PCC Logistics Employee Reviews

Summer Experience
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 4, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience working in the warehouse at PCA Logistics. I gained valuable knowledge of the business and how it operates. As long as you were able to keep up with your coworkers it was a relaxed job.
Pros
Work Hours
Cons
Back Pain
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 26, 2018
Fun work place. Potiential to grow and good atmosphere. Learned certain skills by working here but I seen growth for opportunities else where. I like working for a company where i can stay and grow in.
Management is horrible in San Leandro, Ca
payroll (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CaJune 14, 2018
I do not suggest any work for this company. They are cut throat and will stab in in the back every chance they get. They do not care for the workers only management. If you are not management then you are not safe there at all. Don't work here you will be sick and upset everyday.
Pros
Cons
everything
n/a
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 11, 2018
The company was busy and the employees were enjoyable. I learned a lot about the Logistics Field. I enjoyed all the tasks that I completed on a daily basis.
Fast Pace, Cold
Lumper/Shipping/Receiving (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 8, 2018
Lumping 100 pound bean bags, unloading Products from the train to the Freight trucks
Management Wasn't present as much/ lead Was just Horrible
Hardest part of the job was the constant 100 pound bean bags
(4-5 20 foot freights worth)
Long Hr. And Great Pay
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 27, 2017
Productive work place that provided good pay usally early morning to late afternoon shifts , management was ok could've been a lot better, didn't have the proper equipment to get jobs done a lot of times hand to improvise and use the tools that were provided.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No benfits
Great job
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 20, 2017
Working here has helped me expand my experience. Its an all around great place. I will encourage anybody to apply. Thanks for everything. The enviroment is phenomenal.
Pretty bad company no benefits nothing good
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Port of OaklandMay 7, 2017
Hard labor no benefits this job sucks everyone that's hired quits after one week no good low on staff all their equipment is old forklifts hardly run and very easy to get hurt
Pros
Once a year free tacos
Cons
Hard labor
PCC is a job that works with frozen meat.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 27, 2017
The Port of Oakland is a OK place to work . the first week you might be a little sore from the heavy packages you will be slinging from truck to crate or train to push-back forklift. I also drove and worked on the forklift for over 6 months.
enjoyable place to work. good people to be around
Assistant Business Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 16, 2016
Started small and has grown and provided opportunities for advancement to a point. Same overall daily duties, move import and export freight of all kinds.
Horrible Management
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMay 4, 2016
Do not work here if you expect support, guidance & friendliness from anyone in a Management level position. Like a review above, constant lying and backstabbing to save themselves. Do not expect help from HR either.

They will dump 2.5 peoples jobs on you and not bat an eye when asked for help.

The turnover is atrocious.
Pros
A few cool co-workers.
Cons
Immature Management, horrible benefits, no support
Fast paced,organized
Data Entry for Importing containers (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 22, 2015
Loved the job and the work but office lacked team work and had it's daily dose of company gossip and drama which I avoided. I learned a lot about Importing/Exporting. Enjoyed entering data and keeping track of files. Multi-tasking was a must and I became very successful at this skill. Would love to work with them again in the future but the commute wasn't ideal. They tried their best to accommodate my personal schedule but after a couple months decided it wasn't working with children's day care schedule (due to the traffic) and had to give my notice of leave. My favorite part of the job was completing a file from start to finish of shipment arriving from overseas and getting it into our warehouses. It was a large company that I very much enjoyed was it not for traffic and the lack of maturity and team work from few co-workers.
Pros
Relaxed dress code, company picnics, long lunch break
Cons
traffic to and from location
good place to work if your on your own
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 20, 2015
Not a job for the family man but for a single man its ok. It is a fast pace job gives you time to stay in shape if needed and it is a demanding job but it wont hurt you.
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 8, 2015
Easy job, dirty and a lot of cleaning. Hardest part of the job was cleaning up spills from tote bags weighing up to 4,000 lbs. Co-Workers were friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
indoors and outdoors job
Cons
job ends when work is done, no specific time.
productive
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 18, 2015
a typical day would be very busy and at a fast paste. workers are good and and so are the management team. could be paid a lil more
Import/Export Nightmare
Import/Export Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Very disorganized and backstabbing place to work. Lots of snakes with little to no room for error before they have you sign write ups. After signing the first one they wanted me to sign a couple more and I intelligently refused. A place where you will not give your 2 weeks notice if you find anywhere else to labor
Pros
Christmas party
Cons
Showing up to work each day
Challenging workplace
CSR / Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Oakland Ca.November 30, 2014
I direct independent truck owner/ operators delivering export product to the various ports and import loads to various facilities through out the bay area.
Fun productive place with supportive management
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CANovember 13, 2013
This company is great to work for, they have a heart and support all there employees.
Pros
Great work astmosphere
Cons
Fun place to work, but at times very challenging with no reward
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  DuwamishAugust 21, 2012
Supervisor overlooks the co-worker that is "not a morning person" and is allowed to show up late 19 out of 20 days. An individual gets in trouble for complaining about these conditons, because they overburden the rest of us that show up on time. Age discrimination comes into play and so does ethnicity. I loved my job and had some good interaction with my drivers and co-workers, but some of the others have no respect for a person of my particular persuasion. The best part was making sure the coffee was ready, calendars were updated, copier was full, and the "joke of the day" was ready to go! It was a happy place to be.
Pros
fun but challenging
Cons
challenging but not so fun
need improvements
Forklift and Heavy forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 29, 2012
The shop that i operate out of is fairly new and is in need of a lot of refinements in my view.
Pros
overtime
Cons
not enough training or shareing of information

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PCC Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about