Peace River Center Employee Reviews

Knowing I Made A Difference In So Many Lives
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLAugust 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working @ PRC it's very rewarding when you can work in a great environment & be a blessing to so many patients in need. I also met great Doctors Nurses Psych Techs & Patients . It really opened my eyes to just how Big Mental Illness is in our Country
Pros
Making a difference in patients life working with a great team of people
Cons
Short breaks
Micro Managed
Inpatient Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLJune 18, 2018
The company micromanages their employees very much. And instead of helping employees who are struggling they would write them up to "build a case" and then terminate them.
No Opportunity for growth
Certified Domestic Violence Child Welfare Advocate (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 12, 2018
PRC is a great starter job, opportunity for entry level, and those who are interested in helping people. Management and support is the issue with this company.
Only useful for experience.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLJune 6, 2018
Use this place as a stepping stone. I don't feel as though they care about their clients or staff. The turn over rate is high. Management will turn a blind eye to serious issues.
Pros
Wide range of jobs
Cons
Upper management, pay, and benefits.
Caring agency
Peace River Center (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLApril 22, 2018
PRC covers 3 Counties and is a good advocate for individuals with mental health problems. The agency is pro-active with utilizing evidence based, research driven therapy modalities.
Benefits and pay rate
Fiscal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLApril 3, 2018
I believe in the work that the company does for the community. The company provides an excellent benefit package but unfortunately the pay rate is low.
Pros
Flexibility in work schedule
Cons
low pay rate
Great employees and exceptional clients.
Shelter Advocate to Shelter Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 22, 2018
Great employees, meet a lot of good people. Provided a lot of training that helped with personal growth. Stressful place to work, that was the hardest part of the job. Some clients were exceptional.
Pros
some flexibility
Cons
stressfull job
Mary

Collect Co-pays

Input of Client Information

Answer Incoming Calls

Complete Reports

Fully understand and consistently exhibit all of Peace River Center's Core Values, while fostering the same with all direct reports.
Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
Interact professionally with other employees, customer and vendors.
Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.

The hardest part of the job is knowing that there are people that you work with that aren't as compassionate as you are in regards to the clients.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people and giving them all the resources they need to better their selves.
Pros
Having a flexible schedule
Cons
Not the best benefits, pay
political with favoritism
Behavioral/ Mental health tech (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLJanuary 13, 2018
The culture often rewards poor and even dangerous behaviors among staff. Preferential treatment toward certain individuals is commonplace.Upper management often tales eye to unprofessional behaviors of certain individuals and is often overly critical of those who are educated and follow the rules.
Pros
benefits, pto
Cons
politics and dangerous behaviors among staff
productive and fun
Custodian/house person (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLJanuary 10, 2018
Great place to work, relaxed and very organized. Bosses are great. Staff is pretty kool. Diverse and everyone work together. Kkkll)jjhgfdddaaassshhhh love it

Want to know more about Peace River Center?

Ask a question
Good People to Work With
CRT Counselor (Current Employee) –  1255 Golfview Ave Bartow, Florida 33830December 26, 2017
Peace River like any place you work for has some good and bad things. Thoroughly love the people I work with but at times management makes working there almost impossible.
Know the law
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLDecember 13, 2017
I was out of work on FMLA, was contacted multiple times for information to assist with processes and procedures. When I returned to work the 1st day back, I was laid off. This is illegal!
Love my job
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 8, 2017
It is a busy pace, but we serve the underserved mental health patients in Polk County. My coworkers are committed to our patient population to help provide mental health stability.
my experience at peace river center overall rating at prc is good
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  bartow flaNovember 30, 2017
a typical day at work at peace river center is very experimental, ive learned a lot working with baker act patients, I work very well with adults and adolescents. the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help a client get better each day, the hardest part of the job is seeing a client relapse and it taking a very long time to get back to the community or to the homes
N/a
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLOctober 18, 2017
I have nothing to say about peace river. I am neutral at the moment. Just not a job to make a career unless you are a counselor. But it has its benefits
Workenvroment
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLOctober 6, 2017
Peace River is a good company that looks out for the people that work for them. The patients are the main concern. Peace RIver is making new moves to makes sure that the clients are getting the most up to date treatment.
good company
CHILDREN CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FL 33830August 19, 2017
Good company. would return to work there with right opportunity. Hardest part of job is productivity requirements. Lack of opportunities for advancement.
Pros
good company
Cons
salary
Its a job
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLAugust 15, 2017
Not enough hours if you are not full time.
The managers mean well.
Sometimes the clients get out of control, but there is usually enough staff available to control the situation.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
not enough hours
Na
Child's Targeted Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLAugust 11, 2017
worked in the field for children. management changed and so did the job. did not enjoy the new regime. would like to work with the company again in the future, however under different management
Pros
Cons
little pay
great job
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLApril 12, 2017
I loved the friendliness and being able to work with the different backgrounds. Learned a lot as far as to handle mental pt and also used some of the teachings at home