PayPal

PayPal Employee Reviews in Hunt Valley, MD

The company is very big on diversity and inclusion. They take the time to hold workshops and training on the matter. There is room for growth and opportunity to learn different departments.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
management support
Was fun than got laid off after being there for a year. The work life balance was great and so was the overall culture while working there. Definitely would’ve stayed longer
The training was fun, however once you got on the floor you find there isn't much you can do using their system to fix anything. Managers have given heavily sarcastic answers anytime asked a question. One manager openly practiced discrimination, and purposefully started drama with the people they didn't like, and this is all while being verbally abused over their systems failures with no attempt to fix the problems.
Pros
Free lunches once in a while
Cons
Management is the worst I've ever seen. Customers are at best calm and at worst actively abusive.
My old jobs site shut down. But it was the best place ever to work .managers were easy to work with. Big desk space. People were ready to help. Gym onsite. Lunch vendors everyday. Book corner. Awesome break room.
Pros
Free soda, benefits, gym on site, pto
Cons
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
They had amazing benefits and great managers. The schedule was pretty flexible as they were open like 18 hours/ day. They were always giving out prizes and feeding us and the goals were easily attainable
Pros
Free food, great benefits, good managers
Cons
Location closed
A great place to work with innovative ideas to make life interesting and exciting for it's employees. This company believes in inclusion and does not tolerate discrimination of any kind. They have a great stock plan and very good benefits package from day one.
Pros
A firm belief in helping their employees reach their full potential
Cons
They need a less cumbersome employee evaluation process
A typical day is either an 8-hour or 10-hour shift. I learned a great deal about the PayPal Credit portfolio. When management stated that they would do something, they did it. The company was highly focused on keeping attrition low. The culture is very inclusive and diverse.
I enjoyed the genuine diversity! Excellent training team. Awesome motivation amongst teammates. Company morale was great. PayPal have good events in showing appreciation to employees
Best call center job ever. Amazing pay (including bonuses), amazing culture. Lots of room for growth & development. Miss this job, wish it didn’t shut down.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PayPal?
Great benefits and cares about employees and gives back to the community! Great co-workers Loved the location Helpful staff Paid days off Great health benefits
PayPal has a MAGNIFICENT culture!! They promote an inclusive environment, and they adhered to their principles and values. All resources to perform my job functions adequately were provided or easily accessible. PayPal is by far one of the best companies to work for!
Overall Paypal was a average place to work. The main thing was the work life balance. Two of the perks I found the best, were the sabbaticals and the flex time.
Very little advancement. Peers were lazy and they knew how to do the bare minimum in order to “get by”. Management was made aware of issues but never addressed them.
Great Company but poor management in Hunt Valley Location.New Hire pay scale kept changing which caused the company to keep adjusting current employees salaries to bridge the gap, which sounds okay but the mid year raise budget seemed to be utilized to correct the companies continuous error.
Productive work environment. worked hard on diversity and inclusion. PayPal was a family oriented place to work. Employees well being was very important to the company.
I miss my job at PayPal, Unfortunately with the mass lay off I had to leave. I wanted to grow and build with PayPal and make a career. I loved all the employee's I worked with. I adore all the managers.
I’m glad the Hunt Valley office is closed, they pay was horrible and so was management! It was hard to move up to a new position. The training and experience was horrible!
Was a great place to work before the site closed . The coworkers and work environment was awesome . Also ,the benefits and work/ life balance were amazing .
Enjoyed working there for over 5 years until company closed in June. The job had many opportunities for growth. Sorry that it ended, now time for a new journey.
Paypal was in a great location, the schedule was terrible (12-9pm) the managers had a lot of personal issues with the temps and treated them differently. The training was the worse, they need updated more relevant material.
No job is perfect but I honestly I looked forward to going to work every day. While the difficulty in my job changed the job description never changed from my hiring role job description . Every day I performed the duties described in that role in some capacity while allowed to grow and take on more responsibility . As my responsibilities grew, I was able to manage my work life balance by being able to set my own hours, just one of the many benefits to working for PayPal. The benefits were great the perks were better. Most of my coworkers were professional individuals that I am proud to call friends . Middle-management was led by upper management and that was the biggest con, Upper management appeared to be uninvested In anything but stockholder profit , and even that wasn’t that big of a con it just could’ve been better. The base salary was fair and inventive available if you choose to work for it. The opportunity for advancement was also available although limited due the campus. My direct manager never attempted to hold me back and encouraged growth whenever possible. Communication between departments occurred regularly and seamlessly . Feedback to Upper Management was requested and given often and rarely if ever implemented. One of my favorite employers!
Pros
The Christmas party, free food, free drinks all the daily perks
Cons
Upper management