PCL Construction Employee Reviews

Its a challengeing place to work for.
ironworker helper (Former Employee) –  Dow freeporte txSeptember 4, 2018
I worked for this company for 6 months.i had two supervisors along the run.the second supervisor only wanted me in his crew cause I was a good flagged once they wanted for us to become and learn the trade as a iron worker his attitude changed quick.i was being harassed by him.he wrote me up for no apparent reason.I told my super intendant about his change of attitude he ignored me.they put me to work with others so he wouldn't have to deal with me,but when I was with the cleaning crew there the ones that gave me my layoff..He gave me a low grade on my performance.i chose not to work for this company ever again.They all talk about one another.
Pros
Great flagger
Cons
Bad communication.
Official response from PCL Construction
September 14, 2018

We take allegations like this very seriously and would like to investigate this matter further. Please reach out to us at indeed@pcl.com.

Decent Company
Pipefitter Helper (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNAugust 25, 2018
Ok place.... i imagine they have a lot of work.... very big company so things are different, a little “loose” to say... it’s a job, decent, would go back...
Pros
Decent wages
Cons
N/a
Great Company
Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 12, 2018
Enjoyed working on the projects with PCL. Employees are well trained and job sites are safe. Projects are interesting. Pay and benefits are above average.
good place to work
grade forman (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33624August 8, 2018
they are only a part time company for none supervisors.i was grade forman my duties was oversee crew in daily tasks also to oversee safety on job . get task for day done in timely maner.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
part time
Good Company
Sr. Buyer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2018
Very large construction company. I think the Division I worked for and their management treated me fairly. My Chain of command had some problems. I would encourage qualified applicants to consider PCL. Good benefit package. Competitive wages, but I thought they brought me in cheaper than they should have. They promised me 40 hour work weeks and I never worked less than 50.
It was OK but the job was about to end in two months
Concrete Finisher (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 22, 2018
It was OK we built a bridge and we did road work it was a contract job with the state. It was very hot out there and I worked many hours but I could handle .
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Yes health care
Nurturing Management, Many Opportunities to Grow, Healthy Environment
Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 19, 2018
Working at PCL was a huge change in scenery and attitude coming from the restaurant industry. I didn't know a company could treat you so well and appreciated how much management encouraged it's employees, awarded them, and pushed them to improve. The culture emphasized the wellbeing of employees rather than profits for the company, which improved the drive of employees.
Pros
Great pay, atmosphere, management.
Ironworker helper
Iron Worker Helper (Former Employee) –  Red Rock, OKJuly 19, 2018
My review of PCL is great because I got to learn a lot from this job. Got paid my hiura every week. Supported my family with those hours. All in all PCL is a great company.
Good place to get lots of experience
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 17, 2018
PCL will give you pleanty of work and lots to do. If you can learn fast and keep up with high quality individuals you will do well. If you cannot put in the hours, meet deadlines, and quickly learn what they are trying to teach you you will not be employed long.
Pros
Lots of experience
Cons
Long working hours and lots of responsibilities
Good Job
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Wanchese, NCJuly 12, 2018
Its a good job but the morale has changed over the last year or so. The company does not let you know of impending transfers until the last minute which is frustrating for families.
Great place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  AlbertaJuly 3, 2018
Great place to work, lots of lay offs though.easy people to work with, have a great routine before starting with stretching, safety oriented. Weekly , weekly tailgate and safety meetings.
Productive,and organized.
Pipefitter Helper (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNJune 26, 2018
i loved this job with a passion,great people,great environment,lots of opportunities,enthusiasticle,helpful resources,caring,powerful,this company gave me something to look forward to in the future.
Benefits
Cons
I do not know the status of this company now
Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 25, 2018
This is the construction company that i work for and i was doing bridge carpentry and heavy equipment operation. very risky job and you are exposure to work so many hours under pressure.
Demanding yet Prestigious Workplace
FIELD ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 22, 2018
Demanding yet prestigious company. Expected a lot out of employees. Great for someone who is going to buy into the employee ownership program. Lots of room to advance and move up within copany.
Was a great job
Segmental Bridge Erector (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 14, 2018
Lots of heavy lifting. High pace work! Always on your toes to keep from accidents! All and all it was a good job but the work in my area was comin to a end so i found another job
productive work place
Yard manager / Lead operator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 31, 2018
Every morning there is a safety meeting, which is a great benefit to the employees, it lets everyone know how they are doing and where we could all improve.
productive work place
CRANE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 24, 2018
its was a good work place .
There was no drama or fighting. My supervisors were pretty good to work for . If you needed to take a day off , they was pretty understanding as long as you told them in advance.
Great company to work for.
SAFETY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 23, 2018
Very busy and productive. Good interaction with co workers and crafts. A people company with a good safety approach. Enjoyed working for them. Opportunity for advancement and education.
Always a god time.
Foreman, Carpenter, Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Westminister, coMay 22, 2018
Fun to work for. Most people have a sense of humor. If you are not there to work you wont make it. Also be late, you won't have a job past the first 5 min. Yeah well no one in colorado is on time. Too busy smoking a joint instead of working.
Pros
Safety week is fun. Free lunch on occasion. People who will listen to you.
Cons
The fact im not there right now. Haha
Good company
Ironworker/Welder (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDMay 14, 2018
My personal criterion PCL contruction is very good company and I recommend it toall people who want work..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PCL Construction. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.