Payscape Employee Reviews

I’m a Sales Manager at the Chattanooga, TN office.
Site Development Leader (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 3, 2018
I love what I do and love helping others be successful. Networking is the key, referrals help you get there and your sales ability makes you money. Great, great culture with Owners and Presidents that make themselves accessible at all times!
Pros
Set up your day the way you want to!
Cons
None, drink the Kool-Aid and you’ve found your home
Great Entry Level Position
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30324October 10, 2018
Awesome opportunity for young sales professionals to learn the ropes.

Extremely helpful in learning the "no's" of cold calling. However, the industry itself does not promote longevity. By the time one deal was closed, you were poached by a competitor.
you are your own boss
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 12, 2018
Payscape is a straight commission career where you have to really work hard to make a buck.
Management is non-existent but the home office will reject your deals if they do not like the business you are signing up or your paperwork is incomplete.
Training was fair at best. Only the top people make money in this company similar to MLM.
Company would be better at retaining people if they has a base salary or at least a draw since this industry is dog-eat-dog.
Pros
You are your own boss so work / lif balance is great
Cons
Too competitive of an industry, customers will leave you once a better rate comes thru their door.
Great Team Environment
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2018
Unique products make the job much easier. Payscape is a good company with a fun culture. Team leaders are supportive and definitely provide the tools needed for success.
Stay away
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 6, 2018
The products were marginal products at best. Hard to sell or promote something that is 10 years or more behind technology. Product training is non-existent.
not what it seems to be
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2018
Chasing card processing accounts are a tough nut to crack and their sales team was pretty cutthroat. The pay was not equal to the hours and effort put in.
Made my own schedule working from home!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INJanuary 20, 2018
Ability to work virtually anywhere as longs as you stay committed! Its hard work that can be very rewarding! Its definitely takes lots of on the phone time!
Pros
Dog friendly office
Cons
No sales, no pay!
Great company but this field is dying due to proprietary software
Business Development Manger (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 12, 2017
Great company but this field is dying due to proprietary software. As you go through your day to day duties of lead generation etc. You will find that you will compete with a lot of software that is already integrated and is proprietary.
Great people, great dogs, great environment!
Employee Experience Admin (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2016
For the first time in my professional career I am surrounded by hard-working, motivated, and intelligent people daily. Everyone helps each other to reach their goals and beyond. I am constantly learning more and more each and every day, and there is so much room for growth. Everyone in upper management is super understanding to employees when it comes to life/unexpected events. There is unlimited opportunity to prosper with this company! Such an awesome group of people to work with/for!
Pros
Excellent leaders, fun, endless opportunities, amazing leadership.
Awesome company with unlimited potential
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2016
A typical day is "10-4 out the door". The team is a great, and everyone is very supportive of each other and will go the extra mile to help you get started.

The hardest part of the job is definitely the industry, but if you stick it out and build a book of business then you have unlimited earning potential and your residuals will never go down.
Pros
Make your own schedule, lots of resources from corporate office, multiple product lines to sell, lots of prizes and contests
Cons
No gas reimbursement

Want to know more about Payscape?

