6 years. At the time, it had free water / soft drinks and basic food items in the break areas, which was a plus.
High Standards Tough enviroment
Seller RIsk Agent (Current Employee) –  La Vista, NEApril 4, 2018
they set a high bar for success and have lots of benefits but can be a relatively tough place too work if your hoping to advance with any level of speed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PayPal. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.2Fairygodboss Score

45%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

55%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.