PayPal
Happiness rating is 72 out of 100

PayPal Culture reviews

Rude and inconsiderate team leads who shouldn't be team leads. Some have never done the job and it shows. Lots of politics at this job. Would not suggest anyone applying with them.
Pros
Some co workers
Cons
Team leads and supervisors
Good culture, lots of opportunities for growth. Come as you are attitude which allows some freedom of self expression as long as you are professional. Awesome benefits.
Sehr schöne multi-kulti-Mentalität. Angenehme Arbeitsatmosphäre. Excellent Kantine, vergleichbar mit sehr gutem Hotel. Es gibt alles, wie Joghurt, frisches Obst, Snacks.Die irische Mentalität ist extrem positiv.
Pros
Kostenlose Heiß- und Kaltgetränke, sehr gute Boni, extrem lange Lohnfortzahlung bei Krankheit
Cons
amerikanischer Arbeitsvertrag, wenig Arbeitsschutz, keine Gewerkschaften, Altersdiskriminierung bei privater Krankenversicherung (bis 35 Jahre kostenlos, Ältere sollen teuer bezahlen)
I started at PayPal with no call center experience. They seem to revel in bringing in people with different backgrounds and experience. I’ve had great leaders, and found the work challenging, but persevered.
Pros
The benefits, competitive pay
Cons
Compared to every other job I’ve had, there are none.
I really felt one team working at PayPal. People have vision and passion about their work. Management are very supportive and it's a good place to grow in career.
Pros
Team work
Cons
no free lunch
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Poor work life balance and an everyone looking out for own interest first culture. Great pay and good benefits, however, promotions seem to be awarded based on how management feels is most likely to leave the company and less on merit. Excessive processes that are often duplicative.
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at PayPal is OkPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at PayPal are not that greatJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at PayPal, I think it is securedManagementIn general, managers at PayPal goodCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at PayPal is excellent amazingOverallMy experience working at PayPal is amazing journey
Work-life balanceManagement is open to everything. They will help you as much as they canPay & benefitsHourly rate was low but the benefits are amazing.Job security and advancementPayPal guaranteed no one would lose their job during pandemic and they kept their word.ManagementThe CEO looks out for his employees. He is generous and very fair. I have never worked for someone like him before.CultureGet ready to be amazedOverallI do not think I will ever work for a place like PayPal again. There are just not that many companies as supportive and forward thinking as PayPal. I left for a higher paying job and now have an ulcer from the stress. I miss PayPal
Was fun than got laid off after being there for a year. The work life balance was great and so was the overall culture while working there. Definitely would’ve stayed longer
total Indian politics and favoritisms in teams. no one in the team has a sense of working for the company and integrity. full time employees nearly doesn't work and make the contractors do all the tasks and at the end of the day the blame the contractors. no one in the team really help with initial onboading. you need to reach out to cross teams to understand your works
With Paypal they start you out with benefits day one and the pay is reasonable and you can quickly advance. Their incentives to stay on as an employee are wonderful. The work environment is very toxic. I had a supervisor who told me I was "fake", as I was being "too kind" and "too appreciative" for simple things I asked for. You can't just go in to work, you're job performance is also based on how well you interact with your teammates. They claim to be inclusive but that is only if you think one way. I enjoyed the job. The AHT was easy to adhere to but in the end, I had to leave do to the work Culture.
Pros
Free Halloween Parties, Family Related Parties, Kitchen onsite.
Cons
Not enough breaks, terrible supervisors, TOXIC work environment
The work was monotonous but I would do it again in a heartbeat. Flex schedule decent pay good benefits great culture lots of changes you have to be able to adapt to change quickly
Pros
Good benefits flex schedule great work life balance
Cons
They closed in the area
They had amazing benefits and great managers. The schedule was pretty flexible as they were open like 18 hours/ day. They were always giving out prizes and feeding us and the goals were easily attainable
Pros
Free food, great benefits, good managers
Cons
Location closed
it is a company full of favoritism & company politics. Would NOT recommend!!! They change supervisors with the intent of the new supervisor firing employees with no valid reason
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Great culture and benefits. Some of the managers will bend over backwards for you. Great environment. Stock options. Love the company as a whole.
Productive and fun. good work culture. Good management.collaborative effors, good team bonding, no pressure from the management and the team is very helpful.
Very inclusive work environment. The pillars of their culture are all inclusive, where everyone is recognized and valued. Everyone is held to the same standard of success and dedication.
Good company, needs to keep up competitively with current salaries. Needs to be consistent with management and each department Feels ‘clicky’ Overall decent company.
A day at work is fast paced. Everyone is always moving for agile meetings. There is great collaboration between employees. The staff is multicultural, many different accents, cultures at play at all times. Work Life balance is encouraged. Many opportunities to improve your skills, Great team building. Management looks out for the employees. The best part of the job is knowing you participated in the successful launch or change on a Global project..
Great pay management are within a clique which makes it hard for advancement if you are not within the clique. Again pay is very good great benefits, however work culture is not the best.
The culture at PayPal is unlike anything you have ever experienced. The management is fairly awesome. It is easy to advance if you are willing to put in the work. The campus is like that of a college but with other adults, and not annoying teenagers. PayPal also takes care of their people. 10/10 would recommend to anyone.