PEACE INC Employee Reviews

PEACE offers a lot of human service opportunities
Head Start Family Worker (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 23, 2018
PEACE INC has many human service programs that enhance the community. They strive to teach empowerment to people of all backgrounds. I would work for them again if I found a suitable position with decent salary and benefits.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Low wages, poor benefit package
Good Work environment
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 25, 2018
Great coworkers, good organization, training was clear, and coworkers were very helpful. Good place to volunteer for gaining tax experience, supervisors were helpful and friendly.
pool table
Babysitting (Former Employee) –  Tully, NYJuly 20, 2018
loved it there. i love kids and they love me. to put the kids down if they were tired id sing to them. right as they get there they eat dinner then we let them play wii if they behave and ate a good portion of their food.
productive
Admininstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 17, 2018
peace inc. was a good place to work but the policies needed to be more clearly defined. The director at the center I was employed was adequate . The administrative staff was fair.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
lack of advancement
Poor management
Family Worker (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 1, 2018
There is little to no training here and management is very unprofessional. They will belittle workers and completely ignore any personal issues that their workers may have.
Managing clients a must
Family Worker (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 22, 2017
Work started off really busy and would continue throughout the day in the same energy level, meeting with clients, setting a goal and a time line for when they would like to accomplish the target goal, sit in the classroom of my client's children and get to interact with them, schedule meetings and follow-up with other clients that may have missed or did not attend school that day. I learned to listen to what my clients needs were and provide them with the resources that would best fit meeting their goal. I would manage the issues of clients not getting along with one another and sit down in the work in the workplace and help the situation to get resolved. The hardest part of the job was learning how to familiarize myself with the new programs, but once I was trained on it, I was able to master the program.
Pros
communication with clients
Cons
short on staff
Great stepping stone job.
Family Development Advocate (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 12, 2017
Most days are slow but a great place to work at for beginners who are entering the human resource for the first time. You will learn how to make partnerships with other agencies, refer other people to other agencies, work with all types of people in the community.
Fun and interesting,very hectic
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Woodbury commonsMay 28, 2017
Wal-mart is a very hectic place to work for all tho there is room for growth in the management field . And relocation if you desire. You meet new and interesting people.
Pros
Fruits and vegetables on fridays
Cons
Obligated to work different departments
Working with children and some staff a joy most days
Family Worker (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 24, 2017
Pay could be better and job more organized. Working with children and families are a joy to me so being able to do this and make an impact in their lives was very rewarding overall.
Pros
Children are a joy
Cons
unorganized
Research Consultant
Research Consultant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 2, 2017
I worked with Catholic Charities as a research consultant to analzye client satisfaction data of their homeless housing program. The work was interesting and rewarding knowing you are helping people in the community.
Fun and family friendly environment. Always full of encouragement
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 16, 2017
Supervisor is amazing. Always there to lend an ear and listen to any concerns anyone may have. She really shows that she cares about not only her staff but her students and the families as well. Family workers are wonderful and they really care about the families. The children bring so much joy to the site that it makes the job worth doing. I love the job that I do everyday and enjoy the people I work with. I agree the pay isn't the best, but I believe that to see the faces of the children everyday makes it okay.
Pros
Great caring environment
Cons
Healthcare, short breaks
PEACE Inc. was a productive workplace.
Administrative Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 10, 2016
I was given the opportunity by the director of human resources of PEACE Inc. to fulfill my Office Technology Program requirement of performing a six week internship to graduate.

A typical day at work at PEACE Inc. consist of arriving at 8:35, to begin work at 9:00. I would go and check with the data entry clerk and the human resource department to find out if anyone had work for me, then return to the office that I was using to perform my duties. I was responsible for the break and lunch relief of the front desk administrative assistant. I took whatever I was working on with me to the front desk to have something to do when the telephone was not ringing. I received packages from the tax preparation program at least three times a week that needed to be entered into a survey program. I assisted the data entry clerk with organizing and alphabetizing forms to be entered into there system, then I verified the accuracy of the records that were produced from the information that was entered. I organized records and filed for the human resource department.

The job was not challenging enough due to the limited amount of work available. The most enjoyable part of the job was I was allowed to work independently.
Pros
I was able to use some of my previously acquired skills.
Cons
I did not have enough work.
Very cool job.
Associate Community Organizer (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 28, 2015
I got excellent mentoring both from my supervisor and through the DIRECT ACTION and RESOURCE TRAINGG training events which take place throughout the year.
Fair accountability bench-marks and goals which are a part of the D.A.R.T. culture.. Acute attention to constant improvement of what works.
Job great satisfaction in being able to empower ordinary people to speak directly to their officials.
Pros
Really developmental for communication skills with a lot of support and job sadisfaction.
Cons
You have to work when oters are relaxing sometimes.
driving-great,interacting with the seniors=great job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 11, 2015
not-for-profit. 4 yrs.not enough funds for regular raises,serving seniors at the nutrition sites was pure enjoyment for me.just talking to the seniors getting them to laugh and talk about their life experiences i learned alot about people
Pros
driving and seeing the seniors everyday
Cons
government spending cuts does not help not-for-profits
Good internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 3, 2015
Was able to apply some of my skills acquired in college in a real work situation. Good people to work with. Good work environment.
Love the people I work with!!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 4, 2015
I absolutely love the people I work with, however, the pay is too low. One of the lowest non-profits in Syracuse, NY. I love what I do, but it would be nice to get annual raises, and not of only 10 cents either. I think the turn around rate would drop if the employees received some sort of recognition for their work (RAISE!!!!!). And not to mention, I have YET, to meet the guy who runs the organization. I know you must be busy, but maybe you should make it an effort to seek out every employee in your area and maybe introduce yourself...be a little personable? Just my advice. But what do I know, I am only making just above min. wage.
Pros
Co-workers are amazing!! It's like family here!
Cons
Pay, Pay, PAY!!! ooh and maybe there could be better health benefits that would stop increasing in copays!
Diverse workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 17, 2015
I really enjoy working for P.E.A.C.E. Inc, I have met so many amazing families with such different backgrounds and being able to interact with the children although I don't work with them directly makes my day even better. I have the BEST co-workers I have ever had. The most thing I enjoy about my job here at P.E.A.C.E Inc is being able to go on my lunch and eat in the classroom with the children and the teachers in the room. I get to socialize with the kids about their day and make them laugh.
Pros
Free lunches if you eat in the classroom with the kids, working with kids and diverse families
Cons
short breaks, pay is not the best BUT it is a VERY enjoyable place to work!
Great place to mentor
IT Director (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 9, 2015
I enjoy mentoring my staff and college interns. I have been able to take the agency to the next level of technology. My management style is all about effective listening and being a team player.
Nice place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 19, 2013
PEACE INC was a great place to work. HR was fair in making decisions. Staff was friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand
Pros
Great Hours, no weekends or late shifts
Cons
Non Profit, so they pay was not the best
good
Data Quality Assistant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 26, 2012
flexible hours, great employees, im only part time would like to have employment to supplement my income