PCI Employee Reviews

very busy
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 1, 2019
not easy but fair hard work everyday fast paced learn to work well with others. long at hours at times management okay but could use improvement better training
awful place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 10, 2018
it was very faced paced.worked you like a dog.they put profits before people.they went overboard on some of their regulations.couldnt eat or drink in the production area and never made it possible to do so.
Pros
paid vacations and holidays.
Cons
favoritism.
Got along with my employees wonderfully.
Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Grimes, IANovember 27, 2018
I was excited to go to work everyday. I learned how to lay drywall and put up metal frames. I also learned how to lay out the format for buildings. The hardest part of my job was reading a tape measure.
Pros
Paid to travel for work.
Cons
Had to travel.
Great place to work. Great guys to work with
Carpenter Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOSeptember 7, 2018
When I work for this company I worked for about almost a year solid. I worked with a awesome group of guys and we got many projects done. Work got a little slow the last few months but overall it has been a good time working here.
Ok to work for.
Foreman (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 20, 2018
No benefits no retirement, nothing to look forward to after retiring. I would like to have some kind od insinitives where i work to look forward to after retiring.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Health care
Productive, never lazy
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 16, 2018
Always was kept on my feet, constantly doing something, staying busy enjoying something new. Great people hired on contract. Easy to get along with and enjoyable
Great Place
PCI - Worked as Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJuly 15, 2018
I loved working here, the work area was nice and friendly .The management was great . The workflow was organised and steady pace. If you like a steady pace job then this job is for you.
Pros
Friendly staff and mangment
Cons
Make permanent jobs
Fun an productive
Runner (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLJuly 12, 2018
Fun place to work and learn and to be around professional people. Traveling from Amphitheater Tampa theater is a great experience also working and learning with some of the best runners in the United States. Also the staff I work with is awesome and had a lot of respect for each other.
Pros
Meet lots of star people
Cons
Low hours of work
Lead Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 12, 2018
Family owned so it has open door policies. They treat us like part of the family. Nothing bad to say about company. Supplies all tools to do the job correctly.
Quick Paced & Collaborative
Assisting tradesmen and machine operators (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 30, 2018
Working for PCI was a very good experience for me, I was able to step foot on the construction site where my future profession will take me. Along with that, the work environment is good and there are always people ready to help you.
Carpentry
Power blast (Former Employee) –  Milano, TXMay 23, 2018
Installed structures & fixtures to include but not limited to: windows, frames, floors, roofing, trim, etc. Read specifications on blueprints, building plans, or architectural sketches to prepare projects and determine dimensions and materials needed.
fairly good place to work.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXMay 22, 2018
When I worked there it was laid back. Fast paced. Management was good. They lead by example. Barely any rework. Paid you what you were worth for the most part.
Pros
Taken good care of
Cons
not stable
Easy job to do. The hardest part is staying awake if you're working 3rd shift.
Packer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 20, 2018
It was nice to have a job with benefits and paid holidays. I started off as a temp, after 90 days of work I was hired permanently as a packer at pci. My pay rate went up a few cents, but I received a raise every 6 months from Pci, and an annual raise from the union.
Premier drywall contractor
Construction Administration (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 3, 2018
ESOP company with national prominence in metal stud and drywall construction. Growing presence in southwest Missouri and Northwest Arkansas as premier sub-contractor in the field.
Management was somewhat disrespectful and belligerent.
Painter/Sandblaster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2018
Here at pic the managers can be very rude and won't take your ideas into account. The plant manager would yell at his employees and often tell them to eff off.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Short to no breaks
Fair place to work
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 9, 2018
As someone who likes to work with younger children it was a good place to work. The pay however is below that of someone needing to make a living and support their family.
They aren’t fair in pay or opportunities
Confined Space Attendant (Current Employee) –  Thompsons, TXApril 4, 2018
I just wanted and expected more from the job experience I wanted a permanent job and I worked hard for them 2 outages I was promised a raise but didn’t get one
It is OK.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLApril 2, 2018
It is a small company and you can't expect much.
It dwells in very competitive niche and if the workload goes down you have to find new businesses or you are at risk of being unemployed.
Bad place to work
Driver tanks (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJMarch 29, 2018
Bad place to work. Bad equipment and they want you to do illegal things. I complained about the truck I was driving before I left. The next driver in it rolled it. The speedometer didn't work.
Pros
They paid really good
Cons
The one boss... She was crazy.
fast paced and challenging
Fabrication Prototype Designer/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJanuary 10, 2018
Great place to work at.
Great culture
Enjoyed creating new products for our customers. The company provided training (in-house and outside). Hard work was greatly rewarded
Pros
plenty overtime