Peace River Center Employee Reviews

ok place to wokr
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLJanuary 4, 2019
Coworkers were ok, administration was ok. Residents were challenging at times. Sometimes there was no structure so there was chaos. Parents blamed staff for everything
Work perspective
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Polk County, FLDecember 27, 2018
PRC has offered opportunities for job advancement, student loan repayment, flexible work hours. Hardest part is the turnover rate within the 24-hr facilities and Outpatient
Leaves a lot to be desired
Decline (Current Employee) –  Bartow and Lakeland, FLDecember 22, 2018
Unprofessional, ethics are questionable, insensitive, do not care about employees, do not address problem employees, get rid of employees who identify problems, shady practices
Positive Environment to work in!
Targeted Adult Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FL 33801November 18, 2018
I enjoyed working for Peace River Center, I learned alot about case management and helping clients in the community who suffer severe mental illness. I worked with a great team and was a very good team member. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to set my own schedule and team playing concept amongst my co workers.
Strong work environment, with great people
Adult Targeted Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 5, 2018
Worked Long difficult days with a High need/ high utilizer group of clients. Staff was very supported and management worked hard to support staff daily. I enjoyed the day to day work and challenges. I enjoyed everything about the staff and the company I worked for daily. It was a very challenging Job and it was not meant for everyone.
Pros
positive work environment, with a highly motivated staff and management team
Cons
lower pay due to type of job and being funded by the government/ grants/donations.
Great and rewarding place to work.
Psych Tech (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 8, 2018
Great job, very rewarding. Management wasn't that great, barely saw or got to interact with upper management. Pay was close to minimum wage, equipment was out dated and benefits were not that great.
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Too many to mention
A team oriented organization
Intern (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 30, 2018
Peace River employees are dedicated to helping their clients. In order to provide these services, the staff is collaborative and has a good relationship with other local organizations to link clients to.
The most enjoyable part of the job
CSU OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 30, 2018
The unpredictability of the job and the amazing clientele that I had the opportunity to serve. The clients were the most amazing part of the job as there was much to learn from them, as we had the opportunity to teach them.
Nice place to work
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FloridaSeptember 30, 2018
Check in clients, check personal information to make sure it is updated, we see about 10 or more clients per day, verify Insurance for three providers one at my location two at other locations. My supervisor is in another part of Florida and I see her maybe three times a year she is a phone call or email away if i have questions. Hardest part of job is when clients parents to not make sure they call Insurance company and make sure they have all paperwork submitted so Insurance is active and then I have to ask them to call their Insurance company otherwise they will be billed for services. Most enjoyable part of my job is seeing how therapy helps a lot of these children that have been through so many traumatic issues, being taking out of their home because parent is on drugs or alcohol or domestic violence. Mental Health Therapy helps the child learn to be more positive and know they are special and teaches them skills to learn how to be positive and feel good about themselves and not to blame themselves because Parents are having problems.
Pros
Health benefits and a very nice place to work
Cons
people being rude
I will not even recommend this place to Devil himself
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 28, 2018
Micro manage the hard working employees and the slackers whom are doing nothing do not get micro managed. Good workers are worked to the ground the others they are allowed to do as they are pleased. It took me a long time that management wants you to believe this is acceptable. It is not acceptable! If you speak your mind/ truth you are considered defiant and this is when the paper trial begins to fired you. This is the worst place to work for and I will not even recommend to the Devil himself.
Cons
I love my job, everyone is happy here!
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Wonderful place to work...help those unfortunate who have no where else to go, great Executive Team and employees. I would recommend.

We have 23 locations and provide services including the following:
Wellness Center
Shelters
Short Term Residence
Group Homes
Pros
Bonus
Cons
no issues
Horrible management
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 15, 2018
Working at Peace River Center there is no peace. Management has favoritism and they will throw you to the wolves, management says one thing and stab you right in the back with a dagger. Watch yourself if you work here but I must say clients and some co workers are amazing.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Management and pay
management and professionalism
Advocate (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLSeptember 3, 2018
I think PRC should consider getting upper management trained on professionalism because the lack of is what's killing the company as a whole I personally think. Also, although there isn't a price you can set for someone's peace of mind, they should really consider paying more considering they require a lot of work with no pay reflecting all that's required in the job title as an Advocate.
Pros
no micro managing
Cons
unprofessional managing
Knowing I Made A Difference In So Many Lives
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLAugust 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working @ PRC it's very rewarding when you can work in a great environment & be a blessing to so many patients in need. I also met great Doctors Nurses Psych Techs & Patients . It really opened my eyes to just how Big Mental Illness is in our Country
Pros
Making a difference in patients life working with a great team of people
Cons
Short breaks
Micro Managed
Inpatient Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLJune 18, 2018
The company micromanages their employees very much. And instead of helping employees who are struggling they would write them up to "build a case" and then terminate them.
No Opportunity for growth
Certified Domestic Violence Child Welfare Advocate (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 12, 2018
PRC is a great starter job, opportunity for entry level, and those who are interested in helping people. Management and support is the issue with this company.
Only useful for experience.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLJune 6, 2018
Use this place as a stepping stone. I don't feel as though they care about their clients or staff. The turn over rate is high. Management will turn a blind eye to serious issues.
Pros
Wide range of jobs
Cons
Upper management, pay, and benefits.
Great company in which to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FL 33830June 4, 2018
Very flexible environment, great, caring, giving staff. Enjoyed my time with this company and would recommend it to others who may seek to work for them.
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
distance from residence
Caring agency
Peace River Center (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLApril 22, 2018
PRC covers 3 Counties and is a good advocate for individuals with mental health problems. The agency is pro-active with utilizing evidence based, research driven therapy modalities.
Benefits and pay rate
Fiscal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLApril 3, 2018
I believe in the work that the company does for the community. The company provides an excellent benefit package but unfortunately the pay rate is low.
Pros
Flexibility in work schedule
Cons
low pay rate