Ask a question
You get what you give
Outside Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 14, 2016
When I first came to Payscape I was a bit nervous about the compensation, but after seeing it in action I do not have any regrets. Just like any sales position, you have to work... The only difference with this sales position is that it keeps on giving. The residuals continue to add up and provide you with solid pay. The potential for growth is endless. The managers want you to succeed, they are not even allowed to take deals for themselves. There are always great incentives, like parties, plane tickets and an awesome beach trip. There is nothing like the culture here at Payscape, and I could not be happier to be apart of this awesome company!
Pros
Upward mobility, fun culture, awesome incentives
Cons
You have to work hard to see results
Fast paced and fun
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 30, 2016
Payscape has built a solid foundation by being innovative and having local offices. Successful candidantes are self motivated and know how to work. Company is committed to training and supporting local account executives. Outside sales role serving small to midsize businesses
Pros
Diverse products and services. Fun, fast paced, and financially rewarding culture
Cons
Must be a self starter that wants to be outside the office doing sales activities.
hard work for little pay
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 26, 2016
when they say it's YOUR business that means you PAY all of your expenses and they reimburse you $0 and your suppose to enjoy this. in reality it's their business and you get paid very little to get and keep their business. After all your expenses are added up at the end of the month versus how much they pay you, you lose money and your suppose to be ok with this or your not a "team" player. it will take them up to a month to pay you on an account you close.
Pros
Cons
no accountablility at with management
Great place to start your career.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2015
Our dedication to payment technology and industry innovation is consistent; our mission is clear: to make it simple for business owners to collect money. Whether you accept credit cards at your retail storefront, process payments on your mobile phone, promote gift cards, operate an online shopping cart, or electronically invoice clients, Payscape offers financial products and services guaranteed to satisfy your cash flow needs.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Limited Career Growth Opportunities
Great place to work. Competitive environment that promotes growth.
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2016
I love working at Payscape. The competitive nature challenges me to grow as a professional and management provides me the support I need to facilitate that growth. I truly enjoy waking up and coming to work at Payscape every morning.
Pros
Great corporate culture, growth opportunities and support
Cons
Not for lazy people
Endless Opportunity, just make sure you take advantage of it!
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2016
Working at Payscape means your day will never be boring. From the technology, to the business, to the culture, things are ever changing and evolving. It's been an incredible place for me to learn and grow professionally, without crippling fear of failure. At Payscape you are encouraged to try a new idea, and if it doesn't work out the first time, try again or tweak it a little bit and then see what happens. Tons of room for upward mobility, no matter which area of the business you are in. The constant change can be difficult to navigate and you may find yourself wearing several hats while holding one role, but if you can tough it out, as they love promoting from within.
Pros
Great culture, endless opportunity, growing like crazy
Cons
Could stand to improve communication and transparency
Don't waste your time
Account manager (Former Employee) –  NashvilleOctober 14, 2014
I sold 4 nice deals and ended up getting 25% of the promised commission. The local sales manager said that the margins were too thin for the normal commission. However, they had preached and preached how incredibly competitive they were. In fact, they are no cheaper and no better than anyone else. It's a commodity industry.
Pros
own boss
Cons
Slippery leadership at all levels / low integrity
Unprofessional management and HR
Interviewee (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 4, 2014
I was given an interview with Payscape Advisors for the Nashville location, but never got the chance to even meet the district manager, Blair. The first interview was cancelled because the HR representative who scheduled the meeting was on Eastern time, whereas Nashville is on Central. This was a forgivable mistake. However, upon my arrival for the second scheduling of my interview - for which I was 15 minutes early - Blair was not at the office! The door was locked, and all the lights were off. I never recieved a call, text or email notification that my interview would need to be rescheduled again. I didn't bother to try attempting a third rescheduling, but based upon just my preliminary experience, I would never want to work for them.
Pros
Boss is never around
Cons
You're probably wasting your time
B2B Outside sales within the extremely competitive merchant service industry
FIRST AMERICAN PAYMENT SYSTEMS DBA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA.May 13, 2013
A typical day in the merchant service industry consists of reaching out to networking partners, banking relationships, and current clients. As with all sales jobs keeping the pipeline full and consistent is a must. This is done by cold calling potential merchants as well as asking current clients for referrals.

I have learned that opportunities present themselves everyday in which identifying those opportunities helps with success.

My role as a merchant service consultant was very individualistic. Meaning, daily priorities were up to me just as long as the end result was meeting the sales quota created by the management team.
Pros
Setting personal work hours and open territories
Cons
Extremely competitive market and 100% commission bases
Happiest I've ever been
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2016
I'm excited to come into work every day! I've learned more about payments technology than ever before. Which puts me in a great space long term. The corporate culture here is amazing. It is a fast paced fun environment where we treat each other like family.
Pros
Culture, pay, industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payscape. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

4.4Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

4.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight